Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    • 652Posts
    • 401Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa
    • 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa 11th Jun 16 at 9:59 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Iresa

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Page 86
    • hillcats
    • By hillcats 8th Feb 18, 8:42 PM
    • 837 Posts
    • 643 Thanks
    hillcats
    Utility Point - unless I've made a mistake !?
    ORIGINAL MORTGAGE AMOUNT 106,454.00 (Start Sept 2007)
    DEC 2017 O/S AMOUNT 9,596.10 DEBT REDUCED BY 96,857.70 By Std Regular, Over-Payments & Off-Setting.

Bank of England + 0.19% Tracker Mortgage (IF OFFSET REPAYMENT) Discounted (Sept 2007-2010) then increased to Bank of England + 0.62% for remainder of mortgage term (2027)
    • ProDave
    • By ProDave 8th Feb 18, 10:47 PM
    • 792 Posts
    • 856 Thanks
    ProDave
    Utility Point - unless I've made a mistake !?
    Originally posted by hillcats
    Their unit price is higher, but daily charge is lower, so might work out cheaper for a low user, but not me I am afraid.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 9th Feb 18, 9:17 AM
    • 737 Posts
    • 1,857 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    Another account released from Iresa's hold. They have not objected to the relative, that we help, switch to Octopus Energy. We just hope that they don't have hazzle trying to get their credit back.

She might have stayed with Iresa if they had responded to her ticket to reduce her DD because of the credit building up, but no response despite chasing.

Octopus Energy seems to be excellent at keeping her updated. Also, because of people using her referral link, if they all go through OK, her electric bill is already covered for the year!

We are so impressed that we are also in the process of switching from Iresa to Octopus Energy; so another Iresa customer lost. They have not objected yet and our account is slightly in credit, so should be OK.
    It is worth checking out the referrals board for the Octopus 50 referral links.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 9th Feb 18, 10:48 AM
    • 4,781 Posts
    • 1,989 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Just noticed that no interest has been credited for end of January yet ?
    • Maxjaz
    • By Maxjaz 9th Feb 18, 4:53 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Maxjaz
    IRESA-I tried to move from IRESA and they blocked my Electricity move but let the Gas move. They said that they did this becasuse I stopped my DD. I was 350 in credit over both gas and electricity and my DD was 141. I had written to them some weeks before the block askinf for them to return my money. I received no reply. I phoned them to ask them to explain the situation and they said it was because there was no DD and the Gas move had not been blocked because it was illegal. I said surely blocking Electricity is illegal. After repeating myself 3 times, I asked to speak to the Manager and Shahruf(He would not give me his surname) refused to put me through. At all times he kept reciting 'It is Company Policy'. Today they have agreed to allow the electricity to go through however this will involve a 4-6 weeks delay so they have been able to squeeze out the term and hence more money bu using an illegal tactic. I have complained to the Ombudsman and hope they will take action to stop IRESA doing this to others. I certainly will never give them the chance to do it again, I hope no one else will!
    • poppellerant
    • By poppellerant 9th Feb 18, 5:37 PM
    • 1,108 Posts
    • 587 Thanks
    poppellerant
    It seems as though Iresa have not raised any objections to my move, according to an email received today:
    Hi XX,

This email is to notify you that there is an update/new ticket on your account.

Gas and Electric supply transfer request has been completed and new supplier should commence supplying you by XX/02/2018. Final meter reading to be sent to Iresa from the new supplier within 10 days after the change of supplier.

The final bill to be produced after receipt of final reading and account closed afterwards.

Account closure will take about 4 weeks to be completed and escalations will only be accepted if the issue has now been resolved within this period.

Latest Update:

Please submit your final meter reading to your new supplier who will in turn pass same to us with which your final bill will be generated in not more than 4 weeks from the change of supplier date.

We truly appreciate your business and are grateful for the trust you have placed in IRESA LIMITED. We were privileged to have the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to continuing our relationship with you in the future, and should you have any suggestions how we can serve you better. Please do not hesitate to drop us an email or call our customer support.

Kind Regards,

Alex
    • nickcc
    • By nickcc 12th Feb 18, 7:05 PM
    • 1,797 Posts
    • 797 Thanks
    nickcc
    Just had the same confirmation email for both gas and electric. New supplier also confirmed switch dates so no blocking from Iresa.
    • poppellerant
    • By poppellerant 13th Feb 18, 7:59 AM
    • 1,108 Posts
    • 587 Thanks
    poppellerant
    I shall be submitting my final readings to Iresa soon, on the day before I am due to switch. But so far, everything is going smoothly - almost a bit too smoothly.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 13th Feb 18, 8:12 AM
    • 737 Posts
    • 1,857 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    I shall be submitting my final readings to Iresa soon, on the day before I am due to switch. But so far, everything is going smoothly - almost a bit too smoothly.
    Originally posted by poppellerant
    On a switch you just need to provide the readings to your new provider, they then pass them for validation to the 3rd party, who agrees them and sends them to the old provider.

If you send them to Iresa, they may use it as an excuse to mess things up.
    Last edited by ASavvyBuyer; 13-02-2018 at 8:19 AM.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 13th Feb 18, 8:16 AM
    • 737 Posts
    • 1,857 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    Now had confirmation from Octopus Energy that Iresa have not objected to our switch.

We are likely to be in debit when Iresa produce the final bill.

It will be interesting to see how quickly Iresa produce a final bill if you are in debit, compared with being in credit.
    • nickcc
    • By nickcc 13th Feb 18, 8:38 AM
    • 1,797 Posts
    • 797 Thanks
    nickcc
    Now had confirmation from Octopus Energy that Iresa have not objected to our switch.

We are likely to be in debit when Iresa produce the final bill.

It will be interesting to see how quickly Iresa produce a final bill if you are in debit, compared with being in credit.
    Originally posted by ASavvyBuyer
    Don't forget that if, like me, you have paid two weeks in advance this should also reduce your final bill.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 13th Feb 18, 10:07 AM
    • 18,366 Posts
    • 12,539 Thanks
    molerat
    Just noticed that no interest has been credited for end of January yet ?
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    Mine appeared this morning.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • Boxman
    • By Boxman 13th Feb 18, 11:49 AM
    • 125 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    Boxman
    "Please submit your final meter reading to your new supplier who will in turn pass same to us with which your final bill will be generated in not more than 4 weeks from the change of supplier date."
    Originally posted by poppellerant

Oh how I laughed when I read that. Now 19 weeks since my switch date to another supplier and still no sign of a final bill and refund of credit. No sign of action from ombudsman since I referred the matter to them 5th January either, I'm beginning to despair.

Have been updating the relevent ticket on the Iresa site every 5 days or so requesting they sort it but get no response.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 13th Feb 18, 11:59 AM
    • 5,593 Posts
    • 3,432 Thanks
    Hengus
    Oh how I laughed when I read that. Now 19 weeks since my switch date to another supplier and still no sign of a final bill and refund of credit. No sign of action from ombudsman since I referred the matter to them 5th January either, I'm beginning to despair.

Have been updating the relevent ticket on the Iresa site every 5 days or so requesting they sort it but get no response.
    Originally posted by Boxman
    Based on my experience last year, you will have to wait 8 weeks or more to get a Decision out of The Energy Ombudsman (E)). Thereafter, the supplier can safely do nothing for another 28 days before it gets hit with another EO's charge. Sorry.

If you haven't done so already, I suggest that you inform Ofgem of a potential breach of Licence Conditions. Ofgem can be contacted at:

consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk

My experience is that they will intervene eventually provided they get enough complaints to tip the scales: ie, they go on the weight of complaints and will not look at individual issues.
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 13th Feb 18, 1:21 PM
    • 651 Posts
    • 353 Thanks
    Raxiel

Originally posted by Boxman
    Have they acknowledged it at any point?

Forget the ticket system, send a letter, include a copy of your first bill from the new supplier (you only need to give them the page that has the opening readings). That seemed to get their attention in my case. I got an email from them the day it arrived. If nothing else it means they can't tell the Ombudsman that they don't have agreed reads to raise a bill against.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 13th Feb 18, 3:26 PM
    • 4,781 Posts
    • 1,989 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Mine appeared this morning.
    Originally posted by molerat
    Upon checking , my interest for end Jan. has also appeared.
    • MM2002
    • By MM2002 13th Feb 18, 3:36 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    MM2002
    Currently on hold to iresa (have been for 38 mins so far) Am on the flex4 fixed and that ends today. looks like flex5 is the only option, or move, but there seems to be not many that are much cheaper but this nightmare on hold to find my annual useage is a joke. I had raised a ticket on my login asking the question with no reply.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 13th Feb 18, 3:43 PM
    • 18,366 Posts
    • 12,539 Thanks
    molerat
    If you have been with them for a year surely it is quite simple to work out your annual consumption ?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • MM2002
    • By MM2002 13th Feb 18, 3:52 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    MM2002
    Finally got through. Living in Bedford with an annual gas usage of 19200 and elec of 5160 it seems again theres not much saving to be had. Any suggestions gratefully received!!
    • Boxman
    • By Boxman 13th Feb 18, 4:14 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    Boxman
    Have they acknowledged it at any point?

Forget the ticket system, send a letter, include a copy of your first bill from the new supplier (you only need to give them the page that has the opening readings).
    Originally posted by Raxiel

I had an e-mail from them on the 12th January: "sincerely apologise for the delay in resolving this issue for you. I have been in contact with the department dealing with this for you today and they have advised that if you can provide us a copy of your opening bill from the new supplier, we can generate a manual final bill for you." signed 'Mahad from the complaints team'.

Within the hour I sent them back a scan of the first bill from OVO showing the opening meter readings they were using from the switch date. Since then no communication of any sort from Iresa either by e-mail or an update on the open ticket on the website.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,910Posts Today

8,869Users online

Martin's Twitter