Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Comments

• rrobbo
    rrobbo Posts: 58 Forumite
    Tonymcp86, I had a call 5 days after cancelling but I'm not sure how they schedule these things. If you haven't done it already I'd also check your Sky account online for any offers and also see if there's anything on your Sky box itself. If nothing comes up I wouldn't worry too much as they should be able to extend your contract straight away even if you leave it pretty late.
  • Pa_Ja
    Pa_Ja Posts: 134 Forumite
    I was coming to the end of my sky deal so called them, was offered something good but asked the rep to call me back the following day to conclude the deal. I missed the calls, but returned them later however was speaking to different reps who said there was no note of that specific offer and they couldn't offer. I therefore advised the rep to cancel my contract as they werent willing to offer a satisfactory deal.
    Is there anything I can do to get my original offer?
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Pa_Ja wrote: »
    I was coming to the end of my sky deal so called them, was offered something good but asked the rep to call me back the following day to conclude the deal. I missed the calls, but returned them later however was speaking to different reps who said there was no note of that specific offer and they couldn't offer. I therefore advised the rep to cancel my contract as they werent willing to offer a satisfactory deal.
    Is there anything I can do to get my original offer?

If staff are to be believed, offers change quite frequently, so if there is no record of your offer, there is no eligibility, especially as you did not accept.

Let it go off and wait, as that is when the best offers are given.

I received three emails, one minutes after giving notice, but the best offer, I only found on checking My Sky, after someone on here posted a screen shot of their new offer.
  • _gav_
    _gav_ Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I would agree, you have to be prepared to let them cancel the contract and for Sky to turn off. It is only then that you'll get the best offer.
  • Hi Everyone,

How do you all manage to speak to someone on Sky Chat ?? I have been trying for weeks and all I ever get is 'Busy' or 'Connecting' that never goes any further !!

When I try calling them, it's always 'we are extremely busy' and go online to sort out your account.

I was on hold on the phone for over 30 minutes when I finally gave up and I have tried countless times to speak to someone on Live Chat. I'm so frustrated with it all !

Please help :-(
  • _gav_
    _gav_ Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Have just received a letter from Sky offering me 60% of my existing package, or any other package if I stay! I'm still not staying, but the letter directed me to http://www.sky.com/staywithsky where I had to log in to see the full detail.
  • _gav_ wrote: »
    Have just received a letter from Sky offering me 60% of my existing package, or any other package if I stay! I'm still not staying, but the letter directed me to http://www.sky.com/staywithsky where I had to log in to see the full detail.

I clicked that link, logged in and it came up with the same thing.
    If i opt in to that deal to stay with them, do people think this discount would further apply to SkyQ in a few months?
  • Just wanted to say thanks for the advice on here.

My Sky was turned off today after my 30 day notice and saw that I had a 60% offer on My Sky, however every time I clicked it it took me to a link to Live Chat.
    Anyway jumped on there and spoke to a chap and mentioned I'd seen there was 75% offer plus £100 credit and he applied it no fuss, so am paying £9.50 a month for the family pack but nothing for about the first 10 months. Am made up with that!!
  • teddysmum
    Hi Everyone,

How do you all manage to speak to someone on Sky Chat ?? I have been trying for weeks and all I ever get is 'Busy' or 'Connecting' that never goes any further !!

When I try calling them, it's always 'we are extremely busy' and go online to sort out your account.

I was on hold on the phone for over 30 minutes when I finally gave up and I have tried countless times to speak to someone on Live Chat. I'm so frustrated with it all !

Please help :-(

PlusNet are even worse. You can get onto chat, but they put you in a queue and sometimes cut you off. The phone drives you mad by playing just two awful tunes over and over (need to leave on speaker while you wait).
  • teddysmum
    tonymcp86 wrote: »
    I clicked that link, logged in and it came up with the same thing.
    If i opt in to that deal to stay with them, do people think this discount would further apply to SkyQ in a few months?

I think the good offers are partly because you already have the equipment, so are actually costing them nothing.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback