Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sharpe106
    • By sharpe106 17th Oct 15, 9:24 PM
    • 342Posts
    • 211Thanks
    sharpe106
    Lending Works - Refer a friend
    • 17th Oct 15, 9:24 PM
    Lending Works - Refer a friend 17th Oct 15 at 9:24 PM
    Lending Works are doing a promotion "Introduce your friends to Lending Works and we!!!8217;ll pay you £50 each if they lend £1,000 or more!!!8221;

I will happily give you half of my £50 (£25) so that works out as £75 for you if you sign up with my link

My signup link is here:!https://www.lendingworks.co.uk/RAF?source=RAF&promo=direct&uuid=4a6fcd5f-1b87-485f-a276-6132ba7da7af

If you do sign up with my link just pm me

Refer a Friend - Terms and Conditions

Throughout these Terms and Conditions the person making the referral will be known to as the 'Referrer' and the person receiving the invitation will be known as the 'Referee'.

1. This Refer-A-Friend Programme, from now on referred to simply as 'The Programme', will start on 28th July 2015 - the 'Promotional Period'.
    2. The Referrer will be eligible to receive a Referral Bonus for each Referee who creates a new Lending Works account and lends at least £1,000 on the Lending Works platform.
    3. The Referee will!be eligible to receive the Referee Bonus once the Referee has created a new Lending Works account and lends at least £1,000 on the Lending Works platform.
    4. For the avoidance of doubt, the Referee's funds are considered to be lent when the Referee's lending offers have been matched to borrowers and the funds are showing as 'on loan'.
    5. Bonuses will be credited to the recipient's Lending Works account no later than the business day following the fulfillment of the eligibility criteria listed above.
    6. Bonuses will be available for further lending or withdrawal.
    7. The Referrer can!refer as many friends as they like as there is no cap on Referral Bonuses.
    8. Use of a false name or address will result in a void referral.
    9. If the Referee uses the Quick Withdraw facility to exit some or all of their loans early, within the first 6 months, Lending Works reserves the right to deduct any Bonus from the balance of both the Referrer's, as well as the Referee's capital.
    10. The Referrer must already hold a Lending Works account.
    11. The Referee must not be an existing customer.
    12. To ensure the Referrer and Referee both receive their Bonus, the Referee needs to use the same device and browser when clicking on the referral link and when creating their Lending Works account.
    13. The Referee may be referred by more than one Referrer. If the Referee a) fulfills the criteria to receive the Referee Bonus and b) uses the same device and browser, the Bonus will be given to the Referrer whose link the Referee first clicked on. Under any other circumstances the Referrer, and possibly the Referee, might not receive their Bonus.
    14. Lending Works reserves the right to withdraw or amend the terms of this Promotion at any time without prior written notice.
Page 3
    • Allthegoodnamesaregone
    • By Allthegoodnamesaregone 9th Apr 18, 2:08 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Allthegoodnamesaregone
    Hi,

Does anyone have a Lending Works referral code/link they wouldn't mind sharing?

Many thanks in advance!
    • PeakOwl
    • By PeakOwl 9th Apr 18, 4:07 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    PeakOwl
    Hi,

Does anyone have a Lending Works referral code/link they wouldn't mind sharing?

Many thanks in advance!
    Originally posted by Allthegoodnamesaregone
    Hi

Please check your messages, I've just pm'd you my link. Happy to share half of my fee too, so you'd receive £75 in total, for a £1K investment.
    • b3nno
    • By b3nno 12th Apr 18, 1:11 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    b3nno
    Hi

Does anyone have a Lending Works referral link they wouldn't mind sharing with me please

Many thanks

b3nno
    • Markyboy112
    • By Markyboy112 12th Apr 18, 1:37 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Markyboy112
    Hi you!!!8217;re free to use mine just private messaged you it
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 30th Apr 18, 11:36 AM
    • 1,404 Posts
    • 1,101 Thanks
    bxboards
    Hi

Please check your messages, I've just pm'd you my link. Happy to share half of my fee too, so you'd receive £75 in total, for a £1K investment.
    Originally posted by PeakOwl
    Hi

Are you still doing this PeakOwl? PM me a link if so

SORTED! Thanks
    Last edited by bxboards; 30-04-2018 at 3:14 PM. Reason: now got link, thanks
    • Carolinemjs
    • By Carolinemjs 9th May 18, 1:39 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    Carolinemjs
    Here's my referral link for Lending Works
    https://www.lendingworks.co.uk/RAF?source=RAF&promo=direct&uuid=7314c9a3-9efa-49e7-af1d-3c715a408dd1

I'm happy to share half of my bonus so £75 to you and £25 to me for an investment of £1000
    • jnm21
    • By jnm21 12th May 18, 11:23 AM
    • 659 Posts
    • 169 Thanks
    jnm21
    Take into account when splitting referrals that the cashback bonus to refer others (not the new customer for being referred) is taxable.
    Originally posted by Cogs44
    Could the share paid on be deducted? So if you get 50 & pay out 25, do you pay tax on 25 or 50?

Good news:
    https://twitter.com/HMRCcustomers/status/995280640768651265

ME @HMRCcustomers If I refer a friend to a bank or investment company and get a small (£100 or less) reward, do I have to declare it/pay tax on it? What if I share it with the person - either 100% with close fiends/family or 50% with wider friends? No tax on referred person reward?

HMRC Hi Jonathan, thank you very much for waiting. There would be no tax implications for yourself or a friend. Laura
    Last edited by jnm21; 12-05-2018 at 5:02 PM.
    • pmjenkins
    • By pmjenkins 12th May 18, 4:49 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    pmjenkins
    Could the share paid on be deducted? So if you get 50 & pay out 25, do you pay tax on 25 or 50?
    Originally posted by jnm21
    If *you* receive the £50 referrer's bonus then you're liable for tax (£10 for a basic rate tax payer). HMRC won't know or care about any private arrangement you might have with the referee.
    • jnm21
    • By jnm21 12th May 18, 5:03 PM
    • 659 Posts
    • 169 Thanks
    jnm21
    If *you* receive the £50 referrer's bonus then you're liable for tax (£10 for a basic rate tax payer). HMRC won't know or care about any private arrangement you might have with the referee.
    Originally posted by pmjenkins
    See my edit - asked HMRC & they said no tax liability!
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 13th May 18, 8:40 AM
    • 1,404 Posts
    • 1,101 Thanks
    bxboards
    If anyone uses my Lending Works sign up link and deposits £1000+ , I'll send you £25 of my share of the £50 paid to me

https://www.lendingworks.co.uk/RAF?source=RAF&promo=direct&uuid=136d2ce6-be94-4559-b7d2-e98a54f1ba70

This is the offer - don't worry if it doesn't show on the link above, this is the offer...'Know anybody who is still earning diddly squat from money in their bank account?

Introduce your friends to Lending Works and we’ll pay you £50 each if they lend £1,000 or more.'

I've paid several referral fees shares for Kuflink, Archover, Funding Circle etc to MSE members over the years so putting my hat into the ring for (yet another!) link here.

Thanks
    Last edited by bxboards; 13-05-2018 at 4:44 PM. Reason: add offer text from Lending Works referral page
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 13th May 18, 3:13 PM
    • 1,520 Posts
    • 4,019 Thanks
    Zanderman
    I assume, from the recent posts here, that the Lending Works referral offer is still live? And is definitely £50 each for £1000 investment?

I only ask because there's nothing about it on their site menu and there's absolutely nothing on the landing page if you follow one of the referral links in this thread - which is a little unsettling.

The only page I've found with details about it was by searching on google. That gives the same text as posted at the start of this thread, stating the offer starts on on 28th July 2015 the 'promotional period'. Which implies there may be an end date, but they don't give one - and it is now nearly 3 years old.

That page also omits (deliberately I assume) to mention what the bonus is - no mention of £50, just a 'bonus' - which will be payable on a £1000 investment - which also implies that they might change the bonus amount at any time as it isn't actually in the T&C.

What has been people's (recent) experience and what reassurances, if any, do we have on the £50?
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 13th May 18, 4:35 PM
    • 1,404 Posts
    • 1,101 Thanks
    bxboards
    I assume, from the recent posts here, that the Lending Works referral offer is still live? And is definitely £50 each for £1000 investment?

I only ask because there's nothing about it on their site menu and there's absolutely nothing on the landing page if you follow one of the referral links in this thread - which is a little unsettling.

The only page I've found with details about it was by searching on google. That gives the same text as posted at the start of this thread, stating the offer starts on on 28th July 2015 the 'promotional period'. Which implies there may be an end date, but they don't give one - and it is now nearly 3 years old.

That page also omits (deliberately I assume) to mention what the bonus is - no mention of £50, just a 'bonus' - which will be payable on a £1000 investment - which also implies that they might change the bonus amount at any time as it isn't actually in the T&C.

What has been people's (recent) experience and what reassurances, if any, do we have on the £50?
    Originally posted by Zanderman
    Yes, they still run it.

Its a bit disconcerting when you click the link as there is no mention, but the offer is still running, and all members get a dashboard showing referal signup with the 50.00 each way mentioned. As soon as you sign up, Lending Works show you a popup with your own referal code and info etc
    • Onyxxx
    • By Onyxxx 14th May 18, 1:18 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Onyxxx
    I am looking for people to refer me to LendingWorks. I will go with the highest bidder from the 50 pounds you get from referring me.
    • Markyboy112
    • By Markyboy112 14th May 18, 5:27 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Markyboy112
    I'll offer 25 of the 50 making it 75 for you 25 for me
    • Markyboy112
    • By Markyboy112 14th May 18, 5:28 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Markyboy112
    Here is my link if you are interested

https://www.lendingworks.co.uk/RAF?source=RAF&promo=direct&uuid=6f911960-7008-411b-a78c-46fbfbfbcd43
    • Onyxxx
    • By Onyxxx 14th May 18, 9:25 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Onyxxx
    Someone can do 35 pounds referral back ?
    • Markyboy112
    • By Markyboy112 14th May 18, 9:36 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Markyboy112
    Ok can do that if you want
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,107Posts Today

6,542Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin