Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Nick
    • By MSE Nick 21st Aug 15, 5:58 PM
    • 254Posts
    • 78Thanks
    MSE Nick
    Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback
    • 21st Aug 15, 5:58 PM
    Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback 21st Aug 15 at 5:58 PM

Hi all, we have new Sky Haggling guide, and we'd love to hear your feedback.

Just click reply below to share any info. If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren!!!8217;t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks for your help,

MSE Nick
    Last edited by MSE Sally; 25-08-2015 at 3:36 PM.
Page 79
    • Thomas1872
    • By Thomas1872 27th Feb 18, 12:20 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Thomas1872
    I would check your future costs via MySky to make sure you really have got a discount extension!!
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    Yeah, on the call I had with Sky they said my future bills will remain the same until January 2018
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 27th Feb 18, 8:03 AM
    • 2,100 Posts
    • 955 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Yeah, on the call I had with Sky they said my future bills will remain the same until January 2018
    Originally posted by Thomas1872
    Hopefully you mean 2019 otherwise you've been done
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 27th Feb 18, 8:29 AM
    • 4,845 Posts
    • 2,014 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Yeah, on the call I had with Sky they said my future bills will remain the same until January 2019
    But have you got it in writing ? Or viewed future bills online. MANY stories on here of so called agreed phone deals being denied a month or two down the line
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 27th Feb 18, 8:36 AM
    • 908 Posts
    • 273 Thanks
    Mchambers
    But have you got it in writing ? Or viewed future bills online. MANY stories on here of so called agreed phone deals being denied a month or two down the line
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    Whenever you get any deal from anyone via a phone call, just put this in writing via sending an em to them. I have always done this and it has got me out of whole a few times. I send an em to their ceo using ceoemailDOTcom.
    Just replace DOT with .
    • fitzy73
    • By fitzy73 27th Feb 18, 12:28 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    fitzy73
    I was on £32 a month for Entertainment package, Sky Sports and HD. This was 60% off I think.

Has my phone chat yesterday, and was first offered £437 a mont. I laughed. Then I was offered £35 a month. He wouldn't budge on that, so I cancelled.

They need me more than I need them but I'm determined to get it down to £30 a month.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 27th Feb 18, 1:49 PM
    • 9,037 Posts
    • 5,387 Thanks
    teddysmum
    But have you actually checked online to see what your future bills will be, rather than taking someone's word ?
    • Thomas1872
    • By Thomas1872 27th Feb 18, 3:12 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Thomas1872
    Yes I!!!8217;ve checked and my future bills are the same price.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 27th Feb 18, 3:15 PM
    • 4,845 Posts
    • 2,014 Thanks
    brewerdave
    I was on £32 a month for Entertainment package, Sky Sports and HD. This was 60% off I think.

Has my phone chat yesterday, and was first offered £437 a mont. I laughed. Then I was offered £35 a month. He wouldn't budge on that, so I cancelled.

They need me more than I need them but I'm determined to get it down to £30 a month.
    Originally posted by fitzy73
    I think you will be very lucky to get £30 pm this year - I finally got the same package down to £32.20 last October after cancellation and an official complaint with Exec. Complaints (going up to £33 in April)
    • Thomas1872
    • By Thomas1872 27th Feb 18, 3:15 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Thomas1872
    Hopefully you mean 2019 otherwise you've been done
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    Yeah I meant 2019
    • moneybairn
    • By moneybairn 27th Feb 18, 3:21 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    moneybairn
    I am currently due to be cut off from Sky TV in a few days. I have had 60% off the last 2 years after going through with cancellation and someone phoning me and offering me the 60% off(also got it in email as well).

I have done the same this year but can't get them to budge from 40% off. It's an ok offer but because I have had better am I going to keep holding out but going by recent posts it doesn't look like they are doing big offers at the moment.
    • markbloke
    • By markbloke 4th Mar 18, 8:49 AM
    • 309 Posts
    • 173 Thanks
    markbloke
    I had the boxsets package at 60% discount last year bringing it down to £15.20 per month. This year I demanded the same but was only offered 20% discount over the phone. I cancelled and checked my account on the sky box to see the scary countdown clock (accurate to the second!) and improved discount they inevitably offer there. The offer there related to the new packages - Entertainment for £15 PM and Boxset addon for £3.50 PM (so around 40% discount from the new prices). Not really watching the boxsets but would notice the extra HD channels missing from this combination. Went on chat and got them to agree to swap the Boxset bolt-on to the HD one for £3.50 PM on a new 12 month contract. Got an email with the contract while talking and read it. It claimed an 18 month minimum term. I raised this on chat and was told that was just a standard generated email but my notes would say I was on a 12 month contract. I asked for confirmation but was told they didn't have access to email. It was suggested I save the chat transcript as evidence if I was worried (which I have). Obviously I'm not happy about this aspect as I know how records of conversations get "lost" over 12 months. I've got 31 days cooling off though so I'll pester Sky to get me out a confirmation email.
    Update:
    Got confirmation that this is a 12 month minimum term with discount for the 12 months. Job done for another 11 months when the haggling starts again....
    Last edited by markbloke; 05-03-2018 at 6:26 PM. Reason: Update
    Reading this signature is a waste of time
    • Vegastare
    • By Vegastare 5th Mar 18, 10:35 AM
    • 49 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Vegastare
    If they do a deal with you and say this is the amount for next 18 mths do they have the right to then up it just three weeks later, got email to say they are raising prices - no mention of this three weeks ago....any one else got the email this last w'end
    • applicationcen
    • By applicationcen 5th Mar 18, 11:56 AM
    • 93 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    applicationcen
    They said they were putting my box sets up. Can they do that after agreeing a price?
    • davethorp
    • By davethorp 5th Mar 18, 6:19 PM
    • 1,453 Posts
    • 1,075 Thanks
    davethorp
    Just been haggling with Sky on live chat.

Was on a 60% off deal that was coming to an end next month on a monthly rolling contract

Was paying £35.60 for box sets with sports/movies and HD

Couldn!!!8217;t get them down as low as that but I accepted an offer for £41 for everything but on an 18 month contract

With the proposed upcoming price rise I!!!8217;m paying £4 a month more for the same package. A lot better than the £40 to £50 more I!!!8217;d have been paying if I hadn!!!8217;t haggled a new deal out of them

Did enquire about Sky Q but they only offered me £65 a month with that so turned them down

• teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 6th Mar 18, 1:10 AM
    • 9,037 Posts
    • 5,387 Thanks
    teddysmum
    They said they were putting my box sets up. Can they do that after agreeing a price?
    Originally posted by applicationcen
    They very rarely guarantee a price;just the percentage reduction on whatever the full price is .

If you agreed to pay £15 for something normally £20,this only means a 25% discount, so a price increase to £24 means you now pay £18.
    • Pa Ja
    • By Pa Ja 6th Mar 18, 10:15 AM
    • 102 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    Pa Ja
    Hi,

I've a few codes that allows new customers to get a full SKY Q Boxsets package, sports, movies, kids, documentaries, etc.. for £40 a month.
    Please leave a message here or PM and I can pass on.
    • tinshed
    • By tinshed 6th Mar 18, 5:52 PM
    • 121 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    tinshed
    Presently in a deal, which is ok, no contract at all.But, i want better in terms of more for my money.
    If i go through the cancellation game with them, say I'm not offered any better. I proceed to cancel, then wait it out for a deal. Say none is forthcoming can i cancel my cancel & keep the deal/price I was paying before cancelling?
    • Anon
    • By Anon 6th Mar 18, 6:44 PM
    • 12,792 Posts
    • 144,915 Thanks
    Anon
    Presently in a deal, which is ok, no contract at all.But, i want better in terms of more for my money.
    If i go through the cancellation game with them, say I'm not offered any better. I proceed to cancel, then wait it out for a deal. Say none is forthcoming can i cancel my cancel & keep the deal/price I was paying before cancelling?
    Originally posted by tinshed
    Yes you can cancel your cancellation before the end of your notice period. However, some have found the offers improve if you leave it to cancel (if you can live without it).
    • Anon
    • By Anon 6th Mar 18, 6:46 PM
    • 12,792 Posts
    • 144,915 Thanks
    Anon
    I received an email last night (service ended last week) which may help someone. I am not looking to go back as I had 75% off and a £100 account credit last year which will be hard to beat this year as it was £14.40 for Box Sets package, HD plus Cinema (before taking off the account credit ).

Subject: Come back to Sky from just £11 a month

Come Back Today

From £11 a month
    12-month minimum term

Come back to Sky TV with new Sky Entertainment from just £11 a month for 12 months with this exclusive offer and save £9 a month. Catch new drama Save Me starring Lennie James as an unlikely hero on a tireless quest to find his missing daughter. Plus, enjoy comedy, documentaries, music and so much more.

-A massive 300 channels
    -Sky Atlantic, Sky One and FOX
    -Incredible Catch Up TV
    -Sky Go so you can watch on the move

Personalise your package
    You now have the flexibility to only add the stuff you love.

Box Sets
    £2.50 extra a month (was £5)
    Over 350 unmissable box sets

Kids
    11 dedicated kids' channels

HD
    5x the picture quality of SD

Sports
    £14 extra a month (was £27.50)
    7 dedicated channels

Cinema
    £9 extra a month (was £18)
    Over 1000 movies on demand

Don't miss out. Offer ends 1 March.

The Sky Team

The link is: https://secure.sky.com/mysky-extras/coming-back-to-sky?DCMP=emc-Sky.com-ec-Winback50-WK32-35

Or call 0844 540 1044
    Originally posted by Anon
    I checked my online account today to see if any new offers had appeared. They hadnít, but shortly afterwards I got an email with the above offer again, expiry 29/3.

HTH
    • robrymond
    • By robrymond 7th Mar 18, 5:29 PM
    • 567 Posts
    • 145 Thanks
    robrymond
    Sky seem to be tough to budge for my 3rd year with Q:

We no longer do 12 month contracts due to customer feedback. We have been told customers prefer our 18 month ones as they have 6 months longer offers so they don't need to review their package for a year and a half then. I know you had very deep offers previously but with our change of packages, we are no longer offering these as we don't want to devalue our products anymore as actually we provide the most content in the whole of the UK and as stated by OfCom we are the least complaint about company which just proves that we offer a very high level of customer service.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,356Posts Today

7,669Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin