IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

VCS.... Again

Comments

• Good morning folks,

Brief update on proceedings here.

I arrived back in the Middle East from a work trip to find a begging letter from VCS :)
    By some stroke of luck it did not get lost in the post and only took a month to get here. Its exactly the same letter that the RK was sent. The notice is dated 27th last month and only reached here yesterday. Unfortunately for me, is now outside their 14 day reduced charge window :rotfl:

My question now is; what's next and how is best to proceed with the matter?

Any advice would be gratefully received.... does anyone know of a non-UK resident who has had similar charges?... if not... do you need a guinea pig? :)
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 May 2016 at 9:41AM
    Good morning folks,

I arrived back in the Middle East from a work trip to find a begging letter from VCS :)
    By some stroke of luck it did not get lost in the post and only took a month to get here. Its exactly the same letter that the RK was sent. The notice is dated 27th last month and only reached here yesterday. Unfortunately for me, is now outside their 14 day reduced charge window :rotfl:

Any advice would be gratefully received.... does anyone know of a non-UK resident who has had similar charges?... if not... do you need a guinea pig? :)

send them a goats head , for payment :beer:

or reply back in the native language
    or organise a Renshaw - smith hit squad
    or just forget about them
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,223 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Good morning folks,

It depends on what you want to do. You can either ignore everything as the parking scumpany cannot touch you overseas, or you can have some sport with them. In my opinion actually sending something from your overseas address admitting you were the driver would be a good idea just in case they try to renew the attack your other half back in the UK.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    In my opinion actually sending something from your overseas address admitting you were the driver would be a good idea just in case they try to renew the attack your other half back in the UK.
    Perhaps you could send them a postcard!
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Castle wrote: »
    Perhaps you could send them a postcard!

of a sheep's head :j
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Hi Folks, thank you very much for the input :)

I figure it might be a good idea to respond to their begging letter so they know the address overseas is correct.

Will the letter declining their invoice that was drafted at the top of this thread suffice?

All correspondence will be done via snail mail because I really like receiving letters from the UK over here.... even if they are from PPC's :c)
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Just confirm you were the driver and confirm your address for service is ..... (wherever you are in the world). There is no purpose in using PoFA as a shield now the driver has been named. This isn't a hanging offence!

You should add something to give them categoric proof that you are actually where you say you are. Obviously the stamp on the letter will give them some confirmation (send the letter in a 'Par Avion' envelope if you can get them where you add a bit more 'proof').

Do you have a business card with your name and foreign address details on? What about an employer letterhead? Maybe enclosing a tear off from the local newspaper with the date shown on it? Or any other form of confirmation of you being based overseas.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Also send a copy of your reply to VCS to the RK as well; just in case VCS try to claim that your reply to them got lost in the post.
  • Thanks so much for the replies and ideas. I will remove the PoFA references in the letter, I will pop down the shop and pick up a local paper too, they can have the front page and catch up on local events here while reading my letter :)

I hope you all have a good supply of popcorn... updates will be few and far between with it apparently taking a month for a letter to reach its intended destination.

Thanks for the advice so far :)
  • Speaking to my office manager just now, he has suggested it is best to reply via post..... in Arabic, he is happy to translate the letter for me :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure