Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sexymouse
    • By sexymouse 13th Apr 16, 12:29 PM
    • 5,687Posts
    • 70,489Thanks
    sexymouse
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13
    • 13th Apr 16, 12:29 PM
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13 13th Apr 16 at 12:29 PM
    This is the new thread for those trying for a baby.
    The previous one is here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5143999

Please be aware that this is a thread for those trying to conceive. If you wish to announce a pregnancy (or are only a couple of days from testing) and you have never used this thread before, please either wait until CD1 or use the less than 12 weeks pregnant thread. Hormones can run high on here (nature of the thread!) so please be sensitive. Many thanks!

List of Users
    Alex_88 TTC #1 since 09/15
    angel11 (34) TTC #1 Since 08/15
    Apple1985 (30) TTC #1 Since 12/15
    big5
    (33) TTC #2 Since 2/16
    cats2012 (27) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    Clarabell1984 (31) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    easilydistracted (33) TTC#1 Since 01/16
    Keekee (38) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    MancMama4 (35) TTC #1 () Since 04/15
    Meepmeep (40) TTC #1 Since 01/16
    Midget1907 (29) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    Milliebob (27) TTC #2 Since 05/15
    newthrift (25) TTC #1 Since 11/15
    pinkpetal (36) TTC #1 Since 10/15
    sexymouse (32) TTC #3 (
    ) Since 02/16
    Tinks05 (27) TTC #1 Since 03/16
    VicVics (29) TTC #2 Since 04/16

Those with * used Preseed/Conceive Plus

Thread Graduates
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16
    newthrift BFP 23/5/16
    VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16

Link to abbreviations courtesy of MadMac from previous threads - http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/abbrevs.htm

The most common ones are:

AF - Aunt Flo (period)
    BFP - Big Fat Positive (+ on home pregnancy test)
    BD - Baby dance (making babies)
    CBFM - Clearblue fertility monitor
    CD - Cycle date (CD1 is the 1st day of period)
    DPO - Days past ovulation (if ovulation was on CD15, then that is 0DPO, CD16 is 1DPO)
    HPT - Home Pregnancy Test
    IC - Internet cheapie (IC OPKs, hpts)
    NTNP - Not trying not preventing (pregnancy)
    OV - ovulation
    OPK - ovulation predictor kits
    SBDTA - Sticky baby dust to all
    SS - symptom spotting
    Temp - temperature (BBT)
    TLP - Tiny little positive (faint positive on pregnancy test)

Also, an useful website telling you when to test, when you are ovulating and how the egg is developing etc found by Smash7 is here: http://www.pregnology.com

This website is also useful http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm
    It details the Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP) which some have found helpful in conceiving.

Some TMI cm pics here:
    http://www.fertilityuk.org/nfps401.html

Drugs you can take when pregnant
    Some CBFM FAQs
    Vitamins and minerals that can aid conception and pregnancy

Sensitivity of home pregnancy tests (lower = more sensitive, earlier results)
    Superdrug Own Brand (pink box - states can use 4 days before late AF on box) 10mIU
    First Vue dip tests (poundland) - 20mIU
    One step midstream (ALDI) - 25mIU
    Clearblue - 25mIU
    Clearblue Digital - 50mIU
    First response early response - 12.5mIU
    Boots own brand - 25mIU/50mIU
    Sainsburys own - 15mIU
    Tesco own - 25mIU
    ASDA own - 25mIU
    CBD with conception indicator - 25mIU

There is no such thing as a silly question, so please ask anything you are curious about. Many of us have 'been there done that' and many of our graduates still read this thread and are happy to offer advice when it is needed and relevant.

As with everything deemed medical, we cannot offer medical advice, so please visit or call your GP if you have any concerns or questions. Getting a preconception check up is recommended and allows your GP to know that you're trying for a baby as well as identifying and rectifying any issues or problems that may interfere with a pregnancy before you conceive.
    Last edited by sexymouse; 19-06-2016 at 9:06 PM.
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Poppy born 8/11/2015, rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
Page 201
    • skimper
    • By skimper 7th Feb 18, 10:59 AM
    • 131 Posts
    • 108 Thanks
    skimper
    Just an update from me to say I'm still waiting my first AF after the pill.
    I've been off 6 weeks on Friday so hopefully shes not too far away.
    Hen party this weekend & wedding in 5 weeks so I'm hoping she falls in between so I'm not on for the wedding.
    • NelliePie
    • By NelliePie 7th Feb 18, 5:38 PM
    • 151 Posts
    • 379 Thanks
    NelliePie
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Skimper! I hope you have a great time on your hen weekend
    When life gives you lemons, find the tequila!
    FTB June '17 - 144k. Feb '18 - 141K
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 7th Feb 18, 6:27 PM
    • 379 Posts
    • 399 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    TTC Thread

Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD95 Nanyco
    CD35 Zeni
    CD28 KatieBee123
    CD26 CamelLady (13dpo)
    CD24 athensgeorgia
    CD18 Toots14 (4dpo)

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD18 SlothSocks
    CD13 PrettyKittyKat
    CD5 Selement

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD13 Celepie
    CD10 Rambosmum
    CD6 T4Taylor

CD? Skimper (awaiting 1st AF)

Those we haven't heard from in a while:

When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up. If you would like adding to the lists just let me know what CD day you are (the first day of your period is CD1).

2018 Thread Graduates:
    Afoolandhermoney - 23/01/2018
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 7th Feb 18, 6:29 PM
    • 379 Posts
    • 399 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    Rambosmum I am sorry to hear about DHs uncle. I hope the next few days go as well as they can. Are you using OPKs? Do you usually ovulate around CD13/14? Im just thinking if you ovulate later you may not be out for this month!

Skimper Do you know what you are doing for your hen or is it a surprise? Fingers crossed AF shows inbetween for you.
    • T4taylor
    • By T4taylor 7th Feb 18, 8:18 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 88 Thanks
    T4taylor
    Pkk please can you move me into the if in doubt section? Hubby and I have taken this literally !!!55357;!!!56834;. Aiming for every other day for the next 2 weeks! X
    • skimper
    • By skimper 7th Feb 18, 9:22 PM
    • 131 Posts
    • 108 Thanks
    skimper
    Thanks Nelliepie

PKK- We are going cocktail making & for a meal, im sure there will be some surprises thrown in too! Which is why I didn't want to start trying before now because it would be impossible to hide not drinking haha.
    • selement
    • By selement 8th Feb 18, 7:26 AM
    • 451 Posts
    • 1,904 Thanks
    selement
    So my cycle gets weirder. I had 2 days AF, 1 day spotting, 2 days nothing, and today having a little spotting again.
    I haven't BD recently enough to believe it could be any implantation bleed at this point (not since cd 19 and it was a 31 day cycle, today is cd6)

Guess my body must be being weird from coming off the pill odd it's waited until nownto be strange though!
    Trying to lose weight (13.5lb to go)
    • Rambosmum
    • By Rambosmum 8th Feb 18, 9:29 AM
    • 1,665 Posts
    • 2,187 Thanks
    Rambosmum
    prettykittykate - this is my first cycle off the pill since I had my son (2years ago). So I don't know. But last time I had a very clear 28 day cycle (for all of two months!) and ovulated day 13/14 - I'm not using OPKs but from cervical mucus it seems I'm on for a similar thing this month. Going to try to entice him tonight before he goes, and then when he gets back, but obviously he may not be in the mood!

Tried last night but our son had other ideas!

That is weird selement but the pill can do weird things!

Can I be moved to CD11 and the if in doubt section please.
    Last edited by Rambosmum; 08-02-2018 at 12:45 PM.
    • Tryingin2018
    • By Tryingin2018 8th Feb 18, 12:33 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    Tryingin2018
    16DPO. Lots of backache/twinges so hoping AF is on the way so I can have my first proper post AF cycle.
    • Rambosmum
    • By Rambosmum 8th Feb 18, 12:44 PM
    • 1,665 Posts
    • 2,187 Thanks
    Rambosmum
    16DPO. Lots of backache/twinges so hoping AF is on the way so I can have my first proper post AF cycle.
    Originally posted by Tryingin2018

Have you tested yet? Back ache was my first symptom last time, though I don't normally get back ache with AF anyway.
    • Celepie
    • By Celepie 8th Feb 18, 1:05 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 108 Thanks
    Celepie
    Not much to report here - just waiting for fertile period to begin, which should be this weekendish but my chem pregnancy last month might have thrown it all out of whack so we'll see. Fingers crossed for ladies in the 2WW!
    • Tryingin2018
    • By Tryingin2018 8th Feb 18, 1:32 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    Tryingin2018
    Yep, been testing since 12dpo and nothing each day so pretty sure its a no and AF on the way. All I've had since 14dpo is the sorest nipples in the world and the odd belly cramp. Backache is new today so think it might be impending AF.
    • selement
    • By selement 8th Feb 18, 6:33 PM
    • 451 Posts
    • 1,904 Thanks
    selement
    Maybe I'm being foolish but I've bought a pack of Sainsbury's pregnancy tests. They didnt have first response. I know I had a mini period and a negative test already but I am still not feeling right. Headaches and nausea. At this point I think I might have something else wrong with me but I am hoping that somehow there's still a chance... I will wait till morning to test.

Internet cheapies price was right but a pain to use.

If it's negative I might see the doctor about this feeling rubbish all the time business.
    Trying to lose weight (13.5lb to go)
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 8th Feb 18, 8:55 PM
    • 379 Posts
    • 399 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    TTC Thread

Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD96 Nanyco
    CD36 Zeni
    CD29 KatieBee123
    CD27 CamelLady (14dpo)
    CD25 athensgeorgia
    CD19 Toots14 (5dpo)

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD19 SlothSocks
    CD14 PrettyKittyKat
    CD14 Celepie
    CD11 Rambosmum
    CD6 Selement
    CD7 T4Taylor

"Wine and Chocolate" zone

CD? Skimper (awaiting 1st AF)

Those we haven't heard from in a while:

When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up. If you would like adding to the lists just let me know what CD day you are (the first day of your period is CD1).

2018 Thread Graduates:
    Afoolandhermoney - 23/01/2018
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 8th Feb 18, 8:57 PM
    • 379 Posts
    • 399 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    T4Taylor - we are trying for every other day too! Although we will try for every night near ovulation hopefully!

Skimper - that sounds like a lovely hen! Yes it would definitely be impossible to hide not drinking on your hen! I recall being bought a black Sambuca by my little cousin!! I still haven't forgiven her for that one! Haha

Selement - hmm that does seems strange when you feel so out of sorts. I would test again as you say. I have read online some people saying they didn't get their BFP's until two weeks after AF was due. And then if it is still negative and you still feel ill I would definitely go to the Doctors and see what they say.

Nanyco / Zeni / CamelLady - how are you all getting on?
    Last edited by PrettyKittyKat; 08-02-2018 at 8:58 PM. Reason: removing the random numbers!
    • Toots14
    • By Toots14 8th Feb 18, 9:16 PM
    • 244 Posts
    • 435 Thanks
    Toots14
    Nothing happening here. Time is draaaaaaaaging on.
    • PrettyKittyKat
    • By PrettyKittyKat 9th Feb 18, 7:31 AM
    • 379 Posts
    • 399 Thanks
    PrettyKittyKat
    Toots14 - time certainly seems to go slower when you are tyc doesn't it?

CD15 now. Still negative OPK. Ovia says my fertile window starts tomorrow so hopefully my flashing smiley will show soon!
    • Rambosmum
    • By Rambosmum 9th Feb 18, 8:32 AM
    • 1,665 Posts
    • 2,187 Thanks
    Rambosmum
    Selement - I hate to say it but sainsbury's tests are notorious for bad evaps/ false positives. Fingers crossed for you.
    • NelliePie
    • By NelliePie 9th Feb 18, 10:34 AM
    • 151 Posts
    • 379 Thanks
    NelliePie
    Just checking in to say I'm pretty sure I ovulated yesterday - my body is showing all of the right signs. So just waiting for AF as I don't think we hit it this month. We're NTNP still until the wedding but I'd like to get the first non contraceptive controlled AF out of the way.

BD to all and hope you all have great weekends
    When life gives you lemons, find the tequila!
    FTB June '17 - 144k. Feb '18 - 141K
    • Tryingin2018
    • By Tryingin2018 9th Feb 18, 1:50 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    Tryingin2018
    18dpo. Still no AF, BFNs. Ovia and Flo app say period tomorrow...lets see!

Boobs hurt so much I could cry!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

691Posts Today

6,117Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin