Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    • 654Posts
    • 404Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa
    • 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa 11th Jun 16 at 9:59 AM
    MoneySavingExpert.com Insert 27 July 2018:

Iresa has ceased trading. Read our news story for what to do if you're affected:

Energy firm Iresa ceases trading - here's what it means for customers

Back to the original post...

---

This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Iresa

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 27-07-2018 at 11:45 AM.
Page 108
    • Farway
    • By Farway 16th Apr 18, 3:09 PM
    • 6,477 Posts
    • 10,733 Thanks
    Farway
    Still awaiting my final, electric only, verified reading /and bill to appear. Left 23rd March

Being better safe than sorry I cancelled my DD today, I'm in credit with enough in there to pay final bill once Iresa sort it out
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 16th Apr 18, 5:43 PM
    • 5,100 Posts
    • 2,244 Thanks
    brewerdave
    What are they estimating to two decimal places? I would have thought that it will not matter for usage provided the same meter reading is used for the end of the last billing period, and the start of the new one.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    The estimated leccy kwh reading eg 17579.83 - no, it doesn't matter for months on the same tariff but it makes a small difference of a few pence on a changeover of tariffs - no biggie ,but having never had that happen before I was wondering whether it was a breach of the conditions to use fractions of a kwh in the calculations when their own website instructs one to only report readings in whole numbers?
    • Jean Booth
    • By Jean Booth 17th Apr 18, 4:44 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jean Booth
    Hopeless customer service
    We switched supplier from IRESA to AVRO on 9th Feb 2018. We are still waiting for final bills from IRESA. We have a credit balance on our accounts & want the money refunded. When I rang IRESA 6 days ago I was told I could send in evidence of the final readings, which apparently hadn't been received from AVRO. I took screenshots of our opening accounts with AVRO & emailed the evidence through. Today I receive 4 emails from IRESA telling me that accounts have been prepared. Was optimistic. However, when I checked online nothing had been dome at all! I was not happy & asked why nothing had been done. Was told by Lee that they have to receive the meter reading evidence from AVRO. If so, why wasn't I told this last week! Lee was very unhelpful & obstructive. Would not allow me to speak to his supervisor called Bintou. Was told I couldn't be supplied with any full names for a complaint! Very frustrating. Have now had to contact AVRO to ask them to act asap. My advice would be to avoid IRESA.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 17th Apr 18, 5:39 PM
    • 6,141 Posts
    • 3,930 Thanks
    Hengus
    We switched supplier from IRESA to AVRO on 9th Feb 2018. We are still waiting for final bills from IRESA. We have a credit balance on our accounts & want the money refunded. When I rang IRESA 6 days ago I was told I could send in evidence of the final readings, which apparently hadn't been received from AVRO. I took screenshots of our opening accounts with AVRO & emailed the evidence through. Today I receive 4 emails from IRESA telling me that accounts have been prepared. Was optimistic. However, when I checked online nothing had been dome at all! I was not happy & asked why nothing had been done. Was told by Lee that they have to receive the meter reading evidence from AVRO. If so, why wasn't I told this last week! Lee was very unhelpful & obstructive. Would not allow me to speak to his supervisor called Bintou. Was told I couldn't be supplied with any full names for a complaint! Very frustrating. Have now had to contact AVRO to ask them to act asap. My advice would be to avoid IRESA.
    Originally posted by Jean Booth
    The gaining supplier is responsible for getting your meter readings validated. Once validated, the meter readings are passed back to both suppliers to open and close your account. The losing supplier can not accept meter readings from the customer on a switch of supply. The losing supplier has 6 weeks to raise a Final Bill from the date on which the supply was transferred. Where are you in the process regarding timescales? If more than 6 weeks has elapsed then send a written formal complaint to Iresa.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 18th Apr 18, 9:18 AM
    • 5,100 Posts
    • 2,244 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Anyone had a bill for March yet ??
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 18th Apr 18, 2:24 PM
    • 1,992 Posts
    • 232 Thanks
    katies mum
    My meter readings are showing for 31st March but no bill as of yet.
    • Farway
    • By Farway 18th Apr 18, 2:30 PM
    • 6,477 Posts
    • 10,733 Thanks
    Farway
    Not yet, still waiting final bill
    • A.Penny.Saved
    • By A.Penny.Saved 19th Apr 18, 5:19 AM
    • 1,665 Posts
    • 872 Thanks
    A.Penny.Saved
    I would like some advice regarding the Iresa Direct Debit when switching FROM Iresa to another supplier and getting a refund when in credit.

I am around 100 in credit with Iresa ATM and they are about to Direct Debit, probably on Monday, for another month despite me switching away from them close to a week ago. I have received the email about the DD collection by them.

I have contacted them via their online messaging and they failed TWICE to answer my request to lower the DD to a minimum, preferably zero if that is possible. Is it? Does anyone know whether a DD can be zero and still maintain an open DD?

The only other option that I can think of is to stop the DD which will cause some problems with Iresa refunding me the money they owe.

Therefore what is the best idea or thing to do for this?
    • nigelbb
    • By nigelbb 19th Apr 18, 7:28 AM
    • 2,025 Posts
    • 2,818 Thanks
    nigelbb
    I would like some advice regarding the Iresa Direct Debit when switching FROM Iresa to another supplier and getting a refund when in credit.

I am around 100 in credit with Iresa ATM and they are about to Direct Debit, probably on Monday, for another month despite me switching away from them close to a week ago. I have received the email about the DD collection by them.

I have contacted them via their online messaging and they failed TWICE to answer my request to lower the DD to a minimum, preferably zero if that is possible. Is it? Does anyone know whether a DD can be zero and still maintain an open DD?

The only other option that I can think of is to stop the DD which will cause some problems with Iresa refunding me the money they owe.

Therefore what is the best idea or thing to do for this?
    Originally posted by A.Penny.Saved
    Cancel the direct debit without any question. The DD is a payment in advance to Iresa for fuel you will use in the coming month. As you are no longer a customer no payment is due but that will not stop them taking money from you. If you don't stop the DD & they do take money your bank should refund you immediately under the DD guarantee but much easier to just cancel.
    • beardiedog
    • By beardiedog 19th Apr 18, 8:23 AM
    • 569 Posts
    • 217 Thanks
    beardiedog
    Anyone had a bill for March yet ??
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    Got notification of mine this morning.
    • A.Penny.Saved
    • By A.Penny.Saved 19th Apr 18, 9:45 AM
    • 1,665 Posts
    • 872 Thanks
    A.Penny.Saved
    Cancel the direct debit without any question. The DD is a payment in advance to Iresa for fuel you will use in the coming month. As you are no longer a customer no payment is due but that will not stop them taking money from you. If you don't stop the DD & they do take money your bank should refund you immediately under the DD guarantee but much easier to just cancel.
    Originally posted by nigelbb
    How will they refund me if the DD is closed?

Seeing as they have not bothered to reply to my last message about reducing it to zero or 1 and failed to do the same in the previous message then cancelling seems the only option. I am not running up any MORE credit with them.

BTW1 FAYI
    The online contact with Iresa has a Switching supply in the drop down menu to select from what I can remember. I tried that and it refused to submit the ticket, clicking the submit button and okay threw up another box, which I cannot remember now, preventing it's submittal. That says a lot......

BTW2

I have not received any bill emails from them since february until earlier this month which was after a late meter entry. The account has been updating but no emails.
    Last edited by A.Penny.Saved; 19-04-2018 at 9:54 AM. Reason: BTW1 and BTW2
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 19th Apr 18, 10:09 AM
    • 1,005 Posts
    • 778 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    A direct debit is only used to COLLECT money from your account.
    https://www.directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitExplained/pages/whatisdirectdebit.aspx
    authorises the organisation you want to pay to collect varying amounts from your account

When they pay you, they just use the bank account details they have stored (or else how could they collect via a Direct Debit) and use BACS to pay into your account. Or spend out a cheque.
    • Boxman
    • By Boxman 19th Apr 18, 10:54 AM
    • 129 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    Boxman
    How will they refund me if the DD is closed?
    Originally posted by A.Penny.Saved

When I changed to another supplier I closed my dd mandate when they tried to take further payments from me despite being well in credit.

After 24 weeks (following intervention by the Ombudsman) they finally sent the outstanding credit directly back to my bank account.
    Last edited by Boxman; 19-04-2018 at 10:57 AM.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 19th Apr 18, 11:01 AM
    • 5,100 Posts
    • 2,244 Thanks
    brewerdave
    A direct debit is only used to COLLECT money from your account.
    https://www.directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitExplained/pages/whatisdirectdebit.aspx

When they pay you, they just use the bank account details they have stored (or else how could they collect via a Direct Debit) and use BACS to pay into your account. Or spend out a cheque.
    Originally posted by gsmlnx
    Unfortunately quite a few organisations tell you that cancellation of a DD causes them to "lose" your banking details. Has certainly happened to me when dealing with Telecom Company ,who said that I had to set up a DD for them to refund me!!
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 19th Apr 18, 4:25 PM
    • 1,005 Posts
    • 778 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    @brewerdave
    Incompetent organisations is all I'll say.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 19th Apr 18, 5:19 PM
    • 5,100 Posts
    • 2,244 Thanks
    brewerdave
    @brewerdave
    Incompetent organisations is all I'll say.
    Originally posted by gsmlnx
    ....absolutely correct.....but since they owed ~ 90 I reluctantly allowed them to set up the new DD ....THEN WATCHED THEM LIKE A HAWK UNTIL HE MONEY WAS BACK IN MY ACCOUNT!!
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 20th Apr 18, 9:40 AM
    • 5,100 Posts
    • 2,244 Thanks
    brewerdave
    IRESA have produced a bill (no email notification tho'); agrees with the Account Charges page and my spreadsheet to the p.
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 20th Apr 18, 9:53 AM
    • 780 Posts
    • 456 Thanks
    Raxiel
    When I left Iresa I cancelled the DD (I was able to get hold of someone in their call centre and tell them in advance but I didn't feel obliged to).

After several weeks of delay, and an official complaint, they raised the final bill. I actually filled out a new DD mandate because I thought they would need it to process the refund, but they never used it, they just paid the refund via multiple bank transfers.
    • Blackdog
    • By Blackdog 28th Apr 18, 9:21 AM
    • 448 Posts
    • 305 Thanks
    Blackdog
    Finally I have now had a final bill and refund of my credit from Iresa. I moved away from them mid Feb and submitted a formal complaint mid March as they had taken the February direct debit despite me asking them not to as I had switched away and was in credit. They have never responded to my formal complaint. I called them once and although I got down to number 2 in the queue they never answered. I tried again about a week later and was answered within half an hour and they closed my account and sorted the refund of the balance quickly, apart from refunding me 1p less than I was due I was happy with that. Clearly the only way to get their attention these days is by phone, support tickets or complaint emails are still not being answered in my experience.
    • nickcc
    • By nickcc 28th Apr 18, 9:26 AM
    • 1,812 Posts
    • 805 Thanks
    nickcc
    Had my support ticket answered in about two weeks, advised me my account passed on to one of their team, still waiting for refund three weeks later.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,576Posts Today

7,281Users online

Martin's Twitter