Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gwynfil
    • By gwynfil 28th Oct 15, 8:31 AM
    • 30Posts
    • 43Thanks
    gwynfil
    0 WOW
    Marks and Spencers Sparks card?
    • 28th Oct 15, 8:31 AM
    0 WOW
    Marks and Spencers Sparks card? 28th Oct 15 at 8:31 AM
    Hi

What is the Marks and Spencer Sparks card and how do you get one?

They asked me at the checkout if I have one, the self service tills ask if I have one, but there doesn't seem to be much information about it anywhere. It seems like the worst launched loyalty card ever.

I was hesitant to ask more about it at the time, as the checkouts were quite busy and I didn't want to hold the queues up. I also wasn't sure if it was some sort of credit card related perk, which I wouldn't want.

However, I shop at M & S quite a bit and my receipts keep telling me I could have earned points, so I would like to know more about it if anyone knows anything.

I use the internet regularly, but don't use apps, which I think was mentioned on the receipt- about getting the M & S app or something.

Thanks in advance.
Page 3
    • Ziggy Stardust
    • By Ziggy Stardust 2nd Dec 17, 2:58 PM
    • 1,396 Posts
    • 922 Thanks
    Ziggy Stardust
    This seems to be the worst Loyalty card going. tried to use 2 of my so called offers this week neither worked. rather than cause a scene at busy checkout just payed full amount. Unhelpful assistant told me to "go read the small print" which I have and feel I met the criteria for discount.
    Don't bother with this one. Interested to know if others have problems too?
    Originally posted by Elphie888
    Have you still got your receipt? I'd phone up and complain and ask them to sort it out for you.
    • rockiedog
    • By rockiedog 2nd Dec 17, 3:36 PM
    • 117 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    rockiedog
    M&S Sparks
    This is so annoying, Hubby just spent £179 on a jacket, used Sparks card as well, what do I get in an email next morning? 10% off mens clothing for the next week! Had a good mind to return it and purchase it again, but too much hassle with queueing etc.
    • Stompa
    • By Stompa 2nd Dec 17, 11:50 PM
    • 7,706 Posts
    • 3,763 Thanks
    Stompa
    This seems to be the worst Loyalty card going. tried to use 2 of my so called offers this week neither worked. rather than cause a scene at busy checkout just payed full amount. Unhelpful assistant told me to "go read the small print" which I have and feel I met the criteria for discount.
    Don't bother with this one. Interested to know if others have problems too?
    Originally posted by Elphie888
    I've only attempted to use an offer once, and it didn't work. The assistant said it wasn't a problem and just took off the discount manually.
    Stompa
    • savethepandas
    • By savethepandas 4th Jan 18, 12:25 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 549 Thanks
    savethepandas
    M&S Sparks - £5 off Womens Sports Clothing
    Offer this week on my M&S Sparks Card is: £5 off Womens Sports Clothing. This can be put against:

M&S COLLECTION
    Pure Cotton Round Neck Vest Top
    Product Line Number: T411301

Price £4.50

Read more at http://www.marksandspencer.com/pure-cotton-round-neck-vest-top/p/p60139274

With free C&C to store, a nice freebie for the New Year.

Top in black, white or pink sizes 6-24.
    • m1kjm
    • By m1kjm 4th Jan 18, 12:53 PM
    • 1,191 Posts
    • 2,275 Thanks
    m1kjm
    I've only got food offers on my Sparks account at the moment
    • catswiththumbs
    • By catswiththumbs 4th Jan 18, 3:59 PM
    • 296 Posts
    • 476 Thanks
    catswiththumbs
    I've only got food offers on my Sparks account at the moment
    Originally posted by m1kjm

Same here.
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 4th Jan 18, 5:55 PM
    • 4,364 Posts
    • 9,923 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    Snap, maybe it's for people who didn't redeem/ receive the £5 off women coats & jackets before Christmas?
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £34,570.30
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £2,413.50
    • savethepandas
    • By savethepandas 4th Jan 18, 6:11 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 549 Thanks
    savethepandas
    Snap, maybe it's for people who didn't redeem/ receive the £5 off women coats & jackets before Christmas?
    Originally posted by Wizzbang
    Redeemed that as well
    • catswiththumbs
    • By catswiththumbs 4th Jan 18, 6:45 PM
    • 296 Posts
    • 476 Thanks
    catswiththumbs
    Originally posted by Wizzbang

I redeemed it and then had to return the item. It was a pink fleece and was shedding fluff all over the place. Took it back but wasn't allowed to exchange it for something and keep the discount. So I lost my £5 voucher
    • RainbowDrops
    • By RainbowDrops 4th Jan 18, 7:38 PM
    • 4,430 Posts
    • 4,816 Thanks
    RainbowDrops
    I've got 20% off school uniforms when you spend over £30
    • seasideDreamer
    • By seasideDreamer 4th Jan 18, 9:28 PM
    • 1,358 Posts
    • 10,329 Thanks
    seasideDreamer
    Just food for me too and didnt use any offers before Christmas. Shame as I love the fitness range and buy most years
    Debt free and busy treating myself

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
    • redfox
    • By redfox 4th Jan 18, 9:32 PM
    • 13,441 Posts
    • 36,750 Thanks
    redfox
    selected accounts only it seems.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• anna42hmr
    • By anna42hmr 7th Jan 18, 6:55 AM
    • 2,463 Posts
    • 1,082 Thanks
    anna42hmr
    Thanks for the heads up I too have this offer so have ordered the vest today for store collection so completely free. Wonder if it has anything to do with me buying some more gym clothes the other week as to why this offer has appeared.
    MFW # 105
    2015 Target £7000/ Overpaid £8095
    2016 Target £6000 / Overpaid £6983.24
    2017 Target £3500 / Overpaid £3583.12
    2018 Target £2500 / OP so far £1076.30 as at May
    Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £19,737.66
    • chattychappy
    • By chattychappy 9th Apr 18, 8:18 PM
    • 6,764 Posts
    • 3,658 Thanks
    chattychappy
    Spent today in M&S, too late for M&S Sparks points?
    I spent almost £300 in M&S today. I suppose I should have got a Sparks card?

I know you can add your points later if you have one. Is it still possible to get a card and add the points? (I can't get one today, but could get one tomorrow.)

• robin58
    • By robin58 9th Apr 18, 10:19 PM
    • 2,321 Posts
    • 2,599 Thanks
    robin58
    To be honest why bother.

You get nothing back in cash. All the card does is allow you to get so much off but you have to shop alot to make it worth while.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!!
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 9th Apr 18, 10:35 PM
    • 10,977 Posts
    • 23,601 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    The only benefit from the sparks card that I have ever had is the offers that can be loaded to your card.

eg £5 off £25 spend 20% off eggs etc. free loaf of bread etc.

They last for a limited time and vary a lot.
    • chattychappy
    • By chattychappy 15th Apr 18, 2:23 PM
    • 6,764 Posts
    • 3,658 Thanks
    chattychappy
    Thanks for the answers.

I've not bothered!
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 15th Apr 18, 4:10 PM
    • 12,153 Posts
    • 8,226 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    You could have got 10% off. A new sparks activation usually gives 10% off food, clothing & homeware.

Edit - I just checked mine (new card) and it has 10% off - (you chose two offers)
    Food and flowers.
    Lingerie.
    Womenswear.
    Menswear.
    Beauty.
    Kidswear.

Also has free cream tea for 2, free roses if I buy champagne and bogof hot drink.
    Last edited by theonlywayisup; 15-04-2018 at 4:15 PM.
    • bishopsgirl
    • By bishopsgirl 15th Apr 18, 4:26 PM
    • 1,695 Posts
    • 6,678 Thanks
    bishopsgirl
    I got free socks or tights up to the value of £10 on my birthday.
    Be Lucky Everyone
    • pjran
    • By pjran 29th Apr 18, 5:02 PM
    • 1,010 Posts
    • 7,718 Thanks
    pjran
    M&S free postage
    Iíve been browsing the M&S site, chose two tops to get my SPARKS 20% discount. When I went to pay even though I hadnít spent the usual £50 I had the option to have free delivery. No code needed so please try this.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,101Posts Today

6,762Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin