Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Danny boy2015
    • By Danny boy2015 29th Nov 15, 12:21 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Danny boy2015
    Valuation done, offer received now pulled for audit??
    • 29th Nov 15, 12:21 PM
    Valuation done, offer received now pulled for audit?? 29th Nov 15 at 12:21 PM
    Hi all.

We have had an offer accepted on our first family home, had agreement in principle, valuation completed all ok, had an offer through the post the next day from the lender and three days later the mortgage has been put on hold and pulled for audit. Why would they offer the mortgage and then pull it for audit?? Very confused.
Page 2
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 8th Dec 15, 8:40 AM
    • 10,469 Posts
    • 4,134 Thanks
    amnblog
    Iceberg cases, we only ever see the top third on this forum.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • edanfalls
    • By edanfalls 10th Dec 15, 4:50 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    edanfalls
    Offer received. Then pulled for audit, then offer cancelled. Thanks TSB. Great help!! No credit issues at all. No new credit. Strong wages but they didn't like it for some reason. Merry Xmas
    Originally posted by Danny boy2015
    Oh dear, did they not even tell you why? Was it the auditors that actually cancelled it?

Ours went past the audit last week. But we're still waiting on the actual offer... supposed to complete in 9 days!!!

Apparently Nationwide have said they are waiting on information from a third-party... I've checked with my employer and they've not heard anything. Any idea who this mystery third-party could be? My employer was the only address of anyone I gave in my application...
    • Abby20
    • By Abby20 28th Jul 16, 8:01 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Abby20
    Mortgage pulled for audit after valuation
    Hi fam,

I applied for a mortgage through a broker and I got AIP , and paid 500 for valuation, only for my broker to send me an email yesterday saying my file was pulled for random audit and adverse credit was registered against my name,over 6 years ago.
    Does anyone think the lender will still make an offer .?
    What is the way forward or what should I expect ? Will the application be declined?
    Please I look forward hearing from you.
    Last edited by Abby20; 28-07-2016 at 8:04 PM.
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 28th Jul 16, 10:15 PM
    • 10,469 Posts
    • 4,134 Thanks
    amnblog
    That depends on your case and your lender.

Has your broker not spoken to you?
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Londongirl7
    • By Londongirl7 12th Mar 18, 11:41 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Londongirl7
    Audit waiting for a third party.
    Oh dear, did they not even tell you why? Was it the auditors that actually cancelled it?

Ours went past the audit last week. But we're still waiting on the actual offer... supposed to complete in 9 days!!!

Apparently Nationwide have said they are waiting on information from a third-party... I've checked with my employer and they've not heard anything. Any idea who this mystery third-party could be? My employer was the only address of anyone I gave in my application...
    Originally posted by edanfalls

I am going through same currently, do you know who the third party was and what was your outcome? thank you.
    • edanfalls
    • By edanfalls 12th Mar 18, 11:58 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    edanfalls
    I am going through same currently, do you know who the third party was and what was your outcome? thank you.
    Originally posted by Londongirl7
    It ended up clearing the audit, but the underwriters were still telling my broker that they were waiting on a third-party.

In the end, I rang Nationwide directly and they were great - they told me that the issue was that the address on my payslips didn't match any of my previous addresses. I explained that it was my employer's accountants address, rather than mine, as I get payslips by email.

After that it all went through quickly! So if you're using a broker, trying ringing the lender directly.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,356Posts Today

7,669Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin