Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sexymouse
    • By sexymouse 13th Apr 16, 12:29 PM
    • 5,687Posts
    • 70,489Thanks
    sexymouse
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13
    • 13th Apr 16, 12:29 PM
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13 13th Apr 16 at 12:29 PM
    This is the new thread for those trying for a baby.
    The previous one is here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5143999

Please be aware that this is a thread for those trying to conceive. If you wish to announce a pregnancy (or are only a couple of days from testing) and you have never used this thread before, please either wait until CD1 or use the less than 12 weeks pregnant thread. Hormones can run high on here (nature of the thread!) so please be sensitive. Many thanks!

List of Users
    Alex_88 TTC #1 since 09/15
    angel11 (34) TTC #1 Since 08/15
    Apple1985 (30) TTC #1 Since 12/15
    big5
    (33) TTC #2 Since 2/16
    cats2012 (27) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    Clarabell1984 (31) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    easilydistracted (33) TTC#1 Since 01/16
    Keekee (38) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    MancMama4 (35) TTC #1 () Since 04/15
    Meepmeep (40) TTC #1 Since 01/16
    Midget1907 (29) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    Milliebob (27) TTC #2 Since 05/15
    newthrift (25) TTC #1 Since 11/15
    pinkpetal (36) TTC #1 Since 10/15
    sexymouse (32) TTC #3 (
    ) Since 02/16
    Tinks05 (27) TTC #1 Since 03/16
    VicVics (29) TTC #2 Since 04/16

Those with * used Preseed/Conceive Plus

Thread Graduates
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16
    newthrift BFP 23/5/16
    VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16

Link to abbreviations courtesy of MadMac from previous threads - http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/abbrevs.htm

The most common ones are:

AF - Aunt Flo (period)
    BFP - Big Fat Positive (+ on home pregnancy test)
    BD - Baby dance (making babies)
    CBFM - Clearblue fertility monitor
    CD - Cycle date (CD1 is the 1st day of period)
    DPO - Days past ovulation (if ovulation was on CD15, then that is 0DPO, CD16 is 1DPO)
    HPT - Home Pregnancy Test
    IC - Internet cheapie (IC OPKs, hpts)
    NTNP - Not trying not preventing (pregnancy)
    OV - ovulation
    OPK - ovulation predictor kits
    SBDTA - Sticky baby dust to all
    SS - symptom spotting
    Temp - temperature (BBT)
    TLP - Tiny little positive (faint positive on pregnancy test)

Also, an useful website telling you when to test, when you are ovulating and how the egg is developing etc found by Smash7 is here: http://www.pregnology.com

This website is also useful http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm
    It details the Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP) which some have found helpful in conceiving.

Some TMI cm pics here:
    http://www.fertilityuk.org/nfps401.html

Drugs you can take when pregnant
    Some CBFM FAQs
    Vitamins and minerals that can aid conception and pregnancy

Sensitivity of home pregnancy tests (lower = more sensitive, earlier results)
    Superdrug Own Brand (pink box - states can use 4 days before late AF on box) 10mIU
    First Vue dip tests (poundland) - 20mIU
    One step midstream (ALDI) - 25mIU
    Clearblue - 25mIU
    Clearblue Digital - 50mIU
    First response early response - 12.5mIU
    Boots own brand - 25mIU/50mIU
    Sainsburys own - 15mIU
    Tesco own - 25mIU
    ASDA own - 25mIU
    CBD with conception indicator - 25mIU

There is no such thing as a silly question, so please ask anything you are curious about. Many of us have 'been there done that' and many of our graduates still read this thread and are happy to offer advice when it is needed and relevant.

As with everything deemed medical, we cannot offer medical advice, so please visit or call your GP if you have any concerns or questions. Getting a preconception check up is recommended and allows your GP to know that you're trying for a baby as well as identifying and rectifying any issues or problems that may interfere with a pregnancy before you conceive.
    Last edited by sexymouse; 19-06-2016 at 9:06 PM.
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Poppy born 8/11/2015, rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
Page 214
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 13th Mar 18, 4:26 PM
    • 379 Posts
    • 399 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    TTC Thread

Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD130 Nanyco
    CD60 CamelLady (43dpo)
    CD58 athensgeorgia
    CD47 PrettyKittyKat (26dpo)
    CD24 Tryingin2018 (4dpo)
    CD23 NelliePie (9dpo)

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD52 SlothSocks
    CD13 Celepie
    CD12 Skimper
    CD11 T4Taylor
    CD10 HappyLassie13
    CD10 Rambosmum

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD9 Zeni
    CD4 wifeforlife
    CD3 KatieBee123

Those we haven't heard from in a while:

When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up. If you would like adding to the lists just let me know what CD day you are (the first day of your period is CD1).

2018 Thread Graduates:
    Afoolandhermoney - 23/01/2018
    Selement 9/3/2018
    Toots14 13/3/2018
    Last edited by PrettyKittyKat; 13-03-2018 at 7:58 PM.
    • Toots14
    • By Toots14 13th Mar 18, 6:09 PM
    • 244 Posts
    • 435 Thanks
    Toots14
    Couldn't wait! I got a positive on a first response so I guess I'm pregnant!

I hope to see you all graduating very soon. My fingers will be crossed for you all. The support on this thread is the best!
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 13th Mar 18, 7:28 PM
    • 148 Posts
    • 270 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Massive congratulations Toots !!!9786;!!!65039;
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 13th Mar 18, 7:58 PM
    • 379 Posts
    • 399 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    Congratulations Toots! I will update you to a graduate
    • KatieBee123
    • By KatieBee123 13th Mar 18, 9:53 PM
    • 88 Posts
    • 395 Thanks
    KatieBee123
    Congratulations toots! How long were you ttcing for?

Xx
    • Rambosmum
    • By Rambosmum 14th Mar 18, 9:12 AM
    • 1,665 Posts
    • 2,187 Thanks
    Rambosmum
    Fab news toots!
    • NelliePie
    • By NelliePie 14th Mar 18, 9:16 AM
    • 151 Posts
    • 379 Thanks
    NelliePie
    Congratulations Toots! Have you told your OH? I'm always interested in how people break the news and OH's reactions to the news. How are you feeling?

SlothSocks Try to stay positive, you have eggs - plural! and like you said it only takes one. I'll keep everything crossed for you.
    Last edited by NelliePie; 14-03-2018 at 9:16 AM. Reason: Typo
    When life gives you lemons, find the tequila!
    FTB June '17 - 144k. Feb '18 - 141K
    • NelliePie
    • By NelliePie 14th Mar 18, 10:17 AM
    • 151 Posts
    • 379 Thanks
    NelliePie
    CD24, AF is due Friday and I'm trying to do anything other than symptom spot which of course means I'm doing nothing but symptom spot. I am at work so can keep busy but anytime there's a spare moment I can't help thinking about it. What do you all do when trying to distract yourself and take your mind off it?
    When life gives you lemons, find the tequila!
    FTB June '17 - 144k. Feb '18 - 141K
    • Toots14
    • By Toots14 14th Mar 18, 10:34 AM
    • 244 Posts
    • 435 Thanks
    Toots14
    I came off the pill in July but had some issues with a nerve in my shoulder so we started trying September but not seriously. DH also wanted to wait for a labour de-brief from the hospital which we got late last year so in January I started OPKs again and took it very serious then! The month we fell with DD we DTD the day before OV and day of OV. Same happened this month!

I didn't tell him I was testing and walked through to the bedroom waving the stick in the air. He asked what that meant and I told him we were having another baby. He was a bit shocked. He is such a worrier and did the whole 9 months last time so I think this time will be worse!

Thank you for all your wishes!
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 14th Mar 18, 4:15 PM
    • 148 Posts
    • 270 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Does anyone else find it difficult to think of other things?
    I know i have ovulated yet (due to Friday) yet all i can think about is, "what if this is the month?" etc...
    Makes the days drag but when i try and occupy myself i get drawn back into it...
    Going to a wedding fayre tonight so that may take my mind off it, for a little while at least ha ha
    • KatieBee123
    • By KatieBee123 14th Mar 18, 6:49 PM
    • 88 Posts
    • 395 Thanks
    KatieBee123
    Toots - thanks for sharing, I am starting to get so impatient this will be cycle 4 of ttcing now. I know people try for longer but in all honesty how they keep their sanity is beyond me.

Happylassie - I struggle to think of anything else tbh. The only time it leaves my mind is when AF arrives, that seems to be the quickest 4 days of the month then every day after that drags! I am waiting for ov then waiting for 7dpo to start testing then when there is still no bfp i keep telling myself some people don!!!8217;t get bfps until AF is due. And then AF arrives :@

I know I am only on cycle 4 but in my mind back in January I never imagined going into April and not being pregnant yet

To make matters worse there is a lady in Work who has announced her pregnancy I am of course so pleased for her but it is hard to think of anything else when every conversation consists of the office being reminded she is pregnant.

How does everyone else cope? Xx
    • Tryingin2018
    • By Tryingin2018 14th Mar 18, 7:24 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    Tryingin2018
    5dpo today. Had AF like cramps earlier which wasn't pleasant. Days are going quickly though so it's a welcome distraction, I'm so busy at work. If I have too much time on my hands I obsess
    • Rambosmum
    • By Rambosmum 15th Mar 18, 9:24 AM
    • 1,665 Posts
    • 2,187 Thanks
    Rambosmum
    HappyLassie - yeah I find it difficult to think of anythign else, even though this is really only cycle one, I'm now 2 dpo and just can't think of anything else, despite being quite relaxed about whether or not I want another child at all! I think the difference is, I just don't like the not knowing.

Can I be changed to 2WW 2dpo (cd13)
    • T4taylor
    • By T4taylor 15th Mar 18, 9:43 AM
    • 74 Posts
    • 88 Thanks
    T4taylor
    KatieBee, HappyLassie and Rambomum I am exactly the same! Now on cycle 5 and I think it is because I am so organised in the rest of my life and we have control over almost everything so I assumed 2018 September baby- no prob!
    I think about it all day every day, going on different forums and groups, taking my folic acid and EPO, looking at my temperature cycle. It is crazy because I am so busy at work and trying to buy a house but my body clock takes over everything. I even got offered a big opportunity yesterday and said yes but in my head I was thinking can I get out of this as it is not what I want right now. I am right in the middle of fertile week and feeling the pressure, although trying not to show it to hubby.
    Going for every other day this month as strong swimmers can take 48hrs so if anything I will have to play it cool with him, in case he is more eager!
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 15th Mar 18, 11:36 AM
    • 148 Posts
    • 270 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    KatieBee that's exactly how i'm feeling now, waiting for ovulation, so then i can wait to test, etc. Its such an obsession. I have a busy day today and tomorrow and a full diary with work next week so hopefully that should keep me sane, or at least i can hope.
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 15th Mar 18, 11:40 AM
    • 148 Posts
    • 270 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    RambosMum, T4Taylor you've both hit the nail on the head, having no control and not knowing what is happening inside your body is excactly why we obsess.
    Naively we are brought up to think, on BD and you'll be pregnant so be very careful, and it really isn't the case. I for one did not realise how much effort, on timing etc went into it.
    You expect to decide to have a child, DTD and bam 9months later a little bamino in your arms.

I'm due to ovulate tomorrow, from my app, we've DTD Sunday, Tuesday hopefully tonight and then we'll try for tomorrow as well and saturday just to see that we've covered ovulation. But then i worry it's too much or too little ha ha.

That's my little rant of today.
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 15th Mar 18, 1:34 PM
    • 200 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    Happylassie. Thats exactly what Ive said to friends, you get told at school, keep away from boys you will get pregnant but in reality its not that simple for most.
    Its now two years since I stopped taking the pill.
    I need to get realistic and start thinking about how it might not happen for us.
    OH has said once the wedding is out of the way we should go to the drs. I had 21 day blood done before which confirmed I ovulate.
    I guess I!!!8217;m scared of a doctor telling us it might never happen. If We dont go then we dont get bad results if you see what i mean.
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 15th Mar 18, 2:03 PM
    • 148 Posts
    • 270 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Munchkin it is most definitely harder than the picture they paint. I came off the Pill in November (so not long really) but i thought "oh January will give us what we want"

I do see what you mean, no news is good news as they say. However, if there were bad results at least there are other avenues and options to try, but none of us want to hear it.

When is your wedding? My OH and I are putting a deposit down on our venue on Sunday, exciting times. although we aren't tying the knot until November 2020.
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 15th Mar 18, 2:06 PM
    • 200 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    Our wedding is June so really not long at all.
    Think Im just feeling a bit negative about TTC at the minute. OH is away and my grandma is still not well and the redundancy last month.
    Just got a lot on and none of it seems positive.
    Apart from the wedding.
    Sorry, feeling a bit sorry for myself today.
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 15th Mar 18, 2:13 PM
    • 148 Posts
    • 270 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Munckin we all have to feel a bit sorry for ourselves every now and again. It's a roller coaster of emotions. Life loves testing us, that's for sure.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4Posts Today

4,001Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin