Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    • 652Posts
    • 401Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa
    • 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa 11th Jun 16 at 9:59 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Iresa

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Page 85
    • maydenover
    • By maydenover 6th Feb 18, 4:01 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    maydenover
    I signed with Iresa last May, by August they still hadn't set up my meter readings despite numerous phone calls and web enquiries. I finally gave up on them and switched again in September. After having to wait over an hour on the phone ( I called at 08:05, and was 70 in the queue) they have finally settled up what I think they owe me. I think they've grown too quickly and can't cope. Cannot recommend them at all.
    • toshi
    • By toshi 6th Feb 18, 8:08 PM
    • 171 Posts
    • 123 Thanks
    toshi
    Anybody with Iresa for gas? Have you had a "Customer own read" online meter read since 1st Dec 2017?
    Originally posted by grumpycrab
    Yes, mine was used on 27/1/2018

Gas meter Reading
    27 JAN 2018 Customer own read
    31 DEC 2017 Esitmated By Supplier
    30 NOV 2017 Esitmated By Supplier
    27 NOV 2017 Customer own read
    25 OCT 2017 Customer own read

(My 24 Dec 2017 reading was ignored)

It seems that Iresa attempted to integrated their billing with the end of the month statement? This isn't a bad idea, although it can be simpler. To me, the end of the month estimation billing would be reasonable, as long as they recorded customer reading.

It seems that Iresa's Gas reading input is a bit temperamental, however, I don't think we have to fuss about this too much as long as their estimation is reasonable and you intend to be an Iresa customer.

I used to have a meter reading difficulty with First Utility, - I needed to email my Gas reading every month, they could not make online registration of my Gas account in the end. I needed to wait for 60 min and cut off form First Utility customer service. Since I left First Utility, their support became much better lol. So my policy is minimum contact to the supplier.

So to me, the end of the monthly estimation is no problem, (and as long as my account is in credit, I will get a 3% credit with Government grantee ? lol)

System-wise, British Gas Android App was so user-friendly, the app let you adjust direct debit payment with your reading. However, Iresa still supplies the same Gas and Electricity to our home, so it is not a big deal. I am also considering to renew Iresa contract as well.
    • nickcc
    • By nickcc 6th Feb 18, 8:22 PM
    • 1,797 Posts
    • 797 Thanks
    nickcc
    Yes, mine was used on 27/1/2018

Gas meter Reading
    27 JAN 2018 Customer own read
    31 DEC 2017 Esitmated By Supplier
    30 NOV 2017 Esitmated By Supplier
    27 NOV 2017 Customer own read
    25 OCT 2017 Customer own read

(My 24 Dec 2017 reading was ignored)

It seems that Iresa attempted to integrated their billing with the end of the month statement? This isn't a bad idea, although it can be simpler. To me, the end of the month estimation billing would be reasonable, as long as they recorded customer reading.

It seems that Iresa's Gas reading input is a bit temperamental, however, I don't think we have to fuss about this too much as long as their estimation is reasonable and you intend to be an Iresa customer.

I used to have a meter reading difficulty with First Utility, - I needed to email my Gas reading every month, they could not make online registration of my Gas account in the end. I needed to wait for 60 min and cut off form First Utility customer service. Since I left First Utility, their support became much better lol. So my policy is minimum contact to the supplier.

So to me, the end of the monthly estimation is no problem, (and as long as my account is in credit, I will get a 3% credit with Government grantee ? lol)

System-wise, British Gas Android App was so user-friendly, the app let you adjust direct debit payment with your reading. However, Iresa still supplies the same Gas and Electricity to our home, so it is not a big deal. I am also considering to renew Iresa contract as well.
    Originally posted by toshi
    As a Money saving forum I can see no reason to renew with a supplier if you are paying more for your energy supply, which I'm sure will be the case when your fix with Iresa ends.
    • Lynn Price
    • By Lynn Price 7th Feb 18, 6:27 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lynn Price
    I joined in November 2017 and gave them the meter reading. As yet I have had no account set up and have after much pushing got them to account for,the fact they are taking over £100 a month from my bank. They still haven't set up my account to see how much I am spending each month. I am trying to get out of my agreement as item 15.3 in the contract suggests I may be able to without an exit fee. Trying to call them is difficult. I hung on 45 minutes and started at call no. 55! That tells it all I think.
    • miniemma
    • By miniemma 7th Feb 18, 10:44 AM
    • 429 Posts
    • 192 Thanks
    miniemma
    Iresa just blocked my move to OutFox.

Thankfully today is 8 weeks since I started asking them for a final gas bill after my move to Zog in early November so I've tagged on all the other issues to that case with the ombudsman.

Gas account in credit, Elec in debit but no bills yet this year.
    • nickcc
    • By nickcc 7th Feb 18, 11:05 AM
    • 1,797 Posts
    • 797 Thanks
    nickcc
    Iresa just blocked my move to OutFox.

Thankfully today is 8 weeks since I started asking them for a final gas bill after my move to Zog in early November so I've tagged on all the other issues to that case with the ombudsman.

Gas account in credit, Elec in debit but no bills yet this year.
    Originally posted by miniemma
    Looks they're frightened of loosing too many customers when their current fix ends. One way of keeping customers would have been to offer another fix then many customers wouldn't be looking to switch.
    • Merlin139
    • By Merlin139 7th Feb 18, 12:26 PM
    • 4,693 Posts
    • 19,111 Thanks
    Merlin139
    Another wasted hour trying to speak to Iresa Customer Service this morning so I have said enough is enough!

Have made a request to switch to OutFox the market on an 18 month fixed rate.

Some may say that I have jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire by going to another new supplier. Will wait and see. My only problem with Iresa is that you cannot contact anyone now!

Both Electricity and gas are in credit with Iresa so no reason for them not to let me leave. We shall see what happens. To be on the safe side will be logging everything that happens as and when it does.
    • toshi
    • By toshi 7th Feb 18, 4:54 PM
    • 171 Posts
    • 123 Thanks
    toshi
    As a Money saving forum I can see no reason to renew with a supplier if you are paying more for your energy supply, which I'm sure will be the case when your fix with Iresa ends.
    Originally posted by nickcc
    We are in very low usage. Solarplicity, OutFox would be better off a bit. So wait and see at the moment. I really feel terrible sorry as Iresa blocks moving out to other provider without obvious reason...
    I had difficulties get a final bill and credit from First Utility before, but they didn't delay any move... Hope everything will be sorted out soon.
    • philng
    • By philng 7th Feb 18, 5:30 PM
    • 593 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    philng
    Mums transfer from IRESA to AVRO objected to by IRESA.

Electric Account shows debit balance £1.66

Gas Account shows over £100 in Credit

Then on 7/2 IRESA have transferred the £1.66 from the GAS credit so why are they objecting?

E MAIL sent but what is best way to resolve this with IRESA?
    • donerkebab
    • By donerkebab 8th Feb 18, 2:14 PM
    • 163 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    donerkebab

Then on 7/2 IRESA have transferred the £1.66 from the GAS credit so why are they objecting?

Originally posted by philng
    Twitter complaint copied onto there ticketing system - threat to OFGEM and EA but may still need to wait until their grace period.
    In the words of Jerry Maguire "SHOW ME THE MONEY"
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 8th Feb 18, 2:25 PM
    • 5,593 Posts
    • 3,431 Thanks
    Hengus

Originally posted by philng
    Report the supplier to Ofgem for a breach of the regulations on debt: (in truth, unless the supplier has advised you in writing that a debt exists, then there is no debt as such. It is just a debit balance). Email:

consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk

From Ofgem's website:

Repaying a debt and switching

If you've been in debt to your supplier for less than 28 days you can still switch. Any owed amounts will be added to your final bill from your old supplier.

If you've been in debt to your supplier for over 28 days, you'll need to repay the debt first.

If it's your supplier's fault you're in debt, they can't stop you from switching.
    • Berwynview
    • By Berwynview 8th Feb 18, 4:54 PM
    • 270 Posts
    • 277 Thanks
    Berwynview
    Complain to Iresa. If you donít get any satisfaction then you can refer the complaint to The Energy Ombudsman. That might not help you get a quick fix, so you might have to try contacting them on the phone as well.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    Hengus - I complained to Iresa and also copied the complaint to Ofgem but decided to ring Iresa up as I wanted to be able to leave them ASAP. I rang Iresa today at about 3.00 pm and was only No. 44 in the queue - on hold for around 40 minutes and spoke to Sarah who was pleasant and helpful.

She arranged to take an immediate payment of the outstanding "debt" and to lift their objection to the switch so that we could leave Iresa. I did reiterate to her that it wasn't actually a debt but an account debit which would be cleared on our final bill but couldn't be bothered arguing it out as I just wanted to switch to another supplier.

I do hope that Outfox the Market are easier to deal with....!

Thanks to everyone for their help - I've gained some helpful advice from reading through this and other threads.
    • philng
    • By philng 8th Feb 18, 5:35 PM
    • 593 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    philng
    Surprisingly IRESA have responded to my e mail yesterday re £1.66 debit balance on Electric Account & switch objection.

They have transferred £1.76 (to take account 10p in credit) from Gas credit & advised we need to contact AVRO to reapply for switch.

I have contacted AVRO who were aware of objection & asked them to reapply-awaiting response.

What a crazy system that creates a mass of extra work for IRESA via additional needless customer contacts (phone & e mail).
    • Ray sheehan
    • By Ray sheehan 8th Feb 18, 6:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ray sheehan
    Ray Sheehan
    I've just had my switch blocked today aswell. Iresa are appalling.
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 8th Feb 18, 6:23 PM
    • 3,496 Posts
    • 1,572 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    Another "surprisingly" here to. My gas+electric switch away has been authorised today by update of an online ticket. Perhaps there are extra staff in this week?
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
    • darren72
    • By darren72 8th Feb 18, 7:58 PM
    • 1,154 Posts
    • 248 Thanks
    darren72
    Still awaiting a refund of my credit balance since October - No reply to tickets either
    • ProDave
    • By ProDave 8th Feb 18, 8:20 PM
    • 784 Posts
    • 852 Thanks
    ProDave
    How do you open a new ticket with iresa now? On the support page, I can view all previous support tickets, but there is no button to start a new issue.
    • darren72
    • By darren72 8th Feb 18, 8:23 PM
    • 1,154 Posts
    • 248 Thanks
    darren72
    How do you open a new ticket with iresa now? On the support page, I can view all previous support tickets, but there is no button to start a new issue.
    Originally posted by ProDave
    They have removed the option if you have another ticket that is open. You have to reply to an existing one.
    • hillcats
    • By hillcats 8th Feb 18, 8:32 PM
    • 837 Posts
    • 643 Thanks
    hillcats
    I moved to iresa just under a year ago, and the switch to them went ok with no issues as did the DD and billing, and my account currently sits in credit - However, my time is now up as I'm approaching the end of my fix and I've found a cheaper supplier.
    I have tonight started the switch out process. My only complaints would be that on both occasions I felt the need to talk to them I had to wait for over 1 hour and 10 mins on hold each time - not acceptable for me and I also found out that when your meter 'goes round the clock' then I was unable to input the new reading into the website as it continuously rejected the reading stating number is lower than previous reading.... 99500 then 00100 for example - this meant another call as emails ignored !!
    ORIGINAL MORTGAGE AMOUNT £106,454.00 (Start Sept 2007)
    DEC 2017 O/S AMOUNT £9,596.10 DEBT REDUCED BY £96,857.70 By Std Regular, Over-Payments & Off-Setting.

Bank of England + 0.19% Tracker Mortgage (IF OFFSET REPAYMENT) Discounted (Sept 2007-2010) then increased to Bank of England + 0.62% for remainder of mortgage term (2027)
    • ProDave
    • By ProDave 8th Feb 18, 8:35 PM
    • 784 Posts
    • 852 Thanks
    ProDave
    I moved to iresa just under a year ago, and the switch to them went ok with no issues as did the DD and billing, and my account currently sits in credit - However, my time is now up as I'm approaching the end of my fix and I've found a cheaper supplier.
    Originally posted by hillcats
    Please tell us who the cheaper supplier is.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,625Posts Today

8,751Users online

Martin's Twitter