* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• Evening everyone,

PINKSTEPS how did DS3 get on yesterday with his injections?

Injection went fine, although had to smile. Doctor went upstairs of the surgery to collect vial, came back down, DS then wanted the information sheet so he could read through what the vial contained and info on side effects etc. So doctor had to go back upstairs and we could hear him muttering as he was going through the bin. Must admit though, DS was correct in asking for the sheet as there was an awful lot of side effects that I might not of put with the injection.
    Any ways, all well and good, no side effects for him, he has another two and then hopefully after blood tests he should only require an injection every three months for the rest of his life.
    Scary thought though, that this was until recently a life-shortening condition.

Onwards to Christmas prep now though, getting over the hurdles
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Vulpix- your kitchen is beautiful, its a shame you have move again, but Im sure with your passion for renovation you will come up with something equally as lovely. Your ring is lovely too, your friend did a beautiful job there x

Pinksteps- Im glad the injections went well, perhaps the Dr wont be in as much of a rush to throw the paperwork away next time lol!
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • Treasurequeen
    Treasurequeen Posts: 615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Vulpix The ring looks stunning and the kitchen looks great too, well worth it. Just think the next time you move you will know what you are doing, you have the decorating flare. :T

Pinksteps I'm glad that the injection went ok, I always ask what the side effects of things are now as I had a bad experience a few months back. You would think that the doctor would have said what the side effects could be so you would be aware and keep an eye out for them.

It's been a busy week for me going to and from the hospital for tests, today was the worst one but it wasn't as bad as what I thought it would be. compared to what I went through earlier in the week with my GP practice hospital was a walk in the park.

Nothing Christmassy to report apart from I'm reading a Christmas novel I got as a present as I'm needing some festive cheer in July. :rotfl:
  • Treasurequeen, any recommendations in the Christmas novels? After the past few weeks I've had you've put me in the mood for some festive me time.
  • FeistyFidget
    FeistyFidget Posts: 1,368 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Peppapig wrote: »
    Wow VULPIX I am in love with the ring and the kitchen, well worth the wait on both counts.

FEISTY hope you get a date sorted soon. I've become much more interested in Mr Tumble since we realised that DGS is non verbal. It's so lovely the way he is picking up the signing too. He has picture cards that he can use as well and he definitely manages to get his point across. I don't blame you for giving up the classes, £5 is quite a lot when little miss is goi g to use it as nap time bless her.

CHRISSY glad the shopping went well.nwe saw a he Coca Cola truck at Milton Keynes a couple of years ago but it was all a bit low key and we just looked at it and took a few photos and that was it. I think maybe we missed the actual event.

Nice to see you back 0462 (still can't get my head around the remaining numbers!).

FREE so glad things are moving in the right direction, you'll be onto your Christmas lists before you know it.

Had a fairly restful day today but have used up one of my Christmas bargains already. Our lovely next door neighbour put six new fence panels up for us at the weekend. We did a joint order because we both had quite a few panels to replace and he not only put his up but did ours too so I used one of the champagne buckets I bought and a hamper basket I was saving, bought four bottles of wine, two packets of Pringles and made up a thank you hamper with some packing and a roll of cellophane and some ribbon that I was saving. I'm really pleased with it but need to alter my Christmas spreadsheet now lol. I think my iPad has a mind of its own, I have to keep going back and correcting stuff because what it's putting out definitely isn't what I'm typing in!

I love the fact that Mr Tumble was originally created to cater for extra special children and yet it is now CBBCs biggest earner and Justin is apparently worth gazillions. I think it is important for all children to be familiar with the concept that not everyone is the same, but we must all be treated the same. I didn't mean that to sound condescending at all, it is just something that I feel quite in awe of.
    Pinksteps wrote: »
    Injection went fine, although had to smile. Doctor went upstairs of the surgery to collect vial, came back down, DS then wanted the information sheet so he could read through what the vial contained and info on side effects etc. So doctor had to go back upstairs and we could hear him muttering as he was going through the bin. Must admit though, DS was correct in asking for the sheet as there was an awful lot of side effects that I might not of put with the injection.
    Any ways, all well and good, no side effects for him, he has another two and then hopefully after blood tests he should only require an injection every three months for the rest of his life.
    Scary thought though, that this was until recently a life-shortening condition.

Onwards to Christmas prep now though, getting over the hurdles

Well done for DS asking about side effects, typical doctor trying to rush through the appointment without discussing everything first.

I'm in need of your help lovelies. I want to make little Miss Feisty and some other littleies personalised elf on the shelf, but they are really pricey for just the elf. Does anyone know where I may be able to get them cheaper? I've tried eBay and Amazon, but costly
    [/COLOR]
    2024 Challenges
    Live in the moment more and appreciate the small things
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Evening everyone, i woke up with a migraine today so was in bed all day until half four :mad: and it is still hanging around now, i hope it goes tonight as i want to help DD1 with the garden tomorrow now i feel a bit stronger and weather permitting

PEPPAPIG i still really love your idea of the ice bucket hamper i just havent got anyone to do one for :D

VULPIX aww thankyou my lovely, haha how lovely a tree as well, its big enough! My dream kitchen table and christmas tree haha

PINKSTEPS so glad DS was ok with the injection even knowing the details and side effects, good for him! My pharmacist keeps telling me when my meds react together it bl**dy annoys me that the dr dishes them out but doesnt check what reacts with what, the other week i had quite a bad reaction and didnt know what it was from and then when i picked my meds up he warned me and i realised that it was the morning i took both of the meds together, now i am scared to take the painkillers because he warned me they dont go together too good with the anti anxiety meds :mad::mad:

TREASUREQUEEN i hope your tests are all ok and next week is much quieter, then you can concentrate on your christmas book :D

FEISTY i love Mr Tumble and i think he is great with kids, there is a lot of nastiness about him on the internet and it makes me so mad! If you join MSGIGGLEWICKS Christmas Elf Antics on FB and ask that question about the elves they will tell you of a place in China a lot of them have used to buy exact replicas of the Elf on the Shelf and for much cheaper prices
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi,Pinksteps,great news that your son was ok having his injection,lets hope he feels better soon.

Treasurequeen,tests can be grim,at least they are out of the way now.

Fiesty,I can't help with elf on a shelf I am afraid.I think it's a lovely idea.It wasn't around when my children were young.I also know nothing of Mr Tumble other than the little boy next door where we used to live used to call Mr V Mr Tumble!I had to google him.

Free or should I say Charlie Dimmock, hope the head clears and you can get in the garden.I just love being out in the garden,even if I don't do much it brightens my day.

I have had another hospital appointment today then went to see Mr V's son who did a little job on my car.We went for lunch which was lovely.I then met Mr V's eldest daughter for a coffee in ikeya.couldn't find anything to buy for Christmas.

I am playing at a festival type thing tomorrow with my samba band.The weather forecast is grim.British summer eh?

Vx
     :
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Loving the idea of the samba band VULPIX, hope the weather is kind to you.

FEISTY I was going to say the same as FREE, MRS G's FB group are always the first to spot EOTS best buys. Maybe pm MRSGIGGLEWICK if you don't want to join the group. Think something called Ali express is ringing a bell.

Good on DS PINKSTEPS, I think sometimes we hold back on asking the things we should. I must admit I never really want to know about side effects because I talk myself into them so I get DH to read them and keep them to himself but watch out for any warning signs - then I do the same for him lol.

Sorry to hear about your migraine FREE, DH was the same yesterday, he woke up with severe headache, was sick and spent the rest of the day asleep. Finally got up about five feeling steamrollered. Hope you're better today and can get out in the garden if the weather is ok. Our grass needs cutting again, can't believe how quickly it grows with all this blooming rain!

Not much going on here at the mo though have been doing some FB and eBay selling to try to replenish some of the money I spent in the Cath Kidston sale, I seem to have gone a bit bonkers this time lol. Also dog sitting DD's chihuahua while she's on holiday - seems strange having a dog in the house again after losing our lovely Bonnie.

Happy weekend everyone!
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • princesskitty29
    princesskitty29 Posts: 1,273 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Hi all. I happened to do some unplanned Christmas shopping today which was nice! DH and I popped to a local National Trust beauty spot with Wiggle and I found some books in the shop that would make excellent Christmas presents. Does anyone know the Ladybird How It Works books? It’s basically books by Ladybird that are for adults but done in the old children’s book style. I bought two ‘How It Works: The Wife’ books for two of my friends, it’s basically an amusing book about being a wife. I also bought two amusing books about being a Grandparent for my parents and my in-laws. I love coming across things like this and I’ve updated my spreadsheet! I've been doing some selling on Facebook with moderate success, but every little helps! I'm arranging to buy a Peppa Pig Christmas dvd off of someone at the moment for £1 which will be perfect for our Christmas Eve hamper for Wiggle. I also came across these the other day and I am SO going to get them for my hot chocolate station:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/57g-Gingerbread-Sugar-Sprinkles-Christmas/dp/B005HW9G92

vulpix what a beautiful ring and such a lovely idea. And what an amazing kitchen! It looks worth all of the effort and I hope you enjoy it.

Feisty oh I hope you get a date soon, it’s not nice having these things hanging over your head. Well done on cleaning the house! :T I know what an achievement this is. Wiggle is nearly 22 months and I’m now feeling pretty much on top of things. I don’t think you can ever feel 100% on top of things, but it does get easier! I found it difficult with paid classes to, I used to like a sensory group I took Wiggle to when he was a baby but he used to scream most of time so it wasn’t worth it! I don’t have an elf I’m afraid so I don’t know the answer to that one.

freespirit oh bless your DS for buying you that nativity set! I bet you had tears! You will be able to take pride in your garden, you’ve made a start and that’s usually the hardest part. I hope your migraine went in the end and that you are feeling better.

Peppapig that sounds like a lovely gift you made up, I’d be happy to receive it! My phone always decides to say something I’m not when I’m typing!

Pinksteps I’m glad to hear the injection went well and relieved that they now have this treatment in place.

Treasurequeen I’m sorry to hear you’ve been having tests and they haven’t been great, I hope you’re ok.
  • Treasurequeen
    Treasurequeen Posts: 615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Pinksteps wrote: »
    Treasurequeen, any recommendations in the Christmas novels? After the past few weeks I've had you've put me in the mood for some festive me time.

I have got a couple that I read again and again each year:
    - Just for Christmas by Scarlett bailey
    - twelve days of Christmas by Trisha Ashley

I have got a couple books set by that I got as gifts to read this Christmas. The chocolate lovers Christmas. And another one I cant remember off the top of my head. I try and get a new Christmas novel every year (or two) :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure