Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    • 652Posts
    • 401Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa
    • 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa 11th Jun 16 at 9:59 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Iresa

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Page 99
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 3rd Mar 18, 10:13 AM
    • 5,734 Posts
    • 3,517 Thanks
    Hengus
    Spoke to soon ! Balance has changed altho' I can't see why as the calculations for latest charges are not visible. Also their end of month estimate is much higher than actual - they are estimating that I used ~55kwh leccy in one day
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    If you ever decide to move away from Iresa, you are going to have a find a new hobby.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 3rd Mar 18, 10:17 AM
    • 4,843 Posts
    • 2,013 Thanks
    brewerdave
    If you ever decide to move away from Iresa, you are going to have a find a new hobby.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    Very true ...................unless I can find an even worse (but cheap) supplier!!
    • quiet advisor
    • By quiet advisor 3rd Mar 18, 10:34 AM
    • 117 Posts
    • 496 Thanks
    quiet advisor
    Originally posted by Hengus
    Not that I advocate, but there was a very upset customer of Yorkshire Bank who changed his name by deedpoll to "Yorkshire Bank are ba**ards".

The Bank had to write to him with the opening line "Dear Mr Yorkshire Bank are ba**tards" and issue a cheque book accordingly.

I must say that a key reason we are switching from Iresa(half way there at present with elec OK but still waiting for the gas to transfer) is that my wife has instructed me to get a new life away from energy bills, and I have to agree.
    • bp5
    • By bp5 3rd Mar 18, 12:50 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    bp5
    I signed up with Iresa as they came out cheapest but they seem to have a slow and poor IT system where they had a DD amount for me that kept putting me in larger and larger credit. I raised support tickets several times and eventually they refunded me. When the 1 year deal came to an end another supplier (Economy 7) came out cheaper so I began the switch which should have been very simple. However Iresa's bot sent an email saying my account was in debit so they couldn't transfer. I pay by direct debit so my account can only be in debit if they don't take the money! So I logged into their portal and it said my balance was 0.00 but in brackets afterword it said: (your account is in debit). Someone wrote <=0 means debit instead of <0! I raised a support ticket over 2 weeks ago but no answer. Called the ombudsman who were sympathetic but apparently Iresa get to ignore me for 6 weeks before the ombudsman can step in. There is no phone number for them on the website (at least when logged in) but the nice ombudsman lady gave me this number: 0115 727 0982. I'll have to try it on a weekday however...
    • darren72
    • By darren72 3rd Mar 18, 12:54 PM
    • 1,172 Posts
    • 255 Thanks
    darren72
    There is no phone number for them on the website (at least when logged in) but the nice ombudsman lady gave me this number: 0115 727 0982. I'll have to try it on a weekday however...
    Originally posted by bp5
    Alternatively use their freephone number 0800 4337812 (Taken from https://www.saynoto0870.com)
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 4th Mar 18, 9:02 PM
    • 990 Posts
    • 307 Thanks
    JohnB47
    I've decided to move from the IRESA 4 Fixed 12 month DD deal to their IRESA 5 Fixed 12 month DD.

I did a comparison and the savings gained by jumping to another supplier were tiny.

I've never had any problems with IRESA. (Crosses fingers and touches wood).
    • beardiedog
    • By beardiedog 4th Mar 18, 9:13 PM
    • 501 Posts
    • 178 Thanks
    beardiedog
    I've decided to move from the IRESA 4 Fixed 12 month DD deal to their IRESA 5 Fixed 12 month DD.

I did a comparison and the savings gained by jumping to another supplier were tiny.

I've never had any problems with IRESA. (Crosses fingers and touches wood).
    Originally posted by JohnB47
    I've done exactly the same as you. In fact, the rates quoted to me by Iresa were lower than the ones on CEC so no reason to move. I've still got gas and electricity supplies. If they do go under then we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
    • gardner1
    • By gardner1 4th Mar 18, 9:24 PM
    • 2,457 Posts
    • 3,699 Thanks
    gardner1
    Same here.....never had a problem
    Just signed up for IRESA FIXED 5 electric for another 12 months and with no exit fees it's a no brainer
    • molerat
    • By molerat 4th Mar 18, 10:01 PM
    • 18,594 Posts
    • 12,744 Thanks
    molerat
    I've done exactly the same as you. In fact, the rates quoted to me by Iresa were lower than the ones on CEC
    Originally posted by beardiedog
    Probably about 5% cheaper
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • molerat
    • By molerat 4th Mar 18, 11:09 PM
    • 18,594 Posts
    • 12,744 Thanks
    molerat
    Interest has been added, pretty quick this month !
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 5th Mar 18, 7:59 AM
    • 3,531 Posts
    • 1,593 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    Having an issue with gas meter reading/validation. Last good read was end Nov. Since then "customer reading" entry didn't match my web entry confirmed via email; its lots lower than my provided read. Oh well, better than being the other way round I suppose.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
    • Catsmum
    • By Catsmum 6th Mar 18, 2:26 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Catsmum
    Iresa Customer Support
    I wrote to them two weeks ago asking for some information about my account. I had an automatic reply saying that I should expect a reply within five days. I didn't get one. I dug their phone number of their website where it wasn't obvious. They seem to have only one person dealing with calls on that number because after waiting in a queue for 22 minutes, I only advanced a few places. This according to their own telephone system where this information is announced by some woman with one of those US accents that sounds a bit like a duck quacking. This in itself indicates a company that says "near enough is good enough", not realising that the little things such as a grating US accent will alienate customers.

My advice is, if you want good customer service, go elsewhere. Zero stars.
    • ProDave
    • By ProDave 6th Mar 18, 3:12 PM
    • 845 Posts
    • 961 Thanks
    ProDave
    Anyone had a "Routine Read" bill?

I checked my account today. There was the usual end of February bill (based on the reading I submitted) and an additional bill 2 days later.

This additional bill has the reading down as "Routine Read" and has a reading figure about 200 units higher than the reading today (I have just read the meter to be sure) and over 400 units higher than the reading I sent them just 2 days previously

It's not a big issue as it will only have the effect of making the March bill smaller, though knowing IRESA it might also make them reject my end of March reading as it will look very low.

I have raised this via a support ticket but I won't hold my breath waiting for a reply.

My suspicion is they are shirking their obligation to physically read the meter every 12 months and making up a reading to pretend to do this.

P.S. This is for standard rate electricity only, no gas here.
    Last edited by ProDave; 06-03-2018 at 3:16 PM.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 6th Mar 18, 3:44 PM
    • 4,843 Posts
    • 2,013 Thanks
    brewerdave

I checked my account today. There was the usual end of February bill (based on the reading I submitted) and an additional bill 2 days later.

This additional bill has the reading down as "Routine Read" and has a reading figure about 200 units higher than the reading today (I have just read the meter to be sure) and over 400 units higher than the reading I sent them just 2 days previously

It's not a big issue as it will only have the effect of making the March bill smaller, though knowing IRESA it might also make them reject my end of March reading as it will look very low.

I have raised this via a support ticket but I won't hold my breath waiting for a reply.

My suspicion is they are shirking their obligation to physically read the meter every 12 months and making up a reading to pretend to do this.

Originally posted by ProDave

I had the usual over "estimated by supplier" read for the last day of the month with its accompanying charges but mine was only ~ 35 kwh higher than actuall, not 100s!
    The only issue that this very high read could cause you, is that they will raise your DD by a big chunk.
    I've just completed the year on Flex4 and have actually used slightly more than originally forecast, so with the slightly higher cost of Flex5 I'm expecting them to raise the DD by ~ 5pm which should cover the extra cost - but who knows ??
    • ProDave
    • By ProDave 6th Mar 18, 5:28 PM
    • 845 Posts
    • 961 Thanks
    ProDave
    That's why I have raised the support ticket. At the moment it "looks like" I used 48 worth of electricity in 2 days.
    • don9999
    • By don9999 6th Mar 18, 5:50 PM
    • 498 Posts
    • 136 Thanks
    don9999
    Might as well add my terrible experience...

I joined Iresa in Feb-2017 based on them being the cheapest.
    They billed me monthly for the following four months, but the Opening Balance on one invoice rarely matched the closing balance on the previous invoice....
    eg. May Closing Balance = 147.82 in credit
    June Opening Balance = 75.96 in credit ie. they 'lost' 71.86 of my money !

I raised a ticket on 11-Jul-17, they replied on 27-Jul-17 that they would investigate.
    I heard nothing after that.
    I then found it IMPOSSIBLE to connect to my account. I tried for days and weeks, but could not connect.
    I finally gave up trying and initiated a switch to SSE - with them taking over in Aug-2017.
    I continued, periodically and unsuccessfully to connect to my Iresa account.

Finally, in 2018 (!) I was able to connect.
    It seems that they had re-issued (and corrected) the dodgy June invoice in January 2018 !
    (6 months after I complained about it!)

They have since made several charges on my account, but have NOT provided any invoices to support these charges......
    My account is almost 200 in credit - although without any recent/closing invoices I have no way of checking if these figures are correct!
    But they DO owe me at least this 200 !

I have raised 'another' support ticket with them, but who knows if I have to wait 'another' 6 months for a reply......!
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't!
    • Al Ross
    • By Al Ross 6th Mar 18, 6:21 PM
    • 415 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    Al Ross

Originally posted by ProDave
    Yeh,they did the same to me last month,added a routine read with about a months usage for 7 days this was for both gas and electric.

I complained via their facebook page and gave the correct reading which they eventually added.
    • Jojo1947
    • By Jojo1947 6th Mar 18, 6:41 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jojo1947
    My contract with Iresa ends 14th of April and I have signed with a new supplier - Brilliant Energy (let's hope they live up to their name). I have just received an email from Iresa saying they "have denied the switch because there is an out standing debt on the account". This debt is for 12.48. " Once this debt is cleared, a new request to switch will be allowed to go through." They have already increased my monthly payments and taken a one off payment. What is stopping them from taking another one off payment and allowing the switch?
    • CelticStar
    • By CelticStar 6th Mar 18, 11:49 PM
    • 532 Posts
    • 420 Thanks
    CelticStar
    I am also having problems switching from Iresa. They have rejected my switch saying I am in debit by about 60 but not only do I pay by direct debit so they can just take the balance at my next payment date, I am also not in debit. This is because they consistently overestimate my usage so that I am currently owed around 30 for my electric and 100 for my gas due to the difference between the actual meter readings and the estimated meter readings done by Iresa. They consistently ignore my gas meter readings and just make up one of their own virtually every month. I am so fed up with them.
    • poppellerant
    • By poppellerant 12th Mar 18, 11:50 AM
    • 1,119 Posts
    • 593 Thanks
    poppellerant
    I am still waiting for my final bill to be produced. Apparently my new provider has provided them with final meter readings, so why the wait?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

441Posts Today

5,573Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin