Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • YaoSong
    • By YaoSong 15th Jan 16, 11:26 AM
    • 37Posts
    • 26Thanks
    YaoSong
    Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread
    • 15th Jan 16, 11:26 AM
    Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread 15th Jan 16 at 11:26 AM
    Hi everyone,

With the number of Vodafone topics and posts within specific threads (Vodafone complaints) we are providing the standard process for submitting feedback, questions, and complaints to the Vodafone WRT (Web Forum Team). After that there are some additional routes you can take to escalate and progress your case. We do not guarantee you will get your required outcome but from experience the below advice has been very productive for many users and Vodafone customers on this forum.

- To submit a question or complaint please use the 'Contact Us' form - http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-form/index.htm

- To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

- As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. You can post it on the forum and someone such as Lee (Vodafone) will check it has been received. It can take at least 2 - 5 days for a response from Vodafone.

Escalation

Alternative options to this are using the experience and knowledge of those on the forum, but more often than not the above WRT process will be the most appropriate and constructive approach. However, there are some methods which can be employed for escalation if you have tried the above and feel your engagement is reaching a deadlock scenario:

1. Contacting Ofcom - http://www.ofcom.org.uk/about/what-is-ofcom/contact-us/
    Register your complaint with Ofcom so as a regulator they can record complaints against Vodafone (and others). This will also provide you with a reference to let Vodafone know you have informed them.

2. Contacting the Ombudsman - http://www.ombudsman-services.org/what-are-you-complaining-about-os.html
    This is an arbitration service for handling disputes and they will investigate your complaint with the objective of reaching an amicable resolution between you and Vodafone.

As a rule of thumb and for most cases, these will only be available to those who have been in contact with Vodafone for approximately 8 weeks although if you are getting no response to constructive communication and/or conversations have reached deadlock you can start these proceedings early.

The importance of EVIDENCE

• Log every conversation you have with summaries, names of the agents, and dates and times
    • Record your conversations where possible
      • The resolver app can do this, but other smartphone apps can also be utilised
      • If you decide to record the conversation you must notify the agent at the start of the call
    • Request a summarising email from the agent at the end of your call
    • It may be difficult, but try to remain calm and clear, i.e. firm, about the scenario. The agent is human and deals with many unhappy users so putting their back up will not help your case
    • Agree at least one action at the end of the call. This can be the summarising email, a response within an agreed period. This will provide timescales and constructive progress for your case.

If you reach escalation with one of the telecom monitoring bodies then all the above evidence and logs will not only save you time, but avoid any doubt or missed key events during your engagement with Vodafone.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Yao
    Last edited by YaoSong; 20-01-2016 at 9:36 AM.
Page 62
  • Vodafone
    Hi such a dommy,

Thanks for the update regarding your complaint.

Please accept my apologies for taking longer than anticipated for it to be resolved.

Greenhippo, I've checked your reference number and can see that one of my colleagues replied to you a couple of days ago.

LandofPlenty, thanks for making me aware of your concerns.

If you still need help with your complaint, please email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • sav91
    • By sav91 1st Mar 18, 9:16 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sav91
    Hi there,

I closed my account (phone contract) with Vodafone in September 2017 however the account is still showing as open on my credit file with a 0 monthly balance which can adversely affect my credit score. Please can you help me and get this closed? Thank you
    • sammyw84
    • By sammyw84 5th Mar 18, 11:59 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    sammyw84
    hi all i was advised to post my problem on here so here it goes, apologies its a bit long

its a long story but i basically need to know if we can cancel contract with vodafone? 7 months into a 2 years contract? (its my Nan's who is 77 tablet contract)

It kept freezing and wouldn't charge properly after speaking to them they advised to take it into the store to be sent off for repair.

-2 weeks later a call from repair center to say its out of warranty and it will incur a charge of 60, spoke to Vodafone customer service who said they will credit it back to my account. Spoke to a manager who will refund charge whilst it's being repaired.

-A week later a call (voicemail) to say it can't be repaired but they will call back.
    -Next thing a few days later I called them an was told it was fixed an at the shop to be collected, nan sent her grandson (who is authorised on the account) but they wouldn't give it to him without her I.d (we were not told he would need this)

-He went back the next day and was told it hadnt been repaired they have just sent it back So the shop manager said he will send it again to be done as a priority.

- another week later a call to say it's ready st the shop, I phone the shop to ensure its been fixed an was told no it has been exchanged... fair enough.

- grandson collects it brings it home, it has not been exchanged its my original one with my SIM card now missing from it an the memory card flap is broken ( it wasn't before)

- phoned up and advised to take it back to store and the guy I am speaking to will ring me at 12 till 2pm to find out when I will be in the shop so he can speak to them.. but he phoned at 2.45pm when I was home.

The guy in store advised retentions will be ringing me an will offer me an exchange or contract termination due to failing to repair it 3 times an being messed about.
    Spoke to retentions who want 300 to cancel.

we have literally had to make 20 phonecalls

sorry its long but thought it best you had all the details

since posting this i have done 2 complaints on the vodafone website and spoke to 1 person from the customer service team regarding the complaint who assured me a manager would call within 24 hours... its now been another 2 weeks nearly!!
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 6th Mar 18, 7:52 AM
    • 7,723 Posts
    • 2,487 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    The answer is no, but whoever advised you to put it on here wan't entirely helpful. Read the thread and follow the instructions to contact the WRT. All else is likely to be a waste of time.
  • Vodafone
    Hi sav91,

If you still need some help regarding your credit report, please email us via the contact details provided in post 1221 above.

sammyw84, I've replied to you here.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Paulalfc
    • By Paulalfc 8th Mar 18, 8:47 AM
    • 60 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Paulalfc
    Help needed to update credit file from Vodafone
    Hi

I need some help to get vodafone to correct my credit file as they have the wrong information recorded. I have already sent them the information that was required for them to update my credit file but so far i have heard nothing to say that this has been done and it is more than 28 days.

Can you help please?.

Thanks
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 8th Mar 18, 8:56 AM
    • 7,723 Posts
    • 2,487 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    No-one can help except Vodafone themselves or, failing that, the Ombudsman after 8 weeks of a formal complaint to Vodafone or a deadlock letter.

Of course, you could actually read this thread and follow the advice that's on it. That would have taken you about 30 seconds, since the best advie is immediatley above your post.
  • Vodafone
    Hi Paulalfc,

I've replied to you here.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 26th Mar 18, 12:23 PM
    • 5,253 Posts
    • 4,452 Thanks
    glentoran99
    Trying to get a refund from Vodafone for over a month now, Keep getting told dates which then pass with no refund its a joke
  • Vodafone
    Hi glentoran99,

I'm sorry to hear that it's taken longer that expected for you to receive your refund.

So I can get this looked into further, please email me via the contact details provided in post 1221 above.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 26th Mar 18, 2:42 PM
    • 5,253 Posts
    • 4,452 Thanks
    glentoran99
    Hi glentoran99,

I'm sorry to hear that it's taken longer that expected for you to receive your refund.

So I can get this looked into further, please email me via the contact details provided in post 1221 above.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Originally posted by Vodafone

Sent, Lets see if you can do any better than, the others who have lied to me
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 28th Mar 18, 10:07 AM
    • 5,253 Posts
    • 4,452 Thanks
    glentoran99
    No response??
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 30th Mar 18, 10:02 PM
    • 1,151 Posts
    • 386 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    To what address shall I issue a formal complaint in writing.

Thank you
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 31st Mar 18, 9:54 AM
    • 8,368 Posts
    • 6,187 Thanks
    pmduk
    It's easy enough to find online.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/complaints/
  • Vodafone
    Hi glentoran99,

Thanks for coming back to me.

If you haven't received a reply to your email, please update the thread with your email reference number so I can check to see what's happening.

In the event that you didn't receive an automated reply, please email us again with a contact number only at eforum.web@help.vodafone.co.uk and quote WRT135 in the subject line.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 7th Apr 18, 2:55 PM
    • 5,253 Posts
    • 4,452 Thanks
    glentoran99
    Never got an email reply, Never mind though got a refund, although they somehow managed to balls that up and refunded 1p too much generating a bill for 1p, I left Vodafone in October 2016....... Still getting bills FFS
    • GingerWarrior
    • By GingerWarrior 8th Apr 18, 1:10 PM
    • 170 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    GingerWarrior
    Not surprised to see that the Vodafone Complaints thread is one of the longest around.

I was hung up on by a sales adviser the other week (having waiting for 30 minutes to have my call answered) when trying to sort out moving my parents' business accounts to personal accounts with a view to upgrading as well.

Not great service for my parents, seeing that my Dad has been a customer of Vodafone for over 30 years and hasn't asked for anything when it comes to renewal.

When I called back a week later, the "offer" for my parents to stay didn't shout loyalty at all and "was the most" they could offer.

Will be calling up tomorrow and getting a PAC and advising my parents to move away from Vodafone.
    • wjohnston
    • By wjohnston 23rd Apr 18, 2:49 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    wjohnston
    Cancelled Account
    I have cancelled with my account in May last year due to the problems and failed promises of transferring my number and the poor customer service. I only had the account for about one week.

As far as i was concerned my account was closed last May as per my request.

I checked my credit report in October/November only to discover that the account was still open. I contacted Experian who advised that they would contact Vodafone.

I recently looked at my credit report again to find that the account is still active. I contacted Vodafone through email to advise that the account was still open after i closed it last year and they were contacted by Experian to confirm the same. Esentially this can have an adverse effect on my credit score and im sure it must be against data protection in still holding my personal and account details when i have specifically requested for them to close the account.

I have a phone call from a customer advisor, who advised it was a billing error but they would arrange to have it resolved. I wasnt happy due to the fact that we are 11 months on and it is still not resolved. They didnt deal with it when Experian contacted them either.

I requested all the information which Vodafone held on me due to the fact that i want to take this further either higher up in Vodafone or preferably outwith Vodafone as it appears i am not the only case this is happening too. I was advised i would have to pay 10 and wait 40 days. Surely you would expect that when Vodafone was in the wrong that this should be something which they would provide FOC and in a speedy response but it appears as i want to take it further that they make it difficult to escalate this any further.

Another call from Vodafone today to advise i have to wait till May before they can close the account....completely unacceptable. Whilst the advisor went on about policies and procedures they couldnt answer the quaetion about what policy and procedures was followed when they have now not closed my account after being requested by myself and Experian. I requested a supervisor but they didnt want to speak to me. As per there procedure i would have to wait 48 hours for a call back. They refuse to tell me how i take it any further and refuse to escalate the complaint.

They dictate on the phone about policy and procedures but no one seems to be aware what they are and the fact they should not be holding peoples personal or account details when they have requested them not to.

Horrible company to deal with thankfully i left before the contract even got started.

Does anyone know how to escalate this any further as clearly no one in Vodafone wants to deal with it?

Thanks

Will
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 23rd Apr 18, 3:59 PM
    • 7,723 Posts
    • 2,487 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Contact the WRT as instructed endlessly on the main Vodafone complaints thread. You can't stimply "end" or close a contract; it needs to run it's minimum term or you will pay that anyway. You need to give 30 day's notice to end it - perhaps where May was mentioned. Have direct debits been going out? If so the contract was still running and "open". There is no cooling off period with mobile contracts unless bought over the phone (excluding so-called "upgrades") or internet.
    • wjohnston
    • By wjohnston 24th Apr 18, 7:57 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    wjohnston
    I cancelled the contract within the 14 day cooling off period that you have with any contract that you take out.

It was bought through the internet and i spoke to a manager in May last year who confirmed the account was closed
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

52Posts Today

3,033Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin