Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sexymouse
    • By sexymouse 13th Apr 16, 12:29 PM
    • 5,687Posts
    • 70,489Thanks
    sexymouse
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13
    • 13th Apr 16, 12:29 PM
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13 13th Apr 16 at 12:29 PM
    This is the new thread for those trying for a baby.
    The previous one is here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5143999

Please be aware that this is a thread for those trying to conceive. If you wish to announce a pregnancy (or are only a couple of days from testing) and you have never used this thread before, please either wait until CD1 or use the less than 12 weeks pregnant thread. Hormones can run high on here (nature of the thread!) so please be sensitive. Many thanks!

List of Users
    Alex_88 TTC #1 since 09/15
    angel11 (34) TTC #1 Since 08/15
    Apple1985 (30) TTC #1 Since 12/15
    big5
    (33) TTC #2 Since 2/16
    cats2012 (27) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    Clarabell1984 (31) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    easilydistracted (33) TTC#1 Since 01/16
    Keekee (38) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    MancMama4 (35) TTC #1 () Since 04/15
    Meepmeep (40) TTC #1 Since 01/16
    Midget1907 (29) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    Milliebob (27) TTC #2 Since 05/15
    newthrift (25) TTC #1 Since 11/15
    pinkpetal (36) TTC #1 Since 10/15
    sexymouse (32) TTC #3 (
    ) Since 02/16
    Tinks05 (27) TTC #1 Since 03/16
    VicVics (29) TTC #2 Since 04/16

Those with * used Preseed/Conceive Plus

Thread Graduates
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16
    newthrift BFP 23/5/16
    VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16

Link to abbreviations courtesy of MadMac from previous threads - http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/abbrevs.htm

The most common ones are:

AF - Aunt Flo (period)
    BFP - Big Fat Positive (+ on home pregnancy test)
    BD - Baby dance (making babies)
    CBFM - Clearblue fertility monitor
    CD - Cycle date (CD1 is the 1st day of period)
    DPO - Days past ovulation (if ovulation was on CD15, then that is 0DPO, CD16 is 1DPO)
    HPT - Home Pregnancy Test
    IC - Internet cheapie (IC OPKs, hpts)
    NTNP - Not trying not preventing (pregnancy)
    OV - ovulation
    OPK - ovulation predictor kits
    SBDTA - Sticky baby dust to all
    SS - symptom spotting
    Temp - temperature (BBT)
    TLP - Tiny little positive (faint positive on pregnancy test)

Also, an useful website telling you when to test, when you are ovulating and how the egg is developing etc found by Smash7 is here: http://www.pregnology.com

This website is also useful http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm
    It details the Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP) which some have found helpful in conceiving.

Some TMI cm pics here:
    http://www.fertilityuk.org/nfps401.html

Drugs you can take when pregnant
    Some CBFM FAQs
    Vitamins and minerals that can aid conception and pregnancy

Sensitivity of home pregnancy tests (lower = more sensitive, earlier results)
    Superdrug Own Brand (pink box - states can use 4 days before late AF on box) 10mIU
    First Vue dip tests (poundland) - 20mIU
    One step midstream (ALDI) - 25mIU
    Clearblue - 25mIU
    Clearblue Digital - 50mIU
    First response early response - 12.5mIU
    Boots own brand - 25mIU/50mIU
    Sainsburys own - 15mIU
    Tesco own - 25mIU
    ASDA own - 25mIU
    CBD with conception indicator - 25mIU

There is no such thing as a silly question, so please ask anything you are curious about. Many of us have 'been there done that' and many of our graduates still read this thread and are happy to offer advice when it is needed and relevant.

As with everything deemed medical, we cannot offer medical advice, so please visit or call your GP if you have any concerns or questions. Getting a preconception check up is recommended and allows your GP to know that you're trying for a baby as well as identifying and rectifying any issues or problems that may interfere with a pregnancy before you conceive.
    Last edited by sexymouse; 19-06-2016 at 9:06 PM.
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Poppy born 8/11/2015, rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
Page 246
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 12th Jul 18, 6:03 PM
    • 882 Posts
    • 795 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD47 Tryingin2018
    CD27 Skimper

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD25 Buttermint
    CD15 HappyLassie13
    CD11 PrettyKittyKat
    CD7 BusyBargainz

"Wine and Chocolate" zone

CD5 Faith177
    CD4 Lola25
    CD3 Zeni
    CD? April87

Those we haven't heard from in a while:
    Nanyco
    CamelLady
    athensgeorgia
    SlothSocks
    wifeforlife
    LKRDN_Morgan

When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up. If you would like adding to the lists just let me know what CD day you are (the first day of your period is CD1).

2018 Thread Graduates:
    Afoolandhermoney 23/01/2018
    Selement 9/3/2018
    Toots14 13/3/2018
    T4Taylor 29/3/2018
    NelliePie 13/4/2018
    HappyLassie13 20/5/2018
    Rambosmum 24/5/18
    Celepie 30/5/2018
    HopHop 28/5/2018
    Gemini90 31/5/2018
    Sakurah 22/6/2018
    BapBap 1/7/2018
    KatieBee123 5/7/2018
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 12th Jul 18, 6:10 PM
    • 882 Posts
    • 795 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    Lola25, a tentative congratulations from me also! I won!!!8217;t update you as a graduate on the list until you feel comfortable to be!

Tryingin2018, I had the exact same feelings when my cycle went haywire too! Easier said than done, but try to not let it dishearten you. Hopefully it is just a one off for you. I!!!8217;ve had to work really hard to get my enthusiasm back for this cycle, and to be honest I am not convinced I really have! I truly believe I will be asking the doctor for a referral for fertility tests in a couple of months!!!8217; time!

Started the CB OPK!!!8217;s yesterday. Got a flashing smiley today. I have used these once previously earlier in the year and I got a flashing smiley really quickly the first time I used the holder too, but then it took 10 days to get the static smiley. So I think it is likely to be the same this time too. Planning to BD every other night until the static, so hoping that plan goes to, well, plan! Haha
    • lola25
    • By lola25 12th Jul 18, 6:16 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    lola25
    Thank you for all of your posts.

I didn't have much bleeding yesterday afternoon, but I have had a bit more bleeding today, so have done another test and is still showing as positive. It could be implantation bleeding, as there is only a bit each day, but I am not sure if it is supposed to last for 4 days.

Rambosmum Thank you for your post. I am not entirely sure when I ovulated, so I could have got the dates slightly wrong.

Tryingin2018 I am sorry to hear your feeling low. I hope that you don't have to wait too long for your cycles to average out.

PrettyKittyKat thank you! I am hoping that the bleeding (albiet there is only a small amount each day) will stop today. I have called my GP and they have advised me to do another test in a few days, so I will let you know soon.

Nearly the weekend, I hope everybody is ok.
    You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You are on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the woman who will decide where to go

2019 Bride 09.11.2019
    • HopHop
    • By HopHop 12th Jul 18, 8:24 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    HopHop
    PKK that's was our plan when we used the CB OPKs and it worked for us so crossing fingers for you. We had 6 days of flashing before the peak, OH was getting a bit tired toward the end bless him.
    • wifeforlife
    • By wifeforlife 13th Jul 18, 12:33 AM
    • 2,532 Posts
    • 2,791 Thanks
    wifeforlife
    Hi everyone

So sorry I've been MIA, I've really struggled to come back and say it but my OH has changed his mind about having more children.

We decided last year to have two more children now before I get any older (36), before we could conceive I had to have my gallbladder out which I did and then the coil came out early January, so we could start trying. By the end of March, early April I noticed he wasn't really up for trying, he was actively avoiding me, was always tired etc, was starting b'ding but wasn't 'finishing'. So I finally asked him straight out last month and he admitted he changed his mind.

I've really felt angry initially towards him, more as he was the one who really wanted more children. I was content with our family as it was, and it was me that needed the convincing last year

It's taken me a while to come to terms with it but I think it could be a very sensible decision, I've fibromyalgia, would still need to work full time and with my age, the fact our two children will soon be 15 & 9 we're well out of the baby stage. BUT there's a part of me is really gutted

I've not yet went back to the doctor for my coil again coz I can't face saying it out loud but you guys were so supportive at the start of the year I just wanted to let you know.

I really hope 2018 & 19 are the positive, healthy and happy baby making years for you all

Cx
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 13th Jul 18, 10:54 AM
    • 313 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Hi all,

sorry i haven't been active much. OH was admitted to hospital and is on a respiratory ward.
    Really rubbish time at the moment.
    No BD'ing for us.

I'll be back in touch when i can.
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 13th Jul 18, 10:57 AM
    • 350 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    Hope hes ok and better soon x look after yourself too
    • skimper
    • By skimper 13th Jul 18, 12:20 PM
    • 203 Posts
    • 229 Thanks
    skimper
    I think im CD2 today. I had a day of very light bleeding when I wiped and now getting dark red/brown like I did the start of the last cycle. I think last cycle I started counting for the first day I saw pink so i'll do the same & keep it consistent.
    I hate seeing OH face when I tell him AF is here because he gets so frustrated. I do have a bit of weight to lose so I'm just looking at it as another 4 weeks to get some more lbs off & think we will invest in some Conceive plus this cycle.

Happy Lassie - Wishing your OH a speedy recovery.
    • KatieBee123
    • By KatieBee123 13th Jul 18, 6:20 PM
    • 113 Posts
    • 437 Thanks
    KatieBee123
    Difficult to say but I started bleeding this morning and loosing clots now aswell.
    I am heartbroken, docs booked me for an early scan Tuesday but in all honesty I do not think there will be any reason to go

I will be lurking but may not post for a while

Hope everyone is well xx
    • Tryingin2018
    • By Tryingin2018 13th Jul 18, 8:30 PM
    • 96 Posts
    • 123 Thanks
    Tryingin2018
    So so sorry Katie. Take care of yourself.

For all those wanting to try conceive plus, try it if you think it'll help. I think it's too sticky and actually takes the enjoyment out of bd entirely and made no difference - still not pregnant. Be nice to see what other people think.
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 14th Jul 18, 9:19 AM
    • 882 Posts
    • 795 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    CD49 Tryingin2018

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD27 Buttermint
    CD17 HappyLassie13
    CD13 PrettyKittyKat
    CD9 BusyBargainz

CD7 Faith177
    CD6 Lola25
    CD5 Zeni
    CD3 Skimper
    CD? April87

Nanyco
    CamelLady
    athensgeorgia
    SlothSocks
    wifeforlife
    LKRDN_Morgan

When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up. If you would like adding to the lists just let me know what CD day you are (the first day of your period is CD1).

2018 Thread Graduates:
    Selement 9/3/2018
    Toots14 13/3/2018
    T4Taylor 29/3/2018
    NelliePie 13/4/2018
    HappyLassie13 20/5/2018
    Rambosmum 24/5/18
    Celepie 30/5/2018
    HopHop 28/5/2018
    Gemini90 31/5/2018
    Sakurah 22/6/2018
    BapBap 1/7/2018
    KatieBee123 5/7/2018
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 14th Jul 18, 9:23 AM
    • 882 Posts
    • 795 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    Wifeforlife, thank you for coming back to update us on your circumstances. I can totally understand how it has taken some time to come to terms with it. When making a big decision like having more children your mind can become set and see your life in one way, so to then realise your life will be different (not worse, just different) it is totally reasonable that it will take some time to get your head around it again. You have lots to look forward to now your two children are older and more independent, you can do lots of different types of adventure as a family. I wish you lots of luck and happiness!

HappyLassie13, sending you lots of hugs! Check in and let us know how your OH is doing when you get a chance.

KatieBee123, I am so so sorry. Take all the time you need, we are here when you need us whatever the outcome of Tuesday.
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 14th Jul 18, 10:02 AM
    • 313 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    My thoughts are with you Katie, everything crossed.

OH was admitted on Wednesday and he won!!!8217;t be coming out until at least Monday, he had a much better day yesterday then previous but he!!!8217;s let me know that today he!!!8217;s feeling worse. We go away in 2 weeks time so we are keeping everything crossed that he!!!8217;ll be given the all clear and be fit to fly.

Hope you!!!8217;re all doing okay.
    • lola25
    • By lola25 14th Jul 18, 10:48 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    lola25
    Morning All

KatieBee I am so sorry to hear that, I have everything crossed for you that it is all ok. Will be thinking of you on Tuesday, please do keep in touch, we are all here to support you.

HappyLassie Sorry to hear that your OH was admitted to hospital, wishing him a speedy recovery. Make sure you take care of yourself.

xx
    You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You are on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the woman who will decide where to go

2019 Bride 09.11.2019
    • Celepie
    • By Celepie 14th Jul 18, 2:39 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    Celepie
    I'm so sorry, Katie. I have everything crossed for your scan and hope that it's just random bleeding. Thinking of you x

Hope your husband gets better soon, HL. Must be a worrying time for you x

On the Conceive Plus topic, the month we got our BFP was the first month we'd used it but that's purely anecdotal and most likely coincidental! A little goes a long way though !!!8211; we didn't notice any real difference in sensation during sex, but I didn't use a huge amount and squirted it quite high up there with the applicator.
    • lola25
    • By lola25 14th Jul 18, 6:06 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    lola25
    Hi

My bleeding was still very light until yesterday, but has since stopped today. I did another test yesterday, and still got a positive. I told my OH last night, and he was over the moon.

I am going to take the decision to move across to the 'less than 12 weeks' board, but will still lurk on this board too, to see how everybody is getting along.

I am trying ever so hard to keep a level head and not get too excited, as I know there is a long road ahead. I am going to go to my GP next week and fill in the form, and hopefully I won't have any more bleeding.

I really hope everything works out for every member of this group, you are such a wonderful bunch of people! xx

2019 Bride 09.11.2019
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 15th Jul 18, 5:11 PM
    • 882 Posts
    • 795 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    CD50 Tryingin2018

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD28 Buttermint
    CD18 HappyLassie13
    CD14 PrettyKittyKat
    CD10 BusyBargainz

CD8 Faith177
    CD6 Zeni
    CD4 Skimper
    CD? April87

Nanyco
    CamelLady
    athensgeorgia
    SlothSocks
    wifeforlife
    LKRDN_Morgan

2018 Thread Graduates:
    Selement 9/3/2018
    Toots14 13/3/2018
    T4Taylor 29/3/2018
    NelliePie 13/4/2018
    HappyLassie13 20/5/2018
    Rambosmum 24/5/2018
    Celepie 30/5/2018
    HopHop 28/5/2018
    Gemini90 31/5/2018
    Sakurah 22/6/2018
    BapBap 1/7/2018
    KatieBee123 5/7/2018
    Lola25 11/7/2018
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 15th Jul 18, 5:25 PM
    • 882 Posts
    • 795 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    i hope you've all had a lovely weekend. A visit to family overnight last night means we are out of sync with our 'every other day' plan, but as I am still on flashing smiley on CB OPK's and fertile week starts Tuesday according to Ovia I am hoping it doesn't affect things!
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 15th Jul 18, 7:30 PM
    • 313 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    OH IS HOME! I am so happy!!
    I think Ovulation is today according to apps so unless he feels very good tonight we will not be seeing a BFP this time round. However PKK can you move me to the two week week wait tomorrow please.
    • HopHop
    • By HopHop 15th Jul 18, 7:34 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    HopHop
    So glad he's home! Hope he's back to full strength soon.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,542Posts Today

9,511Users online

Martin's Twitter