Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    • 652Posts
    • 401Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa
    • 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa 11th Jun 16 at 9:59 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Iresa

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Page 100
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 12th Mar 18, 11:51 AM
    • 5,753 Posts
    • 3,530 Thanks
    Hengus
    I am still waiting for my final bill to be produced. Apparently my new provider has provided them with final meter readings, so why the wait?
    Originally posted by poppellerant
    Because they can...... Ofgem allows them 6 weeks to raise a Final Bill.
    • poppellerant
    • By poppellerant 12th Mar 18, 12:02 PM
    • 1,122 Posts
    • 593 Thanks
    poppellerant
    Originally posted by Hengus
    It would be just like Iresa to drag it out for the full duration.
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 12th Mar 18, 12:07 PM
    • 3,542 Posts
    • 2,195 Thanks
    matelodave
    They are still guessing my leccy meter readings but underestimating it by quite a lot.

The only correct meter reading that they've managed to use so far is the starting one. The DD's are coming out and being recorded correctly so they think I'm still in credit but I'm actually in debit as I expect to be at this time of year.

Dunno how their system works but I'll just make sure that I keep my own records, the same as I've always done.
    Love makes the world go round - beer make it go round even faster
    Look after our planet - it's the only one with beer
    • donerkebab
    • By donerkebab 12th Mar 18, 12:30 PM
    • 166 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    donerkebab
    They are still guessing my leccy meter readings but underestimating it by quite a lot.

The only correct meter reading that they've managed to use so far is the starting one. The DD's are coming out and being recorded correctly so they think I'm still in credit but I'm actually in debit as I expect to be at this time of year.

Dunno how their system works but I'll just make sure that I keep my own records, the same as I've always done.
    Originally posted by matelodave
    Their systems can only accept readings on the last day of the month - even then they might still estimate the reading Easier to read whenever then change submit date to last of month.. Always keep a record even better the automated response from their email systems of the reading you gave.
    Hope Iresa sort their $£!"£ out as was the cheapest for last 2 years for me but that can't justify the issues now of blocking switches and random increases of DD amounts.
    • miniemma
    • By miniemma 12th Mar 18, 8:12 PM
    • 436 Posts
    • 195 Thanks
    miniemma
    That's it, I've reached my limit, they've totally broken me.

My account is at zero since I rang them and paid a one of DD last month and they are still continuously objecting to my switch. Latest attempt the Ombudsman told me to apply for a switch and then ring Iresa and ask them to remove the block so I did this on Friday and wouldn't put the phone down until they emailed me confirming the block was lifted, which they did.

Switch objected again today. I cried.
    • quiet advisor
    • By quiet advisor 12th Mar 18, 8:13 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 497 Thanks
    quiet advisor

I'm not sure about this. Ofgem takes absolutely no action to enforce six weeks so it might be more accurate to say that Ofgem allows suppliers to take as long as they want.

There are some standards also laid down in the Energy Switch Guarantee, but, surprise, surprise, Iresa is not a signatory https://www.energyswitchguarantee.com/signatories/

The Energy Ombudsman can be more helpful to customers, even though they cannot become engaged until 8 weeks has passed from a complaint being raised. At least the EO can award some compensation to customers.

Anyway, I believe I am almost though the process of switching away from Iresa. No objections raised to date and final meter reading sent in about 2 weeks ago. Amazingly though my readings have been ignored and other figures used. Perhaps the new supplier uses the same data misvalidator as the old supplier.

There must be some form of Latin expression to describe these situations.

QA
    • beardiedog
    • By beardiedog 12th Mar 18, 8:24 PM
    • 501 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    beardiedog
    Caput ad murum cocti crepitus
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 12th Mar 18, 8:34 PM
    • 5,753 Posts
    • 3,530 Thanks
    Hengus
    I'm not sure about this. Ofgem takes absolutely no action to enforce six weeks so it might be more accurate to say that Ofgem allows suppliers to take as long as they want.

There are some standards also laid down in the Energy Switch Guarantee, but, surprise, surprise, Iresa is not a signatory https://www.energyswitchguarantee.com/signatories/

The Energy Ombudsman can be more helpful to customers, even though they cannot become engaged until 8 weeks has passed from a complaint being raised. At least the EO can award some compensation to customers.

Anyway, I believe I am almost though the process of switching away from Iresa. No objections raised to date and final meter reading sent in about 2 weeks ago. Amazingly though my readings have been ignored and other figures used. Perhaps the new supplier uses the same data misvalidator as the old supplier.

There must be some form of Latin expression to describe these situations.

QA
    Originally posted by quiet advisor
    Have a read of the following link re transfer meter readings:

https://octopus.energy/blog/secret-life-opening-meter-reading/

As far as the 6 weeks is concerned, it is EU Law. That said, the SLC requirement is based on the test of ‘reasonable efforts to’. Lawyers make £Ms arguing about what is reasonable and what is not.

As far as Final Bills are concerned, some suppliers know how bad things have become:

Important: Your final bill with your old supplier

In our experience, it can take a long time to get your final bill from your old supplier — anything from 8 weeks to 8 months. The good news is you’ve already given us your opening meter reading, which really helps speed things up. (Octopus Energy)

If you know that your transfer reading has been validated, then a Letter Before Action can unlock any log jam. That said, you have to be ready to go to Court.

Ofgem needs to do more to support consumers but I doubt that it has the will to do so.
    • Merlin139
    • By Merlin139 12th Mar 18, 8:50 PM
    • 4,763 Posts
    • 19,349 Thanks
    Merlin139
    Email from Iresa today.

This is to inform you that we have now received your final meter reading for ELECTRICITY supply. This reading will also be your opening read with your new supplier.

1 down Gas to go!
    • poppellerant
    • By poppellerant 13th Mar 18, 8:33 AM
    • 1,122 Posts
    • 593 Thanks
    poppellerant
    Email from Iresa today.

This is to inform you that we have now received your final meter reading for ELECTRICITY supply. This reading will also be your opening read with your new supplier.

1 down Gas to go!
    Originally posted by Merlin139
    I hope you have the patience of a saint. I have been waiting for an email to confirm that they have received my final gas readings since the beginning of March - my post is here.
    • Merlin139
    • By Merlin139 13th Mar 18, 8:57 AM
    • 4,763 Posts
    • 19,349 Thanks
    Merlin139
    I hope you have the patience of a saint. I have been waiting for an email to confirm that they have received my final gas readings since the beginning of March - my post is here.
    Originally posted by poppellerant
    Expecting it to take until the end of April. Everytime I have switched gas has taken about 6 to 8 weeks as I get my Gas through an IGT and it takes longer for them to confirm the readings. Although for the life of me GOD knows why?
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 13th Mar 18, 9:25 AM
    • 5,753 Posts
    • 3,530 Thanks
    Hengus
    Expecting it to take until the end of April. Everytime I have switched gas has taken about 6 to 8 weeks as I get my Gas through an IGT and it takes longer for them to confirm the readings. Although for the life of me GOD knows why?
    This problem was eliminated by the rollout of Project NEXUS last year; previously, IGTs had to be dealt with separately from Cadent. I switched last year and my gas reading was validated in about 8 days: the same for electricity. The problem for routine gas readings is that suppliers now have to validate these readings before entering them into the NEXUS database. Previously, the Annual Quantity for gas was updated once a year. Now it is updated each time a validated meter reading is entered into the NEXUS system. Why this process is taking some suppliers as long as it does, is the great unanswered question.
    • Merlin139
    • By Merlin139 13th Mar 18, 9:28 AM
    • 4,763 Posts
    • 19,349 Thanks
    Merlin139
    This problem was eliminated by the rollout of Project NEXUS last year; previously, IGTs had to be dealt with separately from Cadent. I switched last year and my gas reading was validated in about 8 days: the same for electricity. The problem for routine gas readings is that suppliers now have to validate these readings before entering them into the NEXUS database. Previously, the Annual Quantity for gas was updated once a year. Now it is updated each time a validated meter reading is entered into the NEXUS system. Why this process is taking some suppliers as long as it does, is the great unanswered question.
    Oh, thanks for the info. Wonder if it will happen before the next DD is due on 22nd?
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 13th Mar 18, 9:51 AM
    • 5,753 Posts
    • 3,530 Thanks
    Hengus
    Oh, thanks for the info. Wonder if it will happen before the next DD is due on 22nd?
    The fact that a supplier has the verified meter reading doesn't mean (sadly) that they will immediately leap into action and raise a Final Bill. i switched late last month; my electricity meter reading has been validated but there is no sign of a Final bill. i am not talking about Iresa. Cashflow matters to these small suppliers.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 13th Mar 18, 10:03 AM
    • 753 Posts
    • 1,955 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    As predicted, Iresa have already confirmed the closing reading for our electric, as the account will be in debit when they produce the final bill. (It was in credit when we iniated the switch)

However, for the older relative we help, who switched about a week before us, she is still waiting for the confirmation that Iresa have received the closing reading, as her account is in credit.

Suspect the demand for final payment will be quick for us, but very slow for her to get her refund of excess credit.
    • Boxman
    • By Boxman 13th Mar 18, 10:32 AM
    • 126 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    Boxman
    Update on previous postings - I switched from Iresa to a new supplier, effective date 5th October. Without wishing to repeat all the details from mid December on I badgered them for a final bill and refund of my outstanding credit balance. All requests ignored. Eventually via the Ombudsman it was agreed that within 28 days from 22nd February Iresa would issue a correct final bill, refund the credit balance of £170 or so plus a goodwill payment of £30 for the inconvenience and a letter of apology for the poor service.

We are 23 weeks from switch date, I have now received the final statement and the £170 has been paid into my bank account. No sign of the goodwill payment though or promised letter of apology. Will report this to the Ombudsman today.
    Last edited by Boxman; 13-03-2018 at 10:36 AM.
    • Merlin139
    • By Merlin139 13th Mar 18, 10:34 AM
    • 4,763 Posts
    • 19,349 Thanks
    Merlin139
    The fact that a supplier has the verified meter reading doesn't mean (sadly) that they will immediately leap into action and raise a Final Bill. i switched late last month; my electricity meter reading has been validated but there is no sign of a Final bill. i am not talking about Iresa. Cashflow matters to these small suppliers.
    I don't expect to see the balance of my accounts for maybe 3 months. As I said when I started my switch I am logging when and everything happens to send my case to OFGEM. Iresa have said I cannot escalate until 4 weeks from switch date. So another 8 weeks from then will get the ball rolling. Not in any hurry for the money. I am sure I have had to chase every company that I have switched from in the last 16 years so this will be no different!

Both my Gas and Electric show the charges to my switch date and I am not going to provide any further readings, so I presume my credit of £3.55 Electric and £38.43 Gas will find the way home at some point.
    • JDRutland
    • By JDRutland 13th Mar 18, 10:44 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JDRutland
    Iresa
    I have been with them of a year on a competitive rate. After 1 year i reviewed their charges and found TONIK cheaper. Changeover to TONIK happened on 6 Feb 18. IRESA informed me on 16 Feb that Elec Reading had been received and they hoped to generate a final bill within 10 days (26 Feb). Worked out that IRESA owe me £230 in refunds.
    10:15 this morning tried to phone them on 01157270982 – we are experiencing high volume of customer calls, you are number 43 in the queue. This is not the first time I have tried to contact them and found i was 30-40 in a queue - IMO they are great to attract new customers but if you want something out of them, like a query on a bill or to change supplier they are absolutely appalling.
    • poppellerant
    • By poppellerant 13th Mar 18, 10:55 AM
    • 1,122 Posts
    • 593 Thanks
    poppellerant
    Update on previous postings - I switched from Iresa to a new supplier, effective date 5th October. Without wishing to repeat all the details from mid December on I badgered them for a final bill and refund of my outstanding credit balance. All requests ignored. Eventually via the Ombudsman it was agreed that within 28 days from 22nd February Iresa would issue a correct final bill, refund the credit balance of £170 or so plus a goodwill payment of £30 for the inconvenience and a letter of apology for the poor service.

We are 23 weeks from switch date, I have now received the final statement and the £170 has been paid into my bank account. No sign of the goodwill payment though or promised letter of apology. Will report this to the Ombudsman today.
    Originally posted by Boxman
    Ouch, that isn't what I wanted to read. Particularly when the balance owed to me is the value of a direct debit plus 50%.
    • poppellerant
    • By poppellerant 13th Mar 18, 10:59 AM
    • 1,122 Posts
    • 593 Thanks
    poppellerant
    That's it, I've reached my limit, they've totally broken me.

My account is at zero since I rang them and paid a one of DD last month and they are still continuously objecting to my switch. Latest attempt the Ombudsman told me to apply for a switch and then ring Iresa and ask them to remove the block so I did this on Friday and wouldn't put the phone down until they emailed me confirming the block was lifted, which they did.

Switch objected again today. I cried.
    Originally posted by miniemma
    In your position I would pay a bit more just to make sure that the account is in credit. Also take into account your usage in the time it will take for them to start the switch, plus a little extra to cover yourself. I won't even defend Iresa for this as you shouldn't have to keep throwing money at them just so you can switch - but needs must.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

52Posts Today

3,033Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin