Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    • 652Posts
    • 401Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa
    • 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa 11th Jun 16 at 9:59 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Iresa

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Page 107
    • MrSevy
    • By MrSevy 9th Apr 18, 12:07 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MrSevy
    TerriblE!
    I have not received a single response on any emails that I have sent to them (one of these is emails is unresponded for 8 months, they say they respond within 5 days.....). When I call up the number on the website (which isn't listed as a customer service line) I either get a voicemail recording or I am number 25 in the list to be spoken to.

I am trying to close my account as I have tenants moving into my flat and I can't get hold of anyone to do the transfer...... Terrible...
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 9th Apr 18, 1:47 PM
    • 5,609 Posts
    • 3,434 Thanks
    Hengus
    I have not received a single response on any emails that I have sent to them (one of these is emails is unresponded for 8 months, they say they respond within 5 days.....). When I call up the number on the website (which isn't listed as a customer service line) I either get a voicemail recording or I am number 25 in the list to be spoken to.

I am trying to close my account as I have tenants moving into my flat and I can't get hold of anyone to do the transfer...... Terrible...
    Originally posted by MrSevy
    Contact Citizens Advice. Apparently, its Extra Help Unit has a direct link to Iresa.
    • quiet advisor
    • By quiet advisor 9th Apr 18, 1:58 PM
    • 116 Posts
    • 489 Thanks
    quiet advisor

Originally posted by MrSevy

The provisional order issued by Ofgem requires Iresa to clear long outstanding e-mails by 30 April and deal with more recent mail in 10 working days - the order is here : https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/system/files/docs/2018/03/iresa_provisional_order_27_march_2018.pdf

It also requires Iresa to have a telephone call back facility in place by now - this has not happened either of course.

I suggest as well as contacting CitAdvice send a copy of all outstanding mail to Ofgem at consumeraffairs.gov.uk

I too have left Iresa and can't get a final bill and refund out of them.

QA
    • Grah
    • By Grah 9th Apr 18, 2:02 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Grah
    IRESA Problems - still!
    Hi all

I cannot post all that has happened to me via Iresa. All the same as you guys upped my DD by 90% took payments out without discussing etc etc. I have tried contacting them as they have blocked my move - I didn't know they could do that, they will not put me on a standard contract but I don't want to be with them. I was up to date with payments but because they won't let me leave, more money is building up again, please help or advice me what to do. I am really at the end of my tether. Thank you
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 9th Apr 18, 2:13 PM
    • 5,609 Posts
    • 3,434 Thanks
    Hengus
    Hi all

I cannot post all that has happened to me via Iresa. All the same as you guys upped my DD by 90% took payments out without discussing etc etc. I have tried contacting them as they have blocked my move - I didn't know they could do that, they will not put me on a standard contract but I don't want to be with them. I was up to date with payments but because they won't let me leave, more money is building up again, please help or advice me what to do. I am really at the end of my tether. Thank you
    Originally posted by Grah
    See above. Contact Citizens Advice and ask for the matter to be referred to the Extra Help Unit.
    • philng
    • By philng 9th Apr 18, 5:19 PM
    • 595 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    philng
    Transferred away to AVRO 5/3/18 phoned IRESA today was number 15 in queue but didn't have to wait long & spoke to a pleasant girl.

Queried why no final bill yet or refund of credit balance. She said she would finalise bill & arrange refund. Within minutes I received an e mail confirming both Gas & Electric refunds which I had already calculated and these were correct.

Quite painless surprisingly.
    • zolablue25
    • By zolablue25 10th Apr 18, 10:51 AM
    • 1,582 Posts
    • 462 Thanks
    zolablue25
    Transferred away to AVRO 5/3/18 phoned IRESA today was number 15 in queue but didn't have to wait long & spoke to a pleasant girl.

Queried why no final bill yet or refund of credit balance. She said she would finalise bill & arrange refund. Within minutes I received an e mail confirming both Gas & Electric refunds which I had already calculated and these were correct.

Originally posted by philng
    I have also recently (30/03/18) transferred away as my contract was up and I'm at the end of my tether with them. I'm now with Affect who actually respond to email - wow! What a pleasant change.

I am owed 200+ by Iresa and its good to hear that you actually managed to get them to sort your final bill out. Hopefully they will sort mine out without too much trouble too (although, I'm not holding my breath)
    • philng
    • By philng 10th Apr 18, 12:28 PM
    • 595 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    philng
    As a follow on credit already received back to account following call yesterday.

Used freephone number so dont be put off if queue is lengthy.
    • PaschalFun
    • By PaschalFun 10th Apr 18, 12:40 PM
    • 178 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    PaschalFun
    Seriously??!!
    Originally posted by miniemma
    Yes, seriously
    • Vendee
    • By Vendee 10th Apr 18, 2:34 PM
    • 161 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Vendee
    (Also posted in another thread.... apols)

In February, with the worst of the winter over, I noticed that my credit balance was approaching 100. I contacted them to ask for a partial refund and a reduction in my direct debit. They didn't reply so I contacted them again and said I would be cancelling my direct debit if they didn't act. Again no reply so I cancelled my direct debit and initiated a switch to a new electricity supplier. I have enough credit balance to take me up to the switch date but I reckon I will have trouble getting them to refund any remaining credit.

Last week I noticed that they haven't billed me or issued a statement for March. I phoned them (long wait) and they said that the delay is down to the Easter bank holiday but here we are on 10th April and still no statement for March. I'm sure they are up to no good because they know I'm leaving them. They are a complete bunch of crooks.
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 10th Apr 18, 2:46 PM
    • 3,497 Posts
    • 1,575 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    and initiated a switch to a new electricity supplier.
    Originally posted by Vendee
    Have you switched yet? Don'y worry about credit refund (yet); confirm you HAVE switched AND confirm the electric meter read with your NEW supplier.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
    • Vendee
    • By Vendee 10th Apr 18, 6:05 PM
    • 161 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Vendee
    Have you switched yet? Don'y worry about credit refund (yet); confirm you HAVE switched AND confirm the electric meter read with your NEW supplier.
    Originally posted by grumpycrab
    New supplier has confirmed switch will take place on 17th April as requested.
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 10th Apr 18, 6:22 PM
    • 3,497 Posts
    • 1,575 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    New supplier has confirmed switch will take place on 17th April as requested.
    Originally posted by Vendee
    No panic then. Give them your meter reading on the 17th (take a pic too!); they're responsible for ensuring that the reading gets to Iresa (via "validator") but you could open an (or add to any existing) Iresa support ticket. You've already cancelled your DD so nothing to do there. Put a 6 week mark in diary to chase Iresa for any remaining credit, ensuring that the transfer goes through with your new supplier...
    Last edited by grumpycrab; 10-04-2018 at 6:25 PM.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 10th Apr 18, 6:26 PM
    • 5,609 Posts
    • 3,434 Thanks
    Hengus
    No panic then. Give them your meter reading on the 17th (take a pic too!); they're responsible for ensuring that the reading gets to Iresa (via "validator") but you could open an (or add to any existing) Iresa support ticket and update them. You've already cancelled your DD so nothing to do there. Put a 6 week mark in diary to chase Iresa for any remaining credit, ensuring that the transfer goes through with your new supplier...
    Originally posted by grumpycrab
    Excellent advice, but ........ Switch to/from most suppliers and there is nothing to do but to apply; provide meter readings; read the odd e-mail; wait about 3 weeks for a Final Bill and check your bank account about a week later.
    • Gambler
    • By Gambler 12th Apr 18, 10:36 AM
    • 3,172 Posts
    • 350 Thanks
    Gambler

Originally posted by philng
    Transferred to Avro 11/02/18.

Finally managed to get a final bill on 03/04/18 with the promise of a refund for 220 within 7 days.

No refund and no response to support tickets.

Will try calling as you suggest.
    • Woofwoof
    • By Woofwoof 12th Apr 18, 5:07 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Woofwoof
    Get away as soon as you can! I have been in credit all year of the contract and now I am transferring away they say I owe 2k! The new supplier must have sent them a phantom reading (4x what it actually is). I got compensation from the Ombudsman for previous poor service, I'll need a lot more for this mess.
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 12th Apr 18, 5:22 PM
    • 3,497 Posts
    • 1,575 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    The new supplier must have sent them a phantom reading (4x what it actually is).
    Originally posted by Woofwoof
    The new supplier would have sent them what the readings validator came up with and what is listed on your new supplier's account as your start readings. Do the readings that you provided the new supplier with match with what's on your new account?
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 13th Apr 18, 10:02 AM
    • 4,786 Posts
    • 1,989 Thanks
    brewerdave
    My leccy only account with IRESA seems to have gone into stasis; nothing has been altered/added to since my meter reading on 31st March. Wonder if the March bill will be produced or have all the staff been switched to answering the phones ??
    • itchyfeet123
    • By itchyfeet123 13th Apr 18, 10:24 AM
    • 428 Posts
    • 482 Thanks
    itchyfeet123
    Iresa finally issued me a Feb bill and appears to have redone all my previous bills. All my bills to December were previously based on estimates because Iresa wouldn't accept my readings because they were lower than the start readings, which they stuffed up. But I have several validated readings in Jan and Feb. Still, the bills say there was no valid reading available.

The size of my credit shot up when they did this. But I decided to actually calculate my total usage and total payments and the credit is about a third of what Iresa thinks it is today. Or half of what they thought it was yesterday when they had -- I thought -- been using the readings they recorded on the website. Moral of the story: even if Iresa accepts your readings and appears to do some calculation based on those readings, their calculation of your net position is probably still wrong.
    • rusty frog
    • By rusty frog 13th Apr 18, 2:33 PM
    • 139 Posts
    • 333 Thanks
    rusty frog
    Sorry to all ex Iresa customers who are waiting for refunds.
    I think I am partly to blame as before I switched away on the 12th February, I stopped my direct debit the month before.
    Like most, I was in credit. The credit was for gas and a small debit showing against the electricity.
    I emailed them and requested that the gas credit be used to offset the debit, and notified them I would be stopping the direct debit, and would settle the final bill when produced, by bank transfer.
    My thinking was I would rather owe Iresa than the other way round.
    Surprise no acknowledgement nor reply and no final bill has been received to date.
    I reckon we owe about 40, but to say the least, Iresa's bills were never easy to follow.
    So with that in mind, as I said before, sorry if I am holding up your refunds!:
    Last edited by rusty frog; 13-04-2018 at 3:04 PM.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

822Posts Today

6,257Users online

Martin's Twitter