Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sexymouse
    • By sexymouse 13th Apr 16, 12:29 PM
    • 5,687Posts
    • 70,489Thanks
    sexymouse
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13
    • 13th Apr 16, 12:29 PM
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13 13th Apr 16 at 12:29 PM
    This is the new thread for those trying for a baby.
    The previous one is here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5143999

Please be aware that this is a thread for those trying to conceive. If you wish to announce a pregnancy (or are only a couple of days from testing) and you have never used this thread before, please either wait until CD1 or use the less than 12 weeks pregnant thread. Hormones can run high on here (nature of the thread!) so please be sensitive. Many thanks!

List of Users
    Alex_88 TTC #1 since 09/15
    angel11 (34) TTC #1 Since 08/15
    Apple1985 (30) TTC #1 Since 12/15
    big5
    (33) TTC #2 Since 2/16
    cats2012 (27) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    Clarabell1984 (31) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    easilydistracted (33) TTC#1 Since 01/16
    Keekee (38) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    MancMama4 (35) TTC #1 () Since 04/15
    Meepmeep (40) TTC #1 Since 01/16
    Midget1907 (29) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    Milliebob (27) TTC #2 Since 05/15
    newthrift (25) TTC #1 Since 11/15
    pinkpetal (36) TTC #1 Since 10/15
    sexymouse (32) TTC #3 (
    ) Since 02/16
    Tinks05 (27) TTC #1 Since 03/16
    VicVics (29) TTC #2 Since 04/16

Those with * used Preseed/Conceive Plus

Thread Graduates
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16
    newthrift BFP 23/5/16
    VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16

Link to abbreviations courtesy of MadMac from previous threads - http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/abbrevs.htm

The most common ones are:

AF - Aunt Flo (period)
    BFP - Big Fat Positive (+ on home pregnancy test)
    BD - Baby dance (making babies)
    CBFM - Clearblue fertility monitor
    CD - Cycle date (CD1 is the 1st day of period)
    DPO - Days past ovulation (if ovulation was on CD15, then that is 0DPO, CD16 is 1DPO)
    HPT - Home Pregnancy Test
    IC - Internet cheapie (IC OPKs, hpts)
    NTNP - Not trying not preventing (pregnancy)
    OV - ovulation
    OPK - ovulation predictor kits
    SBDTA - Sticky baby dust to all
    SS - symptom spotting
    Temp - temperature (BBT)
    TLP - Tiny little positive (faint positive on pregnancy test)

Also, an useful website telling you when to test, when you are ovulating and how the egg is developing etc found by Smash7 is here: http://www.pregnology.com

This website is also useful http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm
    It details the Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP) which some have found helpful in conceiving.

Some TMI cm pics here:
    http://www.fertilityuk.org/nfps401.html

Drugs you can take when pregnant
    Some CBFM FAQs
    Vitamins and minerals that can aid conception and pregnancy

Sensitivity of home pregnancy tests (lower = more sensitive, earlier results)
    Superdrug Own Brand (pink box - states can use 4 days before late AF on box) 10mIU
    First Vue dip tests (poundland) - 20mIU
    One step midstream (ALDI) - 25mIU
    Clearblue - 25mIU
    Clearblue Digital - 50mIU
    First response early response - 12.5mIU
    Boots own brand - 25mIU/50mIU
    Sainsburys own - 15mIU
    Tesco own - 25mIU
    ASDA own - 25mIU
    CBD with conception indicator - 25mIU

There is no such thing as a silly question, so please ask anything you are curious about. Many of us have 'been there done that' and many of our graduates still read this thread and are happy to offer advice when it is needed and relevant.

As with everything deemed medical, we cannot offer medical advice, so please visit or call your GP if you have any concerns or questions. Getting a preconception check up is recommended and allows your GP to know that you're trying for a baby as well as identifying and rectifying any issues or problems that may interfere with a pregnancy before you conceive.
    Last edited by sexymouse; 19-06-2016 at 9:06 PM.
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Poppy born 8/11/2015, rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
Page 222
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 9th Apr 18, 10:41 PM
    • 545 Posts
    • 510 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    zeni I asked my Doctor about when they were do tests and she said it was the 1 year mark, I wonder why it is 2 for you?

KatieBee I am also in the group not using OPKs on the CB trial. I heard nothing when i sent my first sample back until the other day when they emailed to say that they had sent me the next pack (preg tests). The first day they want me to test is 18th, which is the day after Ovia predicts my period is due (which I think it the same estimated CB have also as they do say this is the first day you should test). Are you due to be away when AF is due? You could always call them and ask what date the next pack will be sent as you want to ensure you are home to receive it.
    • NelliePie
    • By NelliePie 10th Apr 18, 9:54 AM
    • 215 Posts
    • 480 Thanks
    NelliePie
    Hi all,
    CD 25 here, yesterday Ovia suggested I could test but isn't predicting AF until tomorrow. I'll want to just wait and see if AF arrives, but it's my hen do this weekend so will probably test on Friday morning if AF doesn't rear her ugly head before then. No real symptoms yet either way.

After reading an article online (don't ask me where) OH has started referring to AF as the LW - Lucifer's Waterfall! Which I think is both hilarious and fairy accurate
    Little One's due date 18/12/18
    5/5/18 I became Mrs Pie
    FTB June '17 - 144k motrgage
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 10th Apr 18, 10:08 AM
    • 218 Posts
    • 380 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Ha Ha Nellie Pie i love that!
    I may start using LW myself.
    • NelliePie
    • By NelliePie 10th Apr 18, 10:34 AM
    • 215 Posts
    • 480 Thanks
    NelliePie
    HappyLassie I'm not sure what he's been reading (and I don't think I want to know) but at least he's trying and reading something about menstruation without me asking him to
    5/5/18 I became Mrs Pie
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 10th Apr 18, 11:04 AM
    • 218 Posts
    • 380 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    NelliePie its so good when they get involved isn't it?
    My OH has been reading up on Percentages on each day of the fertile window... i don't know why, but it made me happy.
    • KatieBee123
    • By KatieBee123 10th Apr 18, 2:25 PM
    • 113 Posts
    • 437 Thanks
    KatieBee123
    PKK - I was worried because I thought I might receive something whilst away but it sounds like they send you tests they want done in plenty of time before AF shows, I can take tests and samples away with me if needed and post them back when I come home, is it just tests the want you to take or urine samples aswell? Xx
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 10th Apr 18, 2:42 PM
    • 218 Posts
    • 380 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    I got two pregnancy tests in the first pack i received and was only asked to take one and urine sample. So i still have one waiting at home for them to tell me when to test. Is this the same with you KatieBee and PKK?
    • Tryingin2018
    • By Tryingin2018 10th Apr 18, 8:21 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 96 Thanks
    Tryingin2018
    Evening all. Cd21 today. Last month I got my first peak cd20, this morning my cbfm read high. Did a cheapy opk this afternoon and it's almost positive looking so ovulation appears to finally be on the way so expecting a peak tomorrow. We've managed to BD 6 out of the last 9 days and hoping to cover the next three nights too.

A question: does anybody else have a relatively short luteal phase? Mines 11 days and not sure it's long enough
    • KatieBee123
    • By KatieBee123 10th Apr 18, 8:33 PM
    • 113 Posts
    • 437 Thanks
    KatieBee123
    Happylassie - yeh that was the same for me, to be honest I was premature telling them AF had shown I had some spotting Thursday and heavier spotting on Friday this happened last month and AF arrived in force the next day, so Thursday I let them know had my pack Saturday and tested and sent it back but AF still has not arrived it!!!8217;s cd31 today last month was a 27 day cycle so not sure what is going on. Def not pregnant and have sharp pains on my right side today so I imagine the witch is not far away!

Trying - my luteal phase changes from month to month. I was worried as I had a 10 day phase one cycle so researched and apparently as long as it!!!8217;s 10 or more days that!!!8217;s plenty of time for the egg to implant and produce hcg, the problem was the minute my luteal phase got longer I was convinced I was going to get a BFP
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 10th Apr 18, 8:55 PM
    • 545 Posts
    • 510 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD86 athensgeorgia
    CD80 SlothSocks (24dpd5t)
    CD31 KatieBee123
    CD26 PrettyKittyKat
    CD25 NelliePie
    CD15 HappyLassie13 (2dpo)

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD21 Tryingin2018
    CD14 Zeni

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD32 wifeforlife
    CD14 Skimper
    CD12 Celepie

Those we haven't heard from in a while:
    Nanyco
    CamelLady

When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up. If you would like adding to the lists just let me know what CD day you are (the first day of your period is CD1).

2018 Thread Graduates:
    Afoolandhermoney 23/01/2018
    Selement 9/3/2018
    Toots14 13/3/2018
    T4Taylor 29/3/2018
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 10th Apr 18, 9:01 PM
    • 545 Posts
    • 510 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    My second pack has 5 lots of urine sample pots and pregnant tests, plus 3 spares, which it says are in case you get an error. The pack asks you to test on a certain day then if not pregnant and no AF you continue testing every 5 days until AF arrives or you get a positive result. I am guessing for the next months pack they will send you extras to 'top up' what you have used and spares again. Then I am guessing at the end of the study you will be asked to return any unused tests, as there is always a line about the items provided only being for use of the study. Although it would be nice to have some digital sticks to use after the study as they are so expensive to buy, plus if they send spares who is to say whether you have used them? I know I wasn't asked if I used both from the initial pack or not.
    • Zeni
    • By Zeni 10th Apr 18, 10:53 PM
    • 408 Posts
    • 808 Thanks
    Zeni
    I wish my OH was like a lot of your ladies, I think he finds the pressure of it a lot and so I don't really go into much detail with it anymore and just tend to keep track for myself. Either that or after so many times where it hasn't happened he's starting to think he is the ones whos the issue.
    Swagbuckling since Aug 2016 - Earnings so far.. 55.
    • NelliePie
    • By NelliePie 11th Apr 18, 9:43 AM
    • 215 Posts
    • 480 Thanks
    NelliePie
    I'm a bit confused, Ovia suggested testing from Monday however it's now not predicting AF until Thursday but when I checked yesterday is definitely said today and I'm not sure why it's moved or why the big difference between testing date and AF due.
    TMI but the past 3 nights I've has really vivid dreams (mainly about BD with my OH). Anyone else get these before AF? I've never really had them this consistently vivid before. I'm sure you can guess but trying to avoid symptom spotting isn't going well.
    5/5/18 I became Mrs Pie
    • skimper
    • By skimper 11th Apr 18, 10:22 AM
    • 166 Posts
    • 157 Thanks
    skimper
    My OH is pretty interested in the whole thing, when I tell him its fertile week every morning he asks what the OPK says & in the 2 week wait is always asking when I can test.

Got a faint positive on an OV test this morning, we managed to BD last night & hopefully tonight depending on what time he gets in from work. Its been pretty hard getting the BD in this fertile week, he's getting in from work as I'm already in bed.
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 11th Apr 18, 5:13 PM
    • 218 Posts
    • 380 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    3dpo over here.
    Completely chilled on this cycle and I!!!8217;m really not sure why. I just feel so laid back. Hopefully I can keep up this new found attitude until a BFP or AF arrives. Symptom spotting is tiresome and irritating so I hope to avoid it this time round. Fingers crossed
    • KatieBee123
    • By KatieBee123 11th Apr 18, 9:47 PM
    • 113 Posts
    • 437 Thanks
    KatieBee123
    cd1

Onto a new month :/
    • Tryingin2018
    • By Tryingin2018 12th Apr 18, 7:17 AM
    • 82 Posts
    • 96 Thanks
    Tryingin2018
    O day for me. Oh looks knackered!
    • NelliePie
    • By NelliePie 12th Apr 18, 8:32 AM
    • 215 Posts
    • 480 Thanks
    NelliePie
    CD27 here, AF predicted today but is a no show so far. It's my hen do this weekend, if AF shows I'm usually crampy and a bit miserable for a day or two and if I'm pregnant I don't know how I'll keep it in all weekend with my closest friends mum and MIL there!

I'm struggling with concentration today - I'm trying not to but I'm symptom spotting every last thing trying to decipher if AF is on her way or not.
    5/5/18 I became Mrs Pie
    • skimper
    • By skimper 12th Apr 18, 9:32 AM
    • 166 Posts
    • 157 Thanks
    skimper
    CD16 for me, Can i be moved to the TWW please?
    • Celepie
    • By Celepie 12th Apr 18, 3:03 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 142 Thanks
    Celepie
    Can I be moved to If in doubt, BD zone please? Should be ovulating Sunday/Monday if my body behaves. Need to try and inspire some DTD as we're both knackered this week.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

260Posts Today

2,168Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin