Joined 31.05.16

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Love the way you costed per wear the trainers!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Well done on your NSD my sweet.

75.00 is good because you want to get a good pair that will last but will be comfortable & give you the support you need.

Dxxx
  • Bought the shoes. Now I have put my credit card in the freezer. I think both are good decisions.

Now to manage on the remainder of the current account till payday. I hope it can be done. I see lots of evenings at home.

167 days of loan. 17 days till.november.

Thank you Dolly and Seaside. I think you helped me to realise that I cant continue.into the winter wearing sandals.

One good thing at work - the.numbers look quite strong despite the brexit.so it is likely.there will.be a small bonus which means this 167 number is looking correct. I hope so very much, but im also prepared for there to be none because its not guaranteed so cautiously hopeful on this.
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • 166 days of loan. And 2 weeks till next payment going down to £1685 from original £5500
    16 days till november
    In tonight but seeing.friends today, should be low spend.
    Leg wax this morning -oh the pain and then small food shop.

2 weekends to pay day. Ate too much last night. Going to try much harder to be healthier.

Mbna only has 24 months at 0%. Hopefully I will be able to balance transfer if I have closed a loan and 2 or possibly 3 credit cards I would expect to be able to get a 0% deal.

Next month I have some time of and going to.do as little as possible and wear my coat and shoes.

Going to put travel and phone on credit card before payday but nothing else and then it is being returned.to the freezer.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • 165 days of loan. 10 to payday. Out monday, tues, hair on saturday, then quiet to payday.
    I promise myself november will be better. Minimal clothes, finish christmas shopping, less social, less pub, on target food shop, films and more time at home.
    Then onto december (mostly low spending planned). I will not get drawn into any crazy spending or theatre or Hammersmith apollo or wembley or twickenham rugby or handbags, or winter wonderland or last minute weekends away or anything else that is disproportionately expensive and cause a derailment.
    Then into 2017 which will be better.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Are you my doppelganger? Just read all of your thread and I'm amazed at how close your situation resembles mine P_S_L. I can relate to many things including the fear of telling parents and also the lack of support from friends. You're doing so well and I hope to continue to enjoy your diary for a long time.
    Starting Debt (31 Oct 2016) - £12,956 | Current Debt (31 Jan 2017) - £10,465 (20% paid)
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Keep going PSL, you;re doing great!
  • lulabelle
    lulabelle Posts: 944 Forumite
    PSL don't worry about the fact you are 30 and still in debt. I was somewhere between 30 and 32 (can't quite remember) when I paid off my debt despite at that time being a lawyer (so on a good salary). Most of it had been because I was living well beyond my means. I've since become a lot more sensible. I never told my parents how much debt I was in as they'd have really gone mad and worried. Just keep plugging away and you will get there x
    I want to be a writer
  • lulabelle wrote: »
    PSL don't worry about the fact you are 30 and still in debt. I was somewhere between 30 and 32 (can't quite remember) when I paid off my debt despite at that time being a lawyer (so on a good salary). Most of it had been because I was living well beyond my means. I've since become a lot more sensible. I never told my parents how much debt I was in as they'd have really gone mad and worried. Just keep plugging away and you will get there x

I'm in a similar boat too lulabelle - professional, good wage but champagne lifestyle on Irn Bru wages!. Glad to see there is light at the end of the tunnel.
    Starting Debt (31 Oct 2016) - £12,956 | Current Debt (31 Jan 2017) - £10,465 (20% paid)
  • Awww lulabelle, louby and Cailbhinn thank you for your kind words (and making me laugh too!) . I hope you weren't too bored reading everything. It feels much better having an outlet but I don't think it makes good reading.
    I am trying so hard to be more low key but it is very tough. Im hoping paying off the first debt will be the turning point so I am a bit obsessed with this loan! And I fully agree i don't think my relationship with my parents would recover if they knew what was going on. Amazing as they are, this is a whole level that they cant know about.
    I feel like I am getting more sensible every day, but its a bit late! Damage limitation at the moment, rather than any real progress. Declined my pub invite tonight in favour of staying in and completing non spending day, small steps. xx

2018 plans - reduce debt
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills