Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 4th Jan 16, 11:12 AM
    • 4,798Posts
    • 16,343Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen!
    • 4th Jan 16, 11:12 AM
    Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen! 4th Jan 16 at 11:12 AM
    Happy New Year everyone!

Well after over 6 months of being away I'm back and raring to go. So new diary time, 2015 was a carp year and I'm glad to see the back of it, so its a new year of looking forward and not dwelling on the past.

Will update some more later.x.

Page 58
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 4th Jan 18, 8:29 PM
    • 4,798 Posts
    • 16,343 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    To do today-
    Finance. DONE
    Wrap ebay parcel.DONE
    Mount Washmore x 2 loads.DONE
    Tidy dining room. GETTING THERE.
    Hoover downstairsDONE
    Put all bedroom bits back.DONE LOOKS FANTASTIC
    Sort sock bag and match up socks, throw away odd ones.

Pork casserole prepped for the slow cooker for tomorrow nights tea as we are out most of the day.

To do tomorrow morning.

Finances
    Remember ebay parcels to post.
    switch on slow cooker.
    put wash on.
    Be mindful of your self-talk. It's a conversation with the Universe."
    Debt free and saving for my future
    Long term savings £10,000 Holiday spends £1000/£349.02 Kitchen savings stage 1 £1500/£160.24
    Amazon vouchers
    £9
    • chanie
    • By chanie 4th Jan 18, 8:56 PM
    • 2,028 Posts
    • 10,563 Thanks
    chanie
    Well done with getting your task list completed.
    2018 challenge to save £1000
    Spend less - £516.13
    Live more - £1712.05
    My spending diary - Spend Less, Live More - a spending diary
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5576179
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 4th Jan 18, 9:05 PM
    • 6,183 Posts
    • 22,713 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Enjoy your day out tomorrow Pennywise xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    £5419.83 - 08/04/18 - 76.61% paid off
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 5th Jan 18, 7:32 PM
    • 4,798 Posts
    • 16,343 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Evening absolutely shattered so just a quick update to keep me straight, but have had a lovely day and DH bought lunch which was a lovely treat.

Finances done this morning and a couple of bay items relisted, also posted ebay items first thing this morning. $11 amazon withdrawn from survey site which will be around £8. Small ebay sale today £4.

Spends today a bit complicated as I had some Christmas money £80 and bought everyday clothes for holiday this summer and work clothes, so work clothes will come off my challenge amount, but holiday clothes have come out of my Christmas money, I refuse to buy work clothes with my Christmas gift money.
    Also new week starts for grocery spends and have had a veg box order and butter/milk.

Spends today-
    Veg box order £28.70
    Body shop - £16.95 - Christmas money
    Gap - £12.78 - work clothes, challenge money.
    Yankee candles - £16 - Christmas money.
    Next- holiday clothes - £27 (bought 2 skirts, maxi dress, blouse)
    Next - work trousers x2 £14

So I still have £20 of Christmas money left, £42 of personnel spends left but i'm taking DD to cinema tomorrow.

To do this week -
    Optician appointments.
    Fill out form for hospital appointment

Finances today -
    58p TT to general savings, £4 to holiday savings. $11/£8 amazon voucher redeemed.
    Weekly Grocery budget 5/1/18 - 11/1/18 £100/£28.70.
    NSD 4
    personnel spends £50/£7.90.

I have no idea if this all makes sense as i'm so tired. xx
    Last edited by pennywisepoundstupid; 06-01-2018 at 5:44 PM.
    Long term savings £10,000 Holiday spends £1000/£349.02 Kitchen savings stage 1 £1500/£160.24
    Amazon vouchers
    £9
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 6th Jan 18, 5:53 PM
    • 4,798 Posts
    • 16,343 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Evening quick update before tea, just spag bol so nice and easy.

Slept until 9am and only woke because DH brought me a cup of tea up, yesterday shopping wiped me out and i'm starting to worry if i'm going to manage going back to work, only time will tell.

Took DD to the cinema to watch pitch perfect which cost £15 or the 2 of us and I bought us a latte each as we were so cold and didn't want soft drinks from pound shop, did buy sweets in pound shop so a £2 spend there.

Listed a few items on ebay this afternoon and have some things to list tomorrow, sold a couple of bits today as well but not been paid for yet so nothing to hols fund, £1 TT made though to everyday account.

To do this week -
    Optician appointments.

Finances today -
    £1 TT to general savings, £0 to holiday savings.
    Weekly Grocery budget 5/1/18 - 11/1/18 £100/£28.70.
    NSD 4
    personnel spends £50/£24.90.
    Amazon vouchers
    £9
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 6th Jan 18, 6:17 PM
    • 6,183 Posts
    • 22,713 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Poor you being so wiped out Pennywise, fingers crossed the return doesnt wipe you out too much next week xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    £5419.83 - 08/04/18 - 76.61% paid off
    • chanie
    • By chanie 6th Jan 18, 8:00 PM
    • 2,028 Posts
    • 10,563 Thanks
    chanie
    Work will get easier every time you go in. If you get tired, give your class lines to write (do children even know what lines are? I once threatened DS with lines and he didn!!!8217;t know what I was talking about).
    Spend less - £516.13
    Live more - £1712.05
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 6th Jan 18, 8:06 PM
    • 4,426 Posts
    • 30,701 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    I hope you are able to go back to work Pennywise. Are the days you're going back consecutive or will you have a day off inbetween to recover?
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund. Save for house repairs.
    "Tough times never last, but tough people do" - Robert H Schuller
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 7th Jan 18, 4:33 PM
    • 4,798 Posts
    • 16,343 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Work will get easier every time you go in. If you get tired, give your class lines to write (do children even know what lines are? I once threatened DS with lines and he didnít know what I was talking about).
    Originally posted by chanie
    I don't think kids today know what lines are.
    Amazon vouchers
    £9
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 7th Jan 18, 4:34 PM
    • 4,798 Posts
    • 16,343 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    I hope you are able to go back to work Pennywise. Are the days you're going back consecutive or will you have a day off inbetween to recover?
    Originally posted by HairyHandofDartmoor
    Hi HHoD, days in are consecutive, but does mean I get a super long weekend to recover .
    Amazon vouchers
    £9
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 7th Jan 18, 4:43 PM
    • 4,798 Posts
    • 16,343 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Afternoon, I've had the most awful banging headache all day and can't seem to shift it, I know it is stress related (DS) and i'm worrying about him back at school tomorrow as there has been some incidents.

Went grocery shopping this morning, mainly for packed lunch bits spent £26.35 in Mr S and £7.50 in b00ths.

Finances checked and thanks to a couple of ebay sales which has been sent to hols savings and made a TT.Managed to list a few bits on ebay today as well.

Finances today -
    82p TT to general savings, £15 to holiday savings.
    Weekly Grocery budget 5/1/18 - 11/1/18 £100/£62.55
    NSD 4
    Amazon vouchers
    £9
    • chanie
    • By chanie 7th Jan 18, 9:39 PM
    • 2,028 Posts
    • 10,563 Thanks
    chanie
    Sorry about your DS and the incidents. I hope they resolve soon.

Good luck with your return to work, hope it goes well.
    Spend less - £516.13
    Live more - £1712.05
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 8th Jan 18, 8:41 PM
    • 4,798 Posts
    • 16,343 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Good evening.

Both children back at school today and even though there was lots of moaning and groaning this morning both seemed to have had a good day and DS has been picked to represent school in one of the sports he is keen on. This is where he drives me mad he is doing well academically, he is a keen sportsman both at school and outside school but he gets himself drawn into stupid things and gets into trouble, we have also noticed a trend that it is more so in the winter months as there is less for him to do at school that he is interested at lunchtime, where as after Easter holidays he will go and play cricket or tennis at lunch, but during winter months they are not allowed on the pitches. It's an all boys school so those boys that are usually letting off steam playing sport are stood around and end up fighting or playing stupid pranks. I just wish the school would cotton onto this and let them use the gym to kick a ball around, i'm sure it would cause them a lot less agro in the long run.

Anyway onto other things,Dh has been off work today so we nipped into town posted ebay parcels and left my car to have its yearly clean, yes i'm that bad at keeping my car clean, hour later and the lovely man had cleaned it inside and out and it was sparkling, i'm so proud of it now, best £20 I've spent in ages. DH also treated me to a coffee and Eccles cake in a cafe whilst we waited, then went to Halfords and bought a new back wiper blade and I had to buy a new aeriel as some barsteward had snapped mine off £24.99 spent.
    Came home and had a ceaser salad for lunch and then all the jobs I had listed didn't get done because we decided to watch Peaky Blinders after lots of people mentioning it, 3 episodes later and we realised kids would be home from school any minute and we better get tea on , lovely chilled out afternoon though.

Did manage to check finances and transfer money from paypal for some ebay sales and made a TT, also redeemed a voucher from swagbucks.
    Made a chicken and leek pie for tea and made a quick spinach and chickpea curry as the spinach was past its best, 3 portions have gone in the freezer for my work lunches.I've taken sausages out of freezer to make a sausage casserole for tea tomorrow which can be bunged in the slow cooker in the morning with whatever veg is lurking in the fridge, i'm at the hospital tomorrow so want something easy when I get home.

To do tomorrow
    Finances
    post ebay parcel.
    Mount Washmore
    Hospital appointment.
    Work bag
    Sausage casserole.

To do this week -
    Optician appointments.
    ebay listings
    Surveys
    Buy DD new school shoes
    Take DS for haircut

Finances today -
    36p TT to general savings, £10 to holiday savings. £10 amazon voucher redeemed swagbucks.
    NSD 4
    Amazon vouchers
    £9
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 8th Jan 18, 9:42 PM
    • 4,426 Posts
    • 30,701 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Sorty you're worried about DS, but it does sound like just boredom and high spirits. Have you tried suggesting to the teachers about allowing a kick around in the gym at lunchtimes?

It sounds like you've had both a productive and chilled day ,
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 8th Jan 18, 10:09 PM
    • 8,837 Posts
    • 51,776 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Sounds like a good day. Glad DS was ok at school Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0

NSDs achieved in 2018 30/60
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 9th Jan 18, 8:49 AM
    • 4,798 Posts
    • 16,343 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Hospital appointment today so feeling anxious, also worrying about work tomorrow, feel as though I've been out of it so long that I won't know what's going on. Also spoke to someone who I havn't seen since before the summer and told them about my cancer diagnosis, they were stroppy with me because they didn't know. It was so hard to tell people and I did get to a point where I couldn't keep going over the same thing, repeating the same words, answering the same questions, to which a lot I didn't have the answer to,i had to be strong for me and the kids and couldn't be strong for everyone, everytime I told someone and they cried I felt awful and so guilty, I just wanted everything to be normal, not have to continuously talk about it or have people tip toe around me, feel so down today. I've had cancer and yet feel like I've been selfish somehow for just wanting to get through each day and not think about others.

Finances done and received some survey money into bank account and sold an ebay item.

To do today
    Finances done
    post ebay parcel.
    Mount Washmore 1 load in
    Hospital appointment.
    Work bag
    Sausage casserole.

To do this week -
    Optician appointments.
    ebay listings
    Surveys
    Buy DD new school shoes
    Take DS for haircut

Finances today -
    £1.16 TT to general savings, £17 to holiday savings.
    NSD 4
    Amazon vouchers
    £9
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 9th Jan 18, 9:52 AM
    • 8,837 Posts
    • 51,776 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Big hugs. You are not selfish in the slightest and people will realise that once they are over the initial shock. You, and DH and the kids are the most important things in all this.

Hope hospital appointment goes ok Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0

NSDs achieved in 2018 30/60
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 9th Jan 18, 7:05 PM
    • 4,426 Posts
    • 30,701 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    I understand completely that you don't want to keep talking about something so upsetting and painful. I felt like that after my sister died.

Don't feel guilty. People who haven't experienced some of life's more traumatic events don't always understand how it feels.

I'm sure you will be fine at work, you are overthinking and overanalysing it. When you are back I'm sure you will just slot back in .
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 9th Jan 18, 7:52 PM
    • 5,840 Posts
    • 38,582 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Hope the hospital appointment went well and good luck for tomorrow.

When Mr SA was ill I spent more time updating people at work than I did working. Every time my phone rang everyone went quiet to listen in. You haven't been selfish, it's entirely up to you how much you want to talk about it and people should respect that.
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £296.07
    Debt £2400
    June 4 NSDs 4 AFDs
    Weight loss 0.5/6LBS
    Emergency Fund £2000/£10,000
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 10th Jan 18, 6:53 AM
    • 4,798 Posts
    • 16,343 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Thankyou all for your kind comments, I sometimes feel my life is not my own anymore.

Yesterdays hospital appointment felt like a wasted journey and I didn't get the answers I wanted or needed, sometimes I think they forget you are a person and this is your life, I know they deal with these things everyday and most become hardened to it.

Back to work today and i'm feeling very jittery, i'm sure I will be fine once i'm there.

Finances done and a small TT done, nothing tohols fund as i'm made no sales on ebay or had any monetary survey payments.

To do today
    Finances.
    post ebay parcel.
    Mount Washmore 1 load in
    work.
    buy lettuce.
    surveys

To do this week -
    Optician appointments.
    ebay listings
    Surveys
    Buy DD new school shoes
    Take DS for haircut
    get passports out check dates.
    Amazon pantry order

Finances today -
    32p TT to general savings, £0 to holiday savings. £24 amazon vouchers received,
    NSD 4
    Amazon vouchers
    £9
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

519Posts Today

6,009Users online

Martin's Twitter