Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 14th Jun 16, 10:26 PM
    • 1,525Posts
    • 7,138Thanks
    mary hinge
    ".......Learning to dance in the rain!!"
    • 14th Jun 16, 10:26 PM
    ".......Learning to dance in the rain!!" 14th Jun 16 at 10:26 PM
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It is about learning to dance in the rain!"

The house of Hinge has moved on hugely since I first joined Mse and started "Unhinged!" and I felt we needed a fresh page to mark the place we are at in our journey! Back in those days we were very much under a huge black storm cloud, dodging the rumbles of thunder yet these days we are very much donning our wellies and certainly jumping in lots of puddles if not doing a little dance in the rain

June marks Superman's 8th birthday, His annual meeting at school to review his progress and the beginning of his transition in to year 4!! Master H is also on the transition train and his declared his new school totally "awesome, cool, wicked!!" Missy H is looking forward to her day in the west end and her drama workshops and is on the welcoming team to show the new school recruits around on their visit days!

Debt continues to reduce on our Dmp with SC, It is time for our annual review and I have made the execuetive decision to switch to self management in view of our plans to offer full and finals when Mr H's inheritence arrives. We are currently sitting at 13k owing and aiming to clear the balances with some cheeky reduced offers...... well, like they say If you don't ask you don't get!!

I'm currently in DLA form hell with Missy H's renewal forms Why do they make them so complex?! The whole process is draining!

Health/diet/sanity wise I'm firmly on the wagon!! 34lbs gone this year so far and plenty more to go I have found a love for exercise classes and clubbersize if my favourite Thankfully the dark cloud above me seems to of upped and left and with out any external demands or stresses I'm trundling along nicely!

Now to stick the kettle on and wait for my sofa buddies with the biccies!!

Mrs H x
    Living in a superhero induced haze
    "You did good Kidda!"
Page 11
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 6th Feb 18, 3:22 PM
    • 55,015 Posts
    • 219,637 Thanks
    beanielou
    Loved Grease too
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 7th Feb 18, 2:21 PM
    • 1,525 Posts
    • 7,138 Thanks
    mary hinge
    I bumped in to a lovely local lady this morning, we have very similar lives -husbands, children and all! Great to bounce ideas around and to feel "normal" in our chats and feelings towards all things Autism wise!

I've been watching the local selling pages for baby bits - found the pram I have been oggling forsale at a bargain price... immaculate and only a few months old for less than 100 they are 600 new I've stripped down and everything fabric is currently in the washing machine It got Mr H's seal of approval which helps! Baby on a budget seems to be working so far!

2 x 2 for the pot today from some change 4.71 spent in the co-op on more pepsi and much needed chocolate ......9.85 made in surveys in the last 24hours account sitting at 28 will keep it building for a while before I cash out I think!
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 7th Feb 18, 2:59 PM
    • 3,498 Posts
    • 32,044 Thanks
    maddiemay
    Great news about the pram Mrs H, and a real treat to chat with someone who has/is walking the same walk. Based on previous Hitchhikers would you hope to be coming put of the ickiness soon?

Hope your cold is better soon, I felt like the proverbial warmed up Friday and Saturday, a wee bit better on Sunday and apart from blocked sinus pretty much back to normal on Monday, so presumably I had the abbreviated version this time around xx
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 7th Feb 18, 5:13 PM
    • 1,525 Posts
    • 7,138 Thanks
    mary hinge
    Great news about the pram Mrs H, and a real treat to chat with someone who has/is walking the same walk. Based on previous Hitchhikers would you hope to be coming put of the ickiness soon?

Hope your cold is better soon, I felt like the proverbial warmed up Friday and Saturday, a wee bit better on Sunday and apart from blocked sinus pretty much back to normal on Monday, so presumably I had the abbreviated version this time around xx
    Originally posted by maddiemay
    With Missy H I no sniff of sickness or nausea at all with Superman I was sick until the day he was born and had multiple admissions for dehydrations. Master H I was sick until they finally found a concoction of drugs that worked for me at 25-28ish weeks following a few admissions for dehydration. I'm managing better this time around to avoid drugs/admissions but it's getting hard to manage as the weeks go on. I'm hoping it tails off soon but I think that is wishful thinking on my part!

I'm glad you are feeling alot better, that seems to be how I have been although I've had a good 2-3weeks of it "brewing" beneath the surface before it showed its true colours
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 7th Feb 18, 5:27 PM
    • 55,015 Posts
    • 219,637 Thanks
    beanielou
    Great news on the pram
    How many weeks are you now?

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 7th Feb 18, 6:51 PM
    • 8,835 Posts
    • 51,762 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Brilliant news on the pram .

Glad you had a nice chat too Xx
    Debts @ LBM 23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 0

NSDs achieved in 2018 30/60
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 9th Feb 18, 1:52 PM
    • 1,525 Posts
    • 7,138 Thanks
    mary hinge
    I'm 16/17 weeks Beanie! Have had an appointment in the post for my next scan... had requested a in school time appointment but they obviously haven't listened I can't make the appointment and be able to collect the little Hinges from the school. Have rang to change it but had to transfer to another hospital for an appointment I can actually make. Really stressful when it hits home that literally there is just Mr H and I to take care of the little Hinges and juggle school runs.

Busy morning of errands, feed the car 60 of juice collected the prescriptions from the chemist, sorted out the boys swimming lessons...... Picked up a birthday present for master H's friends party later....vitamins.....face stuff to help my pizza face

I have spent the last 2 hours on the sofa catching up on trashy TV and crocheting, my lurgey seems to be on it's way out, the cough and snot are still going strong but the rest is much improved!

I'm heading out to the cinema later tonight to watch a rather raunchy film will pick up drinks and snacks from the shop to keep costs down.

How's everyone else doing?

Mrs H x
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 9th Feb 18, 3:44 PM
    • 55,015 Posts
    • 219,637 Thanks
    beanielou
    I am plodding on.
    Enjoy the film

***Keep plodding***
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 9th Feb 18, 4:37 PM
    • 8,835 Posts
    • 51,762 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Hope you have a lovely evening Xx

• mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 10th Feb 18, 5:09 PM
    • 1,525 Posts
    • 7,138 Thanks
    mary hinge
    Hobbies done, March budget completed and a Aldi shop done for the up coming week.... 88 Half term equated to super hungry Hinge children Master H and Superman came to "help" they did add some extras to the trolley but I'm all for superman trying new foods! Before I could unpack he asked for some waffles with ice cream and chocolate sauce for a snack He ate the lot and declared it delicious amazing to see him eating something other than cheesy mash or toast if only I could convince him to add some fruit that would be perfect but I'm not pushing my luck In the trolley he added breaded chicken burgers, chocolate mousse and some noodles progress!

We have a groupon deal for a trip to the new trampoline warehouse to use over half term and a play date booked with my friend and her children at the local nature park - hoping it will be a bit warmer or it will be flasks of hot soup and drinking chocolate instead of a picnic The little Hinges are yet to decide on their pocket money activity put it's looking likely to be bowling or soft play on Thursday. A much needed Home day on Friday as we have to wait in for the heating engineer for the yearly safety check.

Film was rather over rater at the cinema last night, but it's always good to finish the series. Company was awkward and uncomfortable and left me feeling rather school girl like back in the play ground. Really must review such "friendships"
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Feb 18, 5:59 PM
    • 55,015 Posts
    • 219,637 Thanks
    beanielou
    Exactly with you on the company leaving you awkward & uncomfortable. I too really must deal with this
    Such a very horrid feeling.

***Keep plodding***
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 11th Feb 18, 10:19 PM
    • 1,525 Posts
    • 7,138 Thanks
    mary hinge
    Today was a NSD!

We've spring cleaned the living room, Mr H moved all the furniture to hoover behind sorted out the little Hinge's arts and crafts tubs and filled 1/2 a bin bag We then got distracted with making paper areoplanes and having competitions on whose can fly the furthest

I then went for a lovely bubble bath on Mr H's orders.... I was cold to my bones and just couldn't warm up..... laid down whilst getting dry and woke up over 4 hours later Mr H had fed the kids and kept them out the way to let me sleep can't shake this lingering background coldey virus and have had a headache all day. Broiche loaf toasted with nutella seems to help it loads

Came across an offer for the local zoo for half term week, seems we will be swapping bowling or soft play for elephants, guraffes and monkeys

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend!
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 11th Feb 18, 10:23 PM
    • 8,835 Posts
    • 51,762 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Sounds like an absolutely perfect day Xx

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 12th Feb 18, 10:23 AM
    • 55,015 Posts
    • 219,637 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope you feel a wee bit better today Mrs H

***Keep plodding***
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 13th Feb 18, 1:33 PM
    • 1,525 Posts
    • 7,138 Thanks
    mary hinge
    I feel slightly more human today!

The little H's had a fantastic time at the trampoline place although Missy H is in agony today Mr H joined them although mainly from the sidelines muttering he is too old for this marlarky

Slow day here in the house of Hinge, everyone still in their pjs other than me! I've had to de-hair/unclog the shower drain Manky!! Now back draining well and smells of lovely bleach! Popped to the local Tescos for some more Pepsi and grab a meal deal sarnie whilst I was there, spent 6 Unsure why I felt the need as the fridge is full of sandwich stuff and I generally don't like prepacked sarnies! forgot the shampoo I've meant to pick up the last twice I've been

Time for a cuppa and a chill until it's time for hobbies/swim lessons later So must for half term holidays nothing relaxing about it!
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 13th Feb 18, 7:37 PM
    • 55,015 Posts
    • 219,637 Thanks
    beanielou
    The joys of half term

***Keep plodding***
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 14th Feb 18, 10:30 AM
    • 1,525 Posts
    • 7,138 Thanks
    mary hinge
    Everyone feeling loved up? Mr H and I don't buy in to Valentine's day - we hate each other all year round

Superman had his usual sausages and scrambled eggs, Missy H made pancakes for her and master H's breakfast, we avoid them on pancake day as we eat them all year round and Mr H doesn't like to be "dictated" to

Only one cuppa so far this morning, we have no milk left took my eye of the ball on that one didn't I Will have to get showered and head out to the shop, I'm not human with out at least 3 cups maybe I can remember the shampoo this time
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 14th Feb 18, 11:51 AM
    • 8,835 Posts
    • 51,762 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Everyone feeling loved up? Mr H and I don't buy in to Valentine's day - we hate each other all year round o
    Originally posted by mary hinge
    Snigger Xx

• Bubblesmum
    • By Bubblesmum 14th Feb 18, 2:19 PM
    • 1,074 Posts
    • 6,263 Thanks
    Bubblesmum
    Waving madly.... congratulations on the wee hitch hiker
    Mrs B Debt 1857 @ 13/06/2017, 1790 16/06/2017
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 14th Feb 18, 3:52 PM
    • 1,525 Posts
    • 7,138 Thanks
    mary hinge
    Waving madly.... congratulations on the wee hitch hiker
    Originally posted by Bubblesmum
    Welcome back BM!! I hope you are well?!

I went shopping, picked up 2 huge lego city sets in the bargain bin 50% off to put away for Superman's birthday in the summer..... That boy does love his lego in my excited I forgot to get my shampoo

I've hunted out hats and gloves for the little Hinges ready for our Zoo visit - going to be cold and I'm not paying entry fees to listen to Superman moan he is cold all day Will put the picnic together last thing before bed... ice blocks and tbf it is freezing enough in the hallway to resemble a fridge need to be up and out by 9am to beat the queues!

Emails received with the invoices for this half terms music lessons, 105 to pay on return to school.... good job it's already budgeted for. Superman enjoys his lesson but isn't really "getting better" thankfully we knew this was more sensory therapy then getting him a career in drumming! Missy H on the other hand has come on leaps and bounds since we switched her tutor back in september, I think they just "get" each other and it works! I love hearing her strumming away singing along makes my heart swell.

Slow cooker is on with beef stew for dinner later, will make up some yorkie puds and a pan of mash - something for everyone then!
    "You did good Kidda!"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,127Posts Today

7,835Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin