PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Trying to buy with Redrow

Options

Comments

• Haylescom
    Haylescom Posts: 342 Forumite
    Options
    If the sales staff are so rude I wouldn't be considering doing business with them.
    On another point I don't think they're trying to pull a fast one; they'll put houses on the market for whatever price they think people will pay. My new build is detached with a garage; the same sized semi detached with no garage that went on sale 2 months later is £15k more.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Atirez wrote: »
    This whole conversation has been a waste of time.

That's what happens when one has a closed mind. I'd guess that the sales staff haven't been rude either. Just fed up with your constant badgering. People doing their job can only have so much patience with customers.
  • Atirez
    Atirez Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    That's what happens when one has a closed mind. I'd guess that the sales staff haven't been rude either. Just fed up with your constant badgering. People doing their job can only have so much patience with customers.

How have I been close minded? And now I am the reason the sales staff have been rude. Amazing.

I will run there now and say. Thanks. I know you indicated it was 260, I felt as if I was robbing you and was going to give you more anyway. Thanks for increasing the price. But maybe the house will be worth even more than that and call it half a mill. Hey you may be selling bigger houses for less money but I've been a royal !!!! and I deserve your condescension.
  • marksoton
    marksoton Posts: 17,516 Forumite
    Options
    I honestly don't know why people deal with developers and new builds.Just a costly hassle.

Especially FTB's....
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How have I been close minded? And now I am the reason the sales staff have been rude. Amazing.

I will run there now and say. Thanks. I know you indicated it was 260, I felt as if I was robbing you and was going to give you more anyway. Thanks for increasing the price. But maybe the house will be worth even more than that and call it half a mill. Hey you may be selling bigger houses for less money but I've been a royal !!!! and I deserve your condescension.
    I'm starting to feel sorry for the sales staff.
  • fashionvictim
    Options
    I just wanted to say this is the same with all developers each release the price will increase.

The new build I'm buying with Taylor wimpey exactly same house in same road show on land reg sold prices as selling in
    Oct 2015 for £ 387k
    Dec for 395 (I reserved in Dec for £ 419k)
    Reserve now for next release ready April 2016 at £425K

I had no problem with the mortgage valuation and it was valued off plan/show home as at the point was only at first level of brick.

It's what you can afford, and what you are prepared to pay. If it's over priced then everyone will struggle to get mortgages.

I could buy something for the same price in the area but it's not all new. And all house buying pre-owned or new has stresses, vendors like sales staff just want to sell the properties.

I should be in my new build now but it's been delayed, these builders are a law to themselves. They don't care there is 10 more people waiting to take your place. You either want to play the game or you don't.
  • Atirez
    Atirez Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    I'm starting to feel sorry for the sales staff.

congratulations you have !!!!ed me off. I was pretty annoyed when I came on the site and I was looking to get help of people. You have done exactly what you set out to do. Derail the conversation and annoy me. This is why you continue to post because I will bite. But this is pretty funny.

We all know you have no idea how I have been with sales staff. So congratulations I am annoyed and this has just made me realise (or probably just remember) that this site and most forums on the Internet are not a place to get help or information as it is full of trolls like you with huge post counts wasting people's time and derailing conversations.

Well done.
  • makeitstop
    Options

Northampton is not quite the same as the area I'm in, and as was pointed out previously, is suffering from spill over from London. Prices are going to be far less stable there than my part of the country, but even so, to be told one price one day and then another the next day is disappointing, especially when the difference in price is so substantial.

They are clearly getting significant demand for their product, and so are adjusting prices accordingly to maximise their profits. not a new story from developers, or many other businesses, but annoying for the consumer for sure.

In your position, I'd be inclined to buy the larger house at £295, but then again, if it's not the house you really want (which it clearly isn't) then it's hard to know whether that's the right move or not. If it's a long term house, then perhaps pass on it, but if it's shorter / medium term, it might pay to go for it, especialy in view of the fact that the latest releases appear to be marketed for significantly higher prices.
  • marksoton
    marksoton Posts: 17,516 Forumite
    Options
    congratulations you have !!!!ed me off. I was pretty annoyed when I came on the site and I was looking to get help of people. You have done exactly what you set out to do. Derail the conversation and annoy me. This is why you continue to post because I will bite. But this is pretty funny.

We all know you have no idea how I have been with sales staff. So congratulations I am annoyed and this has just made me realise (or probably just remember) that this site and most forums on the Internet are not a place to get help or information as it is full of trolls like you with huge post counts wasting people's time and derailing conversations.

Well done.

The problem is Adrian hasn't posted anything that isn't true....

And frankly i can't understand what resolution you think you're going to achieve...
  • makeitstop
    Options
    marksoton wrote: »
    The problem is Adrian hasn't posted anything that isn't true....

And frankly i can't understand what resolution you think you're going to achieve...

Maybe not but the posting style leaves something to be desired.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure