MSE News: Hotpoint tumble dryer help: 3 extra tricks to get you a refund

Comments

• AJXX
    AJXX Posts: 847 Forumite
    edited 10 April 2016 at 6:19PM
    Zandoni wrote: »
    I'm not feeling the love here.

I'll do a deal, if AJXX stops so will I.

I standby what I said previously. This is a Hotpoint discussion and that's exactly what's being discussed.

No consumers posts are being buried or ignored so I fail to see the issue. The discussions are healthy and often keep the topic itself from being buried.

Last time me and Zandoni stopped posting the topic dropped back to page 3.

The poster that keeps having a moan and attempting to police the form like a self appointed moderator needs to learn how to use the ignore feature of the forum or raise their issues directly with the forum team if they feel that strongly.
  • We bought a tumble dryer from Tesco last year which was listed as one of the faulty ones. We contacted Tesco via their website saying it was faulty and not fit for purpose (we'd had a for about a year). They contacted us the next day. They are collecting it tomorrow and will give us a full refund.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,408
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 10 April 2016 at 9:16PM
    AJXX wrote: »
    The poster that keeps having a moan and attempting to police the form like a self appointed moderator needs to learn how to use the ignore feature of the forum or raise their issues directly with the forum team if they feel that strongly.

Sorry, you two are having a personal battle - nobody else seems to comment on your battle, apart from to say that it's boring/irritating.

I've not ever needed to use the ignore facility since I joined here 9+ (?) years ago, why now?

Anyway - Hotpoint have text today to say that they will text tomorrow to give us the 'time window; for the next day ... fingers crossed for a satisfactory result.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,408
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Nobody else has "commented" apart from you and the one guy who rather uselessly quoted your entire post and simply added an angry face emotion.

It was me that quoted the other person's post (having previously asked you pair to 'refrain') and a few others have also commented, but I have no desire to trawl through the 15 pages to 'prove it'.

You carry on your 'debate' - as that's what you like to call it. (Oh yes it is, oh no it isn't)

I will just continue to post my inane nonsense, with hopefully an occasional helpful comment! :)
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,440
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Still waiting for my email to purchase a reduced price replacement.

I asked Hotpoint 3 times to cancel the engineer they arranged to arrive the day we were leaving for a holiday, but the guy still showed up just as we were leaving. Very nice and friendly chap, who wasn't bothered as he had another job in the area. He said that Hotpoint were cocking things up all over the place and wasn't surprised.

Have asked Hotpoint to contact me once again to get this sorted properly!
  • AJXX
    lstar337 wrote: »
    Still waiting for my email to purchase a reduced price replacement.

I asked Hotpoint 3 times to cancel the engineer they arranged to arrive the day we were leaving for a holiday, but the guy still showed up just as we were leaving. Very nice and friendly chap, who wasn't bothered as he had another job in the area. He said that Hotpoint were cocking things up all over the place and wasn't surprised.

Have asked Hotpoint to contact me once again to get this sorted properly!

Have you tried writing to them?
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,440
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Have you tried writing to them?
    What would be the point?

I have already been in contact with them on the phone, and through facebook. None of the departments seem to talk to each other so I am stuck with dealing with each one if and when they bother to talk to me again.

If I write to them now, it'll just be yet another line of communication to close off at some point.

The timeline so far is this:

1. Contact on phone told me next year for upgrade.
    2. Unhappy with that I contacted through FB and appointment was arranged for when I am holiday.
    3. Try to cancel through email (as told) which was a failure.
    4. Contact over phone to be told they will send email for cut price model. Told cannot cancel FB appointment on phone.
    5. FB contact ignores my attempts to cancel appointment and instead offers free replacement of same model I have.
    6. Told FB contact I am waiting to hear about cut price model through email, they advise to check the model and if not happy then request free replacement through them.
    7. Still no email so cannot check cut price model.
    8. Contacted them again today to ask where is email for cut price model.

At this point another form of communication will just complicate matters further!

Once I get this email I can resolve it all in about 5 minutes!
  • ricke17
    ricke17 Posts: 149 Forumite
    In the midst of all the furore in this thread, I have a success story I want to share with you all.

I registered my Indesit Condenser dryer at the end of November 2015 and month on month my “modification” was being put back. I spent hours on the phone to various departments complaining about this with no resolution.

So today I have taken delivery of a FREE replacement condenser dryer after about 4 weeks of intense social media venting (Twitter/Facebook), a formal complaint to both customer services and the CEO (albeit not having any formal response from either) and an application made to the Retail Ombudsman (in regards to Argos - whom I bought it from originally - website here with info: http://www.theretailombudsman.org.uk). It was hard work and relentless and now my 5 year old Indesit Dryer has been replaced free with this one: http://ao.com/product/idc8t3b-indesit-condenser-tumble-dryer-white-38191-18.aspx

Lots of posts on here cite “the public” over reacting to this modification programme. But I was no way having my affected model potentially going up in flames and damaging my property which would have made my insurance null and void (I had checked with my insurance provider). I know I was more likely to win the lottery than my affected machine catching fire, but there was a chance.

In my instance, persistence and patience, with my letters/calls/formal complaints, appears to have paid off. Good luck to others, don’t give up!
  • AJXX
    lstar337 wrote: »
    What would be the point?

I've always advocated letter in the post to be the best way to deal with them and have done since discussions on the previous thread, this has yielded positive results for me personally and several others that I've seen. I also believe it's seen as a more "formal" approach and thus dealt with quickly and more professionally.

Phone, email, facebook, twitter - maybe it'll work, but if you're serious just write to them. Phone in my honest opinion is a complete no no. Facebook/Twitter? meh, if you're asking a quick question then go for it, if you're attempting to resolve something or deal with your case, I wouldn't bother if you want to be taken seriously.

You might view it as another line of communication, but personally I'd still write to them, summarise everything that's happened so far and continue dealing with them via letter from now on.
  • Result! Been waiting for my modification on the machine we only bought July 2015 since reporting it in November last year and finally had an e-mail in January giving me a repair date of March. Once March had been and gone I contacted Hotpoint using the contact form on their website recommended on here and after a bit of messing about with missing calls and having to send them another message last night I got a call half an hour ago offering me a replacement machine for free.

So glad to finally get it sorted, definately worth getting in touch with them if you're still waiting.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure