Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,495
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I know SA....it's really knocked my confidence. I'll re-group and get myself together again.....I love walking and was so pleased when I managed to get walking again and this happened.

I managed to sleep ( sort of) in bed rather than the chair last night. Ds came to take dh to get his car. I was pleased when they came home as the had to cross the Pennines on the motorway that was closed in the last lot of snow. Thankfully they were there and back before snow was bad. It's snowed virtually all day with a couple of sunny spells - watched from the window - that was enough for me....

Have been invited to a posh black tie event at 5* hotel next week. Courtesy of dh boss. I've said yes but am beginning to wonder if I should have....putting make-up on with my left hand could be fun:rotfl: as will getting into a dress of some description- not that I've got many to chose from....and I'll need to get dh to cut my food up:eek:

Today I am grateful for
    - ds and dh getting home safely from Yorkshire in the snow.
    - ds bringing lasagne to save dh cooking. He's a good un:T
    - getting my car to myself - even though I can't drive it.
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Forumite
    Beanie - I have arnica and seaweed bath salts and they are really soothing.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,641
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    milann wrote: »
    Beanie - I have arnica and seaweed bath salts and they are really soothing.

Sound good.
    I also use arnica cream & tablets.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    Forumite
    Beanie - Dd bought them for me after my last fall - some fancy organic make that I'd never buy. I was sceptical but I really did feel the difference after a soak.
    Aww bless - eldest granddaughter who is 4 has face timed and is very concerned about Grandmas bruises- took me ages to convince her I was ok and a virtual kiss would make me feel better - they live over 4 hour drive away.....
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    milann wrote: »
    Beanie - Dd bought them for me after my last fall - some fancy organic make that I'd never buy. I was sceptical but I really did feel the difference after a soak.
    Aww bless - eldest granddaughter who is 4 has face timed and is very concerned about Grandmas bruises- took me ages to convince her I was ok and a virtual kiss would make me feel better - they live over 4 hour drive away.....

Bless,thats lovely.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• System
    System Posts: 178,076
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    How have you been today Milann?
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 26,965
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you recover quickly. Hugs
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26% (lower post move compensated by EF) plus spent £10K+ on home improvements/emergency repairs
    2) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £8.063/£127,466 AVC target 6.32%
    3) FI Age 60 annual income target £12,500/30,000 41.66%
    Achievements: CC free since April 22. 1 year EF from Jan 24 & dedicated pot for home improvements
  • milann
    Forumite
    I'm ok . Still really sore if I move around - getting mightily fed up of tv....although I've had a chuckle watching Shirley Valentine - the idea of going to Greece and never coming back is quite appealing at the mo...just want to run away from everything.

I had such plans for the next few weeks....finish painting some cupboards in the hall, finish knitting cardigans for grandkids, start organising the garden - I've already planted the seeds I need - and helping dh sort shed out and knock it down to extend a bit of the garden....this last job was started last year but then I went in hospital with a kidney infection which floored me, my brother was in hospital most of the summer and I spent most of the summer visiting him....then I was in with spinal problem and I'd just got myself to a stage where I could look forward to getting straight and now THIS - it's really floored me....enough of me feeling sorry for myself - there's far worse that could be happening.

Still not looked at my finances - tomorrow is the day along with getting in touch with the doctor to organise a sick note. I'm guessing I'll be on half pay pretty soon as I've not been back at work long.....tis just rubbish.

Today I am thankful for
    Staying out of the snow
    Shirley Valentine
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Not surprised you are cheesed off.
    Boo to half pay :(
    Take care xx

• milann
    Forumite
    Take no notice of me Beanie - I'll bounce back in a few days when I can move better. I was trying to work out how many breaks I've had - think it's around 10 not including fingers or toes. I find arms and hands are more inconvenient than legs as it stops me doing all the things I like doing.....I've had a good spell though it's 10 years since my last bad fracture.....and with the condition I have I know I am extremely lucky as many people can have that amount in a year not a lifetime......
    So I am also grateful for
    Having the mild form of my condition
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family