Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    • 652Posts
    • 401Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa
    • 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa 11th Jun 16 at 9:59 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Iresa

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Page 76
    • molerat
    • By molerat 9th Jan 18, 8:40 PM
    • 18,811 Posts
    • 12,996 Thanks
    molerat
    December short bill now showing and November interest reduced by 13p.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 9th Jan 18, 10:11 PM
    • 4,885 Posts
    • 2,026 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Correct

That would explain the estimated readings. As the supplier bills to the end of the month, then they will estimate your reading to that date ... but your reading a few days before will help ensure the accuracy of that estimate.

Just like any other responsible supplier would act
    Originally posted by footyguy

Not really - all other suppliers I have been with , have used the reading actually supplied (and the date) to raise the bill - which IRESA did for the first 7 months - they are now raising one charge for the customer reading, estimating a "routine read" for the last day of the month and raising a second charge - seems a waste of time to me!
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 10th Jan 18, 1:01 PM
    • 4,885 Posts
    • 2,026 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Not really - all other suppliers I have been with , have used the reading actually supplied (and the date) to raise the bill - which IRESA did for the first 7 months - they are now raising one charge for the customer reading, estimating a "routine read" for the last day of the month and raising a second charge - seems a waste of time to me!
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    I was trying to work out why IRESA had introduced this extra step in the process - it will have given them a one off improvement in cash flow at the end of October (as this appears to be the first month that they have introduced the "routine read") by reducing customer credits by more than a month's worth of charges eg in my case the October bill covers 35 days -but that only applies the first time they do it.
    The bill for December has now appeared - the opening balance is higher than the closing balance on the latest November bill which appears to be down to errors in the calculation of the interest due.They seem to have given up on sending out "the bill is ready" type emails.

It is as if IRESA have employed a 16 year old on work experience and allowed him to use their database as a project for GCSE Computer studies
    • LCSmith
    • By LCSmith 10th Jan 18, 1:29 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    LCSmith
    Anyone? I'm on the brink of signing with these guys as as a low user, the low standing charge makes them a fair bit cheaper than any others. There are a handful of not so great reviews on another site, but we all know people are more likely to leave bad than good reviews! Anyone got any success stories?
    Originally posted by firsttimemover
    My first year's contract with this supplier is ending soon. Usage has been within their 'limits' which means I've always been in credit. The surprising bonus is the fact that they then pay interest on this credit!
    Something that I NEVER received with my many years using BG!
    I will have no hesitation renewing come my imminent renewal.
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 10th Jan 18, 2:00 PM
    • 3,570 Posts
    • 1,613 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    Billing cycle in progress. But it appears to be stuck, resulting in lot of emails being sent...
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 11th Jan 18, 1:12 PM
    • 780 Posts
    • 2,104 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    Pleased to say that our December Electricity Bill/Statement from Iresa was posted on-line, on time, this month and is correct.

They have also removed the incorrect bill from Oct/Nov and issued a new "correct" Bill.
    Last edited by ASavvyBuyer; 11-01-2018 at 1:13 PM. Reason: typo
    Rhondda Cynon Taf, 4kWp, W roof, 30 pitch, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers & REUK Diverter
    + Toshiba RAS-10G2KVP-E Ultra High Efficiency Air Conditioner/Heat Pump
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 11th Jan 18, 2:16 PM
    • 4,885 Posts
    • 2,026 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Billing cycle in progress. But it appears to be stuck, resulting in lot of emails being sent...
    Originally posted by grumpycrab
    Haven't had "your bill is ready" type email since September's bill !
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 11th Jan 18, 3:47 PM
    • 4,136 Posts
    • 1,671 Thanks
    footyguy
    Today I have the December bill. Looks good ... apart from the opening balance.

According to the Bill history page, my closng balance on 30 Nov was a reasonable credit, yet the opening balance on 01 Dec is a huge debit.

So checked the Oct & Nov combined bill again, and yes, they secretly change it on 02 Jan
    Completely fubar'd. They actually billed me for Oct & Nov more than I have ever used in total the whole period I've been with Iresa, partly because they have billed the whole period again (and not cancelled previous bills) and double billed for some too.

So for a bill that suggests it covers 61 days, they've charged me 100s of days standing charge too.

But I have copies of the previous bills downloaded (as well as some screen dumps of obvious errors), so hopefully they'll sort this all out ... eventually.

Now waiting for the crazy amendment they will suggset to my monthly DD due to my account supposedly being in huge debit.

(Fortunately, I have a great spreadsheet that tells me what I should be billed and what my balance should be, ignoring the interest they will owe me too.)
    So I called Iresa today at about 3pm to try and sort this out.

Having read suggested other posts suggesting wait lists of as many as 90 people waiting, I was ready for a long wait.

I was number 2 in the waitllist, resulting in a waiting time I estmate of about 2 minutes.

Whilst I would say I did not have full confidence in the person who answered the call (they admitted they were new), eventually I managed to describe the issue to them, and they verbally apologised and said they would re-bill.
    It did take about 20 minutes to get the person to understand the issue.
    However, they have now promised an email before the end of today that describes what they will be doing, and the estimated timing for them completing the tasks they will set themselves.

We'll see...watch this space
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 11th Jan 18, 4:15 PM
    • 4,136 Posts
    • 1,671 Thanks
    footyguy
    ^^^
    Email received

Unfortunately it does not include a timeframe for resolution, but they now seem to be on the case. The email is also on the support centre, and it ties to earlier emails I have sent, so they know the clock is ticking to get this resolved...

Claimed they had already previously escalated the matter, but why didn't they say so earlier if that were the case? No mention in the phone call the matter had been escalated. In fact, seemed surprised when I said I had previously emailed them about it.

Oh well, they now can't claim to have not got the initial emails from me, have now admitted the error, and say they are working on the solution (a revised bill). Watch this space for further developments
    • martyp
    • By martyp 12th Jan 18, 9:05 PM
    • 730 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    martyp
    One positive point for them, they have sent me an e-mail today giving me notice that my tariff ends on 1st March if I wanted to switch supplier (a potential nightmare according to some comments on here). I think that's 42-49 days notice, the Flex5 fixed tariff is now my 2nd cheapest after Outfox the Market. Still, the communication is more clearer than that received from British Gas when I was with them this time last year where it implied there would be charges...
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 13th Jan 18, 9:15 AM
    • 4,885 Posts
    • 2,026 Thanks
    brewerdave
    One positive point for them, they have sent me an e-mail today giving me notice that my tariff ends on 1st March if I wanted to switch supplier (a potential nightmare according to some comments on here). I think that's 42-49 days notice, the Flex5 fixed tariff is now my 2nd cheapest after Outfox the Market. Still, the communication is more clearer than that received from British Gas when I was with them this time last year where it implied there would be charges...
    Originally posted by martyp
    Same here ...my deal ends 3rd March...as I'm trying to reduce our leccy usage , the savings with Outfox the Market would be relatively little so may as well stick with the Devil I know
    Also, the tariff with Outfox the Market is variable ,so a bad Winter could see the 30 savings vanish in a puff of power station steam!!
    Last edited by brewerdave; 13-01-2018 at 9:28 AM.
    • martyp
    • By martyp 13th Jan 18, 4:15 PM
    • 730 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    martyp
    I agree, the variable thing with Outfox the Market is my main concern. Better the devil you know I agree with as I think Iresa has been good for me so far and hiccups are fair enough for a small new company with a low number of staff. I accept the fiddling around with bills etc. As they did acknowledge there was an issue and things seem to be sorted and the interest is being paid every month (about 45p on my 112 or so balance). I think the main issues surround contacting them and leaving them so keeping with them if everything is going OK seems to be ok at the moment.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 15th Jan 18, 9:05 AM
    • 4,136 Posts
    • 1,671 Thanks
    footyguy
    Now waiting for the crazy amendment they will suggset to my monthly DD due to my account supposedly being in huge debit....
    Arrived

So I called Iresa today at about 3pm to try and sort this out.

Having read suggested other posts suggesting wait lists of as many as 90 people waiting, I was ready for a long wait.

I was number 2 in the waitllist, resulting in a waiting time I estmate of about 2 minutes.

Looks like I may have got lucky on Thursday.

Called them this morning at about 8.30am and was over 50 in the waiting list
    But the waitlist is reducing by about 1 per minute. Now into the teens
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 15th Jan 18, 10:48 AM
    • 4,136 Posts
    • 1,671 Thanks
    footyguy
    So just off the phone to Iresa...

Took about an hour to get through the 50+ waitlist, and was then on the phone to them for another hour (sorry, anyone behind me in the waitlist)

Snotty emails changing my monthly direct debit have now been reversed. Also a promise that a one-off payment is no longer needed.(Still waiting for written confirmation of that)

But they have done this by digging the hole even deeper, and applying quick fixes to the account.

From what I can tell. they have deleted the erroneous charges based on a revised Oct/Nov bill on the transaction page, and replaced them with the erroneous charges on the initial Oct/Nov bill (erroneous because it does not include charges for Nov), and now added the December charges.

So now the account is back in credit again, at least on the front page.

The bill history page says something completely different, and none of the bills have been changed.

It was suggested the bills will not change again until this month's billing cycle. I don't see why, they've changed them mid cycle before.

Now I'm arguing over the missing interst they owe me, and they say they need a week to calculate that .

Well, I've tried to help them, but the phone jockey's don't have a clue, and the people behind the scenes making all the decisions are too scared to come to the phone and explain them.
    • macman
    • By macman 15th Jan 18, 11:20 AM
    • 41,920 Posts
    • 17,396 Thanks
    macman
    I recontracted to another year (from Flex 4 to Flex 5) a week ago. Prior to that I'd finally got my 300 account credit reduced to about 100 by a one-off refund, a process that took just under 8 weeks. My billing is up to date and correct to year end 2017. So I thought I'd finally got Iresa sorted.
    Lo and behold, on Saturday I got an email informing me that that my DD was being increased from 75 to 91 due to 'increased consumption' (I'm actually using less than a year ago, following a new boiler install). The tariff increase is about 5%, so how this justifies a DD hike of 20% is beyond me.
    So now I'll be starting the whole complaint cycle again....
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 15th Jan 18, 11:30 AM
    • 4,136 Posts
    • 1,671 Thanks
    footyguy
    I recontracted to another year (from Flex 4 to Flex 5) a week ago. Prior to that I'd finally got my 300 account credit reduced to about 100 by a one-off refund, a process that took just under 8 weeks. My billing is up to date and correct to year end 2017. So I thought I'd finally got Iresa sorted.
    Lo and behold, on Saturday I got an email informing me that that my DD was being increased from 75 to 91 due to 'increased consumption' (I'm actually using less than a year ago, following a new boiler install). The tariff increase is about 5%, so how this justifies a DD hike of 20% is beyond me.
    So now I'll be starting the whole complaint cycle again....
    Originally posted by macman
    Currently, I think its best to give them a call. Not only can they revert the DD amount there and then (you can see it on the online account) but they don't seem to be responding to any form of written complaint ... even when it's written by one off their own.

So call, and make sure you get the action you need whilst on the phone.

If you don't call, then chances are any written message won't be actioned before the third party DD collector acts (if the message is actioned at all)

In my case, they have now added a comment to my support log saying that the current balance as shown on the first page is absolutely correct for all consumption according to the meter reading I gave on 31 Dec

A shame it isn't, but if that is what they want to declare, then I'm prepared to forego interest they owe me for the consumption they have have not billed. I'll let them find the error, but it's glaringly obvious if they look at the transactions page (a copy of which I have downloaded today)
    Last edited by footyguy; 15-01-2018 at 11:32 AM.
    • By 219169 15th Jan 18, 1:01 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    IRESA - WARNING!!!
    Hello everyone,
    I never wrote on any forum before but to help others I will advise all to not switch to IRESA.
    I have been with them for 1 year and it was not a good experience at all. Expect following:
    • long waiting time on calls (1hr+)
    • no reply on emails
    • will play with your bills
    • will not allow you to switch easily
    • fraud in your credit
    • no communication
    • one of payment email
    • rubbish customer service
    • not easy to get overpayments
    So be careful. The new supplier can not help you and other firms would ask you to deal with them personally.
    Tc
    • Flt. Lt. Biggles
    • By Flt. Lt. Biggles 15th Jan 18, 1:27 PM
    • 75 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Flt. Lt. Biggles
    ...The new supplier can not help you and other firms would ask you to deal with them personally.
    Tc
    Originally posted by 219169
    Welcome to MSE, but I fear your ire is directed in entirely the wrong direction.

As I understand it, if you switch supplier, it is the full responsibilty of that new supplier to manage the switch. If you have experienced any issues here, it is therefore the error of the new supplier you have appointed and not Iresa who you are leaving.

Contact your newly appointed supplier, and follow their complaint procedure if necessary.
    • pm12345
    • By pm12345 15th Jan 18, 3:12 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pm12345
    Set up low direct debit on purpose!
    Be careful of this supplier.
    I gave them my expected usage when I started my contract with them a year ago and they set up a fixed direct debit. Now, a year later I have discovered that the direct debit has never been enough and they are about to take a huge sum from me at the end of this month. They should have set up a higher direct debit in the beginning!
    When I spoke to customer services this morning, they confirmed my usage (which is still the same as expected) and the monthly cost of it. They informed me of an increase in my direct debit, but the new direct debit is still not enough, so if I don't do anything about it I will have another huge bill in a year's time.

I think they charge a small monthly amount just to get customers to sign up and then slap them with a huge bill. This is not fair!
    I'm not a happy customer!
    • Farway
    • By Farway 15th Jan 18, 3:26 PM
    • 6,246 Posts
    • 9,972 Thanks
    Farway
    Be careful of this supplier.
    I gave them my expected usage when I started my contract with them a year ago and they set up a fixed direct debit. Now, a year later I have discovered that the direct debit has never been enough and they are about to take a huge sum from me at the end of this month. They should have set up a higher direct debit in the beginning!
    When I spoke to customer services this morning, they confirmed my usage (which is still the same as expected) and the monthly cost of it. They informed me of an increase in my direct debit, but the new direct debit is still not enough, so if I don't do anything about it I will have another huge bill in a year's time.

I think they charge a small monthly amount just to get customers to sign up and then slap them with a huge bill. This is not fair!
    I'm not a happy customer!
    Originally posted by pm12345
    Your experience does not mirror mine
    I gave them my real annual usage, in KW, the monthly DD was as I had already worked out, and so far, 11 months in, it has remained static and covers my use as I anticipated, and my account is in credit of one months DD as expected

I take and submit monthly readings and monitor the monthly bills, are you not doing the same?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,300Posts Today

7,358Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin