Getting a Grip and Saving towards the mortgage

Comments

• shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Online mortgage discovery will surely trigger some spreadsheet fiddling. Luck you!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Oh that sounds lovely i love having a facial its so relaxing my friend is a beautician so luckily shes used to me now.I have been doing exactly the same thing fiddling around with the numbers ,i have 4 sub accounts 2 of which are repayments and 2 interest only. Hope you have had a good run too it is really hot here today after a whole half term week of rain and wind but my grandchildren have gone to the beach today so i am pleased for them .
  • Figures are looking good, the afternoon tea with cocktails sounds fantastic.

I must try and remember to check out group0n more often, I always forget.

Hope you enjoyed the run and the facial.
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Thanks Try Harder and ETE. The facial was a lovely treat but I don't think I could justify paying for one myself at £55:eek: I had a voucher for my birthday from my DS, which was lovely.
    Park Run was great, I really enjoyed it and felt like I had run it it faster than ever before, so I was disappointed when the results came out and I didn't beat my personal best ( a few seconds off). I feel determined to beat it next time..............who is this woman I don't recognise her .....enjoying running ....what next ??
    I made a lovely curry last night to use up some veg that had been lurking in the fridge drawer for a while and my magic MSE ingredient, a tin of 15p potatoes. Normally I would say tinned potatoes are disgusting things, but in a curry they are yum and of course make it go further. I was also quick and removed one portion for the freezer before my lot got in there, otherwise they would just eat the lot.
    Today is the day my items on fleabay finish, I currently have bids on 7 of the 10 items - judging by the number of watchers I think I will sell 9 items ( 1 item has no watchers ). So fingers crossed- I had forgotten how exciting this bit is.
    Food shopping today and of course the normal Sunday Tilly Tidy. Have a good day:)
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Good luck on the ebax selling ,packing and printing labels is the worst bit and takes so long but well worth it .What a great idea i have often wondered about tinned potatoes i will have to try that ,potatoes are so expensive now i paid £1.50 yesterday for a really small bag i wish i had grown my own now.Have a good day all.
  • Busy_Mee1
    Morning all
    It has been a long week but finally Friday has arrived and the last day of work before a weeks holiday:j We are spending a few days away visiting relatives and then hopefully tackling the garden at the end of the week, weather permitting. To be honest I am just looking forward to a break from work.
    Good news on the fleabay selling - I sold 8 out of 10 items and made £82.24 :j This has really motivated me again and I listed another 6 items on Thursday on a 10 day listing, so they will finish a week on Sunday ( when we are back home). I have also sorted out some more stuff to go on. This feels like it could really make a difference to our finances and mean I am more likely to hit my target.
    The O&S account is looking very healthy already with £166.77 paid in - the fleabay sales gave it a real boost and we haven't had the S@antander interest and TSB cashback yet.
    I spent this morning revising my web of standing orders to swish money through the new Coop accounts. I can report that the Coop online banking function is awful and there was much swearing in the Mee household (OH raised his eyebrows at me !), however I finally managed to set up a couple of standing orders.
    I am glad that I am not really using these as my current accounts and as soon as my switch bonus has been paid I think I will be moving on. I notice HSBC are offering £150+ £50 if you stay for switching, that might be my next move if the offer is still on. They also do a regular saver.
    Hope you all have a great weekend.
  • LadyGnome
    LadyGnome Posts: 801 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Great result on the fleabay sales.
    Enjoy your break.
    MortgageStart Nov 2012 £310,000
    Oct 2022 £143,277.74
    Reduction £166,722.26
    OriginalEnd Sept 2034 / Current official end Apr 2032 (but I have a cunning plan...)
    2022 MFW #78 £10200/£12000
    MFiT-6 #28 £21,772 /£75000
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Great ebay sales! You'll scour the house now for anything worth selling!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • Busy_Mee1
    Thanks LadyGnome - just trying to clear up some final emails so I can finish for the week.

Spot on Jimmy, I have been going through my wardrobe ruthlessly and pulling out stuff to sell.:D
  • Hi Busy Mee,
    Thanks for your diary, I really enjoy reading it. You seem to be really good at using bank accounts to get the rewards. It's something I'm thinking about, but a bit nervous of. How do you find it? Is the amount of effort worth it for the rewards? Do you need to space applications to avoid too many searches on a credit file?
    Sorry for the blizzard of questions, but I'd value any advice on this before taking the plunge.
    Good luck with your mfw journey.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport