Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 27th Apr 15, 2:30 PM
    • 1,477Posts
    • 3,967Thanks
    Zanderman
    iD - new virtual network
    • 27th Apr 15, 2:30 PM
    iD - new virtual network 27th Apr 15 at 2:30 PM
    Have just been reading about a new virtual network being launched by carphonewarehouse. The're calling it iD - details (not many yet) are at http://idmobile.co.uk/ Due to launch in May. Using Three as carrier.

No idea, yet, what pricing will be like, but they make lots of claims about being customer-friendly - which may or may not turn out to be true!

You can sign up for their news by email - which might give early notice of offers.
Page 11
    • d123
    • By d123 16th Mar 17, 4:59 PM
    • 7,181 Posts
    • 4,642 Thanks
    d123
    Here's the relevant section of the terms

8.1 This Agreement terminated by:

8.1.1 you by giving us 30 days written notice in accordance with Clause 8.5 below. Unless you have ended the Agreement in accordance with Clause 8.2 or Clause 8.5 below, you must immediately pay us the Charges including any monthly (or other periodic) line rental charges for any remaining Minimum Period. You must pay the Charges during the notice period; or
    Found here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/legal/terms-and-conditions
    ====
    • EmmaC
    • By EmmaC 16th Mar 17, 5:04 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    EmmaC
    Here's the relevant section of the terms

Found here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/legal/terms-and-conditions
    Originally posted by d123
    The 30 day notice period was included in the final direct debit amount. It's the random unexplained £27 that is the problem ........... no matter, she will just pay it
    • d123
    • By d123 16th Mar 17, 5:14 PM
    • 7,181 Posts
    • 4,642 Thanks
    d123
    The 30 day notice period was included in the final direct debit amount. It's the random unexplained £27 that is the problem ........... no matter, she will just pay it
    Originally posted by EmmaC
    How much was the usual monthly bill?
    ====
  • idmobile
    Hi Emma, we are sorry to hear your friend has experienced these problems when cancelling her account. As you have already been advised, when you request to disconnection the account there is a 30 day cancellation period, if the direct debit has been cancelled before the final payment then there may be an outstanding balance. If you need any help you can always contact our Social Media Team who will be more than happy to look into this for you.

iD Mobile.
    facebook.com/idmobileuk/
    twitter.com/id_mobile_uk
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of iD Mobile. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
    • Phildave
    • By Phildave 4th Apr 17, 10:46 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Phildave
    id-Mobile
    I am really suprised that MSE do not look more fully into companies before recommending them.......
    I read their recommendation for a (low user) Sim only deal at £5.00 pm for 250 mins, 5000 texts & 1.5 GB data and decided to go with them. What a mistake. As MSE were recommending the deal I assumed that the company could be trusted - what I should have done was checked their Facebook Page (pages and pages of complaints) and certainly their feedback/Score on TrustPilot. They have so much bad feedback it is unbelievable with an appalling TrustPilot score of 1.1 out of 10. I also now know why their customer service has such bad feedback.
    id-mobile state that any porting request (transfer old number) requested by 18:00 will be carried out following day - not so. Customer Service say it takes 48 hours (not inc weekends) .Made the mistake of joining id-mobile last Thursday so as I requested it Thursday morning it will not be done until Monday.
    Not so - idmobile Customer Support told me it was because I hadnt altered my settings when I contacted them to complain. This apparently turned out to be rubbish so contacted them again. Number has not been ported - but because now it is in the hands of "Tech support" it could take a further 5 days. I will not bore you with even more details but needless to say things are slowly getting worse, I am getting nowhere and I still have no service.
    • Phildave
    • By Phildave 5th Apr 17, 10:23 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Phildave
    ID-Mobile
    I am really surprised that MSE do not look more fully into companies before recommending them.......
    I read their recommendation for a (low user) Sim only deal at £5.00 pm for 250 mins, 5000 texts & 1.5 GB data and decided to go with them. What a mistake. As MSE were recommending the deal I assumed that the company could be trusted - what I should have done was checked their Facebook Page (pages and pages of complaints) and certainly their feedback/Score on TrustPilot. They have so much bad feedback it is unbelievable with an appalling TrustPilot score of 1.1 out of 10. I also now know why their customer service has such bad feedback.
    id-mobile state that any porting request (transfer old number) requested by 18:00 will be carried out following day - not so. Customer Service say it takes 48 hours (not inc weekends) .Made the mistake of joining id-mobile last Thursday so as I requested it Thursday morning it will not be done until Monday.
    Not so - idmobile Customer Support told me it was because I hadnt altered my settings when I contacted them to complain. This apparently turned out to be rubbish so contacted them again. Number has not been ported - but because now it is in the hands of "Tech support" it could take a further 5 days. I will not bore you with even more details but needless to say things are slowly getting worse, I am getting nowhere and I still have no service a week later
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 5th Apr 17, 11:44 AM
    • 7,697 Posts
    • 2,468 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Are you going to have the same rant every day?
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 5th Apr 17, 11:50 AM
    • 32,834 Posts
    • 38,425 Thanks
    Browntoa
    looks like it .....

merged threads again
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • idmobile
    Hi Phildave, sorry to see that you're unhappy due to a porting issue that you've encountered. You may also contact us on our Social media sites where we deal with any other queries or complaints.
    Trustpilot provides equally low scores for most mobile networks unfortunately however if you can contact us on Facebook or Twitter we can investigate your situation and try to help.

iD Mobile.
    facebook.com/idmobileuk/
    twitter.com/id_mobile_uk
    I am the official company representative of iD Mobile. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
    • Frozen_up_north
    • By Frozen_up_north 6th Apr 17, 4:22 PM
    • 1,447 Posts
    • 697 Thanks
    Frozen_up_north
    Support by Facebook and Twitter

Glad I'm not with them
    • HarryNewsome
    • By HarryNewsome 15th Apr 17, 1:25 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    HarryNewsome
    iD Mobile Issues
    I bought a pay monthly sim from idmobile 2 weeks ago and everything seemed to be going fine, I receive numerous emails saying my account has been setup, email regarding my first monthly bill and to download their app etc.

After 2 weeks of waiting for my sim card to arrive (and money has been taken from my account by iD Mobile) I contacted their customer support to see why my Sim Card was taking so long. I received an email saying

"I had a look at the account and I see there was a disconnections request placed on the account. There is no further details regarding the order."

I replied thinking there was some sort of mixup and asked them to rectify it but after numerous messages back and forth they are refusing to give me any details regarding the account (even proof I canceled my order) and won't let me speak to a manager. Anything I reply to them just seems to be ignored and I am getting no where with them.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 12th Dec 17, 9:43 AM
    • 2,869 Posts
    • 13,371 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    all I get is ever degreasing circles with ID Mobile What a waste of time with their non UK CALL CENTRE it's a joke .
    There are more questions than answers
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times
    UK Resident
    • hateconcentrix
    • By hateconcentrix 10th Jan 18, 1:19 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    hateconcentrix
    I!!!8217;ve had a real nasty experience with iD, I!!!8217;ve been with them since 2015 & recently took out two extra Sim only deals with a supposed £5 Cap on them for my kids. It was sold as being !!!8220;shockproof!!!8221; and the sales team were adamant that it would have the £5 Cap with no further action required of me. I got a letter back saying how good the £5 Cap was but then got a shock when I was charged £63 when my kid had gone over the limit for a few days. I contacted them- the website & app are abysmal. & the Finance team got back to me to arrange a refund, which was all well & good, they told me that the Cap hadn!!!8217;t been put in place when ordering initially. So I arranged for it to be put in place and was reassured that I would not be shocked with a high bill again. So I upgraded the kids account to a higher data allowance to stop any further charges. Only to be charged £85 on the next bill. I had not been informed of this next overpayment at all when I upgraded the kids accounts.

I contacted them again and they refused a refund because of the previous refund. They mentioned it was because the £5 Cap didn!!!8217;t apply until the initial complaint had gone through. I feel thoroughly mislead. I am already struggling financially as I!!!8217;m a single mum and a newly qualified nurse living on what amounts to be peanuts. Not really able to afford these shocks.
  • idmobile
    I’ve had a real nasty experience with iD, I’ve been with them since 2015 & recently took out two extra Sim only deals with a supposed £5 Cap on them for my kids. It was sold as being “shockproof” and the sales team were adamant that it would have the £5 Cap with no further action required of me. I got a letter back saying how good the £5 Cap was but then got a shock when I was charged £63 when my kid had gone over the limit for a few days. I contacted them- the website & app are abysmal. & the Finance team got back to me to arrange a refund, which was all well & good, they told me that the Cap hadn’t been put in place when ordering initially. So I arranged for it to be put in place and was reassured that I would not be shocked with a high bill again. So I upgraded the kids account to a higher data allowance to stop any further charges. Only to be charged £85 on the next bill. I had not been informed of this next overpayment at all when I upgraded the kids accounts.

I contacted them again and they refused a refund because of the previous refund. They mentioned it was because the £5 Cap didn’t apply until the initial complaint had gone through. I feel thoroughly mislead. I am already struggling financially as I’m a single mum and a newly qualified nurse living on what amounts to be peanuts. Not really able to afford these shocks.
    Originally posted by hateconcentrix
    Hi hateconcentrix,

We're disappointed to learn of the experience you've had with us and we'd like to look into this further.

If you'd like to contact us on either facebook.com/idmobileuk/ or on twitter.com/id_mobile_uk and our team will investigate this further.

We'd like to help resolve this for you.

iD Mobile
    • jcontest
    • By jcontest 30th Jan 18, 5:45 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 536 Thanks
    jcontest
    I’ve had a real nasty experience with iD, I’ve been with them since 2015 & recently took out two extra Sim only deals with a supposed £5 Cap on them for my kids. It was sold as being “shockproof” and the sales team were adamant that it would have the £5 Cap with no further action required of me. I got a letter back saying how good the £5 Cap was but then got a shock when I was charged £63 when my kid had gone over the limit for a few days. I contacted them- the website & app are abysmal. & the Finance team got back to me to arrange a refund, which was all well & good, they told me that the Cap hadn’t been put in place when ordering initially. So I arranged for it to be put in place and was reassured that I would not be shocked with a high bill again. So I upgraded the kids account to a higher data allowance to stop any further charges. Only to be charged £85 on the next bill. I had not been informed of this next overpayment at all when I upgraded the kids accounts.

I contacted them again and they refused a refund because of the previous refund. They mentioned it was because the £5 Cap didn’t apply until the initial complaint had gone through. I feel thoroughly mislead. I am already struggling financially as I’m a single mum and a newly qualified nurse living on what amounts to be peanuts. Not really able to afford these shocks.
    Originally posted by hateconcentrix

My Initial complaint in the past went from May 2016 - Jan 2017 before I got resolution (Had to go through Ombudsman).

Nine months after my service had ended they generated another bill for me, marked it as unpaid, and put it on my credit file!.. You spot when an account goes from "closed" to "open - 9 months non-payment". It took me another 6 months (Ombudsman again) to get a resolution.

Since there is a Rep from the company here who seems to want to help then I would use them, keep as much as you can "public" as that Rep is here more for PR than any other reason.

Keep good records of what was said, when, by whom and any and all complaint IDs you have. I told them from the start that if I had to go to Ombudsman that I would be asking for compensation for time and stress (and it was stressful dealing with them), let them know that you will be seeking compensation and redress if you need to go to the Ombudsman.

They also cancelled the refund cheque they sent me on the second instance and the Ombudsman had to force them to send a second one!...

One other thing to be aware of.
    Unless things have changed the "Shocks" are per bit of service.
    £5 Shock = £5 Calls + £5 Text + £5 Data, or £15 Total.

Personally after two months of misbilling and CS not fixing the issue the first time then I would probably want to get out of the contract. Sadly Data cost has gone up as technology has increased.
    Two years ago you could get unlimited data for £3 a month, now it's £7+calls/text. The 3,2,1 sims (O2 and Three) are a great choice for kids who cant manage well.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

382Posts Today

6,358Users online

Martin's Twitter