Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Nick
    • By MSE Nick 21st Aug 15, 5:58 PM
    • 254Posts
    • 78Thanks
    MSE Nick
    Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback
    • 21st Aug 15, 5:58 PM
    Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback 21st Aug 15 at 5:58 PM

Hi all, we have new Sky Haggling guide, and we'd love to hear your feedback.

Just click reply below to share any info. If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren!!!8217;t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks for your help,

MSE Nick
    Last edited by MSE Sally; 25-08-2015 at 3:36 PM.
Page 78
    • secretmachines
    • By secretmachines 9th Feb 18, 11:31 AM
    • 1,281 Posts
    • 1,151 Thanks
    secretmachines
    I'm an existing Sky customer, with a package discount applied and looking to upgrade to SkyQ: 2TB box + 2 SkyQ mini boxes.

Has anyone successfully haggled down the one off cost of these?

Via online chat (won't budge) or upgrading myself, the costs are:
    2TB box: 65
    Mini box 1: 50
    Mini box 2: 99

Be great if I could reduce that a bit.
    • pma13
    • By pma13 9th Feb 18, 2:05 PM
    • 130 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    pma13
    [QUOTE=secretmachines;73854680]I'm an existing Sky customer, with a package discount applied and looking to upgrade to SkyQ: 2TB box + 2 SkyQ mini boxes.

Be great if I could reduce that a bit.[/QUOTE

I've been offered both boxes ie main and mini 65
    • secretmachines
    • By secretmachines 9th Feb 18, 2:23 PM
    • 1,281 Posts
    • 1,151 Thanks
    secretmachines
    [QUOTE=pma13;73855604]
    I'm an existing Sky customer, with a package discount applied and looking to upgrade to SkyQ: 2TB box + 2 SkyQ mini boxes.

Be great if I could reduce that a bit.[/QUOTE

I've been offered both boxes ie main and mini 65
    Originally posted by secretmachines
    interesting

- was that mid-contract, or out of contract?
    - did you get that offer on the phone, online chat, mysky, etc.?
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 10th Feb 18, 9:37 AM
    • 4,780 Posts
    • 1,988 Thanks
    brewerdave
    [QUOTE=secretmachines;73855694]

interesting

- was that mid-contract, or out of contract?
    - did you get that offer on the phone, online chat, mysky, etc.?
    Originally posted by pma13
    My s-i-l recently upgraded to Q via phone - he was in the middle of a 50% off period for the whole package on HD+ Box.
    They kept his discounts and only charged him 50 for Q Box plus one mini installed. Seems as if they make it up as they go!!
    • secretmachines
    • By secretmachines 10th Feb 18, 11:03 AM
    • 1,281 Posts
    • 1,151 Thanks
    secretmachines
    [QUOTE=brewerdave;73859111]

My s-i-l recently upgraded to Q via phone - he was in the middle of a 50% off period for the whole package on HD+ Box.
    They kept his discounts and only charged him 50 for Q Box plus one mini installed. Seems as if they make it up as they go!!
    Originally posted by secretmachines
    Sounds good! I think calling is the way to go... Those customer service staff usually have more flexibility. I think they also have a small quota of offers they can give each month, once they're gone they're gone, which is why people experience different offers. Will call them and see how we get on!
    • stocksy6
    • By stocksy6 11th Feb 18, 1:38 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    stocksy6
    I've practically given up with the haggling now.

The best they would still offer is 37 for unlimited broadband and downgrading the tv package. So a 20% price increase for a downgraded package. Sky haven't got a clue have they!
    • Threepints
    • By Threepints 13th Feb 18, 7:43 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Threepints
    So, now with 14 days to go to contract end and after the offer on my account page originally giving me 30% off my current 38 pm (the old family bundle with box sets I think), it's now changed to offering the Entertainment package for 15 (normally 20) and Box Sets for 3.50 (normally 5) for 12 months.

From reading many of the previous posts this seems a very poor offer. Is this likely to improve over the next 14 days or is this as good as it gets with Sky nowadays?
    • tazwhoever
    • By tazwhoever 13th Feb 18, 10:33 PM
    • 871 Posts
    • 206 Thanks
    tazwhoever
    How can I get kids bundle cheaper than 5 pm? I am with Sky at the moment.
    • Singh23
    • By Singh23 20th Feb 18, 10:00 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Singh23
    I received an email last night (service ended last week) which may help someone. I am not looking to go back as I had 75% off and a 100 account credit last year which will be hard to beat this year as it was 14.40 for Box Sets package, HD plus Cinema (before taking off the account credit ).

Subject: Come back to Sky from just 11 a month

Come Back Today

From 11 a month
    12-month minimum term

Come back to Sky TV with new Sky Entertainment from just 11 a month for 12 months with this exclusive offer and save 9 a month. Catch new drama Save Me starring Lennie James as an unlikely hero on a tireless quest to find his missing daughter. Plus, enjoy comedy, documentaries, music and so much more.

-A massive 300 channels
    -Sky Atlantic, Sky One and FOX
    -Incredible Catch Up TV
    -Sky Go so you can watch on the move

Personalise your package
    You now have the flexibility to only add the stuff you love.

Box Sets
    2.50 extra a month (was 5)
    Over 350 unmissable box sets

Kids
    11 dedicated kids' channels

HD
    5x the picture quality of SD

Sports
    14 extra a month (was 27.50)
    7 dedicated channels

Cinema
    9 extra a month (was 18)
    Over 1000 movies on demand

Don't miss out. Offer ends 1 March.

The Sky Team

The link is: https://secure.sky.com/mysky-extras/coming-back-to-sky?DCMP=emc-Sky.com-ec-Winback50-WK32-35

Or call 0844 540 1044
    Originally posted by Anon
    Thank you for this! I went on live chat and got offered no discount. Went back on live chat with your information and was allowed to sign up for these prices.

