Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sandeevie
    • By sandeevie 8th Apr 16, 11:26 AM
    • 49Posts
    • 13Thanks
    sandeevie
    VERY Catolouge trying to give me an Default
    • 8th Apr 16, 11:26 AM
    VERY Catolouge trying to give me an Default 8th Apr 16 at 11:26 AM
    Hi, I need some advise I received a letter from Very last night saying if I did not clear the amount stated I would be forwarded to the debt department. Now I have been ill for some time now and in and out of hospital, up until then I paid religiously the stated amount every month, When I saw that I could not manage it anymore as I was ill and had to leave work I emailed them asking them if they would accept 50 a month till I was well enough to return to work, I got nothing back but continued to pay monthly I have now received this! What else can I do it cant be helped and I am paying monthly just not the amount they request.
    I have emailed them again this morning but have heard nothing
    Advice please guys I do not want a default or a stain on my credit
    Thanks
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 8th Apr 16, 12:25 PM
    • 17,469 Posts
    • 16,460 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 8th Apr 16, 12:25 PM
    • 8th Apr 16, 12:25 PM
    Hi,

I'm afraid it looks like your not going to be able to avoid a default.

Regardless of the circumstances, you are paying less than the requested amount, so a default will be an enevitable concequence of that.
    This combined with the fact very have appalling customer service, means you may have no choice in the matter.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".

Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    • David301
    • By David301 8th Apr 16, 12:44 PM
    • 200 Posts
    • 419 Thanks
    David301
    • 8th Apr 16, 12:44 PM
    • 8th Apr 16, 12:44 PM
    Phone the number on the piece of paper they sent and discuss the issue. Then ask them to confirm in writing.

• dancingfairy
    • By dancingfairy 8th Apr 16, 2:05 PM
    • 8,961 Posts
    • 7,344 Thanks
    dancingfairy
    • 8th Apr 16, 2:05 PM
    • 8th Apr 16, 2:05 PM
    You can't pay what you are obliged to pay. Very ( or other company) won't care what the reason is I'm afraid.
    If you can't pay properly then they can add a default to your credit file.
    If you can't pay, you can't pay so you'll have to continue to pay what you can and save your energy for getting better. It's annoying but I don't think there's anything you can do about it.
    A default is not the end of the world, it drops off in 6 years.
    I hope things improve for you health wise.
    Df
    Making my money go further with MSE
    How much can I save in 2012 challenge
    75/1200
    • MrsMck
    • By MrsMck 10th Apr 16, 12:47 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 200 Thanks
    MrsMck
    • 10th Apr 16, 12:47 AM
    • 10th Apr 16, 12:47 AM
    Hi,

I have a friend who was also sent a default notice from Very. She phoned their collections department and said they were brill. The default hadn't actually gone through yet, it was just the beginning of the process, so was put on hold and a payment plan was set up.

Hope this helps
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,375Posts Today

8,585Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • So how much work do I actually do on the MSE weekly email these days, now I?m in the exhaulted position of ?Executi? https://t.co/b8XWxPiUwn

• Dear gumtree - I feel I've been sold a kipper. You're advertising has my face on it but I don't do adverts. If yo? https://t.co/kJAuziloOM

• RT @MoneySavingExp: ????This chap ????@MSE_GuyAnker is responsible for delivering MSE's Weekly Email to 14 million people, 52 weeks of the year.?

• Follow Martin