IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC parking ticket at Screwfix customer car park

Options

Comments

• camelcx
    camelcx Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What do you mean by double take? I have checked the photographic evidence but didn't notice anything wrong with the photo itself, except the unclear signage...
    I will appeal to POPLA if they give me a POPLA code. I've seen suggestions on the forum against calling UKPC by the phone number. So not sure of what to do with them now.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Do not phone them - nothing positive will come out of it, so don't bother!

UKPC delay issuing the formal rejection and release of a POPLA code until the 35 days for response time is up (per the BPA CoP) in their attempt to get the keeper to slip and reveal the driver's identification.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Northlakes
    Northlakes Posts: 826 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 June 2016 at 9:57PM
    Options
    You state you have had two PCN's on the SAME DAY! Is that correct?
    What I meant was, the attendant might have took two pictures to issue two PCN's for the same event.
    These guys are incentivised to issue as many tickets as possible and it would seem unusual to get two tickets on the same day.

NEVER PHONE A PPC. They are only after two things, money and to know who the driver was.
    REVENGE IS A DISH BETTER SERVED COLD
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Look at the background behind the photos of your car - same cars in background? UKPC have form for that.

Otherwise you do NOT need to respond to the letter nor chase up the rejection letter. They always take longer than 21 days but they WILL reject shortly.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • camelcx
    Options
    Thanks guys for the reply.
    @Northlakes The PCNs were on different days. The one I started this thread was on 16th April. And later I received a NTK for a PCN on 2nd April... Both Saturday and both out of working time. Anyway, not a double take for this case.

Will wait for the POPLA code then, cheers.
  • camelcx
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm moving address in about 2 weeks time. But the POPLA codes are still not there. They just keep sending me duplicated letters...

Do I need to inform the PPC for the address change? Thanks.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    camelcx wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm moving address in about 2 weeks time. But the POPLA codes are still not there. They just keep sending me duplicated letters...

Do I need to inform the PPC for the address change? Thanks.

I would inform them of your change of address, but get Royal Mail to forward everything to your new abode. It's well worth doing and doesn't cost too much. Make sure you keep proof that you have informed UKPC. Don't be surprised if the scammers send the stuff to your old address. If they do, complain to the BPA and DVLA.

Don't forget to tell the DVLA you have moved as well. V5 and Driving Licence.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • camelcx
    Options
    I received debt collector letter asking for £160 regarding the 16/04 PCN (which was £100...). I've never received a POPLA code before this. I believe I should complain to BPA now?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    yes , do that

its a common UKPC strategy (or incompetence)
  • camelcx
    Options
    I've put together a draft complaint letter here. Any advice? BTW, I can't find the AOS email address on BPA website but a online form. I can't attach pictures to the form...Should I send it to info@britishparking.co.uk ?
    UKPC, PCN No. xxxxxxxxxx
    xx/04/2016

VRN: xxxxxxx

Dear Sirs,

I am writing to register a complaint against UK Parking Control(UKPC) who claim to be a member of your organization and as such is supposed to abide by your agreed code of practice.

As the registered keeper of the vehicle noted above I attempted to implement the appeal procedure to UKPC. However, no rejection letter nor POPLA code has been issued to me before I revceived debt collection letters from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd (DRP) regarding the ticket.

This is a clear breach of the code of practice set out by you. I have enclosed copies of their letters to me which clearly demonstrate their flagrant abuse of your code of practice.

Given UKPC's obvious abuse of your code of practice and flagrant abuse of the terms and conditions of their membership of the BPA I would like to know exactly what disciplinary procedures will be implemented to prevent such unlawful and unsanctioned behavior being continued.
    Such behavior demonstrates UKPC's total disregard for your organization and begs the question as to whether they should be allowed to remain as members.

If the BPA fail to act on the information provided, which from evidence in the public domain is clearly not as isolated incident, then the credibility of the BPA and its existence as an independent body must be questioned.

Yours faithfully,

xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family