Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sexymouse
    • By sexymouse 13th Apr 16, 12:29 PM
    • 5,687Posts
    • 70,489Thanks
    sexymouse
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13
    • 13th Apr 16, 12:29 PM
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13 13th Apr 16 at 12:29 PM
    This is the new thread for those trying for a baby.
    The previous one is here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5143999

Please be aware that this is a thread for those trying to conceive. If you wish to announce a pregnancy (or are only a couple of days from testing) and you have never used this thread before, please either wait until CD1 or use the less than 12 weeks pregnant thread. Hormones can run high on here (nature of the thread!) so please be sensitive. Many thanks!

List of Users
    Alex_88 TTC #1 since 09/15
    angel11 (34) TTC #1 Since 08/15
    Apple1985 (30) TTC #1 Since 12/15
    big5
    (33) TTC #2 Since 2/16
    cats2012 (27) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    Clarabell1984 (31) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    easilydistracted (33) TTC#1 Since 01/16
    Keekee (38) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    MancMama4 (35) TTC #1 () Since 04/15
    Meepmeep (40) TTC #1 Since 01/16
    Midget1907 (29) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    Milliebob (27) TTC #2 Since 05/15
    newthrift (25) TTC #1 Since 11/15
    pinkpetal (36) TTC #1 Since 10/15
    sexymouse (32) TTC #3 (
    ) Since 02/16
    Tinks05 (27) TTC #1 Since 03/16
    VicVics (29) TTC #2 Since 04/16

Those with * used Preseed/Conceive Plus

Thread Graduates
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16
    newthrift BFP 23/5/16
    VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16

Link to abbreviations courtesy of MadMac from previous threads - http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/abbrevs.htm

The most common ones are:

AF - Aunt Flo (period)
    BFP - Big Fat Positive (+ on home pregnancy test)
    BD - Baby dance (making babies)
    CBFM - Clearblue fertility monitor
    CD - Cycle date (CD1 is the 1st day of period)
    DPO - Days past ovulation (if ovulation was on CD15, then that is 0DPO, CD16 is 1DPO)
    HPT - Home Pregnancy Test
    IC - Internet cheapie (IC OPKs, hpts)
    NTNP - Not trying not preventing (pregnancy)
    OV - ovulation
    OPK - ovulation predictor kits
    SBDTA - Sticky baby dust to all
    SS - symptom spotting
    Temp - temperature (BBT)
    TLP - Tiny little positive (faint positive on pregnancy test)

Also, an useful website telling you when to test, when you are ovulating and how the egg is developing etc found by Smash7 is here: http://www.pregnology.com

This website is also useful http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm
    It details the Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP) which some have found helpful in conceiving.

Some TMI cm pics here:
    http://www.fertilityuk.org/nfps401.html

Drugs you can take when pregnant
    Some CBFM FAQs
    Vitamins and minerals that can aid conception and pregnancy

Sensitivity of home pregnancy tests (lower = more sensitive, earlier results)
    Superdrug Own Brand (pink box - states can use 4 days before late AF on box) 10mIU
    First Vue dip tests (poundland) - 20mIU
    One step midstream (ALDI) - 25mIU
    Clearblue - 25mIU
    Clearblue Digital - 50mIU
    First response early response - 12.5mIU
    Boots own brand - 25mIU/50mIU
    Sainsburys own - 15mIU
    Tesco own - 25mIU
    ASDA own - 25mIU
    CBD with conception indicator - 25mIU

There is no such thing as a silly question, so please ask anything you are curious about. Many of us have 'been there done that' and many of our graduates still read this thread and are happy to offer advice when it is needed and relevant.

As with everything deemed medical, we cannot offer medical advice, so please visit or call your GP if you have any concerns or questions. Getting a preconception check up is recommended and allows your GP to know that you're trying for a baby as well as identifying and rectifying any issues or problems that may interfere with a pregnancy before you conceive.
    Last edited by sexymouse; 19-06-2016 at 9:06 PM.
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Poppy born 8/11/2015, rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
Page 227
    • Tryingin2018
    • By Tryingin2018 7th May 18, 11:07 AM
    • 59 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    Tryingin2018
    Feeling quite low. Despite telling oh for the last few weeks that he needs to cut the weekend alcohol binges, he hasn't and won't. Im putting in all the effort, taking the vitamins etc and he's doing nothing to help improve our chances. Feel like all my efforts this month will go to waste.
    • thrift360
    • By thrift360 7th May 18, 12:46 PM
    • 213 Posts
    • 21,022 Thanks
    thrift360
    Tryingin2018 that is really frustrating when you're putting the effort in. I bought the men and women's pre-conception vitamins for my husand and I. I had to nag him to take them, he took them for a few days and then stopped.

Am feeling absolutely gutted today as I've started spotting and having cramps, indicating that AF is imminent. I naively thought we had it in the bag this month and was stupidly symptom spotting, so it feels like even more of a blow. Thinking about putting myself on some sort of "fertility diet" type thing, but I really don't think my diet is that bad, and as stated above, am taking the preconception multivitamins, and I've also given up coffee.

Anyway, sorry for the grumbley post!
    Last edited by thrift360; 07-05-2018 at 8:58 PM.
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 7th May 18, 2:47 PM
    • 383 Posts
    • 400 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD59 wifeforlife
    CD18 HappyLassie13

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD27 KatieBee123
    CD14 Skimper
    CD14 Tryingin2018
    CD8 PrettyKittyKat

"Wine and Chocolate" zone

CD14 Zeni
    CD8 Celepie

Those we haven't heard from in a while:
    Nanyco
    CamelLady
    athensgeorgia
    SlothSocks

When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up. If you would like adding to the lists just let me know what CD day you are (the first day of your period is CD1).

2018 Thread Graduates:
    Afoolandhermoney 23/01/2018
    Selement 9/3/2018
    Toots14 13/3/2018
    T4Taylor 29/3/2018
    NelliePie 13/4/2018
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 7th May 18, 3:11 PM
    • 383 Posts
    • 400 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    Tryinging2018 I would find that upsetting also. Thankfully we don't really drink much and my OH cut out his only real vice (full fat pepsi!) himself a few months ago, not for TTC but just to be healthier. What did your OH say when you speak to him about it? I think for men they don't really understand how difficult it can be to get pregnant so don't think someone like that is needed.

thrift360 I'm sorry the witch is on her way! My diet isn't very good at the moment and I have put on alot of weight since the wedding last year. I am uncomfortable in my own body and i know it can't be doing TTC any good either, but I am really struggling to get back into good habits!
    • Tryingin2018
    • By Tryingin2018 7th May 18, 11:14 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    Tryingin2018
    He thinks I'm overthinking the TTC, all the supplements are unecessary etc. I could shake him!!
    • skimper
    • By skimper 8th May 18, 12:25 PM
    • 131 Posts
    • 109 Thanks
    skimper
    Can i be moved to the Two week wait please?

We only managed to BD once around ovulation so i'm not holding out much hope for this month, but trying to stay positive. Only takes 1 lucky swimmer!
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 8th May 18, 2:22 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 275 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    AF is due either Sunday or Tuesday depending on which app is correct. I have had a little cramping today so i am expecting her to arrive on time. Clear blue study wants me to test on Tuesday and that will bring an end to Cycle 2.
    • Celepie
    • By Celepie 8th May 18, 5:32 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    Celepie
    Managed to delete this by mistake. Gah,
    • Celepie
    • By Celepie 8th May 18, 5:33 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    Celepie
    Anyway, nothing to report here, just waiting for fertile week to begin. Hope everyone is doing well!
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 8th May 18, 7:26 PM
    • 383 Posts
    • 400 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    CD19 HappyLassie13
    CD15 Skimper

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD28 KatieBee123
    CD15 Tryingin2018
    CD9 PrettyKittyKat

CD15 Zeni
    CD9 Celepie

Nanyco
    CamelLady
    athensgeorgia
    SlothSocks
    wifeforlife

When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up. If you would like adding to the lists just let me know what CD day you are (the first day of your period is CD1).

2018 Thread Graduates:
    Selement 9/3/2018
    Toots14 13/3/2018
    T4Taylor 29/3/2018
    NelliePie 13/4/2018
    • thrift360
    • By thrift360 8th May 18, 7:59 PM
    • 213 Posts
    • 21,022 Thanks
    thrift360
    Trying so hard not to get my hopes up, but had a bit of very light spotting the last couple of days. It tapered off yesterday morning and absolutely nothing further today. Of course I've been googling implantation bleeding and getting excited, but trying to stay realistic, although it's very unusual for me as normally once my spotting starts it doesn't stop till AF appears in full force. Had two First Response tests arrive today that I ordered from Amazon, but as I'm only 6dpo today I'm going to hold off for at least another week. Maybe.
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 9th May 18, 2:36 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 275 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Good Afternoon all, i have so much watery discharge today it is unreal.
    It is not uncommon for me to have watery CM but the amount that is today isn't usual for me.
    • Tryingin2018
    • By Tryingin2018 9th May 18, 2:40 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    Tryingin2018
    Good luck ladies. CD17 for me and no signs of ovulation yet. I ovulated CD23 last month and cd21 the month before so probably a bit early!
    • Tryingin2018
    • By Tryingin2018 9th May 18, 2:42 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    Tryingin2018
    Or even cd16. Wishing the days away!
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 9th May 18, 8:35 PM
    • 383 Posts
    • 400 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    CD20 HappyLassie13
    CD16 Skimper

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD29 KatieBee123
    CD16 Tryingin2018
    CD10 PrettyKittyKat

CD16 Zeni
    CD10 Celepie

Nanyco
    CamelLady
    athensgeorgia
    SlothSocks
    wifeforlife

2018 Thread Graduates:
    Selement 9/3/2018
    Toots14 13/3/2018
    T4Taylor 29/3/2018
    NelliePie 13/4/2018
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 9th May 18, 8:39 PM
    • 383 Posts
    • 400 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    thrift360 It is so difficult not to symptom spot. Try and hold out until at aleast 10dpo if you can!

I've had alot of EWCM today, so I'm wondering if I may be ovulating. Going to try an early night tonight just incase
    • Gemini90
    • By Gemini90 11th May 18, 12:55 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Gemini90
    Hi hope you don't mind if I join? I'm CD7. I began my TTC journey last month and was over the moon when I got a BFP last Tuesday on a clear blue early detection test and then on a digi. However it wasn't to be because AF arrived on time at the weekend. Decided to wait until yesterday to test again and it was a BFN. I don't really know how I feel about testing early again, I'd want to save myself the heartache of knowing if I were to have another but part of me would want to know in case it becomes a recurring issue. Has anyone else experienced similar?
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 11th May 18, 5:59 PM
    • 383 Posts
    • 400 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    CD22 HappyLassie13
    CD18 Skimper

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD31 KatieBee123
    CD18 Tryingin2018
    CD12 PrettyKittyKat
    CD7 Gemini90

CD18 Zeni
    CD12 Celepie

Nanyco
    CamelLady
    athensgeorgia
    SlothSocks
    wifeforlife

2018 Thread Graduates:
    Selement 9/3/2018
    Toots14 13/3/2018
    T4Taylor 29/3/2018
    NelliePie 13/4/2018
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 11th May 18, 6:03 PM
    • 383 Posts
    • 400 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    Gemini90 Welcome to the thread! Early testing certainly has the risk of getting a BFP and it being a chemical pregnancy. I think ignorance is bliss, so try not to early test if you can.
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 12th May 18, 3:13 PM
    • 383 Posts
    • 400 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    CD23 HappyLassie13
    CD19 Skimper

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD32 KatieBee123
    CD19 Tryingin2018
    CD13 PrettyKittyKat
    CD8 Gemini90

CD19 Zeni
    CD13 Celepie

Nanyco
    CamelLady
    athensgeorgia
    SlothSocks
    wifeforlife

2018 Thread Graduates:
    Selement 9/3/2018
    Toots14 13/3/2018
    T4Taylor 29/3/2018
    NelliePie 13/4/2018
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,229Posts Today

7,753Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin