Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FloppyDisk
    • By FloppyDisk 21st Dec 15, 3:35 PM
    • 629Posts
    • 4,223Thanks
    FloppyDisk
    From Flat to Farmhouse
    • 21st Dec 15, 3:35 PM
    From Flat to Farmhouse 21st Dec 15 at 3:35 PM
    Hello everyone, I am hoping some of you might recognise my name and no, my mission hasn!!!8217;t changed, I still have lofty ambitions of upgrading from my flat to something a little more spacious.

So where were we? Oh yes, paying 400 a month in interest on my mortgage! I need to start 2016 with a renewed vigour towards my financial management. Whilst this won!!!8217;t be wholey directed at the mortgage, I have found the community of MFWers so helpful in getting the balance right. Despite having the all-important spreadsheet, I have gotten a bit lost with my finances with the poor interest rates and having to use current accounts for savings, so I need to do a proper audit.

As old friends will know, I have the slight disadvantage of being owned by an event horse who insists on having the best of everything. I am also severely hampered by my inability to cook and tend to fritter money away buying lunches.

It is lovely to be back and focused on security, I have missed you all!
    Last edited by FloppyDisk; 02-01-2018 at 1:07 PM.
Page 11
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 1st Mar 18, 7:20 PM
    • 3,591 Posts
    • 30,127 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    I am full on looking for one.
    • FloppyDisk
    • By FloppyDisk 5th Mar 18, 12:26 PM
    • 629 Posts
    • 4,223 Thanks
    FloppyDisk
    Oooooh, a full on horse! Will it be a share with kiddo?

I'm sure I will get itchy feet now it is lighter, but this winter horse-free has been quite a piece of cake!

Waiting for the vendors to get back to us with responses to enquiries, then we are all ready to exchange. We had said we wanted to move before the end of next month, so I'm sure everyone feels like that is plenty of time, but when that involves giving a month's notice on a certain day of the month it makes it a bit more tricky.

Mortgage- 417,249
    BTL- 162,915

• smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 7th Mar 18, 4:44 AM
    • 3,591 Posts
    • 30,127 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Yes a share with Kiddo.

Going to see one Sunday.

IME you never get to move quite when you want.
    • FloppyDisk
    • By FloppyDisk 8th Mar 18, 8:48 AM
    • 629 Posts
    • 4,223 Thanks
    FloppyDisk
    Fingers crossed for Sunday! Are you avoiding TBs now? I'm attempting to do heaps of core work so if I do get another I will hopefully be harder to buck off.

If we can exchange in the next 2 weeks we could time it so we don't pay any extra rent.
    Last edited by FloppyDisk; 09-03-2018 at 8:39 AM.

Mortgage- 417,249
    BTL- 162,915

• FloppyDisk
    • By FloppyDisk 19th Apr 18, 12:09 PM
    • 629 Posts
    • 4,223 Thanks
    FloppyDisk
    Just had an email confirming that our mortgage has arrived with the solicitor - We are going to move into our dream house tomorrow

Mortgage- 417,249
    BTL- 162,915

• Elephantchunks
    • By Elephantchunks 19th Apr 18, 10:39 PM
    • 137 Posts
    • 717 Thanks
    Elephantchunks
    Fab news! Hope the move goes smoothly for you both. Enjoy!
    Live a lot. Love a few. Always paddle your own canoe.
    • FloppyDisk
    • By FloppyDisk 24th Apr 18, 9:26 AM
    • 629 Posts
    • 4,223 Thanks
    FloppyDisk
    We are in! It's lovely, and there are horses next door - possible livery maybe???

Only trouble is that it is enormous and all of our furniture is looking a bit dwarfed, so we need to acquire lots of new 'stuff' but we are both fans of reclamation yards and charity shops for that sort of thing. To the other end of the extreme, we want to do lots of re-jigging to move the kitchen and add in another bedroom, and longer term - an en-suite. Over paying the mortgage is not top priority but I will try to throw some Tilly Tidies that way to make some progress. We have a few weeks before our first payment so it will be a big one when it comes.

Mortgage- 417,249
    BTL- 162,915

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

421Posts Today

5,815Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin