Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sexymouse
    • By sexymouse 13th Apr 16, 12:29 PM
    • 5,687Posts
    • 70,489Thanks
    sexymouse
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13
    • 13th Apr 16, 12:29 PM
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13 13th Apr 16 at 12:29 PM
    This is the new thread for those trying for a baby.
    The previous one is here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5143999

Please be aware that this is a thread for those trying to conceive. If you wish to announce a pregnancy (or are only a couple of days from testing) and you have never used this thread before, please either wait until CD1 or use the less than 12 weeks pregnant thread. Hormones can run high on here (nature of the thread!) so please be sensitive. Many thanks!

List of Users
    Alex_88 TTC #1 since 09/15
    angel11 (34) TTC #1 Since 08/15
    Apple1985 (30) TTC #1 Since 12/15
    big5
    (33) TTC #2 Since 2/16
    cats2012 (27) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    Clarabell1984 (31) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    easilydistracted (33) TTC#1 Since 01/16
    Keekee (38) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    MancMama4 (35) TTC #1 () Since 04/15
    Meepmeep (40) TTC #1 Since 01/16
    Midget1907 (29) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    Milliebob (27) TTC #2 Since 05/15
    newthrift (25) TTC #1 Since 11/15
    pinkpetal (36) TTC #1 Since 10/15
    sexymouse (32) TTC #3 (
    ) Since 02/16
    Tinks05 (27) TTC #1 Since 03/16
    VicVics (29) TTC #2 Since 04/16

Those with * used Preseed/Conceive Plus

Thread Graduates
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16
    newthrift BFP 23/5/16
    VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16

Link to abbreviations courtesy of MadMac from previous threads - http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/abbrevs.htm

The most common ones are:

AF - Aunt Flo (period)
    BFP - Big Fat Positive (+ on home pregnancy test)
    BD - Baby dance (making babies)
    CBFM - Clearblue fertility monitor
    CD - Cycle date (CD1 is the 1st day of period)
    DPO - Days past ovulation (if ovulation was on CD15, then that is 0DPO, CD16 is 1DPO)
    HPT - Home Pregnancy Test
    IC - Internet cheapie (IC OPKs, hpts)
    NTNP - Not trying not preventing (pregnancy)
    OV - ovulation
    OPK - ovulation predictor kits
    SBDTA - Sticky baby dust to all
    SS - symptom spotting
    Temp - temperature (BBT)
    TLP - Tiny little positive (faint positive on pregnancy test)

Also, an useful website telling you when to test, when you are ovulating and how the egg is developing etc found by Smash7 is here: http://www.pregnology.com

This website is also useful http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm
    It details the Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP) which some have found helpful in conceiving.

Some TMI cm pics here:
    http://www.fertilityuk.org/nfps401.html

Drugs you can take when pregnant
    Some CBFM FAQs
    Vitamins and minerals that can aid conception and pregnancy

Sensitivity of home pregnancy tests (lower = more sensitive, earlier results)
    Superdrug Own Brand (pink box - states can use 4 days before late AF on box) 10mIU
    First Vue dip tests (poundland) - 20mIU
    One step midstream (ALDI) - 25mIU
    Clearblue - 25mIU
    Clearblue Digital - 50mIU
    First response early response - 12.5mIU
    Boots own brand - 25mIU/50mIU
    Sainsburys own - 15mIU
    Tesco own - 25mIU
    ASDA own - 25mIU
    CBD with conception indicator - 25mIU

There is no such thing as a silly question, so please ask anything you are curious about. Many of us have 'been there done that' and many of our graduates still read this thread and are happy to offer advice when it is needed and relevant.

As with everything deemed medical, we cannot offer medical advice, so please visit or call your GP if you have any concerns or questions. Getting a preconception check up is recommended and allows your GP to know that you're trying for a baby as well as identifying and rectifying any issues or problems that may interfere with a pregnancy before you conceive.
    Last edited by sexymouse; 19-06-2016 at 9:06 PM.
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Poppy born 8/11/2015, rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
Page 203
    • slothsocks
    • By slothsocks 12th Feb 18, 9:30 AM
    • 46 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    slothsocks
    Hi all.

Welcome Lokolo and FlowerGirl. Thanks for the lists PKK.

Hope you're feeling better and that the doctors have some answers for you Selement.

Sorry I've not been joining in much. I just feel like we're at a very different stage of our journey to most of you and I feel a bit sad. I've started my down reg drugs for our IVF cycle and I think they might be contributing to me feeling quite low. I seem to ping back and forth between feeling excited and hopeful, and trying not to get my hopes up and feeling quite hopeless.
    • KatieBee123
    • By KatieBee123 12th Feb 18, 11:39 AM
    • 87 Posts
    • 393 Thanks
    KatieBee123
    Hi all,

Looks like it was all in my head, cycle day one here
    AF very heavy for day one aswell

Welcome everyone who is new xx
    • slothsocks
    • By slothsocks 12th Feb 18, 11:50 AM
    • 46 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    slothsocks
    Sorry to hear that KatieBee. I was absolutely convinced I was PG every month for the first 3 or 4 months and it was always such a horrible comedown when AF arrived. Hope next month is your month.
    • Lokolo
    • By Lokolo 12th Feb 18, 12:14 PM
    • 19,969 Posts
    • 15,096 Thanks
    Lokolo
    Thanks for all the welcomes. Well after all my worrying questions my OH tested with the CBOPK advanced digital again this morning (and has been since last week), and has gone from a nothing yesterday, to a full solid smiley face.

Guess I am getting lucky tonight and tomorrow.
    • Celepie
    • By Celepie 12th Feb 18, 12:20 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 103 Thanks
    Celepie
    Sorry, Katie Bodies can be cruel things sometimes.

I have a suspicion my body is delaying ovulation this month. I should be ovulating tomorrow but none of the usual signs I get. I guess maybe I'm still all out of whack from last month's chem. Frustrating!
    • Celepie
    • By Celepie 12th Feb 18, 12:34 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 103 Thanks
    Celepie
    Ha, posting on here works miracle! I just did an OPK and got a positive.
    • T4taylor
    • By T4taylor 12th Feb 18, 6:14 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 88 Thanks
    T4taylor
    Hiya gang, cd11 today. Normally ovulate on cd16-18 but last month it was day 14 so don!!!8217;t want to be counting my chickens. Natural cycles suggests I do opk on Wednesday but I!!!8217;m going to start tomorrow if I get chance - off to Shrovetide in Ashbourne, if anyone knows what that is?
    Trying not to feel too stressed on this 4th try but our house move is proving very frustrating.
    Hello to the newbies maybe you!!!8217;ll bring us some good luck.
    Planning to dtd pretty regularly this week, is there any disadvantage to every night if we can manage it?
    • Zeni
    • By Zeni 12th Feb 18, 6:47 PM
    • 398 Posts
    • 783 Thanks
    Zeni
    Welcome Lokolo and FlowerGirl Lokolo always nice to have men here.. kind of jealous my OH isnt as up on all this as you are!

Sloth sorry your feeling so down hun sending lots of hugs your way. Good luck for your IVF got all my fingers and toes crossed.

Had a hard few days... so many pregnancy announcements last two weeks from all over the place especially hard when one I know had only just started trying and another was a surprise. Just feel so frustrated having tried for over a year.. bah why can't it just be me. *Moan over* Anyway back to a new month me and the OH are both much better so fingers crossed.
    Swagbuckling since Aug 2016 - Earnings so far.. 55.
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 12th Feb 18, 8:57 PM
    • 339 Posts
    • 384 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    TTC Thread

Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD100 Nanyco
    CD31 CamelLady (18dpo)
    CD29 athensgeorgia
    CD23 Toots14 (9dpo)

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD23 SlothSocks
    CD18 PrettyKittyKat
    CD18 Celepie
    CD15 Rambosmum
    CD11 T4Taylor
    CD10 Selement

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD6 Zeni
    CD1 KatieBee123

CD? Skimper (awaiting 1st AF)

Those we haven't heard from in a while:

When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up. If you would like adding to the lists just let me know what CD day you are (the first day of your period is CD1).

2018 Thread Graduates:
    Afoolandhermoney - 23/01/2018
    • Rambosmum
    • By Rambosmum 13th Feb 18, 8:14 AM
    • 1,658 Posts
    • 2,178 Thanks
    Rambosmum
    I think we're out this motnh, I *think* I ov'd yesterday but not absolutely certain, my cm is doing weird things this month. And we haven't managed to dtd this weekend so on to May!
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 13th Feb 18, 4:04 PM
    • 339 Posts
    • 384 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    TTC Thread

CD101 Nanyco
    CD32 CamelLady (18dpo)
    CD30 athensgeorgia
    CD24 Toots14 (9dpo)
    CD16 Rambosmum

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD24 SlothSocks
    CD19 PrettyKittyKat
    CD19 Celepie
    CD12 T4Taylor
    CD11 Selement

CD7 Zeni
    CD2 KatieBee123

When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up. If you would like adding to the lists just let me know what CD day you are (the first day of your period is CD1).

2018 Thread Graduates:
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 13th Feb 18, 4:09 PM
    • 339 Posts
    • 384 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    Rambosmum - I think we are in the same boat with the 'on to May' comment.

CD19 today and still getting a flashing smiley. Last month I got my static on CD20 so I am wondering if I will get the same tomorrow. Although I got some pains on Sunday which I thought could be ovulation pains so part of me is thinking that I won't see a static smiley.

Not that it will matter at all. The Lurgy has totally hit this household and my husband is laid up. I am also coming down with it. We last BDed almost a week ago and I doubt it will happen again until the weekend at the absolute earliest. So we have missed my whole fertile week and whether I OV tomorrow or I OV'ed on Sunday we will have missed the window. I am really deflated by this as we don't want to try in March/April as the due date would clash with my birthday then Christmas day, which we don't want. We won't be preventing but we certainly won't be using OPK's or timing BDing. It makes me sad as that's another 2 cycles added on. I know it's silly and people try alot longer but it's just how I feel at the moment.
    • Tryingin2018
    • By Tryingin2018 13th Feb 18, 8:26 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    Tryingin2018
    cd32. Still waiting for AF
    • KatieBee123
    • By KatieBee123 13th Feb 18, 8:35 PM
    • 87 Posts
    • 393 Thanks
    KatieBee123
    PKK & Rambosmum - same here with May tbh, we are going on the holiday of a lifetime in May, I thought if we were lucky to catch last month I would have had a scan and would have known if everything was ok, but if we catch now this month or next there will be no scan before the holiday and I think I would be on edge the whole time, we won!!!8217;t be preventing but not making every attempt. I am also keen on avoiding a Christmas due date, it suites some people but not us either, I have a friend with a birthday Boxing Day and tbh she!!!8217;s always tucked up with celebrating as everyone else has prior engaments and family arrangements, I!!!8217;m not sure I would want that for my child. Obviously if we were lucky enough to catch it would be a different story and we would make it work, it!!!8217;s only a date after all

I feel torn though, I really want this and I feel like we are wasting two months of trying

And I!!!8217;m hormonal, I had a good cry last night, nothing goes my way, I had plans in my head and AF turning up has dashed all the plans, I thought just this once something good might happen to me. Like I said very hormonal, I!!!8217;ll be over it soon, it!!!8217;s just hard to think of anything else isn!!!8217;t it?

Xx
    • Rambosmum
    • By Rambosmum 14th Feb 18, 8:52 AM
    • 1,658 Posts
    • 2,178 Thanks
    Rambosmum
    I've actually done a due date calculator, and if my cycle is 28 days as usual then conceiving in Feb would give me a 2/12/18 due date, which isn't too bad, especially as I was 2 weeks early with my son and I'm gunning for a c section thins time too. So I may give Feb a go and if unsuccessful hold off in March and April.

If I get to this time next year with no success then I'm obviously not going to stop trying those months then but as my sons birthday is 2nd Jan and it's quite horrible already trying to arrange stuff for him, I want to avoid it again if possible.
    Last edited by Rambosmum; 14-02-2018 at 1:11 PM.
    • Toots14
    • By Toots14 14th Feb 18, 12:35 PM
    • 241 Posts
    • 432 Thanks
    Toots14
    11DPO here. Not much symptoms. Not much hope. AF due Saturday.

We will try next cycle as due date would be 24th November but I'd be taken earlier as I would be having a planned section.

Following cycle would give a 22nd December due date. Might pass that month but see how I'm feeling at the time!
    • selement
    • By selement 14th Feb 18, 5:01 PM
    • 446 Posts
    • 1,895 Thanks
    selement
    I've been quiet because I keep having headaches and nausea which isn't great for ttc! I knkwnits terrible but I feel like I can't be bothered at the moment . Got a doctor appointment for Monday to discuss headaches but I expect they won't do anything. My friend thinks it's the hormone change from coming off the pill, but it's been worse than ever the last few weeks and I came off pill in September.

I'm my best friends only bridesmaid in December so it might be better if I take a break for a bit. We won't prevent either but I doubt it'll happen. I wasn't even going to opk until I saw potential ewcm today so maybe I will... I tend to ewcm a few days before ovulation so I'm not expecting to have missed it yet
    Trying to lose weight (13.5lb to go)
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 14th Feb 18, 6:09 PM
    • 339 Posts
    • 384 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    KatieBee - May sounds exciting for you! where are you going? I feel very similar to you at the moment. Maybe it's just our hormones messing with our heads!

Selement - sorry to hear your still aren't feeling too good. Have you made note of when you have been getting the headaches? My friend was asked to do this first so they could see if there was any pattern/trend. They say it can take a year for your hormones to settle don't they? So your friend may be right.

Still flashing on the CB digital this morning. I have one more stick left which I will do tomorrow. I think I may have ovulated on Saturday when i got the pains. I have updated Ovia to say I ovulated Saturday and it has kept AF as predicted for the same day. Regardless of when I ovulated we haven't timed BD anyway.
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 14th Feb 18, 6:10 PM
    • 339 Posts
    • 384 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    TTC Thread

CD102 Nanyco
    CD33 CamelLady (18dpo)
    CD31 athensgeorgia
    CD25 Toots14 (11dpo)
    CD20 PrettyKittyKat
    CD17 Rambosmum

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD25 SlothSocks
    CD20 Celepie
    CD13 T4Taylor
    CD12 Selement

CD8 Zeni
    CD3 KatieBee123

2018 Thread Graduates:
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 14th Feb 18, 6:17 PM
    • 238 Posts
    • 1,057 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Good luck at the Dr's, selement; if wonky cycles and therefore wonky symptoms are giving you grief day to day you may be prescribed northisterone. It basically helps you re-time your cycle. I've had it a couple of times when my AFs all blurred into one (and took symptoms and pain with them!), as well as using it to deliberately delay AF for a backpacking holiday and getting married. It isn't a contraceptive so it won't delay conception, but if your cycle is being obstructive then it could help that too. It's not a drug that comes with 1001 side effects but I'm not sure how quickly they'll suggest it, probably depends on your GP.

I'm not usually one to reach for pills for every problem but hormones are such pesky things and can make you poorly day to day rather than once a month for a week!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,826Posts Today

7,896Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • After the news I'm suing facebook over scam ads, people keep sending me ads with my pic in asking, ?is THIS ad with? https://t.co/lhTmijgnWt

• So Facebook just waxed lyrical about all the things they're doing to stop fake ads. Whoop de whoop. Yet THESE SCA? https://t.co/hP4q6kRuuQ

• Facebook giving evidence I believe just said "mr lewis said there are 50 ads, but we checked and found 1,000s".? https://t.co/4dAe8PCTCb

• Follow Martin