Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GTR King
    • By GTR King 6th Jun 16, 6:01 PM
    • 803Posts
    • 147Thanks
    GTR King
    Cash machine didn't give me any money??
    • 6th Jun 16, 6:01 PM
    Cash machine didn't give me any money?? 6th Jun 16 at 6:01 PM
    Ok so last Saturday Night I went out for a few drinks with some friends etc...

Me & my mate went to a Link cash machine in the wall..

My mate (Lloyds)
    Me Barclays.

My mate put his card in typed his pin in & asked for 60 cash machine only gave him 40

I asked for 60 Machine said sorry there has been a problem with this transaction please contact your card issuer.

So me & my mate went to Santander Cash Machine I got 60 (No Problems) & he got 20 out then stayed out till 3.30am got home about 4am..

On Sunday morning when I woke (Hungover) I Checked my online banking & the 60 got debited from my account for Cash machine that didn't work so 120 went out when I only wanted 60

My mate got his 20 back from his bank today.

Barclays said it will be credited back tonight/24 hours after it happened next working day if not come see us tomorrow.

So Should I get my money back?? Will it take ages..
    Last edited by GTR King; 06-06-2016 at 6:05 PM.
Page 2
    • Cash-Cows
    • By Cash-Cows 14th Jun 16, 6:34 PM
    • 203 Posts
    • 155 Thanks
    Cash-Cows
    You think that's bad! Last year, my OH paid for something on his debit card that cost 110, and the transaction didn't go through properly, and we ended up with a ghost transaction. We tried again, and it happened again!

Third time lucky! It worked on the third attempt!

A few minutes later, we checked our bank balance. We had had 666 when we went into the shop. 336 after! The 110 had been taken out 3 times!

We got 2 payments back, but it took over a week. We had to get money out of our savings to cover the bills!

Hope you get your money.
    Originally posted by fierystormcloud
    This happened to me. I went into branch (lloyds). They took one look at my account and credited the money instantly. I had to sign a form to say they would investigate and would re-debit again if it proved I was wrong. Good service.
    • Stev123
    • By Stev123 7th Mar 18, 10:54 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Stev123
    What !!!! day!!!128546; wonder if someone can help me I went into my local shop today and use the note machine I had 221 in there withdraw 200 and the Machine only gave me 40 this was my ESA payment and I really need it to pay bills and food what can I do
    • NCC-1701
    • By NCC-1701 7th Mar 18, 11:09 PM
    • 210 Posts
    • 347 Thanks
    NCC-1701
    What !!!! day!!!128546; wonder if someone can help me I went into my local shop today and use the note machine I had 221 in there withdraw 200 and the Machine only gave me 40 this was my ESA payment and I really need it to pay bills and food what can I do
    Originally posted by Stev123
    Contact your bank tell them what happened and ask for advice.
    • BooJewels
    • By BooJewels 8th Mar 18, 12:50 PM
    • 278 Posts
    • 208 Thanks
    BooJewels
    I went into my local shop today and use the note machine I had 221 in there withdraw 200 and the Machine only gave me 40 this was my ESA payment and I really need it to pay bills and food what can I do
    Originally posted by Stev123
    If the machine was inside a shop, is it maybe one of those that has a transaction limit - there's one in our local hospital that only gives out fivers and you can only take out up to 25. Can you do a balance check or order a mini statement and see if the rest is still in your account?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

129Posts Today

1,361Users online

Martin's Twitter