Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Nick
    • By MSE Nick 21st Aug 15, 5:58 PM
    • 254Posts
    • 78Thanks
    MSE Nick
    Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback
    • 21st Aug 15, 5:58 PM
    Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback 21st Aug 15 at 5:58 PM

Hi all, we have new Sky Haggling guide, and we'd love to hear your feedback.

Just click reply below to share any info. If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren!!!8217;t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks for your help,

MSE Nick
    Last edited by MSE Sally; 25-08-2015 at 3:36 PM.
Page 80
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 7th Mar 18, 6:12 PM
    • 2,072 Posts
    • 938 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Sky seem to be tough to budge for my 3rd year with Q:
    Originally posted by robrymond
    I was going to post that it can only be your 2nd year but you're right it launched in Feb '16, that went fast...

as stated by OfCom we are the least complaint about company
    Where do I complain about their grammar?
    • robrymond
    • By robrymond 7th Mar 18, 6:33 PM
    • 567 Posts
    • 145 Thanks
    robrymond
    I was going to post that it can only be your 2nd year but you're right it launched in Feb '16, that went fast...

Where do I complain about their grammar?
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    I think they gave me 35% off last year which was down on the usual 50% and that was putting my cancellation in and holding out to the final day. They gave me fibre for 10 for a 3rd year running and 10 line rental again and 50 credit.

Now that seems a thing of the past...
    • Ian011
    • By Ian011 7th Mar 18, 7:40 PM
    • 1,996 Posts
    • 1,163 Thanks
    Ian011
    ... Or call 0844 540 1044
    Originally posted by Anon
    Seriously? They want you to call a premium rate 0844 nunber costing up to 62p per minute to rejoin?

Failure to declare the call charges immediately adjacent to the premium rate 0844 breaches Ofcom regulations that came into force on 1 July 2015.

I would advise people to dial 0344 in place of 0844 to avoid the premium rate call charges.
    • qwertyty
    • By qwertyty 10th Mar 18, 11:43 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    qwertyty
    im on the sky original bundle, that ends in a few weeks, if i cancel, do i still get to keep all the other channels, e.g. foreign channels etc etc
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 11th Mar 18, 7:49 AM
    • 2,072 Posts
    • 938 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    im on the sky original bundle, that ends in a few weeks, if i cancel, do i still get to keep all the other channels, e.g. foreign channels etc etc
    Originally posted by qwertyty
    The following link lists all of the channels viewable from a Sky box, it's colour coded so it's easy to find your information.

https://www.tvchannellists.com/List_of_channels_on_Sky_(UK_and_Ireland)
    • mike_paterson
    • By mike_paterson 18th Mar 18, 12:03 PM
    • 1,378 Posts
    • 398 Thanks
    mike_paterson
    My sky contract ended yesterday, but was still active today. I decided to contact live chat to see if the offers were any better now that I was no longer a customer.

The initial offer was the same as I had been offered before basic pack plus kids plus sports plus multi room for 45.

I said this was still too much and was immediately offered that package for 35.50 per month for 12 months of with Cinema for 40per month.

We went with the 35.50 option. And did not even lose service!

Image from my billing in the My Sky App:

Last edited by mike_paterson; 18-03-2018 at 12:17 PM.
    To infinity and beyond!
    • Anon
    • By Anon 18th Mar 18, 1:06 PM
    • 12,769 Posts
    • 144,686 Thanks
    Anon
    My sky contract ended yesterday, but was still active today. I decided to contact live chat to see if the offers were any better now that I was no longer a customer.

The initial offer was the same as I had been offered before basic pack plus kids plus sports plus multi room for 45.

I said this was still too much and was immediately offered that package for 35.50 per month for 12 months of with Cinema for 40per month.

We went with the 35.50 option. And did not even lose service!

Image from my billing in the My Sky App:

Originally posted by mike_paterson
    That is a reasonable result in the current climate of limited deals. With the new packages HD has to be added separately?

Given the new packs mean you can remove everything beyond the base with 31 days notice, a negotiating technique for others may be to add some of the packs then remove?
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 18th Mar 18, 1:13 PM
    • 2,072 Posts
    • 938 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    With the new packages HD has to be added separately?
    Originally posted by Anon
    Yes, HD (for Entertainment) is a 5 add-on. The Sports HD is another 6(?) add-on if you want it.
    • NorthEasterner123
    • By NorthEasterner123 18th Mar 18, 5:04 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    NorthEasterner123
    Re-Joined Sky after 13 months and they have given me Sky Entertainment, HD, Box Sets and MultiScreen with a 'free/loaned' Sky Q 2TB and Q Mini box all for 32 per month.

Thought this was great - trying to get them to do me a deal on Sky Fibre Max for under 30 - maybe I should just pay the 30
    • peteywoods
    • By peteywoods 18th Mar 18, 5:10 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    peteywoods
    Formula 1 - Just spoke to Sky for my annual haggle and said I was going to cancel etc etc. "AJ" at Sky said that if I cancelled and then wanted Sky F1 (which requires HD Mix) then it would actually cost more than I am paying now (once my current discount has expired)! Has anyone else come across this (apparently due to Sky changing their various mixes etc). Or should I call their bluff?!
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 18th Mar 18, 6:24 PM
    • 2,969 Posts
    • 18,817 Thanks
    mije1983
    Formula 1 - Just spoke to Sky for my annual haggle and said I was going to cancel etc etc. "AJ" at Sky said that if I cancelled and then wanted Sky F1 (which requires HD Mix) then it would actually cost more than I am paying now (once my current discount has expired)! Has anyone else come across this (apparently due to Sky changing their various mixes etc). Or should I call their bluff?!
    Originally posted by peteywoods
    Impossible to answer without knowing how much you are/will be paying currently.

• peteywoods
    • By peteywoods 18th Mar 18, 6:32 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    peteywoods
    Formula 1 channel
    Thanks mije1983. I am currently paying 20.56 per month for TV (Original Bundle plus Sky+ HD Pack which gives me F1) and this is going up to 36.50 mid-April when I lose my current discount + the price increase.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 18th Mar 18, 6:41 PM
    • 2,072 Posts
    • 938 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Thanks mije1983. I am currently paying 20.56 per month for TV (Original Bundle plus Sky+ HD Pack which gives me F1) and this is going up to 36.50 mid-April when I lose my current discount + the price increase.
    No, they're correct, F1 only comes as one of the Sports packages now. If you cancel and then come back you'll be on Entertainment which doesn't include it.

Edit: obviously that won't apply if you get a deal on your Original package without actually turning off.
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 18th Mar 18, 6:56 PM
    • 2,969 Posts
    • 18,817 Thanks
    mije1983

Yes they are correct then. You are on a legacy package which Sky don't offer anymore. The current rack rate to get F1 in HD is 38 (20 for Entertainment and 18 for F1+HD)

Personally I'd still put in my cancellation notice and see what offers appear as 36.50 is far too much for what you are getting. You can always cancel the cancellation come day 29/30 if no offers appear.

• peteywoods
    • By peteywoods 18th Mar 18, 10:31 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    peteywoods
    Thanks, what he said was that once I'd cancelled I couldn't reinstate this offer (albeit if it's only 1.50 a month more anyway it might be worth calling their bluff?!)
    • peteywoods
    • By peteywoods 18th Mar 18, 10:33 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    peteywoods
    And in addition, I could always go to Now TV instead as they are doing a deal of 150 for 9 months of F1 coverage
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 18th Mar 18, 10:53 PM
    • 2,969 Posts
    • 18,817 Thanks
    mije1983
    Thanks, what he said was that once I'd cancelled I couldn't reinstate this offer (albeit if it's only 1.50 a month more anyway it might be worth calling their bluff?!)
    Yes once you have cancelled you cannot get your current package back as it's not one that Sky sell anymore.

But by cancelled he will mean switched off. You have to give 30 days notice to cancel the TV contract so you would have time to change your mind or see what offers come your way.

And in addition, I could always go to Now TV instead as they are doing a deal of 150 for 9 months of F1 coverage
    As long as your BB is up to streaming, and you don't want the recording function then that's an option. I also don't believe it's HD if that matters to you.
    Last edited by mije1983; 18-03-2018 at 10:56 PM.

• peteywoods
    • By peteywoods 19th Mar 18, 8:17 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    peteywoods
    Thanks, he implied that once he had processed the cancellation then that was it (i.e. I couldn't reinstate the offer if I changed my mind within 30 days) but it sounds like he was telling porkies?!
    • shaggy
    • By shaggy 19th Mar 18, 3:07 PM
    • 943 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    shaggy
    Thanks, he implied that once he had processed the cancellation then that was it (i.e. I couldn't reinstate the offer if I changed my mind within 30 days) but it sounds like he was telling porkies?!

Yes porkies I'm afraid. They ain't offering anywhere near the good retentions deals they did last year. I'm personally happy with Netflix and BBC IPlayer. Sky can go and do one.
    • robrymond
    • By robrymond 19th Mar 18, 8:13 PM
    • 567 Posts
    • 145 Thanks
    robrymond
    Best Sky Broadband would do is 28.99 for fibre unlimited and line rental. Previously paying 19.50 for both. He said the major discounts of old are now obsolete despite having being a customer since 2011 with discounts.

He said line rental costs are rising as to which I said well the cost to BT has actually fallen hence the 9.99 line rental last year and he said they were in line with competitors.

Except they won't match competitors deals such as Vodafone with 21 a month.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,343Posts Today

5,534Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin