Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CandyCupcake
    • By CandyCupcake 21st Jan 16, 5:41 PM
    • 261Posts
    • 886Thanks
    CandyCupcake
    Starting my diary again...
    • 21st Jan 16, 5:41 PM
    Starting my diary again... 21st Jan 16 at 5:41 PM
    A bit about me... I'm 25, still living at home & have a decent paid job with a bank. I have been a member of MSE for a while now, and did used to be a regular poster but haven't been on for a good year or two (maybe more )!

I currently have outstanding debts of 8,828.86 which consist of a loan from my Grandparents, a Barclays loan (half of which is owed by an ex ) and a Barclays overdraft. My debts aren't unmanageable, but I still want rid!

My aim is to be debt free as soon as possible (no later than the end of the year), save 1200.00 to open a Help to Buy ISA and also to have savings to pay for things like insurance, vet bills etc as I currently don't budget for these and just take the hit when the time comes.

Now for the not so MSE bit, I have 2 holidays coming up in February & March, and also pick up a new car in March so this means that I'm not going to be making very big dents in my debts until March / April payday but I want to use this diary to keep me on track so that there is potential for me to make some payments and have all money together ready for the planned expenses.

Now to start budgeting...
    Family Loan 460.00/460.00
    Partner's Savings 671.93/933.72
    Halifax 260.48/1562.86
    MBNA 431.10/2730.30
Page 3
    • teaandcupcakesplease
    • By teaandcupcakesplease 15th Apr 19, 8:21 AM
    • 172 Posts
    • 440 Thanks
    teaandcupcakesplease
    Great progress! Why not make your 30th bd your debt free goal? xx 30 debt free and fabulous! X
    • CandyCupcake
    • By CandyCupcake 16th Apr 19, 7:49 PM
    • 261 Posts
    • 886 Thanks
    CandyCupcake
    Hi teaandcupcakesplease!

Now that would be amazing, debt free and a guilt free holiday paid for without credit. Now that would be the most amazing birthday present ever!

I can do this
    Family Loan 460.00/460.00
    Partner's Savings 671.93/933.72
    Halifax 260.48/1562.86
    MBNA 431.10/2730.30
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,833Posts Today

7,485Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin