Flo's Debt Free Diary

Comments

• Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Well my wombling adventure yesterday didn't amount to anything, but i'm pleased i was able to leave the house and do it when on saturday i was left incapable of doing so.

Anyway onto the good news.............

MY BALANCE TRANSFER WENT THROUGH!

I have transferred 850 pounds of Mr Bad Credit Card (Vanquis) onto my barclay card, 0% till March 2017. I do pay interest on the 400 odd pounds that was already on the card, but that it about 8 pounds a month where as the interest on mr bad credit card was 50 quid a month and that should be halved now.

16.15 transfer fee but i'm happy.

This means i have a few Priorities with my money and will have to be much more careful with my finances.

Priority 1) Wedding Number 1
    Priority 2) Christmas
    Priority 3) Wedding Number 2

Ongoing Priority) BARCLAY CARD!!

I feel good.

Going for a jog today as I am totally going to do the Race for Life!!!!
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • Florence_J
    Really annoyed, went to tesco to buy groceries and luckily some of them were on shopitize, but tescos gave me the wrong receipt so i have missed out on 1.65.

I know some people may think 'it's only 1.65' but really every penny does matter to me.

grr, cue review on tescos views that isn't my usual flattering one. i hope they credit my clubcard with this money or send me a voucher or something.

a voucher would be great as i could double them if it arrived in time ;)
  • Florence_J
    Well it had to happen sooner or later, but I was kind of hoping it wouldn't.

Today I used a credit card for the first time this year.

I needed new sports wear. I have ONE pair of jogging bottoms and one really, really old sports bra and one that doesn't fit properly. I have a few running tops, but mostly ones i have stolen off my boyfriend.

I want to feel good about exercise, because I've got the 10k coming up, and exercise helps my mental state, and because i need to lose weight.

So i went to Peacocks and actually bought a lovely jacket, t shirt and jogging tights, plus two sports bras. I had a voucher, so got them all for 45 quid.

Not too bad price wise.

I bought them on the card I've just transferred most of the balance off. I still have an old phone to sell, as well as some paid work coming up, so i can just about justify it.

But using a credit card when i do not have a full time job is a BAD idea, so no more.

In fact I think i'm going to transfer the money over now anyway, make it right.

Silly me :)
  • Florence_J
    Have 22.11 in confirmed ebay bids, very pleased but naturally hope it goes even higher :)
  • Florence_J
    Ebay has ended at 37.63 (before fees), am very happy with that.
  • Florence_J
    Looking round the house today to sell some more things on ebay. I want a house that is clear clear clear of stuff, and a wallet that is full of money money money.

Earned 12.60 in additional income today through self employed work, have a few more hours tomorrow. Social life will be pretty quiet for the next few weeks with the football on so could make some big savings. Will really need to watch my money though as still no news on the job front.

Part of me is really enjoying the time off, part of me is worried about the future, but progress is being made and I feel good.

Off to do a meter reading now.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Florence well done on your ebaying..I have had a good month too £50 so far for 4 items. 3 toys and one of my husbands endless comics. He has thousands. Annoyingly if we want rid of the whole lot we could but a dealer would only give us about £500,whereas ae got £200 for 4 a while back . All depends who sees the comics really .
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Florence_J
    I would love a nice big comic collection, but that goes against my desire to have a house free of clutter, I'll just make do with the few I have now. :)

Thanks for the support :)

Off to post the ebay items, if i can drag myself away from a Frasier repeat, :rotfl: then off to work.

I'm very excited because I'm a massive fan of the band Suede and Brett and Mat from Suede will be at my local arts centre tomorrow because the centre is screening the film that accompanies their latest album, and I will be there watching it all. :j woo hoo!
  • Didn't want to read and run - still reading actually as this is a long journey! By the way, how is your (diet) cola no-buy going? I was drinking wayyy too much of that but starting reading about all the not so good stuff in it and saw what a chunk it took out of my shopping budget and came off sharpish. Had a BIG headache for a couple of days but am happy to no longer be a slave to the fizz!

Congrats for all you have achieved so far and keep up the excellent work. Have enjoyed your diary and will be back for more. Xx
    GOAL - debt free (except mortgage) by October 2017.
    April 2016: £11,422.95/ £9118.07 October 2016
    Emergency fund: £1428.01 October
  • Florence_J
    Didn't want to read and run - still reading actually as this is a long journey! By the way, how is your (diet) cola no-buy going? I was drinking wayyy too much of that but starting reading about all the not so good stuff in it and saw what a chunk it took out of my shopping budget and came off sharpish. Had a BIG headache for a couple of days but am happy to no longer be a slave to the fizz!

Congrats for all you have achieved so far and keep up the excellent work. Have enjoyed your diary and will be back for more. Xx

Hi tunnel, thanks for reading, i really enjoy your diary and can only hope mine might be as interesting. I will warn you there are some real ups and downs, but i like to think the 'up' always wins.

as for the no drinking diet coke. It's been fairly easy, easier than i thought, i definitely had headaches. I'm only doing it for a month and i have enjoyed the change and drinking lemonade, but my weight has fluctuated a bit as i'm no longer drinking a drink with almost negative calories :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family