Reality Check...

Comments

• milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Don't worry about context S, we will muddle through. :)
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Right, then.
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,216 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Clothes definitely a priority before Gin - which makes us sound like something out of a Dickensian novel, or Hogarth painting!
    I need a haircut - been putting it off for weeks as my hairdresser has left the salon I usually go to and I don't know where she's gone. How silly is it that at my grand old age I can't just go find someone else?
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£330.00 (66%)     INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£062.00 (13%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• Smodlet
    Not at all. Back in the day, when I could afford hairdressers, I hated it when I could not see the same one over and over. These days, OH cuts it; anyone can cut in a straight line, right? Saves money, appreciate it is not for everyone.
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I wear my hair straight also just at my shoulders. It always does a soft flip up. I go to a cheap cuts place and get it cut about once every four months. They really can't screw up a straight cut too much. I tried to let OH once but it was a complete disaster! I lost my hairdresser to breast cancer so this is my solution.

Joey maybe you could ask around and see who others (with good cuts) go to. That's what I've always done in the past when I was still getting my hair highlighted.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • I didn't couldn't trust a man (who isn't qualified!) near my hair! I used to cut in random layers years ago when I felt like with the kitchen scissors, who knows what I was playing at!

I could do with a hair cut soon. I switched to a dry cut the past few times, much cheaper and I hate having your neck bend over the hard sink, water too hot on your head and them taking forever to dry your hair while burning your ear!! All to go home and wash your hair again - well that's what I do anyway!!

Last night I had a bath, face mask, exfoliated, all my skin is all as smooth and hair free as a babies bottom, fake tanned, used gel lamp and done my nails all to go nowhere tonight :rotfl: but I do feel better so that is all that matters lol

Looking forward to a night of eating my weight in pasta and a bottle of wine as I watch Homeland...even that sounds more appealing than gin tasting! I am aiming for a ZERO spend weekend.....!! Pay day is a week today :D
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • Smodlet
    Will your marine get to appreciate the work of art you are, RC? I hope you have a wonderful week end, whatever happens. I also hope you do not mind my leading Mila astray with my off-topic asides? I should have asked your permission, first. I apologise.

All together, now, "All the nice girls..."
  • reality_check
    reality_check Posts: 752 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    :rotfl: no no he won't be seeing, he is back in Scotland!

You can lead Mila astray as often as you like lol def no need for any apologies around here.

Anyone got any exciting weekend plans that I can live my life through their eyes...that isn't the right phrase....any one know what I mean!? I just mean share anything you're up to as even reading that will be more exciting than what I am doing!

This is what I am making for dinner....good job the marine isn't around after eating this!!

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1163643/spaghetti-with-sardines

If you dislike tuna or sardines don't even bother opening the link up!
  • Smodlet
    I think the word you are looking for is vicariously, which means, pretty much, through another's eyes or perspective.

Thank you for your graciousness, RC. I have "strayed" on to a couple of threads and been batted right back out again... you just never know what reception you're gonna get until you dip your toe in the water, do you?

You rock, RC and I am so glad I have "met" so many cool people on this forum, many of them on your thread.

Thank you.
  • Most people on this forum seem lovely and helpful but like everywhere you are bound to come across the odd #@!?......

I didn’t quite achieve a zero spend weekend but not far off it!

I spent £11 (used dog walking money) to have my eyebrows threaded and tinted, costs £10 and £1 tip. This could have waited until this week but had nothing on and they did need done. I know this isn’t how you are suppose to work, if you don’t have the money then you can’t have it/do whatever...but I will replace the money on Friday which is already in July’s budget to be paid for.

I also agreed to go out for lunch...decided I would just use the free no interest £25 allowance on my overdraft, bad I know! Went for lunch and ordered a lamb burger, it came and it was disgusting!!! Had a sour taste to it and was SO pink! I like my beef practically alive and moving on my plate but this was one step too far, plus tasted vile! The manager took it off the bill with 20% off the rest of the food and 10% off drinks because although he offered to make me something else we waited 50 minutes on this coming and I was with my friend and her 2 kids who were all finished plus the awful taste had put me off!! In the end my friend paid for my coke, and she had picked me up so luckily for me it didn’t cost anything.

And then who know what was going through my head but I decided to order a takeaway for dinner...couldn’t make up my mind and was going through the JustEat app on my phone came to £16.50 but wanted to make a change (this place can never read the notes you add in!) and was told it was an hour-hour and a half wait!!!! I decided just to leave it and make something instead.

Soooo could have been a spendy weekend but thankfully I reigned it in and actually proud of myself! My freezer has had a mini dent in it but still jam packed, which is a good thing as I have no money until payday on Friday!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family