Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 29th Oct 15, 2:22 PM
    • 16,031Posts
    • 77,877Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    The Alphabetty Happy Chatty thread
    • 29th Oct 15, 2:22 PM
    The Alphabetty Happy Chatty thread 29th Oct 15 at 2:22 PM
    Hello lovely alphabettys old and new and welcome to the new Alphabetty thread

Everyone is welcome whether or not you have previously posted
    We are very friendly so please say hello

Page 603
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 10th Aug 18, 5:48 AM
    • 12,568 Posts
    • 23,100 Thanks
    Sleazy
    I felt a bit chilly yesterday, but wrapped up in just a thick top sheet was ok with vest on, although I did think about a pyjama top as well but decided not to.

Maybe I should buy a onesie and come to bed dressed as a cat. That would shock Bobby and Mme. Sleazoir when she returns. I've been sleeping ok most of the time (night and day). Bobby miaowed a few times in the night but appeared quickly and was warm when I got up. He has a bed near my computer, but wasn't there, so had found a spot elsewhere I suppose. Anyway, he's fed and I had best get up properly now.

Sorry you didn't sleep well Pyxis. Maybe an afternoon nap will do you? But I suggest that if you do, have a proper sleep - not just in a chair or on the sofa!

See you all later, and Happy Friday!

Has anybody seen Gill? Conspicuous by her abscence she is, and slightly concerned I am ... waiting for Colin to radio in from wherever he's gorn too ....

TTFN
    (P)earl Of The Alphabetty
    Nabob Of None
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 10th Aug 18, 6:32 AM
    • 39,435 Posts
    • 145,230 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I felt a bit chilly yesterday, but wrapped up in just a thick top sheet was ok with vest on, although I did think about a pyjama top as well but decided not to.

Maybe I should buy a onesie and come to bed dressed as a cat. That would shock Bobby and Mme. Sleazoir when she returns. I've been sleeping ok most of the time (night and day). Bobby miaowed a few times in the night but appeared quickly and was warm when I got up. He has a bed near my computer, but wasn't there, so had found a spot elsewhere I suppose. Anyway, he's fed and I had best get up properly now.

Sorry you didn't sleep well Pyxis. Maybe an afternoon nap will do you? But I suggest that if you do, have a proper sleep - not just in a chair or on the sofa!

See you all later, and Happy Friday!

Has anybody seen Gill? Conspicuous by her abscence she is, and slightly concerned I am ... waiting for Colin to radio in from wherever he's gorn too ....

TTFN
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    Gill does sometimes disappear for a few days.
    She's a bit of a Facebook tart, ( Gill! ), so might be more on there at the moment.

Either that, or, during the housework she said she had to do, the vacuum has hoovered her up, and she's trapped in the bag, with no-one to hear her screams.

I bought a pack of 4 wheatless things, and had two cheese and tomato toasties made from them, but didn't rate them much.
    This morning I used up the last two with two more toasties, but have decided I don't like them much, despite the nice seeds on their tops.

Shan't get them again.

I have more bananas on the turn.
    The heat makes them over-ripen too quickly, and you can't put them in the fridge.
    I don't want to make any more ice-cream...... I have had far too much cream lately........ and I can't make banana bread because of the wheat.
    Should I try frying them? Or is there anything else I could do?

It's sunny at the moment, but rain is forecast. There were some cumuluseseseses earlier with a deep pink tinge....... red sky in the morning and all that, so perhaps rain is right.

Will go to dance class this morning......only been once this week and have been soooooo lazy! And there are hardly any classes next week, due to holidays.

Edit. Hahahahahaha! Suddenly, it was sunny in the east, and pouring with rain in the west, both at the same time...(sunny up one end of my bay window, and raining up the other end!)...... lasted about 5 minutes, so the pink tinge probably means showers today then!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 10th Aug 18, 6:39 AM
    • 39,435 Posts
    • 145,230 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I almost missed your post, Alfie, as Sleazy's one turned the page!

That Burry man is interesting! I must say, I'm learning a lot about all our strange British customs! I wonder how this one came about?

I used to hate it when my dog dived into the undergrowth and came out absolutely slavered in those tiny seeds...... not burries, but tiny hooky seeds that won't brush off.
    Her face would be covered in them , and she had a frondy tail, and that would be covered. It took me ages to pick them them all off. Some were very near her eyes, so I didn't want them getting in and scratching her eye.
    Last edited by Pyxis; 10-08-2018 at 6:42 AM.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    • AlfieBlue
    • By AlfieBlue 10th Aug 18, 7:08 AM
    • 14,253 Posts
    • 62,466 Thanks
    AlfieBlue
    Interesting article .....

One step closer to reintroducing wild lynx to Britain!

This is a promising step in recovering our declining nature and
    bringing back our missing animals. But it must be done carefully and
    properly monitored.

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2018-08-09/six-eurasian-lynx-set-for-trial-return-to-northumberland/

Alfie xxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    WASPI

Princess Alpha & Chief Faffer of the Alpha-betty thread
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 10th Aug 18, 7:19 AM
    • 39,435 Posts
    • 145,230 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Interesting article .....

One step closer to reintroducing wild lynx to Britain!

This is a promising step in recovering our declining nature and
    bringing back our missing animals. But it must be done carefully and
    properly monitored.

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2018-08-09/six-eurasian-lynx-set-for-trial-return-to-northumberland/

Alfie xxx
    Originally posted by AlfieBlue
    Better warn Colin, then!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• AlfieBlue
    • By AlfieBlue 10th Aug 18, 7:42 AM
    • 14,253 Posts
    • 62,466 Thanks
    AlfieBlue

Same here Pyxis - we had a glorious sunny start to the day
    with a lovely fresh feel .....

and the heavens just opened & down came the rain - with
    more to come!

Happy days! Sun's out again now!

That Burry man is interesting! I must say, I'm learning a lot about all our strange British customs! I wonder how this one came about?

I used to hate it when my dog dived into the undergrowth and came out absolutely slavered in those tiny seeds...... not burries, but tiny hooky seeds that won't brush off.
    Her face would be covered in them , and she had a frondy tail, and that would be covered. It took me ages to pick them them all off. Some were very near her eyes, so I didn't want them getting in and scratching her eye.
    Originally posted by Pyxis

My dogs used to get covered in those too (think they're called
    burrs?), especially my second dog ... a little C. Spaniel. Those
    sticky little blighters got everywhere and also took me ages
    to pick them all out.

I love the quirky customs in this country. Mind boggling!

Alfie xxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    WASPI

• Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 10th Aug 18, 7:47 AM
    • 12,568 Posts
    • 23,100 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Yes, Burry man was 'Burry interesting', get it?

Lynx - would be good for them to be re-introduced, although I know some farmers are against the idea. Presumably it's the smaller Iberian lynx that they're talking about - I think the Eurasian Lynx which is bigger, could be an issue.

Bobby sort of ignored me this morning, think he was upset at being locked out of the bedroom. Needs to be reminded that he's a cat, so dry-rations all weekend for you mlad, and no treats. Any continued insolence will result in an increased sentence (I always have to think about 'consecutive' and 'concurrent'), think I mean consecutive ..... help anybody?

Eggs scrambled and eaten, coffee being drunk.

"Thinking" about getting a new tablet today, with upgraded storage and Operating System . Wanted to buy it direct from Acer (have decided on the model), but they're out of stock with no ETA for more. I suspect that they may be replacing the model (I'm not a latest version snob). Anyway, I believe that the Tesco Superstore used to sell them, so might take a bus ride to see. I have my club card vouchers with me, just in case, plus I also have a £25 Tesco Gift Card which I can use.

TTFN
    Nabob Of None
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 10th Aug 18, 7:53 AM
    • 12,568 Posts
    • 23,100 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Just thought .... maybe Bobby realised that I had taken his prey.
    I did treat him afterwards, told him how brave he was etcetera, and also made appropriate noises and actions to make him think that I had 'enjoyed' birds.

Well I did 'enjoy' birdy - I had great satisfaction knowing that I had helped him cheat death.

Ps .. C Spaniels are cute!
    Nabob Of None
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 10th Aug 18, 7:56 AM
    • 12,568 Posts
    • 23,100 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Just read the Lynx article properly.
    It's the larger Eurasian Lynx that they're thinking about, that from memory can weigh 25-30 kilos, so fairly chunky .... wow!
    Nabob Of None
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 10th Aug 18, 11:56 AM
    • 39,435 Posts
    • 145,230 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Yes, Burry man was 'Burry interesting', get it?

Lynx - would be good for them to be re-introduced, although I know some farmers are against the idea. Presumably it's the smaller Iberian lynx that they're talking about - I think the Eurasian Lynx which is bigger, could be an issue.

Bobby sort of ignored me this morning, think he was upset at being locked out of the bedroom. Needs to be reminded that he's a cat, so dry-rations all weekend for you mlad, and no treats. Any continued insolence will result in an increased sentence (I always have to think about 'consecutive' and 'concurrent'), think I mean consecutive ..... help anybody?

Eggs scrambled and eaten, coffee being drunk.

"Thinking" about getting a new tablet today, with upgraded storage and Operating System . Wanted to buy it direct from Acer (have decided on the model), but they're out of stock with no ETA for more. I suspect that they may be replacing the model (I'm not a latest version snob). Anyway, I believe that the Tesco Superstore used to sell them, so might take a bus ride to see. I have my club card vouchers with me, just in case, plus I also have a £25 Tesco Gift Card which I can use.

TTFN
    I would say 'continuing' insolence, as the insolence would be carrying on.

I don't think consecutive would be right here, and concurrent wouldn't be right.

Re. consecutive v. concurrent........

Con + sequitur, where sequitur means to follow, so it would be two or more things following each other.
    Think of 'sequentially', or 'sequence'.

Con + current, where the current bit comes from a word meaning to run, so 'running with' or 'running alongside'.
    Think of 'concur' meaning to agree with.... you're 'with' that person.

Hope that helps.

Example:

A prison sentence of two three-year periods to run consecutively = a total of six years. (The two three-year periods run one after the other).

To run concurrently means you serve a total of three years. (The two three-year periods run together, at the same time).
    Last edited by Pyxis; 10-08-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 10th Aug 18, 12:01 PM
    • 39,435 Posts
    • 145,230 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Pyxis is bad.

Pyxis didn't go to dance class.

Pyxis had got three-quarters of the way through a hard Kenken puzzle and realised she had made a mistake, so had to rub it all out. Didn't want it to beat me, so started it again, and got too stuck into it to leave it.

WELL......in my defence, I was exercising my brain!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• AlfieBlue
    • By AlfieBlue 10th Aug 18, 3:31 PM
    • 14,253 Posts
    • 62,466 Thanks
    AlfieBlue
    Pyxis is bad.

Pyxis didn't go to dance class.

Pyxis had got three-quarters of the way through a hard Kenken puzzle and realised she had made a mistake, so had to rub it all out. Didn't want it to beat me, so started it again, and got too stuck into it to leave it.

WELL......in my defence, I was exercising my brain!
    Originally posted by Pyxis

I've got a wonderful mix of weather going on here .....

^^ lots of this

^^ and this

^^ with a fair bit of this!

Alfie xxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    WASPI

• Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 10th Aug 18, 4:05 PM
    • 39,435 Posts
    • 145,230 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Well, my trusty MetOffice site told me there would be a gap between showers around 1-ish, so I took the opportunity to pop down to the bank, (walking) , and Boots. Had a quick look in one charity shop and found a case for my pocket camera and a small 'flower'-press, and a toast rack which I will store some small oven trays on.

Would have liked to go into more, but the forecast shower was looming, and although I had an umbrella, I didn't want to risk it, as it was very windy.

I got home just as the heavens opened again!

The MetOffice were bang-on!

Love your weather emoticons, Alfie!

And I just adore this.........

And I did manage to get the Kenken puzzle done correctly!

It can be nail-biting, if you get right to the last couple of 'sums' and then find you can't make it come out! Aaaaaaaaaargh! when that happens!
    One then goes
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 10th Aug 18, 5:31 PM
    • 12,568 Posts
    • 23,100 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Slept this afternoon through most of the rain .... cooking now. Vegetable curry with carrot & swede mash and a chapati. I confess to buying a bottle of wine ...

Got a glass ready for you, Alfie. Pyxis and red wine don't agree ...

Cooked enough food for all weekend's evening meals. So I'm sorted even if a little boring.

Edit - Curry was very nice. Remainder has been containered up for the next couple of days apart from chapatis which are in the fridge / freezer.

Program on Yesterday now about what were the Nazi's plans for England had they prevailed in WW2. These things interest me ... TTFN
    Last edited by Sleazy; 10-08-2018 at 5:59 PM. Reason: Verdict on the curry
    Nabob Of None
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 10th Aug 18, 6:24 PM
    • 39,435 Posts
    • 145,230 Thanks
    Pyxis
    No wine for me! You can halve my share between you two!

Anyway, I did some cooking too, and had a few slugs of Innis and Gunne, (tiny bit left in the bottle from yesterday), and then a few slugs of Golden Pride (lots left in the bottle for demain!

You see, I am a reformed character! In the pre-Dry January days, I wouldn't have left any in the bottle!

There really should be a tiny emoticon with a halo. I can only find one of those horrid big ones. Don't like those. I like those sweetie-pie ickle ones that Alfie puts on her posts.
    (That dying of thirst in the desert one always makes me laugh!)

What did I cook? Well I made some vegetable and barley soup. Enough for two bowlfuls.

And then stir-fried some veg for my dinner and ate it all.

Just about to have some redcurrants and lacuma powder. The latter I've never had before. It's a tropical fruit, and its a natural sweetener and full of nutrients. You just sprinkle a spoonful on anything you like. It's quite nice. There are two or three of these fruit powders that my veg people sell, so I thought I'd try them.

I'm watching re-runs of Morse and Stargate SG1. The latter they started from the very beginning last week, and some of the early ones I haven't seen before, so it's good.

Re. Morse, these are the early ones, too, and Kevin Whately looks like a baby! They're showing Lewis re-runs too, so it's quite funny jumping from an early Morse with a babyfaced Lewis to the Lewis reruns, with a much, much older Lewis!

I'd like to have seen those Nazi plans for England. It doesn't hurt to remind ourselves how close we came to being annihilated.

Well, I wouldn't have been born for starters!

'Ere! 'oo said that would have been better? I'll knock your block off!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Chieveley
    • By Chieveley 10th Aug 18, 6:49 PM
    • 313 Posts
    • 3,068 Thanks
    Chieveley
    Hi Pyxis
    I've had two flying ant afternoons so I think you must have missed them. Right outside the patio doors so I couldn't fling them open when I got home. They seem to like the lawn edge where it joins the small retaining wall. Still only a couple of showers today, water butts near empty.
    See you all tomorrow
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 10th Aug 18, 8:17 PM
    • 12,568 Posts
    • 23,100 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Didn't know about Stargate SG1 Pyxis (I loved the series but missed a lot of the earlier ones).

Symbiotes? Don't we all have one?

My mum gave me a treat for Bobby ... so we're friends again. Sort of.
    Nabob Of None
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 10th Aug 18, 8:29 PM
    • 39,435 Posts
    • 145,230 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Didn't know about Stargate SG1 Pyxis (I loved the series but missed a lot of the earlier ones).

Symbiotes? Don't we all have one?

My mum gave me a treat for Bobby ... so we're friends again. Sort of.
    More of a parasite than a symbiote. Takes over your body and squashes your mind into the space of glial cell, and there ain't nothing you can do about it!

Ok, so your body doesn't age and any injuries are healed instantly by the Goa'uld, but that's not much good when you're squashed into almost nothingness.

It's on Pick, by the way.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 10th Aug 18, 8:36 PM
    • 39,435 Posts
    • 145,230 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Talking of all having symbiotes.........

It's been suggested that mitochondria were originally separate bacteria, (possibly even bacteria from outer space!), that developed a symbiotic relationship with pre-unicellular organisms, and gradually evolved into being the cell's powerhouse.

So every single cell in our bodies could be harbouring feisty little aliens!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• AlfieBlue
    • By AlfieBlue 11th Aug 18, 6:59 AM
    • 14,253 Posts
    • 62,466 Thanks
    AlfieBlue

Good morning lovely Alphabettys
    I hope you're all well & raring to go on this scrumptious
    and glorious day!

National Plum Day will be celebrated for the first time in 2018 as
    part of Pershore Plum Festival’s month-long festivities throughout
    August.

Plums have become a forgotten fruit and it is hoped National Plum
    Day will start to make people rethink the perfection of plums.
    They’re great value, work in sweet or savoury dishes or eaten as a
    snack and are bursting with vitamins and anti-oxidants.

At the Pershore Flower Show in 1920, a poster advertising the
    event described it as “The Largest Plum Show on Earth” and over
    ninety years later the town is striving to recreate this
    spectacle.The Plum Fayre was resurrected in 1996 by local
    environmentalist, David Shaw and local historian, Marion Freeman,
    to help raise the awareness and profile of the market town of
    Pershore and its association with plums.

Now an annual event, Pershore holds a Plum Festival throughout
    the month of August, when the town will turn “plum crazy” and the
    grand finale of this festival will be the Plum Fayre and Farmers
    Market on August Bank Holiday Monday.

With the whole town turning purple and offering something for all
    the family, the Plum Fayre is definitely the place to visit for a
    “fruity” experience.

Sunday 8th July, Plum Blossom Sunday – The Angel Hotel

Celebrate the start of the 2018 Pershore Plum Festival by
    attending the free Plum Blossom Sunday event from 12 noon.
    Enjoy plum refreshments whilst listening to some of the finest
    young musicians in the area, with the afternoon culminating in the
    crowning of this year’s Plum Princess. Guest appearances by
    Trevor Harrison (Eddie Grundy) from the Archers and our famous
    Plum couple – Eggbert and Prunella.

Tuesday 31July, The Angel Hotel Pershore Plum Festival Evening
    Races at Worcester Racecourse, WR1 3EJ

The Festival resurrects prestigious local racing history courtesy of
    Worcester Racecourse. A purple themed evening packed with
    Victorian and Edwardian antiquities and the revival of many horse
    races which celebrate the famous Pershore plums.

http://www.worcester-racecourse.co.uk

Saturday 4th, 11th & 18th August – Plum Alley

Visit Plum Alley every Saturday throughout August to enjoy superb
    musical entertainment from local artists raising funds for their
    chosen charities. Buy a momento of your visit from the Festival
    merchandise stand and savour the plum delights of the unique
    plum food and drink on offer.

Wednesday 8th & 15th August, Plum Coach Tours

Enjoy this unique plum coach tour suitable for all plum lovers.
    Complete with a Plum Tour Guide your day out will provide you
    with an entertaining insight into the Pershore Plum and you will
    also have the opportunity to pick your own fruit from the Vale
    Heritage Landscape Trust orchards located in The Lenches.

Thursday 23 August Pershore Plum Festival BikeNite

Held throughout Pershore there is something for all the family.
    All bikes, mopeds, motorbikes, scooters, choppers and
    combinations and trikes are welcome for a night of live music,
    fun, excitement and plenty of plum food and drink…

Saturday 25th to Monday 27th August, Bank Holiday Festival
    Weekend

Over the long weekend, enjoy a three day extravaganza of purple
    plum fun. Join The Angel Hotel for its Big Plum, Beer, Food and
    Music Festival, visit Plum Alley which will be bustling with plum
    products, tastings and entertainment and don’t miss the excellent
    yellow and purple shop windows throughout the town.

Sunday brings the family fun day where all ages can enjoy the
    Pershore Plodders 10K run, the Plum Pooches in the Park Dog
    Show, a plum craft market, children’s entertainment in the Plum
    Fun Zone, an open air plum praise service, the Plum Peddle Push
    and plum food and drink in abundance in the Food village.

Plum Festival Fayre Day on Bank Holiday Monday is the pinnacle of
    this month long extravaganza and a great day out for all the family
    with attractions and entertainment throughout the town, including
    classic and vintage cars, an award winning famers’ market, boat
    trips, arts and crafts, children’s activities and a food village.

https://www.awarenessdays.com/awareness-days-calendar/national-plum-day-2018/

http://www.pershoreplumfestival.org.uk/#

^^ Please refer to links for further info

Welcome

This year's festival will be 11th - 19th August 2018

Running for over 20 years, Kettlewell Scarecrow Festival is one of
    the original, biggest and best in the UK – and one of the best value
    summer days out for all ages in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales!

From famous celebrities and sports stars to topical characters and
    the downright quirky, there are plenty of scarecrows to spot in
    every nook and cranny of this idyllic Yorkshire Dales village. There
    are two fun themed trails too – one for children and one for the
    adults – to find the scarecrows that solve the clues for daily prize
    draws to win £10 (trail sheets cost just £1!).

Almost as popular as our scarecrows, are the delicious homemade
    cakes, fresh cut sandwiches, soup, quiches and more, served all
    day every day in Kettlewell Village Hall. The village also has two
    tea rooms and three traditional pubs serving real ales and good
    food. We have plenty of car parking designated for our scarecrow
    festival which costs just £3 for the whole day and coaches can pre
    book a parking space by emailing
    bookings@kettlewellscarecrowfestival.co.uk

All profits from the trail sheets, village hall refreshments and car
    park go to Kettlewell Primary School, the village hall, St Mary’s
    Church and other community projects.

Kettlewell boasts a fabulously scenic setting in Upper Wharfedale -
    not only appearing in the original opening credits of Emmerdale
    but also featuring in the ‘Calendar Girls’ movie. We have a lovely
    grassy play park in the centre of the village and many walks along
    the River Wharfe and into the surrounding fells. See Info and
    Getting Here for more details.

Read more >>>

http://www.kettlewellscarecrowfestival.co.uk/

^^ Please refer to site for further info

Portsmouth International Kite Festival

Southsea Common

11th & 12th August 2018

Once again the skies above Southsea Common, Portsmouth will be
    filled with a myriad of kites of all shapes and sizes on August 11th
    and 12th 2018, 10am until 5pm both days. This free event is
    jointly organised by Portsmouth City Council and The Kite Society
    of Great Britain.

It will be truly spectacular with hundreds of kite fliers from around
    the world travelling to the event. Why are the kite fliers so keen
    to come? They travel to Portsmouth because the Portsmouth
    International Kite Festival is recognised as one of the best Kite
    Festivals in the world. Having been listed as one of the 23 biggest
    kite festivals in the world.

The event has a spectacular setting on Southsea common
    overlooking the Solent and the location offers wide open spaces
    and good winds which allows kites fliers to show off their creations
    at their best.

This year celebrates the 27th Portsmouth International Kite
    Festival and the theme is “Kites and Art”.

We hope to have kites and kite fliers from around the world.

The festival will have a stunning and colourful demonstration of the
    art of kite flying and kite making reflecting the tradition of kites
    around the world, with many kites in the sky and on the ground
    for visitors to enjoy and admire. These include beautiful single line
    kites - intricately appliqu!d or painted with magnificent designs,
    amazing cellular kites – flying miracles of structural engineering,
    awe inspiring 3D soft kites in a magical range of shapes and sizes
    and skilfully flown kites performing excellent tricks and routines to
    music.

Alongside this amazing flying display there will be a host of other
    activities to meet a family’s needs. These will include a craft
    marquee, free children’s kite workshop and local amusements.
    Also located on the common will be dedicated kite traders who will
    be able to provide you with a wide range of kites, from colourful
    branded kites for children or the young at heart to immense power
    kites for the more adventurous.

The 27th Portsmouth International Kite festival promises to be a
    great day out for all the family, taking place from 10am to 5pm on
    Saturday and Sunday. Make sure you don’t miss a great day out.
    Don't forget it is free for everyone.

http://www.portsmouthkitefestival.org.uk/

Come and join us for a friendly uplifting fun weekend. Enjoy the
    magic of the enchanting home of the New Forest Fairies.

Nestling in the lea of a hill where time stood still for hundreds of
    years surrounded the mighty oaks, tree spirits and woodland
    creatures, live the Forest Folk, under every leaf, behind every tree
    you might see them.

Listen for the fairy bell and they will appear, their gossamer wings
    glinting in the sunlight.

Walk on the ley lines and gather the amazing healing energy the
    Forest gives to all of us, talk with the wise women of the Forest
    who teach the fairies their secrets.

The Weekend will be packed with entertainment and workshops for
    the whole family. Handmade Arts and Crafts help us to discover
    the magic of nature.

Josephine Wall and Sue Clyne will be here to capture our
    imaginations with their fantasy Artwork.

Live acoustic music, Bands, Story telling, Belly Dancing, Platform
    Mediumship lots of activities and workshops will heighten our
    senses with love and joy. Let your spirit run wild and free!

Dress in your finest Fairy and Elf Costumes and be sprinkled with
    Fairy Dust!

https://newforestfairyfestival.com/

Have a brilliant and safe day all whatever you have planned. I will
    catch up later.

Alfie xxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    WASPI

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

507Posts Today

5,592Users online

Martin's Twitter