Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sexymouse
    • By sexymouse 13th Apr 16, 12:29 PM
    • 5,687Posts
    • 70,489Thanks
    sexymouse
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13
    • 13th Apr 16, 12:29 PM
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13 13th Apr 16 at 12:29 PM
    This is the new thread for those trying for a baby.
    The previous one is here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5143999

Please be aware that this is a thread for those trying to conceive. If you wish to announce a pregnancy (or are only a couple of days from testing) and you have never used this thread before, please either wait until CD1 or use the less than 12 weeks pregnant thread. Hormones can run high on here (nature of the thread!) so please be sensitive. Many thanks!

List of Users
    Alex_88 TTC #1 since 09/15
    angel11 (34) TTC #1 Since 08/15
    Apple1985 (30) TTC #1 Since 12/15
    big5
    (33) TTC #2 Since 2/16
    cats2012 (27) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    Clarabell1984 (31) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    easilydistracted (33) TTC#1 Since 01/16
    Keekee (38) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    MancMama4 (35) TTC #1 () Since 04/15
    Meepmeep (40) TTC #1 Since 01/16
    Midget1907 (29) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    Milliebob (27) TTC #2 Since 05/15
    newthrift (25) TTC #1 Since 11/15
    pinkpetal (36) TTC #1 Since 10/15
    sexymouse (32) TTC #3 (
    ) Since 02/16
    Tinks05 (27) TTC #1 Since 03/16
    VicVics (29) TTC #2 Since 04/16

Those with * used Preseed/Conceive Plus

Thread Graduates
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16
    newthrift BFP 23/5/16
    VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16

Link to abbreviations courtesy of MadMac from previous threads - http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/abbrevs.htm

The most common ones are:

AF - Aunt Flo (period)
    BFP - Big Fat Positive (+ on home pregnancy test)
    BD - Baby dance (making babies)
    CBFM - Clearblue fertility monitor
    CD - Cycle date (CD1 is the 1st day of period)
    DPO - Days past ovulation (if ovulation was on CD15, then that is 0DPO, CD16 is 1DPO)
    HPT - Home Pregnancy Test
    IC - Internet cheapie (IC OPKs, hpts)
    NTNP - Not trying not preventing (pregnancy)
    OV - ovulation
    OPK - ovulation predictor kits
    SBDTA - Sticky baby dust to all
    SS - symptom spotting
    Temp - temperature (BBT)
    TLP - Tiny little positive (faint positive on pregnancy test)

Also, an useful website telling you when to test, when you are ovulating and how the egg is developing etc found by Smash7 is here: http://www.pregnology.com

This website is also useful http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm
    It details the Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP) which some have found helpful in conceiving.

Some TMI cm pics here:
    http://www.fertilityuk.org/nfps401.html

Drugs you can take when pregnant
    Some CBFM FAQs
    Vitamins and minerals that can aid conception and pregnancy

Sensitivity of home pregnancy tests (lower = more sensitive, earlier results)
    Superdrug Own Brand (pink box - states can use 4 days before late AF on box) 10mIU
    First Vue dip tests (poundland) - 20mIU
    One step midstream (ALDI) - 25mIU
    Clearblue - 25mIU
    Clearblue Digital - 50mIU
    First response early response - 12.5mIU
    Boots own brand - 25mIU/50mIU
    Sainsburys own - 15mIU
    Tesco own - 25mIU
    ASDA own - 25mIU
    CBD with conception indicator - 25mIU

There is no such thing as a silly question, so please ask anything you are curious about. Many of us have 'been there done that' and many of our graduates still read this thread and are happy to offer advice when it is needed and relevant.

As with everything deemed medical, we cannot offer medical advice, so please visit or call your GP if you have any concerns or questions. Getting a preconception check up is recommended and allows your GP to know that you're trying for a baby as well as identifying and rectifying any issues or problems that may interfere with a pregnancy before you conceive.
    Last edited by sexymouse; 19-06-2016 at 9:06 PM.
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Poppy born 8/11/2015, rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
Page 221
    • KatieBee123
    • By KatieBee123 4th Apr 18, 7:43 PM
    • 88 Posts
    • 395 Thanks
    KatieBee123
    Sorry to hear that Rambosmum wishing you all the luck when you are ready to try xxxx
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 5th Apr 18, 8:31 AM
    • 151 Posts
    • 273 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Nothing much going on here, apart from lots of BD'ing.
    Fertile window is now and ovulation due on Saturday according to 2 apps.
    • KatieBee123
    • By KatieBee123 5th Apr 18, 2:41 PM
    • 88 Posts
    • 395 Thanks
    KatieBee123
    Another negative test and some spotting today so no doubt AF is on the way now.

This is so depressing. I have been reading statistics on normal couples conceiving. A third conceive on the first cycle, and then the majority have conceived by cycle 6. Something like 82% of couples at this point. by the point of 1 year of trying 96% of couples have conceived. So between 6-12 months of trying there!!!8217;s not a big a chance as if it was the first 6 months.

How many months have you ladies been trying? How long did it take you to conceive your first etc?

I just feel like Cycle four is passing and still no BFP. If I have not conceived by cycle 6 I know I will be beside myself because the chances of conceiving are less than they were the previous 6 cycles. Statistically speaking.

Considering how apparently easy it is for women to get pregnant from missing one pill, or having unprotected sex that one time. I!!!8217;m not sure I actually believe half of the women I know who!!!8217;s children were !!!8220;surprises!!!8221;. How can you track cycle after cycle, temp, do opks and we aren!!!8217;t that lucky?
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 5th Apr 18, 2:51 PM
    • 201 Posts
    • 310 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    We!!!8217;ve been trying just over two years now. OH is away every other six weeks so we can!!!8217;t try each month. We got our bfp about seven months after I stopped the pill but had a MC.
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 5th Apr 18, 3:26 PM
    • 151 Posts
    • 273 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    My OH turned to me last night and said "i thought we would just have sex and you'd be pregnant", naively i thought the same, because (as i've said previously) this what we are lead all of our teenage years to believe.

KatieBee this is cycle 5 for us.
    • Celepie
    • By Celepie 5th Apr 18, 4:17 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    Celepie
    We're about to embark on Cycle 4, although I had a chem preg Cycle 1 so I guess that resets it a bit. I think I'll feel a bit meh if we don't manage it this cycle. I'm pretty sure I'm ovulating properly, we know OH's swimmers work, but it just seems like such an elusive thing. Like we are literally designed to do this, so how can it be so hard?!

And yes, I spent my 20s terrified about getting pregnant. Now I wonder why I was so bothered!
    • KatieBee123
    • By KatieBee123 5th Apr 18, 7:34 PM
    • 88 Posts
    • 395 Thanks
    KatieBee123
    Ladies I literally could not agree more, being younger and having sex you are terrified of getting pregnant, it is almost like your worst nightmare throughout your teens and early twenties, even later for some ladies. The minute you start trying it is like your body cannot do what it is supposed to
    • skimper
    • By skimper 5th Apr 18, 10:02 PM
    • 131 Posts
    • 109 Thanks
    skimper
    This is our 2nd cycle, just about to enter our fertile week.

OH said after the first cycle he was surprised we weren't pregnant because we did everything right at the right time. Is agree I spent all my younger 20's scared of missing a pill and thinking you could get pregnant at any time. It's only now that I've realised it's only 1 week where it's possible.
    • Tryingin2018
    • By Tryingin2018 6th Apr 18, 7:25 AM
    • 58 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    Tryingin2018
    About to go into the fertile period of our second month trying. I do worry. I couldn't have done any more last month, did the deed on every recommended day and nothing. Does make you wonder. Wish I'd never bothered with birth control with the chances being so low.

Cd17 for me. Think body is gearing up to ovulate so will be kept busy all weekend. Sending out positivity to everybody. It will happen x
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 6th Apr 18, 8:13 AM
    • 151 Posts
    • 273 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    I'm due to ovulate tomorrow according to the apps.

We DTD on Sunday, Monday and Wednesday, but now we have both come down with the lurgy so i think our chances of conceiving this month are out the window.
    • NelliePie
    • By NelliePie 6th Apr 18, 9:11 AM
    • 152 Posts
    • 381 Thanks
    NelliePie
    We're on our third cycle of trying, although the first month we were NTNP so probably doesn't count.
    Currently in the 2WW, CD 21. AF is due (but hopefully won't arrive) on Thursday. We went to our friends wedding last night and it was lovely, its only 29 days to ours now so definitely feeling loved up. OH is on his stag-do this weekend and I'm on my hen do next weekend, which has worked out pretty well as the weekend after is the start of the next FW.

I hope you all have a great weekend
    When life gives you lemons, find the tequila!
    FTB June '17 - 144k. Feb '18 - 141K
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 7th Apr 18, 3:58 PM
    • 151 Posts
    • 273 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Well we have managed to BD last night and this morning and ovulation is due tomorrow. We have all our fingers and toes crossed. We had to go baby shopping today as one of OHs best friends is due to become a father anytime now. We saw loads of things we!!!8217;d love to be able to buy for our own little bundle so the broodiness really hit us hard today. Hope you!!!8217;re all doing well and are having a lovely Saturday.
    • KatieBee123
    • By KatieBee123 8th Apr 18, 9:16 AM
    • 88 Posts
    • 395 Thanks
    KatieBee123
    Ladies, quick question when sending your samples back for the trial, do you put your prepaid envelope in the post box or do you take into the post office? Xx
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 8th Apr 18, 1:02 PM
    • 151 Posts
    • 273 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    I just posted mine in the post box
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 8th Apr 18, 3:42 PM
    • 381 Posts
    • 400 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD84 athensgeorgia
    CD78 SlothSocks (22dpd5t)
    CD37 T4Taylor (19dpo)
    CD29 KatieBee123
    CD24 PrettyKittyKat
    CD23 NelliePie

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD19 Tryingin2018
    CD13 HappyLassie13

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD35 Zeni
    CD30 wifeforlife
    CD12 Skimper
    CD10 Celepie

Those we haven't heard from in a while:
    Nanyco
    CamelLady

When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up. If you would like adding to the lists just let me know what CD day you are (the first day of your period is CD1).

2018 Thread Graduates:
    Afoolandhermoney 23/01/2018
    Selement 9/3/2018
    Toots14 13/3/2018
    T4Taylor 29/3/2018
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 8th Apr 18, 3:48 PM
    • 381 Posts
    • 400 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    Rambosmum I am so sorry that the subsequent tests were not what you wished. I hope you and your OH are doing as ok as you can.

KatieBee we have been trying for 3 cycles, although one of those cycles (the 3rd) we didnt DTD at all around fertile week due to illness. The 2nd cycle we used OPKs and timed everything perfectly so I felt very deflated when I didnt get pregnant. I am currently in my 4th cycle but not trying this month (avoided DTD in fertile window!) as it would be a Christmas baby. So next cycle is my 5th cycle since starting to try although it will only be the 3rd cycle we have tried if that ramble makes any sense at all! Haha I actually think this cycle and last cycle being not trying months has actually given my come perspective back, although I am sure once we are back on it next month I will go back to crazy trying to make a baby lady again! Haha

We are back from our week away and it was wonderful! It was so nice to spend time an extended time with family, we filled our week with lots of games and laughter which was lovely! Not just a MASSIVE pile of washing to do!

I have updated the lists, as it has been a week since I last did them there may be errors so please let me know if you are on the wrong CD or in the wrong section.

Athensgeorgia, slothsocks, zeni, wifeforlife how are you all getting on?
    Last edited by PrettyKittyKat; 08-04-2018 at 3:50 PM. Reason: Removed punctuation due to formatting error
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 9th Apr 18, 8:11 AM
    • 151 Posts
    • 273 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Hi PKK glad you enjoyed your week away.

I am now 1 DPO so can i be moved to the two week wait please?
    • Zeni
    • By Zeni 9th Apr 18, 10:53 AM
    • 400 Posts
    • 787 Thanks
    Zeni
    I've been off for a bit but currently CD13 think I'll OV today or tomorrow already woken up with what i can guess is OV pains!

Reading all the latest comments about worrying about getting pregnant when you were younger.. so true. I figured it would be so easy and the times I sat when my period was late thinking 'Oh no'. Now I sit there praying it won't come.
    I'd say time trying over a year into this but probably looking back about 9 cycles where I thought I'd done everything at the right time. Just kind of feel a bit like giving up these days now! Doc says have to wait till the two-year point but the fact I'm ovulating regularly every month is a good sign.
    Swagbuckling since Aug 2016 - Earnings so far.. 55.
    • KatieBee123
    • By KatieBee123 9th Apr 18, 8:35 PM
    • 88 Posts
    • 395 Thanks
    KatieBee123
    Ladies on the clearblue trial, I am not doing any opks for two months. But I am worried they may send me sample requests when I go away, I have returned my first pack with my urine sample and test, what do I wait for next? Or do they just send me enough tests and sample bottles for two months with days they want me to test?

Thanks all xxx
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 9th Apr 18, 10:39 PM
    • 381 Posts
    • 400 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD85 athensgeorgia
    CD79 SlothSocks (23dpd5t)
    CD30 KatieBee123
    CD25 PrettyKittyKat
    CD24 NelliePie
    CD14 HappyLassie13 (1dpo)

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD20 Tryingin2018
    CD13 Zeni

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD31 wifeforlife
    CD13 Skimper
    CD11 Celepie

Those we haven't heard from in a while:
    Nanyco
    CamelLady

When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up. If you would like adding to the lists just let me know what CD day you are (the first day of your period is CD1).

2018 Thread Graduates:
    Afoolandhermoney 23/01/2018
    Selement 9/3/2018
    Toots14 13/3/2018
    T4Taylor 29/3/2018
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,438Posts Today

8,011Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin