Dancing in the Rain

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 10 March 2017 at 9:39AM
    Back in the office and no breakfast so Le0n =£4.20, lunch= £4.50, fares =£8. So £16.70 just for going to work and eating.:eek: CRAZY. MUST TAKE BREAKFAST AND LUNCH!!!!

I went to MnS after work after a rubbish day at work. I DON’T NEED FOOD and just about managed find freezer space for my haul. Ah well. It will all get eaten in the end and there are worse crimes right? :o

I did not buy chocolate or wine or crisps. So all good there.:T

So:
    coronation chicken £2.50 to 65p

goat cheese peppers £3.25 to 85p

meat free cottage pie £3.00 to 75p
    X2
    boneless lamb leg £9.00 to £3.00
    organic lamb chops £7.64 to £2.70
    X2 packs of 2 outdoor bred pork chops
    £4.38 to £1.10
    smoked salmon £4.50 to £1.15
    fresh green soup £2.50 to 65p
    X2 beef mince 5% £5.00 to £1.25
    poached salmon £5.50 to £1.40

TOTAL £59.65 BUT I spent £14.60

I did buy 2 MnS bras in the sale (I only ever buy them in the sale) I got them half price

A bit spendy today :o
    I hope your day went well
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    A difficult but rewarding day at work today :)

A LSD :)

Today I returned the handbag I convinced myself I needed and I have NEVER USED because it is not quite everyday enough. I still don’t have an everyday bag solution but I can use the one I have until a cheaper solution presents itself. SAVED £130

The kindle I purchased will be reimbursed and instead of keeping the money it will go to my debt SAVED £70

In the past any additional money that turned up I started to plan how to spend. Now I don’t have that desire. I think hard about ‘stuff’ coming in. Do I need it? I obviously still slip up as I wouldn’t have that handbag otherwise. :o But my ‘buzz’ comes from watching the debt reduce now

Funny how things change…

I have a glass of wine whilst I type today. I have been deferring buying wine for weeks now. I forgot how nice a glass of chilled Sauvignon Blanc can be. :D

Happy Saturday

DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Sounds like progress to me! And good work on the bag, that 130 will go a long way I'm sure!

Enjoy the wine, mine is a gin!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • doingitanyway
    I don’t like the way I am looking right now. :( I am not going to beat myself up, instead I am going to make an action plan that will not cost a fortune.

Weight
    My weight has stabilised and I have lost weight but I need to get this restarted. I seem to be able to do this alone when I focus. So, the new plan is to up the fruit and veggies, take soup into work with a salad too and stay away from crisps.

Hair
    This is a bad area. Go back to hairdressers for cut, but do my own colour? Still undecided…

Face
    Do my eyebrows myself
    Book a monthly facial at a beauty training college
    Do my own facial wax (don’t ask)
    Diarise face pack Fridays once a week
    Minimum of mascara, blush and lip balm EVERY DAY

Muscle tone
    Still need to join the gym/health club. Prioritise my gym/swimming kit
    Join gym/health club

Hands
    Manicure once a month at beauty college
    Buy hand cream for each room in the house

Feet
    Book pedicure (it’s OK, work will pay for this :))

Those are my thoughts this leisurely Sunday morning :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    edited 12 March 2017 at 6:16PM
    It’s taken all my day to get up to speed with the house. So much clutter and dust :eek:

Steam cleaned hallway, kitchen and dining room floor (first getting rid of all the stuff on the floor...)

Decluttered: place mats/old top/really nice jacket (but no joy when I wear it) silver plated forks and teaspoons/new sandals (kept for years and never worn) chair cover/a chair/wet wipe holder/designer shirt/a camisole. :)

Ironing done and clothes packed away

Dining room looking great and nice to work in again :)

I lit a candle like they do at the end of obsessive compulsive cleaners when all the crud is gone and the filthy hoarder can let people in again :)

I hope you’ve all had a lovely Sunday

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,117 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    You could use a John Frieda foam to colour your hair~~tis fab :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    JL has just left. The cooker is too near the boiler so it will need to be smaller. I will have to get a smaller cooker. :(

I could be desperately upset but I am choosing to keep perspective. I can choose another. This time last year I did not have the money for a cooker and had been without an oven for over 8 years and I survived.

I pulled a chicken carcass out of the freezer and I am starting a stock for soup making as soup making calms me down :)

It’s a nice day so washing on so I can dry outside :)

At least the threat of the cooker has resulted in a clean kitchen :)

I won’t look for a cooker today I will focus on my hair, eyebrows and I will look for a gym kit in the MnS sale instead

It is okay. Onwards and upwards

Have a good start to the week reader

DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    What a shame - you seem to be taking it on the chin though. I suppose there's not a lot can be done about it, so glad you're keeping perspective.

Can you ask the people at JL to recommend a suitable alternative?

Soup making sounds great - I'm on a train right now with intermittent access to email and a deadline of lunchtime while travelling to a day full of meetings and a night away from the kids. Not so fun on this end! And i just had the soggiest bacon roll ever (on expenses, so free). I'm trying to kepe perspective here, too! :)

I hope the rest of your day is calm and relaxing!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Don't be down DIA - you get to choose two cookers! Plus - perhaps a smaller one will be cheaper?

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • doingitanyway
    Does anyone do Dave Ramsey’s baby steps?
    I’ve been watching his youtube debt free screams. They are so motivating!

Anyway, he swears the first step should be an emergency fund of £1,000. As I could not buy the oven and the handyman cannot come until the end of April and I sent back my bag I could have that £1,000 this pay day and I can pay the handyman from my April pay too. Should I do that? My thinking is:

I could save for the oven again and have it late Summer instead. I have survived this long and whilst it would be nice, wonderful actually. But, I can still cook, and the cakes I want to bake are for other people and they don’t have birthdays until Autumn onwards. I want to bake myself snacks, but Summer is coming so fruit and nuts will suffice for now…

I could also put the £1,000 towards a bathroom fund because this is the source of lots of stress for me. I said I would wait until I was debt free to do this, but the waiting is SO HARD on this one

My bank statement came and I can see I am paying half the interest I was in March and that is because the debt is nearly half the amount it was. :) I am tempted to make an overpayment on the debt just to see it go down…

How best to use the £1,000???

Ah well, at least I have options and that has got to be good news :)

Happy hump day folks

DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills