Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • YaoSong
    • By YaoSong 15th Jan 16, 11:26 AM
    • 37Posts
    • 26Thanks
    YaoSong
    Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread
    • 15th Jan 16, 11:26 AM
    Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread 15th Jan 16 at 11:26 AM
    Hi everyone,

With the number of Vodafone topics and posts within specific threads (Vodafone complaints) we are providing the standard process for submitting feedback, questions, and complaints to the Vodafone WRT (Web Forum Team). After that there are some additional routes you can take to escalate and progress your case. We do not guarantee you will get your required outcome but from experience the below advice has been very productive for many users and Vodafone customers on this forum.

- To submit a question or complaint please use the 'Contact Us' form - http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-form/index.htm

- To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

- As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. You can post it on the forum and someone such as Lee (Vodafone) will check it has been received. It can take at least 2 - 5 days for a response from Vodafone.

Escalation

Alternative options to this are using the experience and knowledge of those on the forum, but more often than not the above WRT process will be the most appropriate and constructive approach. However, there are some methods which can be employed for escalation if you have tried the above and feel your engagement is reaching a deadlock scenario:

1. Contacting Ofcom - http://www.ofcom.org.uk/about/what-is-ofcom/contact-us/
    Register your complaint with Ofcom so as a regulator they can record complaints against Vodafone (and others). This will also provide you with a reference to let Vodafone know you have informed them.

2. Contacting the Ombudsman - http://www.ombudsman-services.org/what-are-you-complaining-about-os.html
    This is an arbitration service for handling disputes and they will investigate your complaint with the objective of reaching an amicable resolution between you and Vodafone.

As a rule of thumb and for most cases, these will only be available to those who have been in contact with Vodafone for approximately 8 weeks although if you are getting no response to constructive communication and/or conversations have reached deadlock you can start these proceedings early.

The importance of EVIDENCE

• Log every conversation you have with summaries, names of the agents, and dates and times
    • Record your conversations where possible
      • The resolver app can do this, but other smartphone apps can also be utilised
      • If you decide to record the conversation you must notify the agent at the start of the call
    • Request a summarising email from the agent at the end of your call
    • It may be difficult, but try to remain calm and clear, i.e. firm, about the scenario. The agent is human and deals with many unhappy users so putting their back up will not help your case
    • Agree at least one action at the end of the call. This can be the summarising email, a response within an agreed period. This will provide timescales and constructive progress for your case.

If you reach escalation with one of the telecom monitoring bodies then all the above evidence and logs will not only save you time, but avoid any doubt or missed key events during your engagement with Vodafone.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Yao
    Last edited by YaoSong; 20-01-2016 at 9:36 AM.
Page 60
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 5th Jan 18, 7:58 PM
    • 7,753 Posts
    • 2,511 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    So you have done everything BUT what you should have done.

Good luck with the Ombudsman then.
    • Gramsci
    • By Gramsci 5th Jan 18, 8:35 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gramsci
    Well, as I was only directed to this site and thread yesterday, I'll just have to accept that I have forgone the opportunity to employ its unearthly persuasive powers on my behalf.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 6th Jan 18, 8:15 AM
    • 7,753 Posts
    • 2,511 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    That's your choice. You're about to burn the bridge, if you haven't already done so.
    • Gramsci
    • By Gramsci 6th Jan 18, 10:58 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gramsci
    Ok I'll bite. How is the WRT going to be any more effective in resolving this issue to my satisfaction than the route I have taken ( which has been recommended by others independent of Vodafone). Why should they be any more responsive than the directors CR dept? I'm genuinely interested to know, particularly as this is not a run of the mill billing, pac number, hardware delivery etc. complaint.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 6th Jan 18, 12:11 PM
    • 7,753 Posts
    • 2,511 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Maybe you should read some of this thread then. Since you have nothing to lose why are you even asking? You can try the Ombudsman afterwards if needbe. You can't do it the other way round.
    • iproposterous
    • By iproposterous 7th Jan 18, 7:55 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    iproposterous
    I purchased a mobile phone online from the vodafone shop. The phone arrived on Friday last and I contacted the returns dept but they refused to action my request for a returns envelope to send the phone back and get a refund. I have contacted customer complaints since but in spite of numerous promises they have yet to issue a returns envelop so I can return the phone.

I have submitted a written complaint and requested that it be passed to the department manager for resolution. Should I also follow the guidelines given of the first post in this forum or should I give Vodafone more time to resolve this issue.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 7th Jan 18, 12:06 PM
    • 7,753 Posts
    • 2,511 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Yes. No. IF you want to sort it out and in a reasonable timescale.
    • astra46
    • By astra46 7th Jan 18, 4:06 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    astra46
    I moved from 3 to Vodafone. Love the network. Excellent reception.
    Its just their customer service is lacking. They offered me 20gb Data, Unlimited Calls and Texts for 16 a month 12 month sim only contract. I eventually got the deal, after going thro to Complaints. As the retentions dept didnt process my order.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 7th Jan 18, 5:18 PM
    • 7,753 Posts
    • 2,511 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    The "just" is the problem. Their administration is abysmal, customer service non-existent (at best) and they create endless problems which escalate and are rarely resolved until you contact the WRT.
    • iproposterous
    • By iproposterous 7th Jan 18, 7:03 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    iproposterous
    WRT135 [#17764460]

Have posted a summary of the problem and received the above number.

Should I keep putting pressure on Vodafone or sit back and wait until my complaint is resolved or I get a Deadlock letter.

Thanks for you help guys.
    Pete
    • Eleanor_23
    • By Eleanor_23 8th Jan 18, 11:07 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Eleanor_23
    Vodafone MSE Forum
    Hi,
    Reference number for MSE Forum 17767835.
    Do I need to do anything else?
    Thanks,
    Eleanor
    • iproposterous
    • By iproposterous 8th Jan 18, 1:50 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    iproposterous
    WRT135 [#17764460]

Had a long conversation with the web team who, I hope, have now resolved this issue. I will know in the next few days if and when I get the returns envelope from Vodafone and eventually when I receive the refund.
  • Vodafone
    Hi all,

Apologies for the delay with us returning to the thread.

If anyone is waiting for a reply to their email or requires an update regarding their account, please either update the thread with your email reference number or reply to the last email you received from us.

For anyone who would like us to look into any open complaints or queries, please email us via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • dondo
    • By dondo 11th Jan 18, 2:37 PM
    • 484 Posts
    • 156 Thanks
    dondo
    I have logged a complaint via the WRT135 link and received reference #17800620.

This is the 2nd year in a row I have had issues with my bills/package on a SIM only deal. Was promised discount and 2 months free which hasn't happened.

Look forward to hearing back.
  • Vodafone
    Hi dondo,

It's disappointing to hear that you've not had the best of experiences with us.

Your email has been received and we'll get back to you as quickly as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • iproposterous
    • By iproposterous 13th Jan 18, 6:50 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    iproposterous
    WRT135 [#17764460]

At 13:29 on 8/1/18 I had an email to say that the returns envelope had been sent but nothing has arrived with me yet :-(
    • iproposterous
    • By iproposterous 16th Jan 18, 7:18 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    iproposterous
    WRT135 [#17764460]

Here we are on the 16th and still no envelope. Have told VF if nothing arrives tomorrow then I want a deadlock letter as they seem incapable of giving me a positive outcome to this complaint.
  • Vodafone
    Hi iproposterous,

I'm sorry to hear that this remains unresolved.

We've received your latest email and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    • iproposterous
    • By iproposterous 17th Jan 18, 1:51 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    iproposterous
    Hi Lee,
    Spoke to customer services yesterday and they said that the 2/3 days I was told in an email was wrong and in actual fact it should have been 7 days.

I advised them that If I didn't receive the envelope today I will ring them on Thursday and request a Deadlock letter. I have now had almost two weeks of messing about from Vodafone and I'm just about at the end of my piece of string.
    • Eleanor_23
    • By Eleanor_23 25th Jan 18, 6:04 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Eleanor_23
    Sorted my problem through this link. Thank you as it was becoming mind numbing calling them and not getting an answer. What is with their automated phone system....still get an angry sweat when I think about it!

Thanks Lee and Dane who sorted my issue within a couple of weeks.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,220Posts Today

6,376Users online

Martin's Twitter