PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Comments

• Mickygg
    Mickygg Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Well I've just spoken to my EA and they said they have had the busiest post Xmas first day for booking viewings for many years! Apparently the phone hasn't stopped ringing and I have one booked in as well!
  • Well done Mickey. So might we if she had got off her 'arris!
  • Mickygg
    Mickygg Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Well done Mickey. So might we if she had got off her 'arris!

Yes not going on line on Boxing Day would have annoyed me too, especially not returning emails.

It may be that they aren't in today. Me EA has people all taking turns between Xmas and new year. I've sent an email with a query on my listing, but I've spoken to another EA and the person I sent the email to wasn't in today.

Fingers crossed for a busy new year ahead for sellers. With most predictions being house price increases next year between 0 and 5% I think we will see more people taking the house move plunge in the new year, especially with record low mortgage rates.
  • Hoping everyone gets their houses sold and is able to move on!

Our contract finished with our old EA on the 22nd Dec., but they did not take it off Rightmove before Christmas and have been closed since the 23rd, reopening tomorrow. Have to say this doesn't surprise me as they have been pretty darn useless. But not the end of the world.

We go live with our new EA on the 11th Jan. Hoping we get some good interest and a buyer quickly as we need / want to relocate fairly promptly. At least we are chain free as we will be renting in the new area, while we settle in and get to know the place and where we want to buy.
  • Good Luck Micky and Loopy.

I hear on the rural grapevine that my EA is in the Canaries! Business can't be too bad.
  • I'm not sure what prompts your sarcasm, make you feel good?

I genuinely do apologise, I know I was being sarcastic, but it wasn't aimed at you personally, just an attempt to illustrate the utter absurdity of the Ponzi scheme that is the uk property market.

People brag endlessly about ''how much their house has made'' and it's only when they need to try and move up the ladder they suddenly realise that rampant HPI is maybe not such a good thing after all.

I'm mortgage free and my house is worth over 3x what I paid for it (sorry to disappoint you Dave) but I would happily see prices fall 30%,40%,even 50% because I'm able to see what huge benefits that would have to just about everyone,
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I genuinely do apologise, I know I was being sarcastic, but it wasn't aimed at you personally, just an attempt to illustrate the utter absurdity of the Ponzi scheme that is the uk property market.

People brag endlessly about ''how much their house has made'' and it's only when they need to try and move up the ladder they suddenly realise that rampant HPI is maybe not such a good thing after all.

I'm mortgage free and my house is worth over 3x what I paid for it (sorry to disappoint you Dave) but I would happily see prices fall 30%,40%,even 50% because I'm able to see what huge benefits that would have to just about everyone,

About the only way now to get the economy moving is to have a house price correction, they have tried nearly everything else, bar depositing money in peoples accounts? A good crash would see retail, DIY especially, getting a boost, and what does a bank backed by the central bank care about the value of a mortgage free persons home for anyway? My recent observations of London, Glasgow and Edinburgh point to footfall and spending being way down, the PTB need to get people spending, and do it soon.
  • Ah well, we are on now. Fingers crossed.
  • Glad you are now listed smallholdingsister!

We had our first viewing on the 22nd Dec and they came back for a 2nd today. They made an offer this afternoon £15k below asking which we rejected as we said we wanted asking as we were priced to sell. They upped to £5k below asking and said it was their final offer. My husband was tempted to accept as he is v keen to get moving but as we haven't seen anything we love yet and do genuinely think our asking price is extremely fair, we declined.

That was at 4:30pm, I wonder if they will rear their heads over the next few days with an increase?

In hindsight we should perhaps have counted to 2.5 below but I am hoping for the market to become more buoyant as Christmas is left behind.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback