Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Sally
    • By MSE Sally 26th Oct 15, 5:03 PM
    • 70Posts
    • 27Thanks
    MSE Sally
    0 WOW
    How to cancel Apple Music - our new guide
    • 26th Oct 15, 5:03 PM
    0 WOW
    How to cancel Apple Music - our new guide 26th Oct 15 at 5:03 PM

Hi folks, we have a new How to cancel Apple Music guide, and we'd love to hear your feedback especially if you managed to get a refund after forgetting to cancel after the free trial.

Just click reply below to share any info. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks for your help

MSE Sally
    Last edited by MSE Sally; 26-10-2015 at 5:15 PM.
Page 1
    • bobbydrake50
    • By bobbydrake50 28th Oct 15, 8:23 AM
    • 121 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    bobbydrake50
    • 28th Oct 15, 8:23 AM
    • 28th Oct 15, 8:23 AM
    Thanks for reminding me to cancel with 4 days to spare I got charged last month (but wasn't too bothered) but I've already got Spotify premium and think that is better (at the moment anyway). So auto-renew turned off now. Not going to try to get a refund though as I have used a bit this month...
    • glimmergirl
    • By glimmergirl 29th Oct 15, 10:31 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    glimmergirl
    • 29th Oct 15, 10:31 AM
    Refund from Apple Music - very easy!
    • 29th Oct 15, 10:31 AM
    Forgot to cancel subscription and hadn't realised I was on auto-renew. Received an invoice from Apple and contacted them via the apple support pages simply stating I wanted to cancel and would like a refund. Received a reply within half an hour and refund shortly after! Very easy!
    • galvinonthewing
    • By galvinonthewing 29th Oct 15, 3:44 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    galvinonthewing
    • 29th Oct 15, 3:44 PM
    • 29th Oct 15, 3:44 PM
    Worked for me. I missed the deadline. Sent an email to support, refund email received 5 minutes later.
    Good tip, Martin.
    • eddiesleftfoot
    • By eddiesleftfoot 29th Oct 15, 6:53 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    eddiesleftfoot
    • 29th Oct 15, 6:53 PM
    Apple Music Refund
    • 29th Oct 15, 6:53 PM
    Got my refund of £9.99 today. I rang to say I'd forgotten to cancel the 3 month trial and they agreed to refund me, no problems.
    • Humbug40
    • By Humbug40 2nd Nov 15, 10:25 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Humbug40
    • 2nd Nov 15, 10:25 PM
    • 2nd Nov 15, 10:25 PM
    I was the same I forgot all about the free trial so was charged and I didn't realise I was on auto renew. I have contacted them by email but not holding my breath as it happened a couple of weeks ago when I was moving house.
    • Silentexpress
    • By Silentexpress 7th Jan 16, 6:15 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Silentexpress
    • 7th Jan 16, 6:15 PM
    • 7th Jan 16, 6:15 PM
    Just done this now and got two months back. Very easy and great customer service from Apple! Thank you MSE
    • BiscuitMuncher
    • By BiscuitMuncher 27th Jun 16, 6:50 AM
    • 100 Posts
    • 85 Thanks
    BiscuitMuncher
    • 27th Jun 16, 6:50 AM
    • 27th Jun 16, 6:50 AM
    I've only just realised I was automatically paying for Apple Music.

Lax of me I know but I didn't check my Apple invoices carefully enough and also had no idea Apple Music existed.

I contacted Apple Support and have received a three month refund.

Lesson learnt to be more careful in the future.
    • grandee2
    • By grandee2 1st Dec 16, 9:12 AM
    • 67 Posts
    • 795 Thanks
    grandee2
    • 1st Dec 16, 9:12 AM
    • 1st Dec 16, 9:12 AM
    Thank you for the advice in how to cancel Apple Music Pack. Following how to contact Apple we emailed them because
    we didn't remember signing up
    we couldn't find a subscription button under setting (following your instructions)
    the payment request was sent to the 'back up' email not our main Apple email.

They replied it was a phishing email and to forward it to them.
    Hopefully this has sorted it, so thank you.
    Ps the email had a live link that took you to a page hat asked for all your bank details- din't do it
    • JB2426
    • By JB2426 29th Sep 18, 12:42 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JB2426
    I noticed a £9.99 take on my bank today which I hadn’t authorised and Apple Support confirned a three month sub had been requested in June (I didn’t) which may have been the store guru setting it up. I used their new support app to get a callback which took ten minutes to come through and they refunded the £9.99 in full after I told them what I thought of them and sent an email explaining how to stop triggering the subscription requests. Thx
    • dxbguru
    • By dxbguru 12th Oct 18, 5:17 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dxbguru
    Multiple free Apple Music
    Hi

Iíve got multiple free Apple Music offers, 6months from VW, 6months from EE, and appleís 3 months. Can I use it one after the other?
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 13th Oct 18, 8:33 AM
    • 32,774 Posts
    • 20,644 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Hi

Iíve got multiple free Apple Music offers, 6months from VW, 6months from EE, and appleís 3 months. Can I use it one after the other?
    Originally posted by dxbguru
    At a guess Id say no, but what do the t&c's say regarding the use of them ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,842Posts Today

8,770Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Pownerpuff: @MartinSLewis thanks to your guidance, my monthly outgoings (bills) are £400 cheaper PER MONTH than they were 2 years ago!!?

• The programme is primarily aimed at parents not kids. But I think mid teens upwards is likely fine https://t.co/SIJczfKJW8

• Even if u don't have kids, Id love u to watch my 10 things ur kids need to know doco tonight ITV 9pm. It mixes mone? https://t.co/YIqNbllX8h

• Follow Martin