Nabbed Entertainment + HD for 13.50pm (12 months). I've been lapsed for just over 12 months and am using a Sky+HD box. It's a perk that all asian channels are now included!
    • Noctu
    • By Noctu 23rd Feb 18, 10:49 AM
    • 1,501 Posts
    • 1,689 Thanks
    Noctu
    I don't know what's going on with the Sky Messaging/Live Chat service now but I've had a really poor experience this morning.

Out of contract for:
    Sky Q box sets, plus Sky mini box
    Fibre (40mb)
    Line rental with no call package

Current price 90.49.

I think I must have got a new starter as she offered me the following, for 18 months (with entertainment combo plus HD):
    45/month
    Then said that was wrong and it was
    50/month
    62/month
    51.99/month
    63/month

... and now she will not budge from 63/month.

I've expressed my dissatisfaction - I've been on the blinking chat thing for over 2 hours. She's just offered me 30 for the inconvenience... I think I will tell her where to stuff it
    Last edited by Noctu; 23-02-2018 at 11:12 AM.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 23rd Feb 18, 12:05 PM
    • 1,947 Posts
    • 855 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    She's just offered me 30 for the inconvenience... I think I will tell her where to stuff it
    Originally posted by Noctu
    Ask her if it's 30 a month for the inconvenience
    • astreix
    • By astreix 23rd Feb 18, 3:36 PM
    • 202 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    astreix
    I used to have sky enterntainment + hd + kids for a relatively cheap price till Dec 2017 but then they wanted to charge a lot more and I cancelled. It is now 2 months since cancellation and the best I can get is 16 for entertainment / hd / kids on existing hd+ box. Not much offers coming out recently.

Can't get them to sweeten the offer by adding account credit or upgrading to sky q box

Anyone managed to recently get a better price?
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 23rd Feb 18, 4:00 PM
    • 1,947 Posts
    • 855 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    I used to have sky enterntainment + hd + kids for a relatively cheap price till Dec 2017 but then they wanted to charge a lot more and I cancelled. It is now 2 months since cancellation and the best I can get is 16 for entertainment / hd / kids on existing hd+ box. Not much offers coming out recently.

Can't get them to sweeten the offer by adding account credit or upgrading to sky q box

Anyone managed to recently get a better price?
    Originally posted by astreix
    You wouldn't have had Entertainment before Christmas on an HD+ box I don't think but that aside 16 for Entertainment+HD+Kids is very good.

The full price would be 25+5+5=35
    • Sarah20-18
    • By Sarah20-18 25th Feb 18, 10:38 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sarah20-18
    Cheers for the tips Money saving expert! Followed them to the letter. Sky offered nothing but 1 off near enough so we cancelled. Had loads of deals come through waited our time on last week spoke on live chat unsuccessfully so rang them to be offered 50 a month off + sky q multiroom free installation and a better faster fibre broadband. Great we thought only to get a call a week later for them to say they couldn't offer what they promised and it would be 10 more expensive. Held our nerve requested manager call back as they had delivered the box etc and in the end saved 52 a month! Only tip I would give stay calm and play their games don't get angry! Customer service is the worst I've experienced in a long time but got there in the end. !!!128512;
    • SeeMe
    • By SeeMe 25th Feb 18, 2:59 PM
    • 75 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    SeeMe

P.S don't forget Sky Freephone number 0800 151 2747 gets you through to all departments
    Originally posted by Vegastare
    I thought calls to 03 numbers to sky support were free if you have sky talk?
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 25th Feb 18, 10:46 PM
    • 8,984 Posts
    • 5,345 Thanks
    teddysmum
    I thought calls to 03 numbers to sky support were free if you have sky talk?
    Originally posted by SeeMe
    They are free.
    • Thomas1872
    • By Thomas1872 25th Feb 18, 11:16 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Thomas1872
    I joined Sky in January 2017 for 32 pm for Sky+HD box set bundle, phone and broadband. Contract was coming to end January just gone and I contacted Sky to check what offers they have for me as my contract was coming to an end. They initially said as I had a discounted package so far there was nothing else they could offer me and the price was go up to around 70. I then spoke to them about a week later and was told my account was picked out at random to have another year at the same price so I was automatically renewed without any notification beforehand. The guy I spoke to said I was emailed and when I asked for it to be resent he said he wasn!!!8217;t able to it.

Was Sky correct to automatically renew it without letting me know?
    Last edited by Thomas1872; 25-02-2018 at 11:23 PM.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 26th Feb 18, 7:44 AM
    • 1,947 Posts
    • 855 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Originally posted by Thomas1872
    You'll be on a rolling monthly contract, not a new minimum term (besides the 30 days notice that you were already on). They've extended your offer rather than renewing it.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 26th Feb 18, 10:30 AM
    • 4,780 Posts
    • 1,988 Thanks
    brewerdave
    I joined Sky in January 2017 for 32 pm for Sky+HD box set bundle, phone and broadband. Contract was coming to end January just gone and I contacted Sky to check what offers they have for me as my contract was coming to an end. They initially said as I had a discounted package so far there was nothing else they could offer me and the price was go up to around 70. I then spoke to them about a week later and was told my account was picked out at random to have another year at the same price so I was automatically renewed without any notification beforehand. The guy I spoke to said I was emailed and when I asked for it to be resent he said he wasn!!!8217;t able to it.

Originally posted by Thomas1872
    I would check your future costs via MySky to make sure you really have got a discount extension!!
    • Thomas1872
    • By Thomas1872 27th Feb 18, 12:18 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Thomas1872
    From what I was advised on the call, it was renewed until January 2018.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,559Posts Today

5,817Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin