Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 8th Dec 15, 6:55 PM
    • 8,706Posts
    • 9,307Thanks
    pappa golf
    parking eye + Equita PLEASE READ
    • 8th Dec 15, 6:55 PM
    parking eye + Equita PLEASE READ 8th Dec 15 at 6:55 PM
    please read this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5375731 ,

BEFORE ringing or writing to parking eye or Equita

watch the thread , read it daily to see what has been added , also check pepipoo and other forums

DO NOT do anything rash , the letter sent is just from a debt collection company

and just to make you smile

TV licencing = Capita group
    Parking eye = Capita group
    Equita = Capita group

the courts have a max figure they can make you pay Parking eye add £50 for dubious solisitors costs

now they are sending you letters for £175-200 , however if they go to court and you loose , and don,t kick off this is the max they can get

yes , parking eye have just kicked out DR+ and are doing it in house

and they will have to pay THERE solicitor about £300 , so its a loose loose for them
    Last edited by pappa golf; 08-12-2015 at 7:15 PM.
Page 8
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Feb 16, 3:45 PM
    • 57,473 Posts
    • 71,057 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Is the advice still the same regarding parking eye, not to pay, ignore letters ect..... ?
    They are still sending letters in 2016... from 2013
    I was apparently parked in a space where I should not have been, I was a genuine shopper not a Stevenage football fan using the car park. I to have taken advice and ignored all leters.
    It's my husband they are writing to but me who drove the car at Christmas.
    I was only Christmas shopping!!!
    Originally posted by skywalker65
    So what happened when you decided to complain to the Retail Park, now or earlier? Even when the advice used to be ignore (in 2012 or earlier, so you were wrong to ignore it if this was as late as Christmas 2013) we still always suggested complaints to the retailers to hit the scum where it hurts.

Read the NEWBIES thead, ther is a link 'Successful complaints about PPCs' where people have got these cancelled either early doors (as you should have done two years ago) or even years later by marching in and speaking to the Store manager or by assertively contacting the landowner or their agents to get them to cancel this, even now.

You MUST insist (in fact your husband must do the complaining). He could well be sued otherwise because that's what PE have done since 2013.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 09-02-2016 at 3:48 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Herbie21
    • By Herbie21 11th Feb 16, 9:23 PM
    • 521 Posts
    • 1,064 Thanks
    Herbie21

The newspaper went directly to Morrisons who got the original ticket cancelled. The store then came out with the stupid statement that if the customer had complained directly to them and and had produced a receipt then they would have cancelled it immediately. I don't suppose there are notices either in store or around the car park to mentioning this. Instead they rely on motorists being mind-readers. Pathetic.
    Originally posted by trisontana
    Complaining direct to any supermarket about private parking tickets is best achieved by posting publicly on the supermarket's Facebook page.

Make sure that anything you post is accurate. With large supermarket chains losing business to the likes of Aldi and Lidl, they would not want to lose a regular customer because of the actions of these dreadful private parking companies.
    • mulberryellie
    • By mulberryellie 4th Dec 16, 9:16 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    mulberryellie
    Hi

Just to say that Equita appear to have spewed out another series of mailshots digging up old PE tickets.

I received a NTK back in 2014 for Shires Retail Park in Leamington Spa for a supposed overstay. The driver mmediately contacted 2 retailers who agreed to issue PE with instruction to cancel.

Apart from receiving a PE reminder that I assumed (oh dear) crossed with Debenhams/Caffe nero instructions heard nothing more from PE.....including no confirmation of cancellation I now realise.

So In mid Oct 2016 I start receiving the Equita letters same as others have posted.....referring to "recent" correspondence from PE but giving no other details. The letters have been approx 2 weeks apart with the last being a supposed " Final Notice" from Equita. This was not a LBCCC I did make sure of that.

I have ignored Equita so far as I plan to deal with PE as/when they contact me. In the interim should I re contact both Debenham's and Caffè Nero and ask them to re contact PE instructing cancellation of ticket? (Stupidly it was only about Sept 2016 that I threw out all The original PE NTK letters as I thought it was over). I know better now.

So, I am preparing for a LBCCC and my response is Gans template.....dispute of debt, no admission of driver, request for information re right to sue etc etc and also preparing for Scc just in case I end up there.

Any thoughts if I should do anything different or in addition?

Thanks

Is it
    • Marco Brandon
    • By Marco Brandon 4th Dec 16, 2:07 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Marco Brandon
    Take this to Twitter!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Dec 16, 12:20 AM
    • 57,473 Posts
    • 71,057 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    In the interim should I re contact both Debenham's and Caffè Nero and ask them to re contact PE instructing cancellation of ticket? (Stupidly it was only about Sept 2016 that I threw out all The original PE NTK letters as I thought it was over). I know better now.
    Yes, urgently.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• mulberryellie
    • By mulberryellie 9th Dec 16, 7:46 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    mulberryellie
    Hooray - Savills instructed PE to cancel my ticket
    Hi all

Quick update. I contacted Savills (property management of shopping centre ) and boots and Debenhams and Caffè Nero yesterday lunchtime.

(I emailed the head of Savills commercial property division complaining that to dig up almost 3 year old tickets is totally unreasonable) ......one hour later I was contacted by Savills regional director who rang me personally and less than 24 hours later the ticket has been cancelled by Parking Eye.

It will be interesting to see what action the 3 retailers I wrote to take......

But the main thing is victory to me and another loss for PE and Equita
    • mulberryellie
    • By mulberryellie 9th Dec 16, 7:54 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    mulberryellie
    Update here is Debenhams appalling response......quite a fob off:

Dear xxxxx,

Our reference:

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to learn about your disappointment regarding the parking charges.

I regret to inform you that the car parking is handled by a third party vendor and we are unable to access the details.

I would request you to contact the details given on the parking receipt and they will be able to assist you further.

Once again, please accept my apologies for all the inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind regards,

Atul
    Debenhams Customer Services
    • mulberryellie
    • By mulberryellie 9th Dec 16, 7:57 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    mulberryellie
    And this is my reply to Debenhams :

Dear sir

This is not an acceptable response to one of your customers and I would like this matter escalated to a senior manager.

I am not prepared to spend hundreds of pounds in your Leamington Spa store to receive a parking ticket in error.

I understand that the parking operators will cancel tickets on the requests of retailers and therefore I expect Debenhams to intervene on my behalf.

You have all the necessary information in my first communication to you.

A copy of this email and your reply is being sent to your CEO as I am so appalled at your fobbing off of a GENUINE customer.

I look forward to hearing from you and please be so kind as to state your full name and position when you reply.

Thank you
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 9th Dec 16, 8:00 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,307 Thanks
    pappa golf
    Update here is Debenhams appalling response......quite a fob off:

Dear xxxxx,

Our reference:

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to learn about your disappointment regarding the parking charges.

I regret to inform you that the car parking is handled by a third party vendor and we are unable to access the details.

I would request you to contact the details given on the parking receipt and they will be able to assist you further.

Once again, please accept my apologies for all the inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind regards,

Atul
    Debenhams Customer Services
    Originally posted by mulberryellie

please define "vendor"
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Dec 16, 2:15 PM
    • 57,473 Posts
    • 71,057 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    And this is my reply to Debenhams :

Dear sir

This is not an acceptable response to one of your customers and I would like this matter escalated to a senior manager.

I am not prepared to spend hundreds of pounds in your Leamington Spa store to receive a parking ticket in error.

I understand that the parking operators will cancel tickets on the requests of retailers and therefore I expect Debenhams to intervene on my behalf.

You have all the necessary information in my first communication to you.

A copy of this email and your reply is being sent to your CEO as I am so appalled at your fobbing off of a GENUINE customer.

I look forward to hearing from you and please be so kind as to state your full name and position when you reply.

Thank you
    Originally posted by mulberryellie
    Well done for keeping on at them even though you have won the war, this is still a battle worth fighting for other victims. Debenhams' response is shockingly unhelpful.

• Marco Brandon
    • By Marco Brandon 11th Dec 16, 4:05 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Marco Brandon
    I like this. Escalate in all instances as far as possible. Hopefully one day the government will actually do something about it!
    • masetha
    • By masetha 24th Jan 18, 1:38 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    masetha
    Hi does anyone have an email address, fax number for CPP?
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 24th Jan 18, 1:54 PM
    • 8,492 Posts
    • 8,803 Thanks
    pogofish
    Hi does anyone have an email address, fax number for CPP?
    Originally posted by masetha
    Please don't hijack threads - read the newbies sticky and start your own thread.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 24th Jan 18, 2:56 PM
    • 3,230 Posts
    • 4,284 Thanks
    waamo
    Especially as there are several companies that use the abreveation CPP and this thread isn!!!8217;t about any of them.
    This space for hire.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 24th Jan 18, 3:32 PM
    • 9,209 Posts
    • 8,979 Thanks
    The Deep
    What about putting some bad stuff on the Facebook page, that usually gets their attention.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Ls2008
    • By Ls2008 16th May 18, 8:29 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ls2008
    Parking eye parking ticket and equita letter
    I too have received a letter from equita stating that parking eye have informed them of an unpaid parking fine. I paid and displayed for 2 hours and left after 1hour 42 mins. I don’t see how I can be fined.
    I Have ignored the letters like people have said to on here but just wondered if he letters you received eventually stopped? Did you pay the fine or simply carried on ignoring them?
    I’m really worried someone will come around and demand items from my home.
    Thank you.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th May 18, 8:42 PM
    • 57,473 Posts
    • 71,057 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I'm really worried someone will come around and demand items from my home.
    You've been watching too much ''can't pay, we'll take it away'' on TV maybe? No-one can come round, no-one comes knocking, they can't send the bailiffs in! They haven't won a court claim.

Equita letters mean PE are not suing you.

Complain to the landowner retailer and get them to cancel it.

This thread is ancient! You seem to have missed the entire current forum. See my signature, click where I tell you to. READ TODAY'S THREADS. Come off this ancient archive one.

• Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 16th May 18, 8:47 PM
    • 2,608 Posts
    • 3,267 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    oh dear ... you have posted on an old thread ......

so I suspect you are not used to forums

right please have a read of the newbies thread

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

this will explain most questions

then start a new thread by going here

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163&order=desc

and look for the new thread button .....

please do the above ........

no one will becoming round to your house ... unless you keep your hear buried in sand .... you have to be taken to court ... loose ..... keep ignoring ..... and more ....

oh and if you are using a phone to browse .. then a PC / laptop will help

Ralph
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 16th May 18, 9:18 PM
    • 7,340 Posts
    • 9,787 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I too have received a letter from equita stating that parking eye have informed them of an unpaid parking fine. I paid and displayed for 2 hours and left after 1hour 42 mins. I don’t see how I can be fined.
    I Have ignored the letters like people have said to on here but just wondered if he letters you received eventually stopped? Did you pay the fine or simply carried on ignoring them?
    Thank you.
    Originally posted by Ls2008
    Do what Ralph has said please.

Let's get logical here, the days of the Kray Twins and
    Peter Rackman. (google them if you don't understand)

Nowadays, it is the courts that instruct door knockers
    and ONLY if you lost and did not pay

Tin pot debt collectors like Equita are just trying to scare
    you and still thinking they are Peter Rackman, it's just
    a low life imagination

Chill it has not even gone to court, take note from
    coupon-mad
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • waamo
    • By waamo 16th May 18, 11:04 PM
    • 3,230 Posts
    • 4,284 Thanks
    waamo
    Thank you.
    Originally posted by Ls2008
    Ignoring tickets has not been advised since 2012 some 6 years ago. It's probably best to get up to date advice.
    This space for hire.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

738Posts Today

6,124Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin