Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sexymouse
    • By sexymouse 13th Apr 16, 12:29 PM
    • 5,687Posts
    • 70,489Thanks
    sexymouse
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13
    • 13th Apr 16, 12:29 PM
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13 13th Apr 16 at 12:29 PM
    This is the new thread for those trying for a baby.
    The previous one is here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5143999

Please be aware that this is a thread for those trying to conceive. If you wish to announce a pregnancy (or are only a couple of days from testing) and you have never used this thread before, please either wait until CD1 or use the less than 12 weeks pregnant thread. Hormones can run high on here (nature of the thread!) so please be sensitive. Many thanks!

List of Users
    Alex_88 TTC #1 since 09/15
    angel11 (34) TTC #1 Since 08/15
    Apple1985 (30) TTC #1 Since 12/15
    big5
    (33) TTC #2 Since 2/16
    cats2012 (27) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    Clarabell1984 (31) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    easilydistracted (33) TTC#1 Since 01/16
    Keekee (38) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    MancMama4 (35) TTC #1 () Since 04/15
    Meepmeep (40) TTC #1 Since 01/16
    Midget1907 (29) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    Milliebob (27) TTC #2 Since 05/15
    newthrift (25) TTC #1 Since 11/15
    pinkpetal (36) TTC #1 Since 10/15
    sexymouse (32) TTC #3 (
    ) Since 02/16
    Tinks05 (27) TTC #1 Since 03/16
    VicVics (29) TTC #2 Since 04/16

Those with * used Preseed/Conceive Plus

Thread Graduates
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16
    newthrift BFP 23/5/16
    VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16

Link to abbreviations courtesy of MadMac from previous threads - http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/abbrevs.htm

The most common ones are:

AF - Aunt Flo (period)
    BFP - Big Fat Positive (+ on home pregnancy test)
    BD - Baby dance (making babies)
    CBFM - Clearblue fertility monitor
    CD - Cycle date (CD1 is the 1st day of period)
    DPO - Days past ovulation (if ovulation was on CD15, then that is 0DPO, CD16 is 1DPO)
    HPT - Home Pregnancy Test
    IC - Internet cheapie (IC OPKs, hpts)
    NTNP - Not trying not preventing (pregnancy)
    OV - ovulation
    OPK - ovulation predictor kits
    SBDTA - Sticky baby dust to all
    SS - symptom spotting
    Temp - temperature (BBT)
    TLP - Tiny little positive (faint positive on pregnancy test)

Also, an useful website telling you when to test, when you are ovulating and how the egg is developing etc found by Smash7 is here: http://www.pregnology.com

This website is also useful http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm
    It details the Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP) which some have found helpful in conceiving.

Some TMI cm pics here:
    http://www.fertilityuk.org/nfps401.html

Drugs you can take when pregnant
    Some CBFM FAQs
    Vitamins and minerals that can aid conception and pregnancy

Sensitivity of home pregnancy tests (lower = more sensitive, earlier results)
    Superdrug Own Brand (pink box - states can use 4 days before late AF on box) 10mIU
    First Vue dip tests (poundland) - 20mIU
    One step midstream (ALDI) - 25mIU
    Clearblue - 25mIU
    Clearblue Digital - 50mIU
    First response early response - 12.5mIU
    Boots own brand - 25mIU/50mIU
    Sainsburys own - 15mIU
    Tesco own - 25mIU
    ASDA own - 25mIU
    CBD with conception indicator - 25mIU

There is no such thing as a silly question, so please ask anything you are curious about. Many of us have 'been there done that' and many of our graduates still read this thread and are happy to offer advice when it is needed and relevant.

As with everything deemed medical, we cannot offer medical advice, so please visit or call your GP if you have any concerns or questions. Getting a preconception check up is recommended and allows your GP to know that you're trying for a baby as well as identifying and rectifying any issues or problems that may interfere with a pregnancy before you conceive.
    Last edited by sexymouse; 19-06-2016 at 9:06 PM.
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Poppy born 8/11/2015, rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
Page 223
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 12th Apr 18, 3:35 PM
    • 385 Posts
    • 401 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD88 athensgeorgia
    CD82 SlothSocks (26dpd5t)
    CD28 PrettyKittyKat
    CD27 NelliePie
    CD17 HappyLassie13 (4dpo)
    CD16 Skimper

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD23 Tryingin2018
    CD16 Zeni
    CD14 Celepie

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD34 wifeforlife

CD2 KatieBee123

Those we haven't heard from in a while:
    Nanyco
    CamelLady

When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up. If you would like adding to the lists just let me know what CD day you are (the first day of your period is CD1).

2018 Thread Graduates:
    Afoolandhermoney 23/01/2018
    Selement 9/3/2018
    Toots14 13/3/2018
    T4Taylor 29/3/2018
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 12th Apr 18, 3:37 PM
    • 385 Posts
    • 401 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    NelliePie !!!8211; I think Ovia always says to test at 12dpo, regardless of when your AF is due. Are you going to test tomorrow?
    HappyLassie !!!8211; I hope your chilled feeling continues!

5 days until AF is due for me. I am looking forward to getting AF out of the way so we can get back to trying after having this month off! I am definitely feeling a renewed positive attitude towards TTC.
    • KatieBee123
    • By KatieBee123 12th Apr 18, 7:55 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 399 Thanks
    KatieBee123
    Nellie - when will you test?

PKK - thanks for keeping on top of the lists it is appreciated! it is not until I look on here and I think oh I!!!8217;m on cd... when I thought I was further behind, if it wasn!!!8217;t for you I would not bother checking Ovia half the time, and I would probably be missing my fertile window!

I am hoping to be more relaxed myself this month, I am not doing opks as part of the trial but also I have my holiday coming up in three weeks so in all honesty my mind will hopefully be on that rather than doing Opks! I!!!8217;m looking forward to this trial for many reasons, and even if I don!!!8217;t get my BFP when doing the trial i will get clearblue opks at the end as a thank you anyway which have got to be more reliable than these old internet cheapies! And the 100 gift vouchers to treat myself so all is good. Feeling quite positive for cd2 lol!

Nearly the weekend ladies! Xx
    • Tryingin2018
    • By Tryingin2018 13th Apr 18, 7:10 AM
    • 59 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    Tryingin2018
    1 dpo for me

It's Friday!! Have a great day all. One more BD tonight then a lie in...bliss!!!
    • skimper
    • By skimper 13th Apr 18, 11:55 AM
    • 132 Posts
    • 109 Thanks
    skimper
    2dpo today.

Last night i had a dream i was in Disney land paris & had a son with me! Maybe a sign of thing to come haha.

If we don't conceive this cycle then i'll sign up for the clearblue trial, I tried last time but you have to have had 2 cycles since coming off the pill.
    Last edited by skimper; 13-04-2018 at 7:13 PM.
    • Tryingin2018
    • By Tryingin2018 13th Apr 18, 6:20 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    Tryingin2018
    Luteal buddy :-)

Does anybody else use the clear blue fertility monitor with the screen?
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 13th Apr 18, 8:03 PM
    • 385 Posts
    • 401 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    CD89 athensgeorgia
    CD83 SlothSocks (27dpd5t)
    CD29 PrettyKittyKat
    CD28 NelliePie
    CD24 Tryingin2018 (1dpo)
    CD18 HappyLassie13 (5dpo)
    CD17 Skimper (2dpo)

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD17 Zeni
    CD15 Celepie

CD35 wifeforlife
    CD3 KatieBee123

Nanyco
    CamelLady

When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up. If you would like adding to the lists just let me know what CD day you are (the first day of your period is CD1).

2018 Thread Graduates:
    Selement 9/3/2018
    Toots14 13/3/2018
    T4Taylor 29/3/2018
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 13th Apr 18, 8:05 PM
    • 385 Posts
    • 401 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    KatieBee123 I'm glad the lists are helpful I am struggling to update them daily at the moment so it's nice to know they are worthwhile haha I like them just as an easy way to keep track of where everyone is up to!
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 15th Apr 18, 10:27 AM
    • 385 Posts
    • 401 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    CD91 athensgeorgia
    CD85 SlothSocks (29dpd5t)
    CD37 wifeforlife
    CD31 PrettyKittyKat
    CD30 NelliePie
    CD26 Tryingin2018 (3dpo)
    CD20 HappyLassie13 (7dpo)
    CD19 Skimper (4dpo)

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD19 Zeni
    CD17 Celepie

CD5 KatieBee123

Nanyco
    CamelLady

2018 Thread Graduates:
    Selement 9/3/2018
    Toots14 13/3/2018
    T4Taylor 29/3/2018
    • NelliePie
    • By NelliePie 16th Apr 18, 7:42 AM
    • 152 Posts
    • 381 Thanks
    NelliePie
    Hi all, so on Friday morning (just before my OH left for work and I left for my hen do) I got a BFP! It was such a shock and I don't think we really took it in. OH picked my up and down me round he was so excited, then panicked if it was on to do that.

There were seven of us away this weekend (including both our mothers) and I had to tell my best friend for support - trying to avoid any alcohol wasn't easy, I ended up mixing fruit juices and lemonade to look like the cocktails they'd made, than water when we were out because of a 'headache'. I got home yesterday and did another and still BFP. So we went to a fancy restaurant to celebrate

I am so grateful for all of your wisdom and support. I know I've not been here long but I've been reading for much longer. If is OK I'll hang around for a bit. I this is the month for everyone and we can all graduate together.

BD to all.
    When life gives you lemons, find the tequila!
    FTB June '17 - 144k. Feb '18 - 141K
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 16th Apr 18, 7:44 AM
    • 206 Posts
    • 314 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    Congratulations xxx
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 16th Apr 18, 9:48 AM
    • 153 Posts
    • 276 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Congratulations Nellie!! I hope you enjoyed your Hen Do as well
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 16th Apr 18, 9:51 AM
    • 153 Posts
    • 276 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Nothing to report with myself at the moment. 8 dpo, feeling nothing at all, which does make a nice change from symptom spotting. Last cycle i was cramping at this time.

Hope you're all doing well, and BDing
    • skimper
    • By skimper 16th Apr 18, 1:34 PM
    • 132 Posts
    • 109 Thanks
    skimper
    Ahh congratulations Nellie! Hope you had a lovely Hen do, the wedding will be here before you know it.

Nothing to report here, trying to symptom spot but don't really know what I'm looking for haha. AF is due next Monday & i'm getting impatient. I can see why some of you end up going crazy in the 2 week wait.
    • Celepie
    • By Celepie 16th Apr 18, 2:44 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    Celepie
    Congrats Nellie! What lovely news!

I'm 1DPO today I think - felt like I ovulated late last night/early this morning. Managed to get a Peak on my fertility monitor yesterday and day before and it's back to High now today but not temping this month so can't be 100% sure. DTD O day, O-1 and O-2 so we've given it a decent shot at least. Now the waiting begins!
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 16th Apr 18, 2:54 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 276 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    We managed to BD 6 days before O, 4 days before, 2 days before, 1 day before, Ovulation day and 2 days after. So we have definitely covered all bases, but part of me thinks maybe too much.

We are quite a sexually active couple anyway, so i wouldn't really want to change our frequency.

AF is due on Saturday, so i'm going to wait until then. However my CB Study back doesn't want me to test until the 24th when i'd be 3 days late/Into my period.
    • Tryingin2018
    • By Tryingin2018 16th Apr 18, 7:24 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    Tryingin2018
    Evening all. Approx 4.dpo and due next Monday/Tuesday. Crazy sore nips but trying to ignore and not symptom spot.

If I don't catch this month, we are going to book Vegas for Christmas. Secretly hoping that the fertility god's will smile down on me for potentially planning something else and will throw a sticky one my way.

Huge congrats Nellie!
    • T4taylor
    • By T4taylor 17th Apr 18, 8:16 AM
    • 74 Posts
    • 88 Thanks
    T4taylor
    Congrats Nellie! I am still lurking as the less than 12 weeks board is very quiet x
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 17th Apr 18, 9:28 PM
    • 385 Posts
    • 401 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    CD93 athensgeorgia
    CD87 SlothSocks (31dpd5t)
    CD39 wifeforlife
    CD33 PrettyKittyKat
    CD28 Tryingin2018 (5dpo)
    CD22 HappyLassie13 (9dpo)
    CD21 Skimper (6dpo)
    CD19 Celepie (2dpo)

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD21 Zeni

CD7 KatieBee123

Nanyco
    CamelLady

2018 Thread Graduates:
    Selement 9/3/2018
    Toots14 13/3/2018
    T4Taylor 29/3/2018
    NelliePie 13/4/2018
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 17th Apr 18, 9:36 PM
    • 385 Posts
    • 401 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    NelliePie !!!8211; congratulations! Not such an unlucky Friday 13th for you then! Well done for keeping it concealed on your hen do, there is no way I could have done that! Haha One of my hen dos my cousin got me a huge black sambucca shot that I had to do as a dare, it was only like 8pm! Haha Good idea on making cocktails, it is definitely easier to conceal yours as none alcoholic then!

It sounds like there has been lots of well-timed BDing recently, I hope it leads to lots more graduations soon!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

138Posts Today

1,980Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin