Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,509
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Story of my life - we'd been joking that although the bus pass age has changed in line with pensions - at least I can get a B&Q card when I'm 60.....just read they're not accepting new applicants from beginning of September - I've missed out again as I'm not 60 till the end:o:o
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,820
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Glad you met up with your work chums & tea out too!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    When are you going for your weekend away?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,509
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    In the morning back Sunday night - it's only about an hour and a half away from home.

We tried to book for afternoon tea at Betty's tea rooms but it was full as they only take bookings for 1 room - we might queue for the general cafe but we might try somewhere else as the queues can br horrendous. As long as we go to the shop for his present I don't mind what we do - let the weekend unfold....we might even drive further into Yorkshire and come back to York to sleep.

Then the kids are taking us somewhere in a couple of weeks all together but it's a surprise. It'll just be nice being together.

Been having a tidy up and shuffling upstairs back to its proper place after visitors last week. Shattered.com
    January spends - £587.58
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Have a lovely weekend with DH . I was also sad about the B&Q card , next it will be senior concessions and railcard. Not that I am 60 for another 4 or so years.

Look forward to keeping up with your diet and blood pressure diary.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    When I was in York the q's at Betty's were dire.

There is a great cat shop in York.

Have a great time :) xx

• beanielou
    Ambassador
    Have a lovely weekend with DH . I was also sad about the B&Q card , next it will be senior concessions and railcard. Not that I am 60 for another 4 or so years.

Look forward to keeping up with your diet and blood pressure diary.

Think you & I must be the same age!:cool:

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,651
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    When I was in York the q's at Betty's were dire.
    Some things are worth queuing for :) But appreciate when you are visiting for a short time you may not want to...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Love Betty's fat rascals
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Milann hope you and hubby have had a fabulous weekend . Did the birthday present go to plan ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback