Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    • 654Posts
    • 403Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa
    • 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa 11th Jun 16 at 9:59 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Iresa

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Page 115
    • WhoIsThat
    • By WhoIsThat 2nd Jul 18, 10:27 PM
    • 113 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    WhoIsThat
    No, just changed suppliers. The account is still visible on the Iresa website, but still shows in credit as they have not used the final reading to produce a final bill. I check every couple of weeks to see if there is an update and if they want payment.

They have confirmed they received the final reading and that they are no longer our supplier, but just seem incapable of producing final bills in a timely manner.
    Originally posted by ASavvyBuyer
    I had the same, moved end of Feb, DD cancelled & I sat tight, only owed under them 30 anyway. Final bill did eventually pop up, on line, my balance covered it and left me 20 change

I've not bothered chasing the 20 yet, but will do so one day
    Originally posted by Farway
    So why all these posts that suggested Iresa block anyone from switching who is in debit (and I think some even suggest zero is considered a debit by Iresa) ?

Why is Ofgem getting so irate about Iresa blocking people? Are they just reading this thread and think it's all true?
    (We know MSE does )
    • gadgetmind
    • By gadgetmind 3rd Jul 18, 8:06 AM
    • 10,820 Posts
    • 8,716 Thanks
    gadgetmind
    I thought a transfer couldn't be blocked for any debt of less than 500.
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
    • Stratus
    • By Stratus 4th Jul 18, 9:34 AM
    • 94 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    Stratus
    Renewed my contract for another year
    Just renewed my contract with Iresa. My experiences have been entirely positive and I have no grounds to look elsewhere.

I have never contacted customer services because everything has been straightforward. I have had no issues with bills or direct debits.

I am sent an email reminder each month to submit meter readings and a bill is generated a couple of weeks later.

The website account page is quite comprehensive with the information it carries. There is certainly more data available there than that offered by some other small providers.

The only slight niggle might have been early on in the contract with some of their over optimistic estimates between meter reads and end of month billing but recently these have been much more proportionate to the consumption in the previous periods so this is no longer an issue.

My account is usually in credit by about 20 - 30 after each monthly bill. This is the smallest credit balance I have had held by any energy supplier when on an annual direct debit contract.

Clearly some people have had issues as illustrated on this forum but for the sake of balance I just wanted to post that I am someone who has had only positive experiences with Iresa.

It probably helps that I have long term historical data that allows me to accurately estimate my consumption and this stays pretty steady throughout the year.

From my perspective I hope they continue in the market and are allowed to grow as no one else comes close on price.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 4th Jul 18, 10:51 AM
    • 18,934 Posts
    • 13,118 Thanks
    molerat
    What prices have you renewed at compared to the old rates ?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • Stratus
    • By Stratus 4th Jul 18, 1:31 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    Stratus
    What prices have you renewed at compared to the old rates ?
    Unit prices are up 5.8% from 11.0p to 11.64p
    Standing charge remains the same at 13.43p per day
    • itchyfeet123
    • By itchyfeet123 4th Jul 18, 3:10 PM
    • 434 Posts
    • 482 Thanks
    itchyfeet123
    I just had an email from the Ombudsman. In one (of many) complaints, the investigator found Iresa had several customer service failures and ordered a payment in line with Iresa's own service standards plus a goodwill gesture. In his findings, the investigator noted Iresa had failed to submit documentation. Now, two weeks after the investigator released findings and issued a proposal, Iresa is challenging the investigation.

I am almost annoyed enough with these clowns to switch. I'm hesitant because I have a substantial credit (they haven't managed a single bill in more than a year) and I note the recent posts saying current customer credit is protected in the event of insolvency but leavers awaiting refunds are not.
    • geoffW
    • By geoffW 13th Jul 18, 10:08 PM
    • 163 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    geoffW
    Just renewed my contract with Iresa. My experiences have been entirely positive and I have no grounds to look elsewhere.

I have never contacted customer services because everything has been straightforward. I have had no issues with bills or direct debits.

I am sent an email reminder each month to submit meter readings and a bill is generated a couple of weeks later.

The website account page is quite comprehensive with the information it carries. There is certainly more data available there than that offered by some other small providers.

The only slight niggle might have been early on in the contract with some of their over optimistic estimates between meter reads and end of month billing but recently these have been much more proportionate to the consumption in the previous periods so this is no longer an issue.

My account is usually in credit by about 20 - 30 after each monthly bill. This is the smallest credit balance I have had held by any energy supplier when on an annual direct debit contract.

Clearly some people have had issues as illustrated on this forum but for the sake of balance I just wanted to post that I am someone who has had only positive experiences with Iresa.

It probably helps that I have long term historical data that allows me to accurately estimate my consumption and this stays pretty steady throughout the year.

From my perspective I hope they continue in the market and are allowed to grow as no one else comes close on price.
    Originally posted by Stratus
    Just renewed my contract, checked Cheap Energy Club and only one company cheaper by 12 pa.
    I haven't had to get in touch with them at all, in fact one of the best companies I've been with and I've been with many. If they do go bust it would be a shame but I can live with that as I was with GB Energy when they crashed and that went OK.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

157Posts Today

1,468Users online

Martin's Twitter