Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nikkio16
    • By Nikkio16 6th Apr 16, 10:26 AM
    • 18Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Nikkio16
    HMRC Self Assessment Repayments 2016
    • 6th Apr 16, 10:26 AM
    HMRC Self Assessment Repayments 2016 6th Apr 16 at 10:26 AM
    Well... It's that time of year again!

Thought I'd start a thread after last years long wait for repayments, hopefully we will receive our repayments quicker this year????

So I've submitted mine today, 6th April at 8am. I will post updates as and when...
Page 44
    • Jmsmith77
    • By Jmsmith77 17th Apr 18, 8:01 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Jmsmith77
    Part of wot cal1980 said might be true but I'm a sub contractor and after talking to the couple that do are wages and accounts for main firm work for they've said they have till Jan 2019 to submit all tax and vat bills although usually around July time they finalise it all as they double check sub contractors earnings payments and what tax/cis is due then pay off in a lump sum which never knew till now but they have a hmrc handbook that states hmrc use pay now check later so like we all make mistakes there pay us but once they have everything they could say owe us a bit extra or we owe them some money
    • Jmsmith77
    • By Jmsmith77 17th Apr 18, 8:11 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Jmsmith77
    And still pending typical
    • craghodgy
    • By craghodgy 17th Apr 18, 10:39 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    craghodgy
    Stay positive hopefully be sometime this week
    • chitacub84
    • By chitacub84 17th Apr 18, 1:19 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    chitacub84
    Do I need to request a repayment or can I leave it as it is? Don't remember doing so last year. Please advise !!!55356;!!!57211;
    • craghodgy
    • By craghodgy 17th Apr 18, 1:24 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    craghodgy
    i would request it, it should then say bank repayments pending
    • Charlie9122
    • By Charlie9122 17th Apr 18, 6:29 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Charlie9122
    From what ive heard from other people on this forum, do not keep requesting as it could mess with the computer their end. Could wait until tomorrows update and possibly phone them? Im unsure myself as i have never had to physically request my repayment, its always been automatic
    • craghodgy
    • By craghodgy 17th Apr 18, 6:43 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    craghodgy
    My friend last year requested payment and couple Days later it said request payment again he phoned them was told that bank payment had been cancelled due to a mistake in his return had to amend it and all was well for him wether that!!!8217;s the problem or not I would phone them there open till 8

Otherwise it normally just says it if you didn!!!8217;t put bank details in when!!!8217;s filing for your return
    • Steph1888
    • By Steph1888 17th Apr 18, 7:45 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Steph1888
    I phoned hmrc regarding the ďnot yet usedĒ I was told itís an inquiry case. Gave me another number to call tomorrow during opening hours. Absolute joke.
    • Dazed and confused
    • By Dazed and confused 17th Apr 18, 7:48 PM
    • 2,928 Posts
    • 1,426 Thanks
    Dazed and confused
    I phoned hmrc regarding the "not yet used" I was told it's an inquiry case. Gave me another number to call tomorrow during opening hours. Absolute joke.

Have you checked you filled in the return correctly? From memory there were some posts on one of these threads last year and people had filled in the return saying they didn't have to pay class 4 National insurance even they were self employed.
    • Jazzg6190
    • By Jazzg6190 17th Apr 18, 7:58 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jazzg6190
    My friend last year requested payment and couple Days later it said request payment again he phoned them was told that bank payment had been cancelled due to a mistake in his return had to amend it and all was well for him wether that!!!8217;s the problem or not I would phone them there open till 8

Otherwise it normally just says it if you didn!!!8217;t put bank details in when!!!8217;s filing for your return
    Originally posted by craghodgy
    Mine also says payment not yet used ..... very strange , looks like a long wait this year,
    • Jmsmith77
    • By Jmsmith77 17th Apr 18, 7:59 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Jmsmith77
    Looks like some of us been given the run around I spoke to them 13th told straight forward be Friday this week. But received email today from the same email that sends conformation of submitting ur assessment so rang them asked all the questions to get through security then comes off hold to say system is down today erm ok so asked how did I pass security questions if system not even working guess wot cut me off hahaha guess wait and see is status changes 2moro
    • Jazzg6190
    • By Jazzg6190 17th Apr 18, 8:00 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jazzg6190
    What does inquiring Case mean? Mine has also been selected by the sounds of things and says payment not yet used ...
    • craghodgy
    • By craghodgy 17th Apr 18, 8:01 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    craghodgy
    The!!!8217;ll get through em I would ring about that if you haven!!!8217;t already? Never heard of not yet used before strange hopefully something will happen over night
    • Steph1888
    • By Steph1888 17th Apr 18, 8:17 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Steph1888
    Could be class 4? Iíll find out tomorrow when I phone. There was an adjustment on the 12th April, this was done from the hmrc side. Im assuming I maybe owe more than the adjustment hmrc made, and if I pay whatever else they will release the payment? Enquiries over? No?
    • Dazed and confused
    • By Dazed and confused 17th Apr 18, 8:24 PM
    • 2,928 Posts
    • 1,426 Thanks
    Dazed and confused
    What does inquiring Case mean? Mine has also been selected by the sounds of things and says payment not yet used ...

HMRC are checking your return. They will write to you and ask about anything they need extra information about. Could be about all sorts of things, your CIS tax, expenses or, based on these threads last year, you may have claimed you dont need to pay national insurance when some is due.

The end result may be that they alter your return and this could change the amount of any repayment you think is due.
    • Tiler77
    • By Tiler77 17th Apr 18, 8:35 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Tiler77
    Been reading a few threads.sounds like its getting harder to get your rebates of hmrc.
    • astleygLFC
    • By astleygLFC 17th Apr 18, 9:43 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    astleygLFC
    last year i was paid the 19th and the year before 15th its only actually been 7 working days since the 6th so wouldn't be to worried yet. hopefully it might change over night again. we will see tomorrow
    • Cal1980
    • By Cal1980 17th Apr 18, 10:57 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Cal1980
    I Am claiming for 4.5k after earning 38k in last 12 months, CIS 20% deducted every month and paid on time and every year for the past 8 years I have selected 'voluntarily pay class 4 national insurance and also class 2 national insurance which is around £397 therefore left with 4.1k but I have never ever had a problem with it being paid, EVERYONE who's payment status shows 'not yet used' I would strongly advise to amend self assesment and voluntarily pay national insurance class 4 and 2 if you have to, I would also advise no body to contact HMRC about the 'not yet used' as you are then on the radar and looked at by humans rather than computers, trust me, my partner is an accountant and has dealt with HMRC for over 10 years hope this helps, payments should be made today and show on updated site tommorow.
    • craghodgy
    • By craghodgy 17th Apr 18, 11:24 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    craghodgy
    Itd be nice if it is sorted by the mornings could do with the money
    • Cal1980
    • By Cal1980 17th Apr 18, 11:35 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Cal1980
    I think it should be issued on tommorows update that would be the same amount of working days as last 3 years, I could also do with the money I fly to Florida Friday for 2 weeks then on to Virginia beach for 2 weeks very expensive need this tax return to pay for the bottles of water in the parks !!!55357;!!!56904; $9 per small bottle of water !!!55357;!!!56883;!!!55357;!!!56883;!!!55357;!!!56 883;
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

943Posts Today

6,888Users online

Martin's Twitter