Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 8th Dec 15, 6:55 PM
    • 8,706Posts
    • 9,308Thanks
    pappa golf
    parking eye + Equita PLEASE READ
    • 8th Dec 15, 6:55 PM
    parking eye + Equita PLEASE READ 8th Dec 15 at 6:55 PM
    please read this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5375731 ,

BEFORE ringing or writing to parking eye or Equita

watch the thread , read it daily to see what has been added , also check pepipoo and other forums

DO NOT do anything rash , the letter sent is just from a debt collection company

and just to make you smile

TV licencing = Capita group
    Parking eye = Capita group
    Equita = Capita group

the courts have a max figure they can make you pay Parking eye add 50 for dubious solisitors costs

now they are sending you letters for 175-200 , however if they go to court and you loose , and don,t kick off this is the max they can get

yes , parking eye have just kicked out DR+ and are doing it in house

and they will have to pay THERE solicitor about 300 , so its a loose loose for them
    Last edited by pappa golf; 08-12-2015 at 7:15 PM.
Page 9
    • maxmycardagain
    • By maxmycardagain 13th Jul 18, 11:13 AM
    • 4,578 Posts
    • 3,717 Thanks
    maxmycardagain
    So is Equita just buying "debts" owed to PE or working for them?

I have a request to pay a ticket from last September (one of 3 i challenged, the first pair were cancelled) and now Equita keep telling me about the Beavis case, well i dont contend the fees are fair or unfair but i was parked in a bay without warning signs for taxis (i was a taxi driver)........... PE dont seem keen to take me to court on this one (and i did present the facts)
    Dont worry, be happy
    • waamo
    • By waamo 13th Jul 18, 11:17 AM
    • 3,608 Posts
    • 4,772 Thanks
    waamo

I have a request to pay a ticket from last September (one of 3 i challenged, the first pair were cancelled) and now Equita keep telling me about the Beavis case, well i dont contend the fees are fair or unfair but i was parked in a bay without warning signs for taxis (i was a taxi driver)........... PE dont seem keen to take me to court on this one (and i did present the facts)
    Originally posted by maxmycardagain
    Essentially Equita is Parking Eye. They are owned by the same parent company. What it looks like is happening is that they are just shoving the numbers around internally.
    This space for hire.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Jul 18, 11:19 AM
    • 18,344 Posts
    • 29,025 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Equita is (or perhaps now 'was' after PE's sale by Crapita yesterday) PE's sister company. From many posts about them we believe that PE pass cases over to Equita where they (PE) have no authorisation from the landowner, or the evidence they have is too shaky to proceed to court.

Where was your ticket acquired?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 13th Jul 18, 12:14 PM
    • 7,766 Posts
    • 10,343 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Originally posted by maxmycardagain
    Equita cannot buy parking so called debts.

That is why you never see Equita take people to court
    over unpaid tickets, only PE can do that.

More like passing from one desk to the another, just
    like the way the IPC/Gladstones system works.

PE use Equita as a last resort and even PE know that
    in the great parking scam .... Equita are useless
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,517Posts Today

9,183Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @mmhpi: "Two years ago, I was in the fortunate position to be able to found @mmhpi... I?m incredibly proud of the work the team there is?

• It means you should either have an annual policy in place, or book a specific single trip policy when you book https://t.co/oBDx8TmzQU

• The fight to divorce mental health and debt... https://t.co/G3pyGje6Kh

• Follow Martin